r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.3

Where can we report the bugs for 1.8.4? Should I start a new thread for the testing phase? \

Drop them on github. I wont be able to find them other wise

[ ] Hitting a fireplace with a melee will make it explode.

[ ] Logging out on top of a building puts you stuck on the first floor.  It requires admin intervention.

Unable to recreate these issues ? anyone have some more info

DayZ Testing,

DayZ-1.8.3-2189c6e

http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/Development/DayZ-1.8.3-2189c6e.zip

Current changes can be found.
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215677-rolling-changelog-184/#entry2166886

I'm still going over other issues this is just a test build.

The falling thought roofs i'm still unable to reproduce. No matter how many times i try on my own server i stay on the top floor of roofs kneeling down or prone.

- [Fixed] - Issue with POI buildings not being spawned on the server allowing clients to fall thought the objects on login.

Ok this seems to be a poi issue they was moved in 1.8.2/3 to be hosted local. This was a bad idea as the buildings dont spawn on the server so players logging in don't actual know about the buildings.

Glad you found another matches bug, but that isn't the one I reported.

Mine was about not being able to pick them up at all. I guess it must be to do with the server I play on.

Thanks anyway.

Wooden Gates Added, Able to gather stone.

Cool, lockable gates. Is the "owner" of the gate CharacterID or PlayerUID?

Test Phase - Released 04/01/2015

DayzMod-Dev - 1.8.3.a216b06 FULLBUILD

http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/Development/1.8.3.a216b06/

Make sure to update Client,Server and Mission.

Changes

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215677-rolling-changelog-184/#entry2166886

Test server is up and running with the new files.  

IP: 209.0.142.106 PORT:2352 PW: breakin

just jumped in for a quick run about and...

"- [Removed] - default pickup (weapon,magazine,bags) from action menu."

...eek! this ones gonna take some getting use to.

edit - 

Had another quick blast – found it very hard to stay focused as its just not any challenge

Temperature only an issue if you stand still – running in rain quickly warms you so no need of fire or heat packs

Action menu for reload is still present – not being able to “just” pick up stuff and only being able to do it in the gear menu really feels like a step back

Can no longer open a back pack on floor but can still pick it up.

Z's are ineffective, I can stand in the middle of a group as they hit me and shoot each one in turn. They do so little damage + the current state of the pain effect makes them no issue at all

Loss of hydration seems very high in some cases.

Edited by Detoeni

just jumped in for a quick run about and...

"- [Removed] - default pickup (weapon,magazine,bags) from action menu."

...eek! this ones gonna take some getting use to.

edit - 

Had another quick blast – found it very hard to stay focused as its just not any challenge

Temperature only an issue if you stand still – running in rain quickly warms you so no need of fire or heat packs

Action menu for reload is still present – not being able to “just” pick up stuff and only being able to do it in the gear menu really feels like a step back

Can no longer open a back pack on floor but can still pick it up.

Z's are ineffective, I can stand in the middle of a group as they hit me and shoot each one in turn. They do so little damage + the current state of the pain effect makes them no issue at all

Loss of hydration seems very high in some cases.

Ok thanks but it really don't help we need more info about the different areas 

What isn't a challenge Explain what challenge your looking for so we know what your call a challenge?

Action menus are just not in your build im trying to finish the code to have them fully removed but i've ran out of time so the old action menus will return for the next build.

Not sure when zeds have ever been effective in dayz maybe you could explain what you mean by effective.

Can you explain the some cases hydration seems high its pretty hard to guess?

Again thanks.

New action menu coming, cool. Ignore me on that point then :)

What isn't a challenge Explain what challenge your looking for so we know what your call a challenge?

I spawned in electro and headed into town without a melee weapon expecting to die or get hurt bad. Having to stop and use the menu to pickup stuff meant I was getting hit an awful amount of times and knocked down twice, backed out of town to check my health and saw I had only lost just over 1500 blood and (as far as I can tell) did not need pain killers. It makes stealth a bit pointless as rapid evasion is more effective – hence lack of challenge imo. Although the way it was before does seem a little hard for most folks.

Not sure when zeds have ever been effective in dayz maybe you could explain what you mean by effective.

I know the z's have never been terribly effective but if im toe to toe with one I would expect to get the stuffing knocked out of me, rather than me going “lol” and head shoting it. With the old pain effect I would have to spray and pray to clear space to fall back before healing because accurate shooting just was not an option.

Can you explain the some cases hydration seems high its pretty hard to guess?

Headed back into town to drink my full from well. By the time I'd run back to the barn just north of electro I had lost nearly a third of my water which seemed a bit high. Also soda cans did not give much back, I know most are a bit naff, but even ice tea and lemonade did not look to have much of an effect. Those two used to give back enough that you would see a change in the HUD.

By the time I thought to look more closely, I could not find a single can of soda in Vybor or the airfield to check the values in the diary overlay... I will jump back in and have another look soon

Edited by Detoeni

Ok so Zeds need looking at then damage wise as you mentioned nothing about the attack range ill take that as its ok.

hydration hasn't been changed at all from the last version (drinking from water gives 150, water from a tincan is 300, water from bottle is 1000) Cans range from 100 to 600.

Food and water consumption is based on a few items speed of the character moving, Temperature of the character, weight of the gear your carrying. The funniest thing about the consumption its never changed its always been the same. How food and water is  consumed has never changed :-)

I think the current hydration mechanics are great (in 1.8.3.  I'm assuming they're the same in 1.8.4).  A 12oz can of sugary/caffeinated soda or lemonade shouldn't help much.  Taking a couple drinks of fresh water from a well or boiled water from one water bottle almost completely refills your drink meter.  It's a good thing that people have to plan their routes and look for fresh water sources.  Honestly, as long as you drink a soda here and eat a tin can of food there you're pretty well off.  You only really HAVE to have cooked meat and water if you travel really far from food/drink sources or if you're lazy and sprint past towns to make it to NWAF.  

I know you've heard my opinion on this a few times but I think the 1.8.1 zombies were fantastic.  They hit hard, you had a fairly decent chance of getting infected by viral zeds, and they had just enough speed and melee range to catch up and hit you and occasionally knock you over while you're sprinting.  I think the solution to people complaining about the difficulty is to limit types of zombies to certain areas (which I believe has already been done to some extent).  Spawn military and viral zeds inland and further North.  Spawn only regular zombies in residential areas near the coast.  Sometimes the global changes to zed damage and melee range becomes a pendulum that swings back and forth between extremes.  Would it be better to create another, more easy tier of zeds that spawn at coastal towns?  (is that possible?)

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but in playing 1.8.3 I've really missed the low blood effects from before.  I LOVE the changes to being in pain (the drunk cam), and I like that getting hit by zeds or gunshots really shocks you now, but I really miss the shakiness, desaturation, and panicky sounds that you used to make when close to death.  Currently you could be at 300 blood and hardly know it save for the fact that you're passing out frequently and the color/saturation goes all funky (sometimes you make the panic sounds when zombies are nearby but sometimes you don't).  It just doesn't feel threatening when you're low on blood.

[Fixed] - Loot spawning timeout has been moved back to 5 minutes down from 15 (1.8.3 change was unknown) 

Curious, what do you mean by change was unknown?  I thought changing the loot spawn timer was intentional.  In 1.8.2 it was extremely easy to loot farm.  You could bounce from barracks to medical and back to barracks at the new POI airfield and cycle the loot like crazy and be fully geared in 20 minutes.  The longer timeout is much better at creating the apocalyptic scavenging feel.  We roll up to a factory to look for engine parts...none there...okay, let's move on!  We then proceed to travel to other towns, running into all sorts of action and folly on the way.  With the 5 minute timer we just hang out running circles around the factory until an engine pops up.  They loot farming process is too tempting to pass up but inevitably leads to a more boring experience of hanging out in a single area rather than searching the map for the one part you need to fix the helicopter/car/etc.  Would 10 minutes be a better compromise?

• Like 2

Borges, I'd love to but I don't think the server can handle 60 at the moment.  I'll creep up the player count and see.

Just some feedback, the server has been performing really well the last few days.  Not sure if it has anything to do with removing JSRS support, but I have had virtually no issues with inventory lag, player desync, delayed switching from weapon to melee, etc.  FPS still hurts a bit when the server is full, but overall the server's been MUCH more smooth at peak times when pop i high.

[Fixed] - Loot spawning timeout has been moved back to 5 minutes down from 15 (1.8.3 change was unknown) 

Just means the changes was undocumented in 1.8.3 kind of a pain in the ass when your working bugs and find stuff changed with no info why. We did try this a few versions back and we had an unholy shouting contest of ppl saying they cant find loot. So we caved in and changed it back to the 5 min timer however i do agree that the 10/15 min timer would be better.

The feedback we get is all over the place we cant always work out 1 if there running dayzmod 2. if the issue is an issue or just ppl shouting because they have to change. But sometimes we really dont have the time to try working out whats real or not.

I'm in the middle of adding a dayz_DamageMultiplier so admins can change the scale damage zeds do within the mission file. I really dont think we will every get it 100%

Just some feedback, the server has been performing really well the last few days.  Not sure if it has anything to do with removing JSRS support, but I have had virtually no issues with inventory lag, player desync, delayed switching from weapon to melee, etc.  FPS still hurts a bit when the server is full, but overall the server's been MUCH more smooth at peak times when pop i high.

It's good to hear.  I placed JSRS but I did remove the Arma 3 Epoch server and placed it on another machine.  It took more CPU cycles than I was comfortable with. That's probably help more than anything else.  It looks like the stability issues were due to this as well.  

Ok so Zeds need looking at then damage wise as you mentioned nothing about the attack range ill take that as its ok.

I was moving about quite rapidly and they did not seem to have a problem hitting, just lack of damage.

Food and water consumption is based on a few items speed of the character moving, Temperature of the character, weight of the gear your carrying. The funniest thing about the consumption its never changed its always been the same. How food and water is  consumed has never changed :-)

:/ I know, just it felt different from what I am use to... After running(not sprint) 900m I was worried I was not going to get to the next town okay with the way it was dropping off.

edit - forgot having the z's spawn at a greater range is much better, was moving into areas and seeing them already moving around made it feel a lot like the old days :thumbsup:

Edited by Detoeni

Just means the changes was undocumented in 1.8.3 kind of a pain in the ass when your working bugs and find stuff changed with no info why. We did try this a few versions back and we had an unholy shouting contest of ppl saying they cant find loot. So we caved in and changed it back to the 5 min timer however i do agree that the 10/15 min timer would be better.

Make it 7 :)

The feedback we get is all over the place we cant always work out 1 if there running dayzmod 2. if the issue is an issue or just ppl shouting because they have to change. But sometimes we really dont have the time to try working out whats real or not.

I really wish more people would get involved with testing and making suggestions on how they would like to see the mod progress.  Not just speculate, but actually try some of the changes and give a proper evaluation of them.

There have only been a couple people on the test server. Rather disappointing considering you have made it very easy for them to test with just having to copy the @DayZ-Dev directory in and launch with -mod=DayZ-Dev.

Joined in on the test server and played for a while. The main noticable change is the following (pasting from changelog):

- [Removed] - default pickup (weapon,bags) from action menu. (Arma default commands).

And as an experienced player I do not like this at all if it's somewhat patch ready. Because the items you actually regularly want to pick up using the default pickup button, are exactly the items you have removed the option from. Especially if you are a new spawn who has got no tools or weapons. In this case you want to be picking up tools and weapons quickly, not start messing around with crouch animations and menus. The default action menus can be improved a lot don't get me wrong and I'll give some ideas to this.

The items that should have had this option removed (or add gear option) are the vehicle parts, and they seem to be the only items that still has this option! Because it's ridiculous considering what space they take (engine and main rotor 10 slots each) that you are forced to pick them up straight in your inventory and not have the option to put them in your backpack. And given the fact you can't get the "gear" option on them, you can't use them as a loot pile to drop things quickly to the ground either.

My suggestion is quite simple and to me logic. Everything that counts as tools/weapons you should keep the default pickup action for. If you want to add the normal gear option to them, that's just fine, but why not keep the default pickup option as well? Exactly like how the matchbox works:

1mi6hKz.jpg

This is the most ideal and user friendly gear mechanic. Would be nice to see all tools/weapons have the same.

Ammo, tin cans, food, drinks, vehicle parts and any normal item going in your normal inventory, remove the default action for. This way the system makes sense to me at least.

Edit: Maybe the vehicle parts are intended like this just because beginners could end up getting them ruined because of lack of space. Currently they will be prompted they don't have space. I'll buy that then, even though it's messy for people that knows how to handle it, because we may end up having to drop our weapon on the ground as well as the backpack content in order to transfer it to the backpack.

Did not get the chance to see what's been done with the fire menu's. I hope it hasn't become more time consuming to cook/boil, considering how often you need to do this.

The bugs I found, melee weapons:

Was nice to see a few more peps on the server today.

Hydration – I was not aware that items carried had an effect on this, when i saw it the other day i had a jerry can on me. What I think I saw  was I had drunk till the hud said I was full, but I think this is shown when thirst is less than 100 rather than when you are actual full. Today starting at grish with 0 hunger and thirst a ran the 4000 odd meters to gorka used about 300 water, drank to 0 thirst and picked up a jerry can then ran the 1000 meters to pol and used about 300 water again so all seems okay.

Had an odd moment at the train near the quarry, z's managed to break my legs while I was looting the train. Now while testing dev builds on facoptere's server I had the z's break my legs twice within 6 meters of the same point....I was wondering if there is some iffy collisions around that point. If you think its worth a look lmk and i'll stick the location in a bug on github.

Edited by Detoeni

Joined in on the test server and played for a while. The main noticable change is the following (pasting from changelog):

- [Removed] - default pickup (weapon,bags) from action menu. (Arma default commands).

And as an experienced player I do not like this at all if it's somewhat patch ready. Because the items you actually regularly want to pick up using the default pickup button, are exactly the items you have removed the option from. Especially if you are a new spawn who has got no tools or weapons. In this case you want to be picking up tools and weapons quickly, not start messing around with crouch animations and menus. The default action menus can be improved a lot don't get me wrong and I'll give some ideas to this.

The items that should have had this option removed (or add gear option) are the vehicle parts, and they seem to be the only items that still has this option! Because it's ridiculous considering what space they take (engine and main rotor 10 slots each) that you are forced to pick them up straight in your inventory and not have the option to put them in your backpack. And given the fact you can't get the "gear" option on them, you can't use them as a loot pile to drop things quickly to the ground either.

My suggestion is quite simple and to me logic. Everything that counts as tools/weapons you should keep the default pickup action for. If you want to add the normal gear option to them, that's just fine, but why not keep the default pickup option as well? Exactly like how the matchbox works:

1mi6hKz.jpg

This is the most ideal and user friendly gear mechanic. Would be nice to see all tools/weapons have the same.

Ammo, tin cans, food, drinks, vehicle parts and any normal item going in your normal inventory, remove the default action for. This way the system makes sense to me at least.

Edit: Maybe the vehicle parts are intended like this just because beginners could end up getting them ruined because of lack of space. Currently they will be prompted they don't have space. I'll buy that then, even though it's messy for people that knows how to handle it, because we may end up having to drop our weapon on the ground as well as the backpack content in order to transfer it to the backpack.

Did not get the chance to see what's been done with the fire menu's. I hope it hasn't become more time consuming to cook/boil, considering how often you need to do this.

The bugs I found, melee weapons:

Ok that was a long one for now ignore the action menu stuff. They will be changed back for the next build. My dev version has some systems I haven't pushed to github yet to replace all arma pickup systems. This would be one of the biggest bugs with dayz losing stuff when using the auto pickup.

Hence the reason there removed for now. I add stuff to the changelog so I don't forget its been changed it don't mean it will stay for the final release (might have to start adding temp change on the changelog) I did explain this already but no worry's.

Test some of the other issues like damage,gates,locks,breakin,being hit with a car and some others in the changelog.

Thanks