dgeesio

vehicles in for christmas ? beta?

well how are we on vehicles ? is the beta still on track for december ?

as i understand and was said the beta would start around christmas/december time. if the beta is starting around december that means the core gameplay is in (vehicles)

how is this progressing ? is Dayz beta and vehicles still on time for December ?.

That might be good, but you should address your question to the persons whom know about this and they have better things to do to hit their deadlines.

is Dayz beta and vehicles still on time for December ?.

Probably not because both at the same time does not make sense. Vehicles are one of the game concepts that is better added within Alpha (at least the basic system) so we might see vehicles some time before entering Beta. Because Beta should only start with all the core concepts and mechanics in place. At least planned - there may be issues that require rewworking during Beta but thats something that should be avoided as far as possible to concentrate on tweaking, balancing, dynamics and getting good parameters.

I think we might see vehicles this year but Beta will probably start in 2015.

• Like 1

I thought they haven't even finished reworking the game engine? And then after that comes optimisation. And then beta. 

Because Beta should only start with all the core concepts and mechanics in place. 

This right here.

So i doubt Beta will be this year and hope it's still quite awhile off.

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 1

Beta?  THIS year?  I like this game and I don't want to bash the devs or anything, but don't make me laugh.  You have a better chance fist fighting 10 zombies.

I expect first vehicle model be put on 50 patch.

0.50 is on experimental for quite some time now. No, no vehicles.

beta was destined for chritmas time. it has been said many times. also  when rocket was stpposed to be going. it would be interesting to see what is instore for december.

things are coming together slowly now. which is nice to say after such a slow start.

"Feature complete by the end of the year" is something I've read.

I think it was in July, and the man Rocket said he was "extremely confident" about it. So take that as you wish.

well how are we on vehicles ? is the beta still on track for december ?

as i understand and was said the beta would start around christmas/december time. if the beta is starting around december that means the core gameplay is in (vehicles)

how is this progressing ? is Dayz beta and vehicles still on time for December ?.

I could care less if they ever come to be honest. Because once they pop up roads are not going to be that pleasant to travel on. I mean unless the person is just terrible at driving and runs the damn thing into the ocean trying to make it into a submarine or something.

Cant see them being in for x-mas/end of the year with the way the current development has been going spring at the earliest for me .

To quote Eugen:

Vehicles are going to be done in new script . As we are moving away from sqf. Physics seems to be working, assets are somewhat done. One vehicle by end of the year maybe? But no promises.

• Like 1

I seen a few posts from some of the DEVs  saying that due to the "security" of dayZ (working on better hack detection and finding the hacks already out there) has put them a month or 2 behind so on that alone I'm going to assume that Beta is not going to be here by December and vehicles won't come before that, not to mention we're still waiting on barricading.

My prediction (That's all any of us have right now) is we'll get vehicles within the first few months of the new year and Beta will follow soon after.

Also, we don't need vehicles any sooner than needed, I mean get them as bug free as possible before letting us have them so take as long as they need. (same goes for any new implementation of new stuff)

Edited by RagedDrew

I could care less if they ever come to be honest. Because once they pop up roads are not going to be that pleasant to travel on. I mean unless the person is just terrible at driving and runs the damn thing into the ocean trying to make it into a submarine or something.

That's assuming that they're as common as implied by your comment.  I would assume that only at first, just to test the mechanics and for big bugs and such, would vehicles be common...Maybe not even then.  Even if that was the case, after the first patch they'd be gone lol.  Look at the M4, it was introduced everywhere at first, now you'll be lucky to find one in 15 heli crashes.  I'm just throwing ideas out there, I have no idea what their intentions are.

That's assuming that they're as common as implied by your comment.  I would assume that only at first, just to test the mechanics and for big bugs and such, would vehicles be common...Maybe not even then.  Even if that was the case, after the first patch they'd be gone lol.  Look at the M4, it was introduced everywhere at first, now you'll be lucky to find one in 15 heli crashes.  I'm just throwing ideas out there, I have no idea what their intentions are.

Depends on how abusive private servers get really once they allowed to mod and stuff.

So vehicles wont be added any time soon? Thats a huge let down.. Hunting for vehicles is like the only goal in DayZ, thats why so many people play it, gets full gear, and then stop playing, since there is nothing to go back to. Camping the beach killing new spawns? Running for 1 hour just to get sniped in an airfield and then start all over again? There really should be vehicles so people keeps playing this game.

The vehichles would be the current main goal and people would hide them in the woods and guard them while others are getting supples - which results in communities and "gangs" in the game. Right now it's just: eat, shoot, restart. Sure you can sit in the woods around a campfire singing kumbaya, but people grow tired after a couple of hours and wont play again for weeks since there is nothing else to fight for.

• Like 2

From the store page in Steam and website:

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. "

It was MORE than one year and not in a year or next year etc. So beta next year unless things are going really well.

Vehicles could come before.

Edited by St. Jimmy