r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

You are correct it was something else changed in 1.8.3 that was not reported as changed i seem to be finding a good amount of these little changes that we have no info about :-(. This is what happens when others are left to do the build. 

This is why its been moved back to public.

I'll add a note to the changelog when i work out how to type it up. If you wont to write up the changelog note ill copy paste it same me a job at the weekend.

ps Nice Spot

I'm not allowed to add anyone else on the forums to help do official stuff else i would i really dont have the time to track everything so its down to others to help and support but if i cant trust that info coming in kind of makes it hard for me to do anything. For now i wont as little as possible changed so i can see wth has been changed and why so i can start to spend some time on moving forward again. But with the amount of unknown changes that happened in 1.8.3 and my lack of time its starting to become a problem for me to do.

If you wish to help make the changelog note about the transfusion(in github), and see if you can find out whats going on with the humanity change during login. <<< needs to be done before i can get 1.8.4 out to fix a ton of the issues from 1.8.3.

... and see if you can find out whats going on with the humanity change during login

Not sure which bug you are talking about. Are you talking about the skin defect? Can you give me a link/reference?

Had a little bit of time to look at this but did not find it yet. As a matter of fact I could use your help.

I need to know if the function server_hiveReadWrite in DayZ/SQF/dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf line 138 is being called.

Debugging should be added in DayZ/SQF/dayz_server/compile/server_playerLogin.sqf before and after line 86

(Code line: _primary = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;).

This needs to be tested in two ways:

1. new player logs in.

2. existing player logs in.

In case this function is called it would be realy useful to know the exact input and output in both cases: _key and _primary.

I don't know if you can test this, let me know.

EDIT: Actually I need a third test: Login as bandit (make sure the character has the right skin ingame), then die, and then login again. Same input and output needed.

Edited by ILoveBeans

ok so i've been trying to get Hicks,Eugen to push a dev version since the 14th of January with no luck. It's now gotten to the point they wont even responded to any communication at all.So sorry to say we are on a waiting game again before we can release 1.8.4 patch.

Soon as i know more so will you.

I'm going to keep doing a few little items here and there maybe get a few more vehicles/weapons ready but really nothing big until i know some more on release info.

• Like 5

Razor, I know you've heard me suggest this a few times but I wanted to see if you had given it any thought or whether or not it's even possible.  Is there a way to have a 3rd type of zombie that is less difficult than regular zeds or viral zeds and have them spawn at the coastal cities?  You've mentioned risk vs reward a number of times lately and I know it's an insanely difficult thing to balance considering the amount of people that complain that zombies are too hard or too easy after a new patch releases.  With different tiers of zombies you could really make the game more challenging up North and at military sites like NWAF and heli crash sites, but keep things easier near the coast so that new players don't quit playing the mod after 5 minutes because they can't hack it.  I'd really like the idea of zombies further inland behaving like the 1.8.1 zeds that could really do a number on you even when sprinting away from them.  I love that DayZ mod is a sandbox game (honestly despite all the bugs and the endless complaints people post here I feel it's the most entertaining video game I've ever played), but I don't think it would compromise the sandbox feel  too much to give it a bit of a linear progression in terms of difficulty as far as zombies are concerned.

• Like 1

Razor, I know you've heard me suggest this a few times but I wanted to see if you had given it any thought or whether or not it's even possible.  Is there a way to have a 3rd type of zombie that is less difficult than regular zeds or viral zeds and have them spawn at the coastal cities?  You've mentioned risk vs reward a number of times lately and I know it's an insanely difficult thing to balance considering the amount of people that complain that zombies are too hard or too easy after a new patch releases.  With different tiers of zombies you could really make the game more challenging up North and at military sites like NWAF and heli crash sites, but keep things easier near the coast so that new players don't quit playing the mod after 5 minutes because they can't hack it.  I'd really like the idea of zombies further inland behaving like the 1.8.1 zeds that could really do a number on you even when sprinting away from them.  I love that DayZ mod is a sandbox game (honestly despite all the bugs and the endless complaints people post here I feel it's the most entertaining video game I've ever played), but I don't think it would compromise the sandbox feel  too much to give it a bit of a linear progression in terms of difficulty as far as zombies are concerned.

Adding new types is pretty easy to do but getting them to spawn only at the coast is another question not to mention the two biggest towns both are coast based.

I noticed the temperatures for 1.8.4 are being tweaked and this is something I like a lot. I hope this plays out a bigger role in survival like hunger and thirst is.

• Like 1

I noticed the temperatures for 1.8.4 are being tweaked and this is something I like a lot. I hope this plays out a bigger role in survival like hunger and thirst is.

I guess time will tell but playing on the test build i had to waste matches trying to keep myself warm :-(

I guess time will tell but playing on the test build i had to waste matches trying to keep myself warm :-(

Guess that means it's time to gather heatpacks and go prone in a tent :)

Group huddles and/or killing someone for their warmth?

• Like 1

Ok so got an update today after moaning at Matt about the lack of response from anyone.

Hicks is away dealing with pax, Eugen is having some family issues.

Matt has been given the ok for the change log i'm just waiting for someone now to release on steam no idea when that will be. 

• Like 1

Better chance running around in the long barn with a fire place (Building + moving + fire) 

Not sure if this was discussed before but would it be possible if you were to have the rights to push out the release branches for the mod through Steam instead of others like Matt, Eugen and Hicks?

It just seems like a big obstacle of having a ready version of a mod to be released just to be waited for a period of time along with the core dedication you guys put into working the mod anyways which is always appreciated :)

Edited by TIC321

We have been over this many times we get lots of different promises and each one ends in the same result waiting around.

Unfortunately this occasion there is a very valid reason for the lack of response real life happens. As you know this has been the same story for the past few years with the mod its even got to a stage of people emailing BIS to get a response.

I really have no idea if there is a way we can control this outcome better :-(

Eugen will be back around Monday ill find out more then.

• Like 1

Can we publish their emails here?

Getting a 1000 emails from the community flooding their inboxes might prompt a faster response.

We just need to get their phone numbers and put them on speed dial for our mod updates :P

We just need to get their phone numbers and put them on speed dial for our mod updates :P

Brian's Twitter: @hicks_206

Eugen Harton: @eugenharton

• Like 2

Don't go bombing them with msgs. As i've already said Eugen will be around Monday there was a very valid reason coms have been lost for a few weeks.

• Like 2

Jokes aside, I got a great feeling about this update. I can't wait to see it

• Like 1

ok just an update been told Eugen will now be back on Thursday he has extended his leave 

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/333#issuecomment-73071881

This needs to be fixed before the patch comes out. You are going to suffer many complaints from servers unless this is fixed, especially with all the people trying to base build.

I had issues with both zombies and player combat. It seemed to crash whenever "projectile" information (bullets, axe hits, zed hits) was communicated between server and client. 

I wonder if code still exists to detect when a player "is in combat"? If so, I wonder if that might be part of the issue. As the base owner and being nearby my base, It never seemed to crash if someone was "shooting" in a direction away from me. However as soon as bullets were fired in my direction I would crash. And for sure a crash happens when I'd take damage from bullets. 

Something else I was wondering since I had a small example of this once while playing-Try pulling the trigger on an unloaded gun aimed directly at a base owner standing next to his/her base. I have a feeling that won't trigger a crash. 

Another test that might be worthwhile is to see if it is exclusive to wooden fences. I noticed in the video the zed's wailing on Geryon while he was near your metal fences and no crash. 

Also wondering if the total number of items built in an area can increase the likelihood of a crash. It seemed to get worse as I built more stuff. Just before I stopped playing I had appx 5 stashes and 8 wooden fences. At that point it seemed to be wreaking havoc on the entire server, crashing a dozen+ players at a time. I don't recall having the client crash problem for the lengthy period of time when I had like 3 stashes and just 2 walls built.

Thanks to Luke and Tommy for investigating this. I agree with Luke about this needing to be a priority before next patch. There's no point in implementing further base building features like lockable doors if any meaningful structure built by a player means his/her game is borderline unplayable. Or worse! the player earns a false reputation for combat logging.

Another update Eugen is extending leave to Monday Will know more then.