Mookie (original)

Hopes for 0.50 stable

I'm not going to talk about security issues. But to be very prosaic:

1. Can we have our bipods back? Please? Pleeeeeease?

2. Developments on persistence? Appreciate how complicated this is in terms of server management, etc, though

3. Heli crashes. Can we either take out the Mi-8s and go back to three UH60s per restart, or have proper Mi-8 loot please.

4. I'm all for the footwear "feature". But let's not go nuts please. Also, it's great that duct tape will finally have some uses, including holding your boots together. Loot duct tape now people.

Thank you, that is all.

• Like 1

bipods?

you mean bipod for the Mosin?

it got removed, and the DEVs did this intentionally. They want to make the Mosin more of a beginner-med-long-range bolt-action-rifle, not THE go-to-sniperrifle.

(Also the DEVs want to decrease and limit the long-range-Kill-On-Sight, which is made veery easy with a bipodded Mosin with LRS + comp.

Btw, the Mosin is still pretty accurate alone, and with Comp. even better.

I, personally, am just waiting for the lever-action-rifle. Got mah tent up inna woods, store the AKM, some Cowboy-clothes and lots of .357 in it and travel arounc Chernarus, pretending to be Clint Eastwood in a Zombie-Apocalypse and shit.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 13

Screw bipods what we need is gun sound back when shooting!

Edited by VanValdenburg
  • Like 13

I hope for world peace and a cure for the zombie plague.

I also hope for forgiveness for my sins and those who's souls I've cleansed from this wasteland.

• Like 2

I'm hoping to survive longer than 30 minutes!

• Like 1

Hoping .50 STABLE includes:

Fixes for server DC and restart loop issues.

Loot respawn working to some degree.

Gun drop bug fix.

(These are present in the recent experimental builds.)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

bipods?

it got removed, and the DEVs did this intentionally. They want to make the Mosin more of a beginner-med-long-range bolt-action-rifle, not THE go-to-sniperrifle.

(Also the DEVs want to decrease and limit the long-range-Kill-On-Sight, which is made veery easy with a bipodded Mosin with LRS + comp.

Nope. I mean I'd just like bipods to spawn again (they haven't at all in 0.49 as far as I'm aware) so that we AK and M4 users can try to pathetically snipe with our weenie guns.

bipods?

Btw, the Mosin is still pretty accurate alone, and with Comp. even better.

I, personally, am just waiting for the lever-action-rifle. Got mah tent up inna woods, store the AKM, some Cowboy-clothes and lots of .357 in it and travel arounc Chernarus, pretending to be Clint Eastwood in a Zombie-Apocalypse and shit.

The mosin should have never had a bipod; however they were able to be used by the AK's and m4's.  They no longer are in the game, so he wants them back.  This would basically mean we don't have to double carry our AR's with a mosin on our back to snipe. 

Although I did kill someone from 650 with an m4 acog no bi-pod!

I just want a single vehicle so I can get my friends to play again (yeah, they are pretty lame like that).

I assume it def. won't happen in this patch due to lack of discussion about it appearing in experimental, so hooopefully it will come next patch. B)

• Like 2

Working gunshot audio, far fewer server crashes, and reasonable Footwear degradation, and I'm happy.

I played the .50 Exp a ton before those constant server restarts drive me back to Stable, but it was pretty awesome, otherwise.

I just hope Battle eye finally does it's job.  That would be a nice change.  You should have seen the silliness that erupted on a multiplay server last Friday... and every one of the players who experienced it as well said the same thing when I interviewed their new toons that ran by after fresh spawn.

A few more tent spawn locations and persistence on all servers would be good if we could see what server we're on when we are on it so I know where I'm stashing my gear. :)

Tomato plants? Just to try it.

Edited by CANUCKinNZ
  • Like 2

I always camp one spot for hours anyway, I don't need no shoes or anything.

Quote of the week

Currently IMO the game is much too easy regarding finding food and water. Since you can hunt (which seems to be the best way to Keep yourself stuffed as it is causing "energized" + "hydrated") I do not even loot beans and things like that. Whenever I respawn I can get the Basic equipment to be able to go hunting in ~ 1h playtime.

So currently it is to casual IMO and has not soooo much to do with an appocalyptic game. If you can go in each house or supermarket find almost everywhere Food, Drinks, and so on... I don't know. I would like to see less often spawn of Basics and make it harder to survive.  Currently it is just: Spawn -> get a weapon -> PVP ...

Also I would like too see the wipes to be gone as well as random Server restarts.

But the MOST important Point is to finally do something against all those hackers. They just really ruin the game currently...

Edited by exec85

Currently IMO the game is much too easy regarding finding food and water. Since you can hunt (which seems to be the best way to Keep yourself stuffed as it is causing "energized" + "hydrated") I do not even loot beans and things like that. Whenever I respawn I can get the Basic equipment to be able to go hunting in ~ 1h playtime.

Oh you are in for a surprise then ;)

YAY time for tha R91

Edited by Helix2000

So currently it is to casual IMO and has not soooo much to do with an appocalyptic game. If you can go in each house or supermarket find almost everywhere Food, Drinks, and so on... I don't know. I would like to see less often spawn of Basics and make it harder to survive.  Currently it is just: Spawn -> get a weapon -> PVP ...

Also I would like too see the wipes to be gone as well as random Server restarts.

But the MOST important Point is to finally do something against all those hackers. They just really ruin the game currently...

When 0.50 will roll on stable there will be much weeping, ragequit and gnashing of teeth. People will complain about inclement weather, absurd temperature drops, unrealistic hunger and thirst, senseless item degradation, scarce loot and such. But there will be "survival" in this game, oh yes, there will be. Less "yay I've got two round mags!" and more "oh God please I need a raincoat and a pair of shoes".

Brace for impact, the military kiddos are going to throw a tantrum.

• Like 3

Im hopping stable includes a more stable pair of shoes that i can run on that wont get destroyed in under 10 minutes....... xD

• Like 2

When 0.50 will roll on stable there will be much weeping, ragequit and gnashing of teeth. People will complain about inclement weather, absurd temperature drops, unrealistic hunger and thirst, senseless item degradation, scarce loot and such. But there will be "survival" in this game, oh yes, there will be. Less "yay I've got two round mags!" and more "oh God please I need a raincoat and a pair of shoes".

Brace for impact, the military kiddos are going to throw a tantrum.

Sounds good to me! :-D

BTW u got a link to changes? I didn't find a good overview so far and did not Play experimental also.

Sounds good to me! :-D

BTW u got a link to changes? I didn't find a good overview so far and did not Play experimental also.

Reddit is the place to go for the unofficlal changelogs ( as there are no official ones )

Exp 0.50/1 http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2i0txm/unofficial_050_110_changelog/

Exp 0.50/2 http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2iom32/unofficial_changelog_050_0810/

Exp 0.50/3 http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2jbr9b/unofficialexperimental_changelog_050_1510/

Exp 0.50/4 http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2k06xw/unofficialexperimental_changelog_050125257/

• Like 1

People who mention shoe degradation obviously do not understand the purpose of the experimental branch.

Reading comprehension was bad before short form messaging popularity (text/instant messaging) and has only become far worse.

:facepalm:

• Like 1