SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

I've ran into a lot of friendly players on experimental, I miss the ghillie and 50 cal from the Mod along with all the cars

I have had a different experience....

I was completely fresh, climbing down a ladder in Elektro, when some wank decides to blow me away with a shotgun.....no warning, no talking, just KOS.....I didnt even have any loot....lol

It was YOU!

did you take my truck from the warehouses behind the apartment blocks in berenzine last night???

Thief!!!  hahah

nope ;) !

a guy really offers me the truck ! i was playing for the first time this exp, when i heard a new sound. i first thought it was a new sound for the wind but as it came closer, i notice it was the brand new V3S. i runned in its direction and clapped my hand when the car drive in my direction. the guy stop, jump ou of the car and offers me the truck. a nice guy indeed ! i took a traveler about one minute after. when i offer him to drive the car, a freshspawn punched me with brass knucles, i hit him with my pickaxe a few times and he manage to steal the car. we run after him and find the car 300m away, with his dead body inside.

what an epic start with that vehicule !

most of the time i offer the suvivors i encouter to try the car, none of them have stolen it !

I changed over just for the Ghillie suit, In real live it takes us a good week to sew all the netting on, strip the jute and weave it in, paint or die, sew pockets where you want them. Hell on this, the hardest part is finding the burlap and a knife.

Edited by RangerBarlow

Anyone up to killing me in the zelenogorsk military base, My legs exploded and I'm stuck upstairs in the guardroom. [jail cell building]

Forget about this, I hurled myself off the watchtower.

Edited by a_ruttle

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem I am having on experimental as well as the current stable build.

Anybody get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video? I hadn't consumed human meat, had healthy status, no fractured limbs, hadn't been sprinting, etc. Any one else experience this &/or no what triggers this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OR_bnQLpoo

Edited by blunce

Any body get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video? I hadn't consumed human meat, had healthy status, no fractured limbs, hadn't been sprinting, etc. Any one else experience this &/or no what triggers this?

I seem to remember in the Mod this could happen if you got hurt - you needed painkillers to soothe the shakes.  Maybe try that?  Other than that, no ideas.

When I play the stable version I can run it on Very High with 60 fps, but when I switch to experimental, it drops to like 10 fps. I've tried putting everything on very low but it doesnt help. Has anyone else had this problem? and if so how do i fix it?

I changed over just for the Ghillie suit, In real live it takes us a good week to sew all the netting on, strip the jute and weave it in, paint or die, sew pockets where you want them. Hell on this, the hardest part is finding the burlap and a knife.

In real life it also take weeks to die of starvation.. Here you can die from starvation just minutes after you have eaten 5 apples.

The point is that time can not be realistic in a game like this. If they would the game would be useless since there would be no need for food and water, and nobody would have a ghillie because everyone would be bored to death before they could build it.

Any body get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video? I hadn't consumed human meat, had healthy status, no fractured limbs, hadn't been sprinting, etc. Any one else experience this &/or no what triggers this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OR_bnQLpoo

Yup, not sure what it's from.  Splints, morphine and/or painkillers doesn't fix it.

Edited by Caboose187

I have avoided experimental since I found out vehicles were implemented.

I might switch over tomorrow afternoon hoping things have quieted down....

Thanks for the updates and info people!

I hope people keep in mind that everything we see is a placeholder for a placeholder. :P

Yup, not sure what it's from.  Splints, morphine and/or painkillers doesn't fix it.

Damn. I hadn't seen any mentions of it anywhere either, which I thought was odd. I've been looking for painkillers since Mandrake's response, but I guess that answers that.

& damnit Caboose you got rid of your Nathan Explosion avatar  :(

Damn. I hadn't seen any mentions of it anywhere either, which I thought was odd. I've been looking for painkillers since Mandrake's response, but I guess that answers that.

Heh, it fit my personality too much :p

Might have something to do with being cold, and even though you warmed up the game decided to leave the heebidy jeebidies inside you

and to eeveryoneelse!

pick up dem walkie talkies!

I roam the countries in EXP calling out on the base signal, and have yet to hear a response. :(

Edited by leviski
  • Like 1

As I heard, server performance impacts on the clients fps. I suspect, with the addition of cars, the processing power required, is much higher, which could result in fps drops. I have them too and many other also will. It is experimental and subject to change.

Might have something to do with being cold, and even though you warmed up the game decided to leave the heebidy jeebidies inside you

and to eeveryoneelse!

pick up dem walkie talkies!

I roam the countries in EXP calling out on the base signal, and have yet to hear a response. :(

If I'd stop throwing away my flashlight and battery, haven't found an actual use for this useless item, I'd pick up the walkie talkie.   B)

Just roamed experimental for 3 hours , took a while to find a gas canister but now that i have I'm basically set for life ... I first rolled through gorka after filling my tank up to full and also a filled a Jerry can for good measure , so I decided to finally check out northwest airfield again (haven't since vehicles were implemented)

I found a good bit of military loot which was good, but I ran the most popular "heli-crash run" for a good hour down to sosnovka and didn't find one helicrash :( I made sure to go slow too so I could find some loot lying in the grass as if the helicopter disappeared but no luck :( anybody find any helicopter crashes in .51 yet?

Anybody get the jittery shakes that you can see in my video?

Yes, after a gun fight in which both my arms & legs were in pain, I believe it to be the result of a state of shock, unfortunately I never lived to tell the tale  or see if the effects disappeared !

Does persistency work on jerry cans? That is, if I drop it and the server restarts, will it still be there? Yesterday I tried putting it somewhere safe, but that happened to be on a bush. After the restart it was no longer there, so I'm not sure if it's the bush's fault or jerry cans, like V3Ses, are not affected by persistency at the moment.

right now i'm starving in mogilevka (DE-06 / 1st Person) because there is no food at all. Anyone around there who would share some food? :D

I think i won't make it to vyshnoye or stary...

Edited by Owltalktoyou

right now i'm starving in mogilevka (DE-06 / 1st Person) because there is no food at all. Anyone around there who would share some food? :D

I think i won't make it to vyshnoye or stary...

Apples and berries are your friend  ;)

Apples and berries are your friend  ;)

i've picked about 20 apples and they won't bring me out of the "i'm starving" zone - don't know whats wrong...