GriefSlicer (DayZ)

The new running animation, Why?

New animation looks fine to me, when fully geared the animation suits the situation quite well.

That's not the new running animation I've seen or what the OP is talking about it.

The new running animation looks more like this: 

yJhovl.gif

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 4

That's not the new running animation I've seen or what the OP is talking about it.

The new running animation looks more like this: 

ADZxBS.gif

Hmmm... no... it looks more like this ;

Specsavers dude...

Hmmm... no... it looks more like this ;

-post#13-

Specsavers dude...

Specsavers? What are you like 12 years-old? The other video is very ambiguous with a lot of stuff going on.

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1

I do not like the new animation for reasons others already mentioned, it just doesn't look natural. Also the head bob (when in 3rd) looks very strange and somewhat humoristic. If in 1st person you also see way less over your shoulders / behind.

Listen to me and I'm only going to say this once, I've played experimental and it looks nothing like the content from that video. Go play experimental and look for yourself. I've seen that video in this thread and also on dayztv…no need to duplicate post #13. Brainsavers dude…people can read forum posts, you're not the only one with the ability.

I have played in Experimental... and is nothing like most of you are saying..in fact is a more realistic run.. tired, exhausted, thirsty, hungry... under stress.. cold...you wont run like an athlete under that circumstances.

The new animation explains how most people don't know how to run so this is a default run animation for regular dudes lol

Looks fine to me.

Looks like an ordinary dude, not an athlete, not a soldier running.

looks better when you're fully geared. when you have nothing on, ala the video, it looks like they've got an invisible, heavy backpack on.

Why can't they just make a decent animation? Or, as I've suggested before, give us 20 different animations and assign them randomly for each new character we start.

I start to run like that after sprinting around in full kit for a while. lol

Why can't they just make a decent animation? Or, as I've suggested before, give us 20 different animations and assign them randomly for each new character we start.

Good idea but I would imagine this would be super labor intensive.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed, been playing 1pp only lately, will have to play 3pp tonight and see.

if the running animation was completely fine why replace it with an animation that looks like it was clearly made by a fat guy running. 

What is your opinion on this new running animation? I am certainly disappointed in their poor choice to change over the animation to something like this. 

Well your character is not the healthiest person anyways when you first start out and to be honest i run really goofy in real life anyways so i can see this being more of a realistic approach rather than an athletic person thats been trained to run long distance on a daily living.

Also the animation for one handed pistols is fucking BEAST! :O

that would be pretty sweet.

"ah man i got the gimpy right leg again"

H1Z1 Running
http://youtu.be/yjz4pFHTPN4?t=15m10s

DayZ mod Running
http://youtu.be/h_REsdSc5wM?t=35s

DayZ old Running

DayZ new Running

I think DayZ's new running is looking pretty cool compared to others. Although I don't think the old one was bad, I would use that one when the character is tired and the new animation for sprinting when he's not tired, being a bit faster.
We can't really complain much, whenever it comes to working on animations, its always a plus. Yeah it does look weird and long arms right now, but I'm sure they are still working on it.
  • Like 1

The new one (on 3rd person) reminded me a bit of what makes the H1Z1 animations look silly. There's an apish aura about it, without being able to quite put the finger on what actual makes it appear like that.

Swinging from side to side, ever present in species that are not fully evolved to walk on only two limbs. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 3

Is a tired looking run.. i bet you when weight starts to affect your stamina..that animation will progressively get more and more exaggerated, to eventually you stop in your knees.. or collapse in the floor in exhaustion.

If they bring the means of being overburdened into this liked DayZ Epoch

I will be mad

It gets to the point where realism just breaks fun

• Like 1

I will be mad

I think thats what they intend to do is break your fun. lol

I will be mad

d772f8a10ba364885c9de314810ac972.jpg

• Like 2

Buy why add new animations before fixing horribly broken controls?    Why in Jesus's name, would they add anything at all before fixing how hot buttons don't respond or how controls are so terrible we can't even interrupt/cancel a current action by hitting a new button?

Why would they bother to add new animations when they could either fix broken animations and controls or just ignore it all together as they officially have done with hacking?

What is your opinion on this new running animation?

Nothing wrong with it.

To me it's a little more rubbery and fluid. A little looser. I only hope it's the beginning a more fluid character

Edit: Kinda ragdollish

Edited by Camisado2

The new animation looks like our character is just starting to learn how to run, just swinging from side to side. I JUST realized what it reminds me off! I wasn't able to find a video, but if you've seen the show Touch, the running looks like the autistic boy jake´s running. Almost exactly!

Probably for immersion.. after all we are "civilians", probably already tired when you freshspawn....have you tried running when you already exhausted ? Is not a nice experience, and you will look very silly.

I keep my composure when I run. I don't look like an ape after I get tired.

• Like 1