SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.50 Discussion

Hi all,

Just a quick ask please I cannot configure the W button to run by ( w x 2) have had it like this for years  it is now stuck to the shift key for me its very uncomfortable due to having op on my little finger.

Apart from that its running well thanks

Anyone tried out the knuckle dusters?

I used them in exp but they didn't seem to do any more damage than fists.

I want to return the favour to the Zeds and Mike Tyson a couple of them.

Quite sure the placement of this shovel is new (never noticed it till now anyway :P) - I really like the "flavor" that this type of spawn gives the game, its a small touch but adds a lot to immersion! Hope to see more of this sort of thing be applied to other spawn locations (if it hasn't been done already).

It's not. Been like that for quite a few patches now.

They deal a considerable amount of more damage than bare knuckles, that's for sure. Yet it takes like 2 or 3 hits to the head to kill a zed

Edited by EpeeNoire
  • Like 1

Confirming the pump thing. Cannot drink from or fill any containers at water pumps.

Love the new town in the NW, working my way east to the new town on the NE coast.

What is up with pants? If some thing is inside while not in inventory I can't pick them up but if I place them in my bag I can add stuff to them, with the odd exception of med kits, which will go into shirts but want to trade places with pants every time.

Fire seems to have been discovered early in this thread. Adding a new troll to my ignore list.

Edited by Barnabus

Had a guy on a private shard ask me to kill him so he could get a new spawn point. I used the brass knuckles and he was down in three with no pulse.

• Like 1

1) Presistence still not working corectly, if presistance is ON loot is always the same .... eaven if you pick it up

2) Every loot is "Pristine"

3) You are "Hot" eaven if its raining, so you rly dont need to wear any jackets or stuff on your chest...

4) After 10m or less of running you will sudenly lose your shoes >.<

5) Chances that your character will restart after reloging is like 80%, it happend to me and few of my m8's 10 times in less then 12h 

6) You cant drink from pipes (fountains) however you will call it

Edited by HrkiGV

They deal a considerable amount of more damage than bare knuckles, that's for sure. Yet it takes like 2 or 3 hits to the head to kill a zed

Thanks for the reply but there was no need to Report me!!

• Like 1

It seems weirdly fluctuating. Right now I've ran from Novo to Elektro and the hydration was still light green.

Also, the boots; found myself a new pair of pristine military boots, played for a couple of hours with some friends where we just ran around visiting the new locations and finding people, and they haven't gone from pristine to worn yet.

It's not fluctuating at all. Calories/water consumption are influenced by characters' moving speed, ground type and elevation, body and environment temperature, path chosen. Sprint uphill on uneven ground while you're cold and wet during a windy storm and you'll consume water/calories faster. Sprint on a flat paved road near the coast while you're healthy and you'll consume less water/calories.

Same thing for shoes degradation: sprint or run often on uneven ground and footwear will degrade more quickly - low/normal hiking boots, working boots, military footwear and such probably are an exception. Run on paved/dirt roads and they will degrade slowly.

Edited by DocWolf

3) You are "Hot" eaven if its raining, so you rly dont need to wear any jackets or stuff on your chest...

-> I had a Gorka jacket on and was sprinting around on a sunny day, what resulted in getting hot, which is good. After I took off the jacket, I was cooling down. I still had a helmet, balaclava, vest, ttsko pants, gloves and shoes on, yet I cooled down. I think this is as it should be.

4) After 10m or less of running you will sudenly lose your shoes >.<

-> Didn't happen to me.

5) Chances that your character will restart after reloging is like 80%, it happend to me and few of my m8's 10 times in less then 12h 

-> I relogged around five or six times yesterday. no newspawn for me. Maybe I'm just lucky ^^

Edited by Ultimoose

Are you sure you're joining standard/public servers? I kept jumping on to various servers last night and would spawn as a new spawn on a lot of them until I found a standard server to get my normal char.

Only issue I found was drinking from bottles/canteen. If I "drank all" then the bottle would stay in my hand and I'd have to cancel action after waiting a while, and it would have the same amount of water in. Then when I selected "drink", the canteen was then completely empty afterwards.

• Like 1

Amount of water we need to drink to keep hydrated and keep body temperature low is insane, combined with wells being broken, can't drink from them and can't fill bottles. You guy better jump on hotfix train. 

Edited by General Zod

I'd been away for a long time, came back towards the end of .49, and after the update melee has been horrifying. I've played on several servers, ranging from 20 to 98 ping, and the zombies are all hitting me from 15ft away and I can't seem to hit them. Is there something different about the way melee interp works than it did in the past or something?

Basically I've been dead within my first few encounters when I didn't have a fire axe, and even then I'm not able to connect hit reliably enough to get away unscathed like I used to.

Well maybe your ping was fluctuating?

I joined a server where I had about 40 ping and for the first time...ever I can say melee worked half decently. Many times a zombie was coming at me and I was able to headshot it, in third person.

Seemed to actually hit where it was swinging and zombies actually had to hit me not just jump near me.

Is it just the server I was on or is it raining ALL the time for anyone else? It's a bit ridiculous it doesn't even rain that much in the UK in autumn...

Seriously of the 3 hours or so I played it rained about 2 and a half of those hours, not even exaggerating.

It would go off for like 30 seconds and then start again, if it stays like this it's going to be a right cunt to stay dry when it's not a loot party it's not a problem for me since I found waterproof gear in minutes but as servers with persistence stay on...that's going to be a huge problem.

At most I seen it stop raining for about 5 minutes otherwise it rained between 20 minutes and nearly an hour, to my estimates. Looks like we're all going to freeze to death when we die and don't get the loot party to save us.

Can only imagine how hard it will be for new players in winter...

.At most I seen it stop raining for about 5 minutes otherwise it rained between 20 minutes and nearly an hour, to my estimates. Looks like we're all going to freeze to death when we die and don't get the loot party to save us.

Can only imagine how hard it will be for new players in winter...

Because it rains too much. 

character reset on server restart confirmed! :) quick relog to other server wont bring it back. Be carefull chosing a server to play - u need to log off 5 minutes before server restart to save ur progress. cheers!

Edited by AgainstAllAutority

character reset on server restart confirmed! :) quick relog to other server wont bring it back. Be carefull chosing a server to play - u need to log off 5 minutes before server restart to save ur progress. cheers!

As in when you are there when it restarts or when you join freshly restarted server ? Because I got caught by restart yesterday and still got my gear. 

GOOD UPDATE! VERY GOOD!

Only things that i noticed by the way:

-FPS drop is increased, now getting inside towns it's way more lagging....as every patch has been released. So please Devs next time you must focus very well on game performance because as much things you are going to add as much the FPS will drop and people will not move to high density areas....Just try to go to Polana, that is neither a small or big town, and you will understand what do i mean (and it's not a populated town).

...And I really have a good computer, and still having the message "Out of Memory" and blink out to Windows. I'm not crashing but i'm still having this annoying senseless bug on windows 7 64 bit system over 8 GB RAMS ...( 64 bit windows 7 can't take 16 gb because will run worse).

-Zeds sounds over distance while aggro are good....But i don't know why most of the times ( Often ) If i'm getting aggro from the left i hear the sound from the right or viceversa. I'm turning to the wrong direction to get ready for the zombie, but then i realize he's coming from the opposite way.

Edited by GunnyITA

( 64 bit windows 7 can't take 16 gb because will run worse).

What ?

...And I really have a good computer, and still having the message "Out of Memory" and blink out to Windows. I'm not crashing but i'm still having this annoying senseless bug on windows 7 64 bit system over 8 GB RAMS ...( 64 bit windows 7 can't take 16 gb because will run worse).

8 GB of RAM is more than enough for DayZ alone. I have 8 GB RAM and no page file, never had problems with memory while playing DayZ. Try to reinstall your Windows OS, you have some other problems.

8 GB of RAM is more than enough for DayZ alone. I have 8 GB RAM and no page file, never had problems with memory while playing DayZ. Try to reinstall your Windows OS, you have some other problems.

i don't think that is worth to format a pc for a game that is still on alpha with lot of problems

What ?

A my friend told me that and i hardly beleive it too..

i don't think that is worth to format a pc for a game that is still on alpha with lot of problems

Yeah right, but your PC has a lot of problems too, just saying...

Atm DayZ is a 32 Bit process and uses max ~2GB RAM. This will change after it is compiled as a native 64 Bit assembly. The only problem I have is, DayZ acually uses 2 GB RAM due to a memory leak. Gameplay tends to get a bit wonky if after 10 minutes if system dialogs pop up and ask you to close programs... ;)

Edit: I only see this dialog because I disabled pagefile usage. With pagefile enabled it would showel everything there and slow down the system over the next 30 minutes or so...

Edited by Agilov
  • Like 1