Sign in to follow this  
ChainReactor

Why you should NOT post topics about hacking

Dear forum,

every week, there are numerous threads about hackers, hacking in general, and players being killed by a hacker that the forum staff has to deal with. Along with that come threads and posts of users who are angry that their post / thread got hidden or moved to the graveyard. Please guys, try to understand that this is pointless!

Let me tell you why.

Why was my thread moved to the graveyard?

The purpose of a forum is to discuss things. There is no need to discuss hackers. They are there, but the problem will not be solved because the community talks about it over houndreds of pages. This actually gives hackers the attention they are looking for. You don't solve the problem by complaining here, no, you give them justification and motivation to go on.

But what if i think i've whitnessed a hack?

Report it to the staff. PM Boneboys or the Moderators. They are in contact with the ones in charge and can submit evidence to people who actually can take care of hacks.

Yeah but maybe i found a new exploit ?

Valid point. You should totally discuss it here publicly, where everyone can read it, everyone but the one's that abuse the exploits, right ? Again, contact the forum's staff. Making a new exploit public here will make people use it ! Do it sneaky, report it.

I just want to blow off, cheaters have been there since the mod and nothing has changed!

Fighting cheaters in an online game is an arms race. They always try to stay one step ahead of the devs. BI does what they can in patching loopholes and work together with BattlEye and VAC. There are just no details because that would give hackers an advantage. The devs have a team hired soley for the purpose to find, reverse-engineer and fight hacks. However, this game is under active development and loopholes will come with every new thing the dev's will add. And even if you try to be the withe knight that rushes here to report a new loophole, always keep in mind you publish it to both the devs AND the hackers by doing so.

So how can i help?

Get irrefutable proof of hacks. Screenshots or videos. Then send it to the forums staff. File a feedbacktracker ticket and describe the situation as precise as you can do. Give the devs input they can work with. Hint: OMG got killed again insta death omg fu hax0rs isn't helpful. Reminder: The devs need to know what happened under what circumstances. They need to reproduce the situation so they can try to reproduce the problem in order to find the loophole from where the hack comes into the game.

But I see hackers everywhere!

Calm down in first place. Players tend to yell "HACKS!" for many inexplicable deaths. Remember, this game in its current state has also problems with desync, server performance, gunshots that noone can hear and so on. Not every death you can't explain is hacking. What sometimes appears to be speedhacking / teleporting is often the server struggeling to update the position of the players in your vincinity. Hacking ain't hacking unless you have a solid proof for it. Bugs however, even fatal one's, are part of an early access game.

If you suddendly get naked or a player is levitating 10 feet above you, axing you to death, you might have a reason to come here though.

Conclusion, smartass?

Yeah. Dont come to the public forum and make hacks a topic. It's not helpful ( since the community can't do anything about it and the dev's are aware of it ), it's much rather counterproductive. Don't give hackers a stage where they can celebrate their win and let the developers do their security business alone where noone watches them just to undermine their efforts.

Finally, let me quote rocket about this topic:

Perhaps was a bit buried in my post, but I made it very clear hacking is beyond a priority for the dev team. It is the number one issue of focus when it comes up.

But, I must caution, it is almost useless to come on reddit and moan about it. Not only can that give hackers the satisfaction that may motivate them - but it achieves no value in solving the issue. We already have dedicated, fulltime staff to research. And the architecture team prioritize security over everything other than absolute blockers. The schedule is already delayed by over a month due to previous efforts after the source leak.

There is no point in discussing hacks in public other than giving hackers what they want. Fighting hackers did cost us already over a month development time. So help the game and do it right!

be nice to me, Mods.

Chain

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 19

The irony is, as much as I agree with you, this thread will become like all the rest: A shitstorm of flame. 

inb4 lock

• Like 1

Must...not...troll...can't...avoid...making...deepthroat...comment.  

It's a valid post but...come on.

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

People who post about hacking here are usually newbies or lurking around and don't read these threads so it is totally waste of time.

Going to say it before anybody else does, not really any need to post this? But, my opinion. I know feel I have lit the match of the flame....

I like the message you're trying to convey, but it's already been conveyed and I see this getting merged into the hacking status thread. Maybe some of your thoughts could go into the parent post of the hacking status thread, I could see that providing value.

In the mean time, this is the only hacking I'd like to discuss - when are chainsaws getting added and when can we harvest sticks in such a manner? Rope + Chainsaw = Hacking Awesome.

1309515865_trimming_the_bushes_with_a_ch

• Like 2

All I have to say on the matter is;

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the hackers gonna hack, hack, hack, hack, hack
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

Thank you for your time.

As much as informative this post is, it will most likely fly over their heads or choose not to listen

718589.gif

All i will say is wow dude.....

And you know why...

This everything inside the game word has a number,from damage to walk speed to running to even swinging your axe........

Everything.....

Now if you had a program that watched that and solely that those numbers do you believe that hackers would be doing what they have done inside this game and the mod for ages?

Even hiding inside buildings?

There is a program that does this very thing......

Its called GameBlocks and is being used in bf4 very effectively....

To the point where is near useless to hack inside the game...

Ask any person who knows about the numbers inside a game world they will tell you the very same thing so its not about the hackers per say.....

its about what they cant do..

Thank you for the support you have shown by making this Topic.

When I posted..........

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

The intent was to turn something negative into a positive proposition, the results of which are very encouraging to date.

We have received reports and information giving details that have allowed us to gather enough information concerning certain hacks/hackers/hacker groups that have resulted in action being taken.

The people who send in this type of information are trying to help, this includes some that have joined the Forums only to make contact with Forum Staff without ever making a Topic or Post !

While we understand that for some, getting your character hacked and that rage is justified, making a post on the Forums does not help the situation in any way and gives a false impression of the actual situation.

Then there are those those that only post to create scandal and/or insult the Development team and Associates, some just to boost YT views.

This will not be tolerated under any circumstances, I ask our regular Members to Report such Topics/Posts/Members.

• Like 5