Sign in to follow this  
Coday

NO TO <KILL ON SIGHT> ! - DayZ Standalone

It would be awesome if you can support the project by sharing it somehow (facebook,twitter ... or with ur friends) . Thanks !

Edited by Coday
  • Like 18

I was expecting a more cinematic approach with a don't drink and drive theme mixed in, none the less good video. You have my vote.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

I was expecting a more cinematic approach with a don't drink and drive theme mixed in[...]

I get your point but all the encounters until 1:46 weren't staged. The following  (when everyone says "no to KoS") were random too but I had to asked them to say that ( that's for sure). I didn't really want to create a movie or something like that with a staged content. I just used my video material I earned while playing dayz (like everyone else).

none the less good video. You have my vote.

Thank you !

Edited by Coday
  • Like 1

great video. I hope that many survivors will be more friendly.

How did you find so many friendly people lol !!!!!!! 

<---------- Does this mask freak people out... I made it with a dallas mask + white paint + black paint....  maybe thats why i get shot at...

Firstly I am not trying to be a dick here but...

Why is it that people insist that "Their" playstyle is the only way to play DayZ, the zombies aren't actually a threat, and the only time they are, is when I am trying to stalk someone and one magically appears to attack me.

And no I'm not advocating for KoS, I'm simply saying that there is NO right/wrong way to play DayZ, that's what makes it interesting, if we where all friendly and stuck together and only killed zombies and animals it would become quiet the snooze fest of a game.

great video

thanks !

I hope that many survivors will be more friendly.

me too !

How did you find so many friendly people lol !!!!!!! 

There are some friendly Survivors out there , that's for sure. But it took me a lot of time to collect al that material.

Very nice video Coday! :thumbsup:  B)

Thank you !

Why is it that people insist that "Their" playstyle is the only way to play DayZ, the zombies aren't actually a threat, and the only time they are, is when I am trying to stalk someone and one magically appears to attack me.

KoS does not include every kind of pvp. If you don't kill on sight, you can still revenge your death, rob other survivors, kill players (and fresh-spawns) who attack you (or are a danger for you) and you can still kill other players who for example kill on sight. In most cases, people aren't interested in the loot of others survivors. Most players kill other people on sight because they want to complete a nice kill. They just have fun because they killed someone, they feel proud of themselve and rejoice at the bad luck of the dead survivor. It would be great if all Survivors don't kill other players if those aren't a danger for them and if those don't have any desirous gear. If they still want some action , I would like them to give other survivors a chance to survive. If there is the possibilty, the can force them to surrender (roleplay).

very good video, I support the project 

thank you very much

Great!

We actually will feature a no-KOS Server soon ;)

No KoS ? Be friendly ?

did_it_ever_happen_to_you_when_05.gif

What really surprises me is :

You approach a complete stranger, run up to him and try to be best buddies. Hi how are you, can I buy you a drink ? Your place or mine ? 

Why ? 

Just leave me alone, go away. It's bad enough that we now have to share resources available at that place, but now I have to watch over my shoulder 24/7 because I know I'm not alone. I don't want your hi, I don't want your buddy I'm friendly, get out of my face or I'll shoot yours off. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

That guy you killed at around 1:30, worst player ever. If you KoS do it right.

That was propably kill at 20th sight

Edited by Nesuma

Great!

We actually will feature a no-KOS Server soon ;)

These are not allowed. 

-no kos plox-

I wanna kill all you people so baaaaaaaaadd.

Edited by Bakermensch

This City is what it is because our citizens are what they are.

Plato

• Like 1

What really surprises me is :

You approach a complete stranger, run up to him and try to be best buddies. Hi how are you, can I buy you a drink ? Your place or mine ? 

Why ? 

Just leave me alone, go away. It's bad enough that we now have to share resources available at that place, but now I have to watch over my shoulder 24/7 because I know I'm not alone. I don't want your hi, I don't want your buddy I'm friendly, get out of my face or I'll shoot yours off. 

Well that weren't well chosen examples. In most cases, I try to run away when I see another full-equipped guy. Most people kill you without any communication. People aren't interested in the loot of others survivors. The players kill other people on sight because they want to complete a nice kill. They just have fun because they killed someone, they feel proud of themselve and rejoice at the bad luck of the dead survivor. And that's not the sense of the game !!! It would be great if all Survivors don't kill other players if those aren't a danger for them and if those don't have any desirous gear. If they still want some action , I would like them to give other survivors a chance to survive. If there is the possibilty, the can force them to surrender (roleplay). If you don't kill on sight, you can still revenge your death, rob other survivors, kill players (and fresh-spawns) who attack you (or are a danger for you) and you can still kill other players who for example kill on sight.

The best argument: If you just want to kill other players and aren't interested in survival features or interacting with other survivors , play Battlefield, CS GO or CoD.

• Like 1

What examples ?  The second line is pure sarcasm. 

Yes and that's my point. 

Why the fuck are you running up to me ? Do I know you ? Do I have a sign saying - run up to me lets be friendly ? 

I will shoot anyone who gets too close to me, even you have nothing. You see me ? Run the opposite fucking direction before I decide to shot you. I don't want to talk to you. I try to avoid killing those who do not want PvP or have no weapons but if you run up to me with "Hey buddy I'm friendly" I will shoot you on general principle and than rape your corpse. If I meet you in a military base, I will kill you, can't take that risk. 

This is the type of pacifist that makes me want to go on killing spree. 

Best argument : If you are stupid enough to run up to an armed player who does not know you, you deserve to die. This is not sims, people will not risk their life just because some random stranger just claimed to be friendly. They probably were killed several times by people who said I'm friendly. 

Day_Z_10_10_2014_10_11_49_640.jpg

Day_Z_10_10_2014_10_12_32_388.jpg

This is from today, just me and that guy on the server. He lived, you know why, because the second he spotted me he ran in a different direction. I had clear shot on him before he even knew I was there. But he made the right choice of staying away. You'd be wise to do the same. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

These are not allowed. 

You know private shards are coming? Once these arrive, server admins will have the rights to impose rules like these. Official word.