leviathanapsu

Common items you've never seen.

I have read postings every so often where someone talks about something being suddenly rare. Often, they are talking about an item I have run across frequently. I suspect the law of averages is being cruel to us. Some of the infrequent ones for me lately have been rope and hacksaws, that I used to find constantly.

Some things, however, I have never once seen anywhere. The two that come to mind are both animals. Hundreds of hours into the game and I haven't come across a single chicken or rabbit. Someone said rabbits generate from our side, so only you see the rabbit you are aiming at and others don't until you hit it. Not sure if that is true, but I often wonder why I haven't run across these yet. Then again, I have seen several goats where others thought they were a myth.

I am also fairly certain I saw a bull, but failed to get a screenshot since my mind was on other things. Thought it was just another cow at first until the lack of others and extra equipment were noticed. I didn't have ammo at the time, so just went on my way. Looking at the DayZ wiki, I don't see anything about them being put into the game yet.

Anyway, what sort of things do you hear about constantly, but have never seen? What have you run across frequently that everyone else thinks are rare?

• Like 1

I've seen one chicken. Not seen a rabbit since they stopped being immortal.

I have never, EVER seen a Press Vest in 320 hours of playing, but I do seem to be finding those Ninja Throwing Stars everywhere I go...

Found my first tent last night after hours of searching for it.

I never saw a chicken, press vest, or any of the AK variants

These are things I've either never seen or seem to have trouble finding.

• Tent. - none found yet
  • Chicken. - none found yet
  • Pig. - none found yet (don't kill them or Shrub Rocketeer will rage!)
  • Ammo for the gun I'm currently carrying.
  • Grenade. - none found yet
  • My clothes, flashlight, or battery at the Vybor under bridge spawn. - none found yet
  • - none found yet
  • A bambi I trusted while fully geared.  none found yet, I swear I see them drooling and waiting to knock me out
  • Blood test kit.  - I've only found 2 of these, ever
  • Longhorn. - found one 3 days ago
  • Cyborz. - Apparently this is a town or something? Everyone is always asking for it. I can't find it on the map...
Edited by Death By Crowbar
  • Like 5

• Cyborz. - Apparently this is a town or something? Everyone is always asking for it. I can't find it on the map...

The wiki doesn't have that either, whatever it is

• Like 1

AKs and M5s are being run into all the time by myself and one of the Trade Guild's runners. I don't think anyone manages to find many Press Vests. I've only found 1 so far myself. Blood test kits seemed almost impossible to find for a very long while, but now I see them semi-regularly. If you never see a longhorn, you aren't missing much. The scope is nice enough and it has some power, but being stuck to a single shot and taking up that much space makes it something I would only keep if you don't have any other option or you just feel like you can afford the space.

Longhorn,

Goats,

stab vest,

these I still want to findbut haven't

hopefully I get more to add to the list

hopefully more animals to hunt especially dangerous ones

• Blood test kit.  - I've only found 2 of these, ever

not much magic to finding these, just keep searching hospitals.

i've never seen a makarov. like wtf?

Can openers.

Though only recently, or did I have a fantastic dream about them ever existing?

Combat knives, specifically ones that aren't damaged or worse...

Chicken, tent, mp5, RAK, AK101.

The MP5K can be easily found. AK101s the same way. Its the Rak thats tough to find as well as chickens and  tents.

• Like 1

Press Vest, Stab Vest, Tactical Vest, Combat Knife, Hunting knife, and Amphibia S.

I just found a tent!!!!

But the "press vest" is still number one, never had it or even seen it on someone.

Hundreds of hours into the game and I haven't come across a single chicken or rabbit. Someone said rabbits generate from our side, so only you see the rabbit you are aiming at and others don't until you hit it. Not sure if that is true, but I often wonder why I haven't run across these yet. Then again, I have seen several goats where others thought they were a myth.

I can assure you that chickens exist, as I finally killed one outside Msta last night. That seems to be the easiest place to find one; specifically on the western side of town near a small shed and what appears to be a setup for chicken cages or something. Found two at the same time, actually. Still searching for a rabbit, though... and they seem to be particularly hard to track down.

I'm not actually convinced pigs (NOT wild boars!) are in the game yet. I've certainly never seen one, and neither has anyone I play with. The only time I've even seen them show up in the changelog was in 0.45, and that was just a note about their pelt being added. I could be wrong and it might actually be in, but if it is I have no idea where I would look. Perhaps they're in the game but don't spawn?

Items I've never seen: press vest, anti-stab vest, SMERSH vest, and tents. To be fair, I don't go looking for those things very often, but I truly have never seen one. I've seen a group of already-in-use tents in the far northwest, but none I could actually claim for myself.

The rare vests.  AKM (found multiple 101's).  M4:  been to a bunch of choppers and get attachments and mags but no guns.  Chickens, rabbits, tents, RAK, geared friendly players.  

The rarest thing in the game though is people who post in the reddit asking for relevant game advancements.  You read the reddit and everyone asks for cool items to be added.  The ratio of "add this cool item" posts vs bug fix and broaden the scope of the game past coastal deathmatch and banditing or increase server pop cap is like 10-1, if not more; furthermore, even if someone does post an actual good idea, they typically get flamed by the morons who want the devs to add more melee weapons.

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

These are things I've either never seen or seem to have trouble finding.

• Grenade. - none found yet

Found 2 flashbangs and 2 explosive grenades... but I never used one. Was always murdered before I was able to blow the enemy up. :P

Never seen:

- Chicken

- Press Vest

- M4

M4:  been to a bunch of choppers and get attachments and mags but no guns.  

Same here. Never found a M4. ;-)

Sometimes even common stuff is hard to find. Took me 4 days (playing ca. 2-3 hours per day) to find a simple mosin. :D

Edited by dirrly

I used to have an anti-stab vest before the wipe.

It was ruined, so didn't perform any function, but it disguised the fact that I was wearing a Biker's Jacket underneath (in combination with not carrying a backpack, this lead people to be more surprised when I pulled a sawn-off on them).

I haven't seen a press vest in months, or a stab vest.

Have yet to find a tent. Otherwise I think I've found at least one of everything at some point.

I have a flashbang on my 3rd person guy and grenade on 1st person. found 3 or 4 longhorns in one day. Got a combat knife and Black Skull mask the other day.

Edited by escobert

Haven't seen a heli crash after persistent servers was a thing. I do look around for them where I go, but I don't follow some map looking for them. I only found about 3 heli crashes total, and all of them had no loot on them. that was when they was first introduced.

i've never seen a makarov. like wtf?

Thinking back to the early mod days and 'makarov beach wars', i can't help but chuckle at this quote :)