SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Ah first time playing this experimental build, First Life: Spawned just outside elektro, Thinking this shall be awesome, Meet some guy, seemed cool.. he told me to follow him for some food, so i did, because who doesn't want free stuff, right? well, we came to a little warehouse, he unlocked then locked it behind us, there was a guy waiting there, had a fire going, we talked, then one of them said have some food, looked into the fire to see "Raw human steak" *Alarm bells ringing*

After taking a some nibbles on this human steak, i was handcuffed, stripped and forced fed a guy named "Jimmy" I was then made to crawl onto the fire where my face melted as my whole body soon followed. i guess some poor bugger ate me too...

Second life: Spawned near the boat wreck near berezino, heard some voiced, decided to check i out, met some people, they also had a fire going, (Didn't get handcuffed either for once) We traveled quite far, killing a cow, some zombies, looting, all of a sudden "No message received" log back in, they were gone, they seemed like cool guys.. 

All this happened in roughly 4 hours+ and still haven't been shot on sight :D  

• Like 6

Ah first time playing this experimental build, First Life: Spawned just outside elektro, Thinking this shall be awesome, Meet some guy, seemed cool.. he told me to follow him for some food, so i did, because who doesn't want free stuff, right? well, we came to a little warehouse, he unlocked then locked it behind us, there was a guy waiting there, had a fire going, we talked, then one of them said have some food, looked into the fire to see "Raw human steak" *Alarm bells ringing*

After taking a some nibbles on this human steak, i was handcuffed, stripped and forced fed a guy named "Jimmy" I was then made to crawl onto the fire where my face melted as my whole body soon followed. i guess some poor bugger ate me too...

Second life: Spawned near the boat wreck near berezino, heard some voiced, decided to check i out, met some people, they also had a fire going, (Didn't get handcuffed either for once) We traveled quite far, killing a cow, some zombies, looting, all of a sudden "No message received" log back in, they were gone, they seemed like cool guys.. 

I love the cannibalism aspect of this update lol

Just remember, El Psy Congroo!

Personally I had a great time in experimental and encountered lots of interesting fellas. Pretty stable build too! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

As I have a poor pc most of the times when I join a game, and I happen to be in a building, it shows invisible walls for me until it loads everything ... and what I've noticed from those few seconds there's so much loot under the buildings, it's crazy. 

• Like 1

loot respawn glitch is still happening just in smaller numbers in northern cities

I.e. i went to vybor on US southeastl 0-5 and there were sporter 22's and crossbows everyhere

Edited by DURRHUNTER

For me experimental feels a little laggy and unresponsive - especially when fighting zombies. This effect seems to be more pronounced on full servers. Graphic effects seem fine though.

There's only one DE 0.51 exp 3rd person server at the moment and it says connecting failed everytime I try to join, hmm I'll try back later then.

There's only one DE 0.51 exp 3rd person server at the moment and it says connecting failed everytime I try to join, hmm I'll try back later then.

I went to play on a DE 3pp server with a buddy and it loaded up my 1pp character.

The whole crying thing is nerve wracking when its pitch black, you are alone in the riffy boat and you hear sobs

• Like 1

Wow... I can't even... wow lol

The whole crying thing is nerve wracking when its pitch black, you are alone in the riffy boat and you hear sobs

There's a crying ambient sound now?  :o

There's a crying ambient sound now?  :o

I´m not totally sure, but he might be referring to a survivor having eaten raw human meat and suffering from Kuru, This then leads to sporadic laughing or crying attacks every ten or so minutes, which he might have overheard, while he was inside the Rify wreck. 

I might be wrong, though. 

Wish they bring back DE 3rd person servers as my fully geared character is there...

I´m not totally sure, but he might be referring to a survivor having eaten raw human meat and suffering from Kuru, This then leads to sporadic laughing or crying attacks every ten or so minutes, which he might have overheard, while he was inside the Rify wreck. 

I might be wrong, though. 

Yes the new crying brought on from eating other people

Meaning, that some mothertruckin cannible was somewhere in riffy with me, the server inevitably crashed/rebooted before we found each other.

• Like 1

Well after several hours playing/testing today, loot is spawning funky.  It's not in the huge masses like on stable but it's still doing certain areas only.  This is US east 02 1pp.  Svetlo, completely void of anything, Novo, completely empty, and Severo had loot explosion....... of useless junk.  Maybe this is how it's suppose to be but two large cities empty?  Possibly?

Well after several hours playing/testing today, loot is spawning funky.  It's not in the huge masses like on stable but it's still doing certain areas only.  This is US east 02 1pp.  Svetlo, completely void of anything, Novo, completely empty, and Severo had loot explosion....... of useless junk.  Maybe this is how it's suppose to be but two large cities empty?  Possibly?

It's like that because people are constantly looting certain common areas. I've been in towns people usually don't go to and found hoards of loot. Though EXP is almost impossible to play on because half the 1st and 3rd person servers are broken so loot wouldn't be so weird.

Also people complaining about the lag on full servers. Ever check the ping on most of the players? Almost 80% of the US EXP is 200+ ping. Too many high pingers can lag the server out. I actually lost a mosin I found with ammo because the server lagged out completely.

Edited by DarkBullet

Pretty sure there is a hacker on the server i was on... just running through the country side and heard the sound of a melee hitting a zombie/human and i was insta killed, all while sprinting at full speed

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Pretty sure there is a hacker on the server i was on... just running through the country side and heard the sound of a melee hitting a zombie/human and i was insta killed, all while sprinting at full speed

On experimental? RIP hacker.

What's up with zombie damage this build, I ran into a zed and took 2 hits which ruined my top and everything in it, my hat and hurt my leg, then got D/C'd after joining back later I heard a zed outside the shed I spawned in, it lagged and was standing still on my screen, 2 seconds later I hear 2 hit noises and am dead.

Tried to find Tisy military base and it didnt work out so well, im dying of dehydration at the moment.

Is it just me, or there are more zombies on the cities/villagies now?

I spawned like, 4 times on a coast, tried to stealth through a city to find shelter from the rain, and every time i found 3, 4 zombies like "guarding" some of the houses, but since they can spot you from afar it was pretty useless to walk while crouched....

I don't mind the number of zombies getting higher, but since they are bugged it's kinda of annoying, since they beat me from distance or pass trough the walls...

This is a image i tried to capture after i gave up running....There are 4 zombies....two in the middle....But i trapped another 2 in the yellow house.

http://imgur.com/bYvAg4J

I'm finding that the looting experience this patch is terrible. All there seems to be is wrenches, pliers, gas stoves and assortments of old hats and taloon backpacks everywhere. Just got done with a lengthy playthrough that started in Three Valleys. I immediate ran to the interior of the map and hit up Msta where I found one of those food stand buildings that had the loot-splosion thing going on and got pretty much an entire basic kit (melee + pants and shirt replacement + backpack + food) from there and the shed next to it. But after that: pretty much nothing. Running to Staryoe to Novy to Stary to VMC to looting the entire NWAF + tents all I found was a crossbow and a few bolts that was useful. Found plenty of food everywhere and lots of .380 ammo for guns I'd never find. Frustrating to say the least. I know things are supposed to be scarce but running through all those town to find wrenches and rusty shovels and not much else makes the game not fun. Hopefully they tweak the loot economy system to help with all that.

Player interactions are still tense as always. For some reason as I was about to leave Msta I saw another player and tried to talk to him. He ran away then I say two more players on the road; one of which axed the other in the head. I decided to run and as I was running off I saw another person at the water pump. I was surprised to see 5 people in a town I've probably never seen anyone in before. The only other person I saw was at the NWAF tents. He rushed me and I ran off and took a long flank around to the north of the tents to get the jump on him and then the server went down. Sigh.

• Like 1

It's like that because people are constantly looting certain common areas. I've been in towns people usually don't go to and found hoards of loot. Though EXP is almost impossible to play on because half the 1st and 3rd person servers are broken so loot wouldn't be so weird.

This. I respawned near Kamyshovo and every single building was empty...except for all the houses on the dirt road near the police station: that road goes to Tulga, a boring little town no-one ever visit. I counted on that, and in fact the houses, pub and the barn on the road had some canned food and a couple of long sleeved shirts. Tulga itself had some interesting loot. Nothing exceptional, but better than nothing.

Things experimental teached me:

1) useful loot seem to spawn less frequently than stable

2) players are lazy and loot sistematically the same places

3) players are very habitudinary and go sistematically in the same places following the same roads

4) players don't scout/search building or areas unless internet assures them there's loot in there

Considering this...avoid like hell popular places, and the chances of finding something useful increase. There's never a 100% guarantee of finding good stuff in usually  neglected places, but it's better than joining the lemming horde and scavenging Berezino or Elektro hoping for the best.

Edited by DocWolf

Is it just me, or there are more zombies on the cities/villagies now?

I spawned like, 4 times on a coast, tried to stealth through a city to find shelter from the rain, and every time i found 3, 4 zombies like "guarding" some of the houses, but since they can spot you from afar it was pretty useless to walk while crouched....

I don't mind the number of zombies getting higher, but since they are bugged it's kinda of annoying, since they beat me from distance or pass trough the walls...

This is a image i tried to capture after i gave up running....There are 4 zombies....two in the middle....But i trapped another 2 in the yellow house.

http://imgur.com/bYvAg4J

I noticed the exact opposite: less infected NPCs around (they're not zombies AFAIK). I was able to scout Kamyshovo, Tulga, the Rog and Msta without seeing any of our drooling friends. Maybe it's this night setting...I play only during the evenings, so servers are night-time only with this patch. Maybe I can't see them and they can't see me. However: high concentration of infected people in the same area could happen if some player aggro them and/or shoot at them (it seems to make them respawn closer to the shooter) and then log off or shake them off.

Every time I've seen mobs of infected it was due to player activity.