Mookie (original)

Hopes for 0.50 stable

Nope. I mean I'd just like bipods to spawn again (they haven't at all in 0.49 as far as I'm aware) so that we AK and M4 users can try to pathetically snipe with our weenie guns.

Sorry, then I misunderstood you ;)

Is your tent staying up?

it does :D

YAY time for tha R91

You mean the plane-carrier?

Update has been cancelled?!

via twitter:

Unfortunately, 0.50 Patch is pushed back to a Later Date (Last Minute Crash Issues). Please, be patient guys

Hm.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and, well...

Edited by irishroy

I'm really hoping that melee combat bugs will be fixed. I've found myself swinging 20 to 30 times at essentially non-moving, standing targets (ultimately hovering my cursor over all sections of the abdomen and head), both human and zombie, and landing no "hits." I've experienced this, on and off, with virtually all available melee weapons. It's not a constant issue, but it's frequent enough that it makes melee a totally unreliable option). It turns the game into a running and door-closing simulator, until the point when I have and am able to safetly shoot a firearm (which puts them down pretty reliably).

You do not understand the purpose of experimental branch and you did not read/comprehend the rest of this thread.

Nice try. I am aware "purpose of exp". Sometimes unreal stuff passing from exp to stable and i had hope in this case there not end like that. I hope you keep up.

I keep up just fine, thanks.

It was mentioned and discussed before you posted about it (shoe degradation).

Your post completely disregarded the outcome of that conversation.

Therefore, "....you did not read/comprehend the rest of this thread." AND made it sound like you did not understand how experimental worked.

Maybe you don't realize your own wording in that first post.

Edited by BioHaze

I never played the experimental branch.  But it sounds like it makes the game harder.  Which is great news.  

It's no hard mode of the game though. It's just the place where the devs test their builds with a large ammount of players to iron out issues they don't catch internally. If you think you can handle frequent client crashes, server crashes, mechanics being ridiculously exaggerated due to testing or the responsability to report any bug you find rather than complain about it, feel free to join. Oh, and don't think about gearing up. New character on every new build mostly.

The focus on the game is just very different from the stable branch, and i personally love it.

You think our stable chars will be wiped once it's pushed?

No, this would have been announced by the devs, and there is no actual reason for a wipe now.

It's no hard mode of the game though. It's just the place where the devs test their builds with a large ammount of players to iron out issues they don't catch internally. If you think you can handle frequent client crashes, server crashes, mechanics being ridiculously exaggerated due to testing or the responsability to report any bug you find rather than complain about it, feel free to join. Oh, and don't think about gearing up. New character on every new build mostly.

The focus on the game is just very different from the stable branch, and i personally love it.

I agree.  I go back and forth at times but the nice thing about the exp branch is I expect my toon to perish quickly. 

But when we are all playing an alpha anyway, it seems weird to have the alpha-alpha.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

Playing 0.50 is not exactly "good", believe me. Sometimes it's far from being funny, sometimes it's downright annoying...but it's way better than easymode 0.49, or cheap military sim 0.48. 0.50 is not the solution at the current "ArmA with zombies" problem: it's just a step towards a proper "survival" game, even if the developers overreached with this one and tried too hard to make life in Chernarus miserable. I hope 0.51 and all following versions of the game will be progressively better (and more balanced).

ya i completely agree with this. it's headed the right direction, more towards sim survival and more away from easy mode arma with zombies is the way to go . if you want big military guns and just unloading on people, just go play arma

.50 is the opposite of .49... It marks the first time I've ever had to pick apples just to survive. I imagine it'll be quite a shock for those who don't play experimental. Those who have geared up and stocked up on food and drink should be alright, but those who are just running around with a backpack full of guns and ammunition are going to get a very nasty surprise when they die from starvation, thirst or hypothermia :P

Not really, they will just use that back pack full of guns and ammo to kill people who's back packs are filled with just food because they couldn't find a gun :)   The game needed to be made more difficult but .50 took it a step too far.  Well honestly we really can't tell because loot respawn is, well saying it is broken would actually be an insult to "broken" features...

Come back in beta, sorry.

Do you know something I don't? What's the plan?

Do you know something I don't? What's the plan?

There's no real plan. This game is in alpha, which means they constantly add new stuff to the code, which naturally creates new loopholes. The DayZ hacking community unfortunately is very active ( google for them, i did once or twice and it made me really sad to see this much effort in fucking up a game ). All the devs can do is to fix loopholes faster than they can be exploitet, and they have an entire team only assigned for that very task. Rocket once said anti cheating measurements already took away one month of actual development time. So it's an armes race, really.

The break even point will be in beta, when there are no major additions to the code anymore and the devs can focus on fixing the remaining problems, until none is left.

So there is no such thing as "fix hacking". Its "fix hack X, then hack Y, then hack Z" and while you do that you should find out about hack A again. According to Eugen, X/Y teleporting should be fixed, same for explosion spamming. But despite them doing an awesome job at fighting this shit, there will be a new one right around the corner just by tomorrow. So the casual player that doesn't keep up with the development of the game only goes like "hacking still a problem, fack this shit!"

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Hopes for patch : Getting the servers to stay up more than 30minutes and fixing gun firing sounds that you can hear someone shooting 2 meters away from you, anything other is just plus