SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Any news on experimental going to stable right away?  Haven't read anything since the weekend so I'm curious on if it's still a go.

Looking on Reddit it is most definately going tomorrow.

• Like 1

Looking on Reddit it is most definately going tomorrow.

Awesome.  Thank you very much sir.  :thumbsup:  :beans:

Whats going on with the expeimental servers, theres barely any loot even after a restart and doors are always open even after a restart, it took 4 hours today to find a damaged can of beans, something is broken

Whats going on with the expeimental servers, theres barely any loot even after a restart and doors are always open even after a restart, it took 4 hours today to find a damaged can of beans, something is broken

Loot doesn't respawn on restart.  

The server I was on today was so full. Never seen anything like it. Dozens of guns in the one room. Absolutely hundreds of items in total. Then I walked east across the whole map to get to the coast to find netting for a ghillie suit and every boat I seen has about ten hats, 5 wellies and no netting. Really weird!

There is a lot of expansive empty land up north still. I hope they add some things to it but leave alot of it empty. Some of the new towns up north annoy me because they are so big. North should be dangerous and difficult to survive in. But with a town round every corner it's getting alot easier.

• Like 2

Loot Respawns whenever it respawns with the NEW Loot System, Loot does NOT respawn after a server restart since months now, I think.

I recommend to check at least the 5 last patchnotes to stable to get a feel for what happened in the past weeks.

Common misconception: Doors are open so someone must have been in there. Not always the case! Correct: Doors open randomly after server restart. This does not mean that loot respawns and it doesn't mean that someone has already visitied that house.

Oops, way too late...

Hey, who was that guy that had a V3S at Balota? I could hear you but I couldn't see you, I was worried about my tomatoes and then the server restarted :-/

Edited by Demonica

And that"s exactly why it's called experimental.

They are constantly working on it. It's a work in progress and will be for some time. Aside from that, it is an Alpha Experimental, so expect game breaking bugs to occur and diminish.

If you'd rather have a stable, more playable experience, play the stable branch of DayZ or wait until the game is in Beta if you feel it's too broken for you.

Personally I stopped playing for about a month and started playing again as soon as a nice new patch came out that interested me and was worth playing a bit of a buggy game :D

Edited by Demonica

Did I right that read? You can't carry a backpack when you are wearing a gillie suit? Just asking to make sure, I haven't been able to build one of my own yet.

Trying to get off the coast has starved me several times. In my last, desperate attempt to make it to Kamenka (since "off the coast" didn't do anything for me) had me passing Three Valleys where to fresh spawns ganged up on me. I had nothing on me but my T-shirt that I had torn to rags.

Kids these days... tztztz.

On another attempt I lost my entire backpack while trying to cool off a little in the ocean - probably stupid on my part since I knew the risk. But question: Is that actually a bug or a feature, losing stuff when swimming? Never figured that one quite out since I thought I had read they were "fixing" it like 8 patches ago.

Yes, If you wear the Bushrag or the Ghillie top you Can't carry a backpack, the ghillie items also take up a considerable amount of space inside backpacks.

• Like 1

And that"s exactly why it's called experimental.

They are constantly working on it. It's a work in progress and will be for some time. Aside from that, it is an Alpha Experimental, so expect game breaking bugs to occur and diminish.

If you'd rather have a stable, more playable experience, play the stable branch of DayZ or wait until the game is in Beta if you feel it's too broken for you.

Personally I stopped playing for about a month and started playing again as soon as a nice new patch came out that interested me and was worth playing a bit of a buggy game :D

Your reply dosent make sense, so if stable has a working loot system then so should experimental because thats the version that goes from that to stable, why would it be broken now and not in stable?, its been very frustrating today running round starving todeath

Edited by Anddos

Your reply dosent make sense, so if stable has a working loot system then so should experimental because thats the version that goes from that to stable, why would it be broken now and not in stable?, its been very frustrating today running round starving todeath

The persistent servers on stable are not working so Demonica's statement is correct.

• Like 3

Sometimes it can also happen that stable has something working fine while the next experimental patch messes something up completely, loot in general, zeds, items not spawning / overspawning.

There's many folks who get frustrated because, yes, it gets harder to find food. First tip: Get off the coast to find more loot up north / inland. Sometimes you get lucky.

Then: fish, hunt or grow tomatoes. If you can find all tools needed, you should be set.

Try living off the land, survive a little ;)

I'm sorry, got the impression we're just testing glow lights and gas stove and lamps ...about all I seem to find  :/

Anyone finding downed helo's on EXP? Can't find any.

I've heard rumours that loot is spawning but  helis are invisible :o  :huh:

• Like 2

Not finding any helicopter crashes on experimental either ...

On a side note I had a great time in experimental tonight and surprisingly it was all in a third person server (which I've been playing only first person servers for six months now so going back to 3pp was a weird experience , I found myself only going to third when I was driving it was just a bad habit lol).

So my adventure started in kamyshovo .. The damn town was raided , like bad loot spawn and a million fresh spawns raided ... So I decided to pick some Berries and move onto pusta , best decision ever Lol ... Found about 5 cans of food and a water pump which sustained me all the way to Msta (not too far but the walk seemed far this time for some reason) . Whence in Msta I found a truck that I rode to staroye , which promptly got "stolen" (I was trying to avoid the guy that stole it so I basically abandoned the thing in the road near the police station and let him take it so I didn't have to get shot at as I had no weapons lol).

After looking for some Jerry cans and coming up empty handed , I leave for NW airfield , get bored see another truck and start to do donuts lawl... I notice another truck approach so I promptly decide a demolition derby is in proper terms ... I rammed this guys truck good and we both spun around lol . So after a good old romp and chase I decide to ditch the truck (he hated me lol but it was a good battle Mang) and head into the jail house at that industrial type fenced in area with three barracks' around it .

I meet a friendly clan (CQF I wanna say ?) some really nice people , they tell me a place where I can get some loot and I promptly find an aks-74 u (my first :) ) after getting back to HQ(the jail house) I see the clan has left , probably out to save the world ... so I empty the contents of a One Pispsi to commemorate the friendly clan wherever they may be ..

I then meet two more friendlys , one after the next and in turn one was waiting for the other , the second gets shot as he arrives and I tell them to hustle inside the jail house . After a good wait of silence and suspense they decide they are gonna make a run for it to their truck but I decide to stay , they offered to pull up the second v3s as they had one and my demo derby v3s was still in the field , but instead I offered them cover as they both hopped into their truck ..

I barely had time to see if they both got into the truck safely before I caught a glimpse in my left periforal , the bandit lining up his shot , I take about 5 single shots with the aks and go unconcious , but it takes about a minute for me to die ... I'm hoping I shot the fucker and my friends were able to get away lol, and if any of my acquaintances I met tonight are reading this good luck and i hope you keep on being friendly ;) .

Tl;DR : please read plox .

• Like 3

I think you can get the cannibal disease simply by being hit by zombies now. At least I have heard the cannibal laugh up close twice now where I was certain there was no other players around (and I hadn't eaten human flesh, but had been hit by zombies).

Oh, so that's what that laugh is.  Freaking spooky, I thought some script kiddie was ghosting me.

Hi guise.

I just wanted to ask is anyone else really struggling to find ANY loot of substance? I switched yesterday to experimental and played on a  few different servers for hours. I even took one of those new trucks around to random towns. I drove for a loooooong time. The only loot was gas stoves, if that at all. Is this a issue with experimental?

I think you can get the cannibal disease simply by being hit by zombies now. At least I have heard the cannibal laugh up close twice now where I was certain there was no other players around (and I hadn't eaten human flesh, but had been hit by zombies).

I dont think this is true, i think its just a bug. It would be really silly to program in that you get 'Kuru' from being hit by a zombie. That brain sickness can only come from eating other peoples dead body parts. They discovered it while studying some random tribe somewhere, i forget, maby Indonesia. They found they were eating their dead, after they were dying from a sickness. Then they were all going batshit crazy afterwards.

If you are using Exp and want to play Stable, you will need to opt out of Exp. (DayZ.exe error).

In the past both versions Stable & Exp) have been compatible, this is not so with 0.51 build.

There is a lot of expansive empty land up north still. I hope they add some things to it but leave alot of it empty. Some of the new towns up north annoy me because they are so big. North should be dangerous and difficult to survive in. But with a town round every corner it's getting alot easier.

There are several more towns & key locations planned up north that we know of, so that doesn't include things that haven't been announced.

We're still waiting on: Kamensk, Krasnoe, Nagornoe, Polesovo, Ratnoe, Smirnovo, Stary Yar, Tisy, and Zaprudnoe in addition to the military base near Tisy and the prison complex (assuming they aren't one-in-the-same). There are many half-finished projects in the north as well, such as the compound near Krasnostav.

Interesting! Which leads me to this question...

If you are using Exp and want to play Stable, you will need to opt out of Exp. (DayZ.exe error).

In the past both versions Stable & Exp) have been compatible, this is not so with 0.51 build.

...is Experimental getting a new build of 0.51 today or will it get 0.52? Your statement confuses me :P

EDIT: As vague as that tweet was, I suppose Experimental could just be going offline for a week as well just like it did when 0.50 was pushed to Stable. I'm okay with that I guess.

Edited by Tatanko

As long as we get something, I don't even care much about the version number anymore :P  I'm going back to bed to pass the time until the update is live. Now that we have vehicles, I don't even know what else to expect, so I just wait and see with all the patience in the world.

As long as we get something, I don't even care much about the version number anymore :P  I'm going back to bed to pass the time until the update is live. Now that we have vehicles, I don't even know what else to expect, so I just wait and see with all the patience in the world.

I'm thinking 0.52 will be optimization as 0.50 and 0.51 were originally intended to be. That would make me VERY happy. They wouldn't go a whole version without adding or replacing some things though, I'm sure of that. Maybe some map changes? Please map changes! :)

• Like 1

I've been trying to get on experimental for the last couple of hours now. I keep getting an error "Connection failed... No Executable File"

I assume this has something to do with an update. If I load Stable the game works fine. Strange. In the past the game would start but the browser wouldn't list the servers because they were down. never seen the game fail to start at all :huh:

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch