SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Yeah, I get to spawn in but not move before the game crashes now. Also, does everyone else also got all the exp servers showing 0/40 or 0/50 even though they are obviously full or almost full when you join them?

Yes.

The game crashes every time I kill a zombie.

And probably also the server crashes, as I've had it crash on me when I was just opening inventory.

Also the server number miscount.

Yep game crashes when killing Zombies at least with melee weapons. And you can not log back in until the body or anyu other zombies near by have gone. Just insta-CTD if you try. Something got a little broken with the zombies in the patch it seems. 

Game CTD's after 30m of running. Very unstable atm, hopefully we get an update to fix the CTD's today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Heads up for anyone who didn't read Vehicles first implementation

"8. Crashes

Client crashes can happen, and will happen. Be aware that you can run the client with the option of -dologs to create crash dumps that can be attached to feedback issues. If you do encounter them please report and give us as much information as you can. "
Edited by SgtFlex
  • Like 1

Somebody reported the difficulty to :
1 - enter a vehicle
2 - On a straight road was driving and bam, sent flying doing barrels all over the place, only option, eject to actually get killed by it

because if they didn't have been already i'll fill a bug tracker

• Like 1

Further play reveals its kicking everyone at the exact same time at least within 2 k of each other maybe even server wide. As it stands unplayable 

Agreed Had 5 CTD's in the span of about 5-8 minutes..

Did however locate a vehicle and drove it just fine for all of about a minute then yep you guessed it CTD..Except this time my hands when in the air in frustration lmao....

Hopefully they will have this issue fixed fairly quickly.. They usually do with stuff like this

• Like 1

Yeah both my 1st person and 3rd/1st person characters cannot login anymore without crashing. I've tried both about 3-4 times now

Agreed Had 5 CTD's in the span of about 5-8 minutes..

Did however locate a vehicle and drove it just fine for all of about a minute then yep you guessed it CTD..Except this time my hands when in the air in frustration lmao....

Hopefully they will have this issue fixed fairly quickly.. They usually do with stuff like this

where did you find it if I may ask? like the original spawn area of it

Edited by Maia

I can't even get into a exp server atm.  I load into the server, then BAM.. DayZ CTD's.  Hopefully will be able to try again later and play.. Back to stable for now.  

Edited by Antykain

Game CTD's after 30m of running. Very unstable atm, hopefully we get an update to fix the CTD's today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Heads up for anyone who didn't read Vehicles first implementation

"8. Crashes

Client crashes can happen, and will happen. Be aware that you can run the client with the option of -dologs to create crash dumps that can be attached to feedback issues. If you do encounter them please report and give us as much information as you can. "

People didn't read the warning before they bought the game, don't read the warning when the game loads up and you expect them to notice that?   :lol:

• Like 5

Server browser seems to be bugged as well.. exp servers are showing 0/50 pop, when but there are actually ppl in them.  ? 

ops, someone above posted this as well.. :P

Edited by Antykain

Haha wow. Just got home and read what's going on. Won't be playing Exp. tonight :p

• Like 1

I have managed to find a Vs3 truck three times and i drove one around 2 minutes and it's beyond awesome,a little bit clunky the controls,but for the first iteration its impresive.Also i have to say that when you are near a vehicle or near someone driving a vehicle the game will crash for sure.In fact,my game crashed when i was near a vehicle and a few minutes later i tried to log in again,and at the moment the game was loading the truck,it crashed.I tried to log in again 3 times and the same result game crash.So be carefull,crashes are coming XD

Was there a character reset?

In my experience, experimental only kept characters a few times (2-3) between patches at the beginning. For the last 25+ exp patches though, there's always been character resets.

Yeah both my 1st person and 3rd/1st person characters cannot login anymore without crashing. I've tried both about 3-4 times now

where did you find it if I may ask? like the original spawn area of it

I came upon it just as you come into Elektro from the say the NE on the main road but.... It was running I think I couldnt tell the sound was being weird Not so sure this is the main spawn for it though sorry

Dang, and I got my knuckles lined up for nothing...

I hope my 3 CTD's and 1 no-load were a sufficient contribution to the developers' analysis. I'm done for now..

Dang, and I got my knuckles lined up for nothing...

I hope my 3 CTD's and 1 no-load were a sufficient contribution to the developers' analysis. I'm done for now..

Agreed!!!!  I think we have all done out part for the day lol... No sense in stressing ourselves out lol

I did notice however that alot of the disconnects were from battleEye not responding.. Not sure if that has anything to do with the crashes but there ya go

Edited by Masprotech
  • Like 1

I did notice however that alot of the disconnects were from battleEye not responding.. Not sure if that has anything to do with the crashes but there ya go

Afaik, the "client not responding" kick is just BE collecting the garbage of clients that crashed and did not log out from the server correctly due to that.

Meh, that was fun while it lasted but vehicles don't excite me enough to torture myself with CTD's.  Good luck folks  B)

• Like 1

Truck drove right by me and no crashing, but you can't kill zed with a melee weapon without a crash.

Spawned in and had another fresh spawn ask me to punch them out and CTD.