Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Do I look like a bandit?

So I'm geared like this and my friend said I look like a bandit and wandering around like this would make people only freak out, run away from me or get afraid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4s3urnhuhysqg0/2014-09-30_00001.jpg?dl=0

What would your intention be if you saw a guy like this?

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Most everyone I meet wearing the payday masks, opens fire on sight. I would hang back and test the waters for sure before approaching.

While I like the Wolf mask, I don't wear them. I've seen far too many people say they will kos anyone with a mask because the consensus seems to be that if you have one of those masks on you aren't a nice person.

Edited by escobert

The real question is, do I look like a bandit? Or someone you wanna shoot because you want my gear? This is the only reason why I haven't played friendly since I have found my M4.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/26217555237372194/797310542286BC463AA47F07568D7EC27665DC6D/

Edited by Jacobahalls

I will get rid of this mask then.

The problem is, I've seen some friendly players wearing these and also unfriendlies, so I couldn't really decide whether to wear it or not.

Edited by Yazar8

your in mil gear so even without the payday mask your ass is gonna get shot at but to answer your question which you know the answer too is yes.

The real question is, do I look like a bandit? Or someone you wanna shoot because you want my gear? This is the only reason why I haven't played friendly since I have found my M4.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/26217555237372194/797310542286BC463AA47F07568D7EC27665DC6D/

yeah if i seen you i would either avoid you or definitely try and put you down your toon is a scary lookin dude i always think of backstories for toons when i see them and your toon is definitely a member of umbrella sent to eradicate all living witnesses.

• Like 2

While I like the Wolf mask, I don't ware them. I've seen far too many people say they will kos anyone with a mask because the consensus seems to be that if you have one of those masks on you aren't a nice person.

yep payday masks equals instant KOS as did burlap bags when you could wear those as a mask.

That is just ridiculous, masks = kos ... wtf...  that would prob explain the hostile behavoir 9 out of 10 times as i look exactly like the op lol... f u all, gonna kos everyone now, thanks for the heads up.

Working on finding this mask:

<-----------------

Edited by Cptn_Miller

Military gear - Murderer

Clown mask -  Murderer

Wolf mask - nice guy looking to make friends

If anyone has seen the original wicker man film, they will know that people wearing scary masks have bad intentions no matter how innocent they act.

Well, think of it this way. If you saw a guy in full camo with a mask like that, would you assume he's friendly?

• Like 1

Every Player I Have Encountered in a Payday Mask (6-7) has Been Either  a Bandit, Murder or a Psychopath
Or all of the Above

I Would Kill Or Avoid (Depending on My Gear)if Spotted that Character

But I Was Chased Down, Hobbled With A Pickaxe, Kidnapped and Humped  While Crawling With Broken Legs By a Player in one of those Masks xD Ever Since I Just Never Trust them(Forever Scarred)

That Guy Took 20 SKS Rounds to the Chest then i Ran out of Bullets All the Time He Was Yelling How He was Going to Make Me Bleed with Psychotic Laughter

Scariest Experience in my DayZ xD LOL

Edited by NokyoOkami

Every Player I Have Encountered in a Payday Mask (6-7) has Been Either  a Bandit, Murder or a Psychopath

Or all of the Above

I Would Kill Or Avoid (Depending on Gear)if Spotted that Character

But I Was Chased Down, Hobbled With A Pickaxe, Kidnapped and Humped  While Crawling With Broken Legs By a Player in one of those Masks xD Ever Since I Just Never Trust them

That Guy Took 20 SKS Rounds to the Chest then i Ran out of Bullets All the Time He Was Yelling How He was Going to Make Me Bleed with Psychotic Laughter

Scariest Experience in my DayZ xD LOL (Forever Scarred)

This is racism, sterotyping, prejudice at its finest... maybe we just liked playing payday and want to wear our Dallas masks again...  however... i do chase noobs around screamin insane shit and psychotic laughter - altho i usually dont kill them unless they pretend they are tough and attempt a heroic stand.

Appears i may be - all of the above, just not at the same time...

Edited by Cptn_Miller

What's the consensus on bandana facemasks? I've been wearing one because it looks good with a down jacket and a ballistic helmet.

This is racism, sterotyping, prejudice at its finest...

Its not racism though... And certain outfits tend to come with certain attitudes. Not always, but often.

Bandana masks don't seem to indicate a certain playstyle in my experience. The brighter the higher the chance of being social I guess. Also at some point I dropped some loot for a freshspawn including a bandana mask. He passed on it because "he wasn't into banditry" so maybe not wearing one is a good sign as well.

• Like 1

What's the consensus on bandana facemasks? I've been wearing one because it looks good with a down jacket and a ballistic helmet.

I Always Just See Bandana As General Face Cover/Camoflauge/ect

Meet Some Nice People and Some Bad People  Who Wear them

Wear One my Self for Hiding the Glowy Face Problem

But Seems To Just Be a General Item Alot of Players of all Walks Wear

To Me at Least

Its not racism though... And certain outfits tend to come with certain attitudes. Not always, but often.

Was About to Say ... ClownMasks Have Become a Race? :O

• Like 1

This is racism, sterotyping, prejudice at its finest... maybe we just liked playing payday and want to wear our Dallas masks again...  however... i do chase noobs around screamin insane shit and psychotic laughter - altho i usually dont kill them unless they pretend they are tough and attempt a heroic stand.

Appears i may be - all of the above, just not at the same time...

to Be Fair i Wasnt Always this Way Just Used to Be More Cautious Around But After those 6-7 Encouners When i Was First Starting Out and What Have Seen on Streams/Youtube  Kinda Reinforced it 

Now I Usualy Kill/Avoid

Try not to kos But if i Have No Choice (IE Injured or Vulnerable or Been Shot at Recently I Will) 

But Havent  Meet Clown thus far  who would Hesitate to kill Me

Clownies and Sack Heads tend to be the Players Hardest to Reason With and they are Fast/Experienced Killers Most times (Makes Negotiating With a Huge risk)

To all  Clownies/SackHeads out there I Commend your PVP Combat Prowess lol

Edited by NokyoOkami

Bandana masks don't seem to indicate a certain playstyle in my experience. The brighter the higher the chance of being social I guess. Also at some point I dropped some loot for a freshspawn including a bandana mask. He passed on it because "he wasn't into banditry" so maybe not wearing one is a good sign as well.

wearing a mask that is totally racism dude 

Some thoughts about the OP: you're running around kitted in milspec gear, with a clown mask and sporting an assault rifle.

Military clothes does NOT equal to banditry - at the moment military gear offer the best compromise between wheater protection and storage space. I'm still conflicted about the camouflage factor, as it's highly situational. In some places military clothes helps avoiding attention, but in many other like urban ares they don't.

Masks on the other hand...if you conceal your face you're suspicious, both in real life and in game. Especially if you're wearing bright and absurd clown masks. And needless to say, if you're suspicious in DayZ you're treated as an hostile.

I have a personal theory about military-grade weapons . Firearms are needed as a protection against other players, not infected. Any gun looted in civilian areas (handguns, shotguns, hunting rifles, carbines, WW1 rifles) will suffice in protecting your character from other players...if you spend time and resources in obtaining military-grade weapons that means you want problems with other players. That means you're suspicious...and that, in turn, means you're hostile.

Walking up and down Chernarus in military gear, clown mask and lugging around assault rifles? I honestly don't know if that paints you a "BANDIT" sign over the head, but surely will influence relations with other players. Aggressive players will probably engage you on sight, while more prudent ones will simply avoid you...and maybe ambush you later.

• Like 1

short answer, didn't read the thread --> Yes, I've made too many bad experiences with masked players, would most likely have shot you on sight.

My intention is good, I play friendly. I never take out my weapon and I wear military loot because I like the way it looks and I like to be camo'ed. Because then I will be hardly spoted by unfriendly players. I also like the things military loot offer. More slots, weather effects protection.