SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Wow .... The only first person server that's not in constant reboot is signapore... Just a few hours ago they were all fine :,(

Bloody Singapore.  Freshly spawned in, someone said put your hands up, then shot me!

Would have been 10 seconds tops.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 5

I'm curious to hear about what is happening with the loot respawn mechanic to make it glitch, from a dev.

I think I read that it was tied to persistence somehow a while back.

I personally cannot go back to the broken hit detection on stable right now.

The melee/fighting with zombies is something that I enjoy in this update.

Some people testing experimental branch need to remember that the builds here are much more prone to all kinds of bugs. The game play on these builds will be far LESS reliable than stable

So yeah, "complaining" is silly. Report bugs and experiences here and then walk your next character off a roof with Ebrim.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Well it's sunny in Singapore for me. The server was crashed mostly yesterday, but I made it out of spawn hell just before. Came off a session a few minutes ago where I'm living fat

in the west, where it's wide open lootville. Got a repeater with ammo, (prefer the mods winchester), range finder, (doesn't work. maybe a battery?), and fully geared. Haven't seen a crash

site.

Sorry brother, range finder is bugged for now, kind of a paperweight although there is some value as a small magnification monocular.

Did you try rebooting?

Yep, it's my favorite try to fix anything that's wrong. Didn't work. Thank You though  :)  I'll just wait for a while and see how it plays over the weekend.

Well, Singapore 4 is down now.  Hopefully BI will reboot everything soon, it's almost time for them to open.

edit:  Something is going on, I just lost Singapore 1 and don't see any experimental servers listed at all.

Edited by Barnabus

Well, Singapore 4 is down now.  Hopefully BI will reboot everything soon, it's almost time for them to open.

edit:  Something is going on, I just lost Singapore 1 and don't see any experimental servers listed at all.

They're showing up for me, but all the ones I'm seeing are empty. I tried to join a few of them, and get no message recieved immediately.

I will probably wait the weekend out.

Yesterday evening all UK 3rd person servers were costantly 50/50, 1st person ones were good for a while but after a disconnection started to show as 0/50 on my server list, and I wasn't able to log in. I tried to play on some DE server, but I found the same problem: full 3rd person servers, apparently empty 1st person ones that weren't playable (at least for me). Timeframe: 22.00 onwards, GMT+1.

Don't know if something's off with my connection or if it was an actual problem. It's the second/third evening in a row I have to struggle to log in a server...too much people and too few servers. Hopefully next week people will not clutter the servers at the same hours :)

Edited by DocWolf

The US servers are back up and running. Played for a good half hour looting Svetlo, moved my way over to Chernaya Polana and up into Novo. No disconnections or really bad frames/desync. All kinds of loot around there. :)

• Like 1

Energy- and foodwise this .50 exp seems like a walk in the park compared to the previous one.

It all seems a little bit to easy now.

Too many foodspawns and too many gunspawns.

All in all I like the previous one better. The lack of food spawns really gave the game another dimension for me.

Once you acquired a gun, ammo, knife and axe you were able to hunt and sustain yourself.

yesterday i had some weird glitch, i joined a fresh server just rebooted, knew i was alone in the village, saw the policestation and infront of it

on the street there was 1 shotgun laying. as i checked it out with TAB it shew me two shotguns.

Edited by Axezeroone

Yep, it's my favorite try to fix anything that's wrong. Didn't work. Thank You though  :)  I'll just wait for a while and see how it plays over the weekend.

It's strange because I CTDed like hell the first day of launch of this patch (and the previous 0.50 build) as well. But after a lot of crashes it suddenly stops that behaviour, and I can play without any other intereference than the constant server restarts. I have no idea what would cause this kind of behaviour, but I would recommend you try and stick it out for a day or two and see if the CTDs doesn't do the same on your end. 

• Like 1

yesterday i had some weird glitch, i joined a fresh server just rebooted, knew i was alone in the village, saw the policestation and infront of it

on the street there was 1 shotgun laying. as i checked it out with TAB it shew me two shotguns.

Well, yesterday in Kamyshovo I found a dead body on the stairs of the police station. Then someone ran towards me, trying to punch his way towards my meagre loot (two bandages and a battery) but when I valiantly raised my wrench to cave his face in he yelled "NO PUNCH! NO PUNCH! NONONONO!" and ran outside. I was a little puzzled, so I watched him from the windows...the guy beelined on another player (naked) and started a fighting match.

After one minute I stopped watching those crazy dudes and ran away - they weren't even harming each others, just flailing in circles like drunken sea lions. Glitch or work as intended? :D

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 2

Spawned yesterday on a fresh started server. I loot Kamyshovo and run towards Msta. Today in Msta plenty of food and stuff.

No problemo again.

/Server restarted. Persistence working and loot is also respawning.

Edited by St. Jimmy

None of the servers in my region are functioning.

It only looks like maybe 4 servers are working for the entire US experimental branch.

I joined a nearly full 3rd person server that was functioning and found a down jacket, food, a splitting axe, and a childrens backpack pretty quickly.

The backpack was found in the bed of a pick-up truck, which had some decent clothing in and around it.

Brown Wellies show through the cuffs of black jeans.

Most of this loot was found in and around the small town near the swamp spawn.

Also in this area, standing in the grass between the swamp and the town was a single zed. Someone must have drawn him there and left him behind somehow as he was far from anywhere I normally would see a zed and I aggroed him due to running up on him unexpectedly.

Running into the woods North to try to evade him I get the server DC message....

Might jump on again before dinner.

Maybe he was chasing an animal. Yesterdays I was going from town to town and see movement to my left, when I looked closer it was a crawler following a hog. It was hilarious since the boar was too fast for the Z. I went after them, killed the Z and then the boar but didnt have anything to gut the boar with, I wanted to cry, hatchets should be able to get the job done. In a survival situation you use what you have and a sharp object should work for it.

Like I’ve said before, I’m curios if they will implement difficult levels. I think they will on consoles but no idea in PC. I think this really is the best idea to please all players.

Another thing is I really hope we get friendly servers, meaning no PVP. I like people but I don’t was to spend days trying to suit up only for an idiot to shot me dead so he can be a lazy ass and steal it. SO that leaves me to servers with only 2 or 3 people and even then I’ve been killed over 5 times and handcuff once. After I saved his life the ass. I should have known better when I saw him sneaking behind me only to be found by 3 Zs but Im too naïve for my own good.

Edited by igottapi4

I have found an MP-133 in pristine condition, it was empty and did not spawn with any shells.  So, what am I supposed to do now, do I win?  I found it in one of the one story cabins like this one, but the other style, the one with the covered entry way and mud room when you go in.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dayz.gamepedia.com/e/ef/OneStoryCabin_2a.jpg

Congratulations, you are the first person to have ever found any sort of loot in one of those cabins.

• Like 1

The four buildings in that small compound in the woods north of NEAF is spawning stuff now.  Nothing really super but there was some tuna, soda and canteens laying around.  I checked it before the patch and there was nothing there.  This is new since then..

Awesome! Any other changes to that area, or just loot spawning?

Maybe he was chasing an animal. Yesterdays I was going from town to town and see movement to my left, when I looked closer it was a crawler following a hog. It was hilarious since the boar was too fast for the Z. I went after them, killed the Z and then the boar but didnt have anything to gut the boar with, I wanted to cry, hatchets should be able to get the job done. In a survival situation you use what you have and a sharp object should work for it.

Like I’ve said before, I’m curios if they will implement difficult levels. I think they will on consoles but no idea in PC. I think this really is the best idea to please all players.

Another thing is I really hope we get friendly servers, meaning no PVP. I like people but I don’t was to spend days trying to suit up only for an idiot to shot me dead so he can be a lazy ass and steal it. SO that leaves me to servers with only 2 or 3 people and even then I’ve been killed over 5 times and handcuff once. After I saved his life the ass. I should have known better when I saw him sneaking behind me only to be found by 3 Zs but Im too naïve for my own good.

it wonders me you can open cans with a damn fork, try that in real life, lol. (you could poke holes in it but thats it)

but sometimes a knife/screwdriver even a canopener wont open me a can is that intention or some bug?

Well, I think they should do something about rope. 

I dont understand how my caracter can wear is gun or axe on his back without attaching it with a rope, or something like that. So, we should have to find rope for being able to carry our guns on our back.
It will be more realistic (a thing i dont care about i admite) but it will also force us to make some decisions : "I have no rope, I take my axe or this shotgun with only a few bullets?".

Also, I think we shouldn't be able to use gears in our backpack without an animation or something forcing us to stop and to wait a second. 
For my part, I cant reach my backpack and pick items inside it (I mean, IRL) without stopping runing, opening it and scearching for what I need. 

We should only be able to fast acces to stuff positionned in clothes. 

I hope ruined clothes and bags will also becaming totaly unusable, like "ho fuck my pocket are teared, i cant pu anything inside it". 

• Like 2

Killed by invisible zombies, I don't understand how they bring back 6 month old problems every exp build.

• Like 1

Killed by invisible zombies, I don't understand how they bring back 6 month old problems every exp build.

Did you suddenly drop dead, or were you "hit" by zombies that you couldn't see? I guarantee that if it's the latter, said zombie was outside the building hitting a wall and causing you damage. There really is no such thing as "invisible zombies"; there's always an explanation (usually related to a different bug) for why that is happening. If you are inside and find yourself being hit by something you can't see, exit the building immediately.

• Like 1

I dont understand how my caracter can wear is gun or axe on his back without attaching it with a rope, or something like that. So, we should have to find rope for being able to carry our guns on our back.

It will be more realistic (a thing i dont care about i admite) but it will also force us to make some decisions : "I have no rope, I take my axe or this shotgun with only a few bullets?".

Also, I think we shouldn't be able to use gears in our backpack without an animation or something forcing us to stop and to wait a second. 

For my part, I cant reach my backpack and pick items inside it (I mean, IRL) without stopping runing, opening it and scearching for what I need. 

I hope ruined clothes and bags will also becaming totaly unusable, like "ho fuck my pocket are teared, i cant pu anything inside it". 

This^

• Like 1

Yeah, I would like to see this as well. The thing with reloading really bothers me, where you can reload a gun in your backpack without going through the animation and even whilst running. I tend to load weapons in my hands just out of principle and I feel bad that the animators are getting short-changed by us not seeing their work. :(

• Like 1

Did you suddenly drop dead, or were you "hit" by zombies that you couldn't see? I guarantee that if it's the latter, said zombie was outside the building hitting a wall and causing you damage. There really is no such thing as "invisible zombies"; there's always an explanation (usually related to a different bug) for why that is happening. If you are inside and find yourself being hit by something you can't see, exit the building immediately.

Sir, you're wrong, i dunno if they exist in latest patch but in the 0.47 or 0.48 i ve encountered them few times and i can assure you that they were standing next to me because i could hear them very loudly and most of all i even managed to shoot one of them cause i saw a blood in the air.

And second case, how would you explain situation when they are chasing you trough an open field ?

Sir, you're wrong, i dunno if they exist in latest patch but in the 0.47 or 0.48 i ve encountered them few times and i can assure you that they were standing next to me because i could hear them very loudly and most of all i even managed to shoot one of them cause i saw a blood in the air.

And second case, how would you explain situation when they are chasing you trough an open field ?

The only time I've been aware of invisible zombies recently was after a patch and a server reset that caused some seriously buggy behavior. Some people on the server could see the zeds but to others (including me) they were entirely invisible. Outside of that specific instance I've never encountered invisible zombies. So it's possible but I've seen no evidence of them in the latest 0.50.