OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

Dude, it was answered already. Go back and read. 

Seems as though you didn't answer to anyone's satisfaction.

• Like 1

Amazing that someone would come here and be willing to bend over for hackers and trolls. 

dude if you suspect someone is "hacking" then you should be doing everything in your character's power to collect that evidence like take some screen shots or recordings (try and get the player list in one of your screens as I am sure that will help) and report the bastards to the mods here on the forum, if you are just gonna combat log when this happens you are only passing the problem along to the rest of the community - gee thanks.

again with the trolls bizniz, wtf is a troll other than some annoying prick that pisses you off in the game?? combat logging in that situation is still combat logging - kill the bastard if you can and if you can't, die like an adult.

• Like 1

combat loggers are like mayonnaise, disgusting.

Why is it that i read this thread and i just get an image of children playing in a park ,one child is not winning so suddenly just spits the dummy and says 'thats it i am going home and i am taking my bat and ball with me'.

Because you combat log that's pretty much what your doing ,admitting you cant handle losing and your going home with your bat and ball( your characters gear).

Man up we all have to die sometime in game and hell maybe luck will go your way and you will score a killing shot. I have gotten lucky and taken a group of 3 bandits down using an sks i have also been axed to death while fully geared by a yolo fresh spawn who caught me off guard. You know what i enjoyed both experiences the thrill of victory and the learning experience of being done over.....

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

There's that option called "retreat".

And as I'm tired of getting shot at whilst being a freshie, having nothing but my Jeans and shirt, I might just log instead of run.

Also, getting cuffed, force fed rotten sh#t and called names is not my kind of game. Might retreat aswell.

And as I'm tired of getting shot at whilst being a freshie, having nothing but my Jeans and shirt, I might just log instead of run.

Also, getting cuffed, force fed rotten sh#t and called names is not my kind of game. Might retreat aswell.

Maybe stop playing altogether?

Someone just combat logged on us today. My buddy had trapped someone inside a barracks at zelengorsk. When I came and helped him clear the barrack like 2 min later, he was not there,, logged out,, :/

Maybe stop playing altogether?

Some people don't enjoy vulgarity, racism, or perverted little kids in their video game experience. 

I was stopped by a clan once and was told to "get on your knees and give me a bj." They were a bunch of grown men giggling like pubescent 13yr old kids. That's just disgusting, IMO, and not funny in the least bit. I don't have the patience for vulgar speech, perverted acts, or racism in ANY video game PERIOD, and I don't have to sit there and entertain their perverted games ESPECIALLY since there's no way of knowing who they are so that I can report them for violations. So I logged off on them, and they had 30 seconds to do whatever they wanted with my vacant character, but I guarantee they didn't reap the satisfaction they were hoping for. And then they probably came here and started crying because someone combat logged on them. 

The only people I see crying are the trolls and hackers who wish they could have their way with fresh spawns. Well boo hoo, cry me a river. 

Some people don't enjoy vulgarity, racism, or perverted little kids in their video game experience. 

I was stopped by a clan once and was told to "get on your knees and give me a bj." They were a bunch of grown men giggling like pubescent 13yr old kids. That's just disgusting, IMO, and not funny in the least bit. I don't have the patience for vulgar speech, perverted acts, or racism in ANY video game PERIOD, and I don't have to sit there and entertain their perverted games ESPECIALLY since there's no way of knowing who they are so that I can report them for violations. So I logged off on them, and they had 30 seconds to do whatever they wanted with my vacant character, but I guarantee they didn't reap the satisfaction they were hoping for. And then they probably came here and started crying because someone combat logged on them. 

The only people I see crying are the trolls and hackers who wish they could have their way with fresh spawns. Well boo hoo, cry me a river. 

Yes because all that was stated in the post I quoted, wasn't it :rolleyes:

You're a drama queen. You actually want people to do things to you so you can cry "troll" and log off. I've never experienced anything like you've stated in all the time I was playing DayZ, which would be in May after the mod was released, so 3 years ago I think.

I logged on  people taking pop shots at me before and didn't really care that I did. Was going to jump servers to join a friend before they started lobbing lead at me and wasn't really feeling like spending 20+ minutes avoiding them or flanking. Jumped on with my friend on a different server and we had a great time and met and helped out some people with food and medical help. Did I perhaps ruin those guys fun who were taking pop shots at me? Maybe but I didn't care and they should figure out how to zero the rifles they had a bit better so they can actually hit a target in a wide open coverless field. I had time to get into town and log after waiting a bit to see if they were comming to pay me a visit. They didn't and I had a better gaming experience with my friend later. I've done plenty of firefight encounters and played many through to know that these ones where you try and track down people taking pop shots are pointless. Your lucky if you ever find the source of the shots and if the person is dumb enough to hang around after failed shots.Wasted countless hours searching for these people. They interact with their firearms and if that fails you never find them.

TL:DR: Im not wasting up to an hour dodging lead and being someones target when they clearly are not able to zero and use their rifles anyways. I'll run away and eventually decide where to go on the map or another server. If they let me go or can't catch me before I go then thats unfortunate. 

Edited by Canned Muffins

You actually want people to do things to you so you can cry "troll" and log off. 

Yes because all that was stated in my post. :/

You replied to an individual who said in his post, "Also, getting cuffed, force fed rotten sh#t and called names is not my kind of game"  His gaming experience was being ruined by immature children, and he is not obligated to sit there and listen to people use words you'd only hear back in study hall where all the kids sit in a corner and whisper about private parts and giggle. If that's hilarious to you, well, more power to ya, man. But I'm logging off on them and will wait for them to come here and cry like so many people here have done. 

I've never experienced anything like you've stated in all the time I was playing DayZ, which would be in May after the mod was released, so 3 years ago I think.

Well great, I'm happy for you. What's your point?

What I learned from this topic:

Some people take this game waaaaay too seriously. Who the hell cares if somebody combat logs? Are you gonna cry because you didn't get your precious kill? Are you feeling better about yourself because you call someone a bitch for logging? I've had a fair few people combat log on me and not only did I manage to not completely lose my shit, I actually just shrugged it off and went on with playing! Amazing! You should try it too!

Srsly.

• Like 1

So every firefight you get to choose your position? I don't believe you one moment and I bet when you start taking rounds unexpectedly you go for cover and you're not moving at all for a few minutes, let alone 30 seconds (or if you are you're not charging at the enemy) which was my point. Fights in dayz can last a long time which gives combat loggers plenty of time to log off.

I never said I control all the engagements but unless I am just being careless, I am always looking for the best way to break contact and get some distance if engaged.  When I take fire I don't just dive for cover and hide, I will quickly take cover, look for the best way to put some distance or get to better cover so I can assess the situation.  Staying in one place after the initial contact is the best way to ensure you get flanked or allow the other side to get into a better position to fire into you cover.  So unless you have me trapped in a room with only one way out, I am not going to be sitting there for 30 seconds.

The difference is you consider long pauses as a continuation of the fight, I don't.

are you confused about which game you downloaded?

ahhh I think we've found the issue!

can you show us on the doll where the bad clan touched you?

but seriously.. fight back, run, stand your ground, beg and plead for life and mercy... whatever the fuck you decide to do.. do something!!! don't combat log like a spoiled kid!

• Like 2

Yes because all that was stated in my post. :/

Nope it wasn't stated, it's becoming obvious from your continuous whining.

You replied to an individual who said in his post, "Also, getting cuffed, force fed rotten sh#t and called names is not my kind of game"  His gaming experience was being ruined by immature children, and he is not obligated to sit there and listen to people use words you'd only hear back in study hall where all the kids sit in a corner and whisper about private parts and giggle. If that's hilarious to you, well, more power to ya, man. But I'm logging off on them and will wait for them to come here and cry like so many people here have done. 

Yes I replied to someone and then you stuck your nose in and decide to blow it all out of proportion by  including racists! Being handcuffed and force fed things is your fault for being caught in the first place. Can't put up with a little name calling? Who cares.  Like this even happens that much.

Well great, I'm happy for you. What's your point?

You can't handle the game and cry about it and you also combat log which you think is acceptable.

• Like 1

I never said I control all the engagements but unless I am just being careless, I am always looking for the best way to break contact and get some distance if engaged.  When I take fire I don't just dive for cover and hide, I will quickly take cover, look for the best way to put some distance or get to better cover so I can assess the situation.  Staying in one place after the initial contact is the best way to ensure you get flanked or allow the other side to get into a better position to fire into you cover.  So unless you have me trapped in a room with only one way out, I am not going to be sitting there for 30 seconds.

The difference is you consider long pauses as a continuation of the fight, I don't.

Nope that's not what I'm saying.

Let's say the shots stop, people stop firing. How long do you wait until you move up on their position? It takes longer than 30 seconds (unless ur came round a corner at each other that's different) unless you charge right in. Most people move up and scan. plenty of time to combat log.

You can't handle the game and cry about it and you also combat log which you think is acceptable.

It has nothing to do with me not being able to handle the game. Hacking, glitching, pointless babmi-KoS'ing, and acting in disgusting ways are PROBLEMS and are NOT meant to be highlights of DayZ. They do more harm than good. And the best way to ensure I am not affected by them is to log off and join a different server. It'd also be stupid of me to sit there and let them act that way and allow them the satisfaction of ruining someone's game. Again, as I've said a million times, I don't believe that bending over for them makes you more 'manly' and less of a 'coward.' 

All you seem to be doing in this thread is defending the plague of bambi-killers and hackers who do nothing but ruin other people's experience...which makes me wonder if you're one of those individuals.

Edited by Chepaco

It has nothing to do with me not being able to handle the game. Hacking, glitching, pointless babmi-KoS'ing, and acting in disgusting ways are PROBLEMS and are NOT meant to be highlights of DayZ. They do more harm than good. And the best way to ensure I am not affected by them is to log off and join a different server. It'd also be stupid of me to sit there and let them act that way and allow them the satisfaction of ruining someone's game. Again, as I've said a million times, I don't believe that bending over for them makes you more 'manly' and less of a 'coward.'

All you seem to be doing in this thread is defending the plague of bambi-killers and hackers who do nothing but ruin other people's experience...which makes me wonder if you're one of those individuals.

find one person in this thread, for or against combat logging, that defended hacking. in fact it's just the opposite. but most have said they wouldn't log around hackers but instead try to get evidence of it to report... so why do you say people are defending hackers? your arguments are week. and you're too proud to admit combat logging under any circumstance is wrong.

• Like 2

having your day ruined is one part of the DayZ experience and I hate to say this but maybe this really isn't the game for you

Edited by SkyPig
  • Like 2

having your day ruined is one part of the DayZ experience and I hate to say this but maybe this really isn't the game for you

I find it disturbing that you consider "Hacking, glitching, pointless bambi-KoS'ing, and acting in disgusting ways" (which are things I said ruin people's experience) just "part of the DayZ experience." Well no, it's not, and it certainly doesn't have to be. 

I play many different PC games, and if I'm in a game with someone who is abusing the chat function, speaking endless profanity, acting in a perverted manner, or just being a troll in general, I'll quit right in the middle of the game and not even bat an eye about it. What you're refusing to accept is that that has NOTHING to do with "maybe this really isn't the game for you." It has everything to do with me choosing the kind of individuals I want to play with or against. Please just try to understand this simple concept. People have every right to log off against those who are ruining their gameplay, and that applies to every video game that has ever been created, not just DayZ. 

Like I said, they happen rarely or you're not paying enough attention to your surroundings.

find one person in this thread, for or against combat logging, that defended hacking. in fact it's just the opposite. but most have said they wouldn't log around hackers but instead try to get evidence of it to report... so why do you say people are defending hackers? your arguments are week. and you're too proud to admit combat logging under any circumstance is wrong.

I would log against hackers/cheaters. That's the only time to log in fact - piss them off and as for evidence, let's see that it actually works first before wasting time with that because I doubt a screen shot it going to show much and who's going to listen anyway?

• Like 1

Wow OP, next time just kill right away and take their stuff.