OptimumVision

Well, I combat logged.

i thought this is not possible anymore in the SA due to logout timer or whatever?

combat logging is NOT OK.

if i attack someone i fight it out or retreat.

if i get surprised i give the opposition a fair chance to get their price.

i now that panic and excitment can lead to weird decisions behind the keyboard but in general i stick to this.

respect OP for coming back.

Edited by justadude

If you're going to practice prissy gameplay, stop throwing around the fact that you're Canadian.

It's just a signature?

LoL ... I really think you people just need to learn to aim better. I've not had an issue with combat loggers. But then again my play style is to survive so I don't put myself into situations where I see much combat. I return fire when I am fired at and I do not shoot unless I have a shot. So I usually live when engaged in combat. I rarely have anyone log out of the game until they are already dead, but to me once their body is a rag doll on the terrain I could care less if they log.

i thought this is not possible anymore in the SA due to logout timer or whatever?

combat logging is NOT OK.

if i attack someone i fight it out or retreat.

if i get surprised i give the opposition a fair chance to get their price.

i now that panic and excitment can lead to weird decisions behind the keyboard but in general i stick to this.

respect OP for coming back.

There's a 30 second timer which is not much use at all. When you start a fight, unless you're an idiot you aren't just going to charge blindly in. Most people check around them, move up, check, etc which is way over 30 seconds.

A guy runs into a house, you're outside. How long are you going to wait until you move up, knowing he could be aiming through a window at you? The timer is only going to work in a few cases. Most PVP encounters if I logged at the start of them, I'd survive most likely.

• Like 1

Naw but i hear its all the rage in Scotland.

Having a pair?

Dying?

My Little Pony?

Probably all 3 and those wonderful cross-dressing skirts they got.

Its ok most ppl don't seem to understand that an MLP fan can still decapitate someones head in a rather violent manner until its far to late lol.

*Salutes* Respect to you my pony friend.

I'm from Scotland.

We never back down from a fight.

My Little Pony is for little girls not grown men / fedora'd gentlemen.

We wear kilts (not skirts) because denim cannot contain our giant testicles.

Edited by .#KimoSabbi
  • Like 5

I personally try not to combat log (especially in areas where I deserve to be shot), but I will absolutely not blame anyone for logging out if they find themselves caught in the middle of a bunch of immature KoS'ers who only want to kill you for killing's sake. I have no patience for that crap at all, and any opportunity one gets to combat log so that the KoS'er can't reap the "enjoyment" of killing said individual should do it. I simply will not allow a KoS'er to be amused at MY expense. If all you die hard "Thou shalt not combat log" individuals want to give that CoD 12 year old kid the satisfaction of KoS'ing you, be my guest. You'll just have to forgive me for not following your sentiment.

• Like 1

I personally try not to combat log (especially in areas where I deserve to be shot), but I will absolutely not blame anyone for logging out if they find themselves caught in the middle of a bunch of immature KoS'ers who only want to kill you for killing's sake. I have no patience for that crap at all, and any opportunity one gets to combat log so that the KoS'er can't reap the "enjoyment" of killing said individual should do it. I simply will not allow a KoS'er to be amused at MY expense. If all you die hard "Thou shalt not combat log" individuals want to give that CoD 12 year old kid the satisfaction of KoS'ing you, be my guest. You'll just have to forgive me for not following your sentiment.

Then don't play a game populated mostly by people who shoot what they see. Also, don't try to justify being a coward because you don't feel that other people are playing the game incorrectly.

• Like 1

There is NO honor among thieves.  Especially when you are up against a some slimy hacker or some jack ass with an infinite magazine.  Again, PLAY YOUR GAME however you want.  You paid for it, do your thing.  Screw what ever anyone else says.

Edited by Barnabus

Then don't play a game populated mostly by people who shoot what they see. Also, don't try to justify being a coward because you don't feel that other people are playing the game incorrectly.

What kind of circular logic is that?  You say combat logging is an incorrect style of play don't you?  This has nothing to do with cowardice.   Before you accuse me of it read the post below.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211823-you-had-to-say-hello-with-a-bullet/

My point is that no one appointed you or elected you to be the morality/style of play police of DayZ.  You don't get to tell people what is the right style of play, you can have an opinion but you don't get to tell people what to do.  If you don't like it then tough.   There is NO right style of play.  What are you going to do to combat loggers?  Give them a ticket?  Write a harshly worded thread about them in the forums?  Jeez, get a GRIP stop taking this GAME so frigging seriously you guys.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Get off your hypocritical high horse, buddy. If you're going to defend their right to play how they want to play, you ought to also defend everyone else's right to log off so that the KoS'er can't enjoy the satisfaction of killing them. Players have just as much a right to deter KoS'ing as the KoS'er has to KoS. I know you think you're hot stuff hiding behind an internet profile accusing other individuals of cowardice, but you've got no one convinced. 

• Like 3

What kind of circular logic is that?  You say combat logging is an incorrect style of play don't you?  This has nothing to do with cowardice.   Before you accuse me of it read the post below.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211823-you-had-to-say-hello-with-a-bullet/

I loved the part in there that you said that he was a bad shot but you took 10 SKS rounds to kill him.

You have my beans.

Get off your hypocritical high horse, buddy. If you're going to defend their right to play how they want to play, you ought to also defend everyone else's right to log off so that the KoS'er can't enjoy the satisfaction of killing them. Players have just as much a right to deter KoS'ing as the KoS'er has to KoS. I know you think you're hot stuff hiding behind an internet profile accusing other individuals of cowardice, but you've got no one convinced. 

Rick doesn't have to convince me... You're an obvious coward.. Stop lying to yourself. If someone wants to kill you, you fight back, you run or you die. Combat logging is not an option.

• Like 7

Combat logging is not an option.

Says who? You? I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo that you were the DayZ authority around here...

All I'm saying is that I will not fault anyone for logging out to avoid a KoS'er, or especially a hacker. You can disagree with me, that's fine, but leave your "coward" talk to yourself. It doesn't make you sound macho at all. 

• Like 2

Says who? You? I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo that you were the DayZ authority around here...

All I'm saying is that I will not fault anyone for logging out to avoid a KoS'er, or especially a hacker. You can disagree with me, that's fine, but leave your "coward" talk to yourself. It doesn't make you sound macho at all. 

So basically, what you're saying is that you "will not fault anyone for shutting off the game to avoid someone else playing the game"...maybe you're not playing a game that suits you. KoS'ing is a legit play style no matter if you like it or not. It's not about me wanting to sound "macho". It's about you playing a damn survival game and logging off when someone seems threatening. 

You sir, are a coward.

• Like 1

Killing on sight is a realistic option in the game and a legitimate style of play; combat logging is not. It is simply leaving the game because you're too afraid of losing your character. KoSing could happen in real life if some hypothetical zombie/virus apocalypse happened, combat logging could not. 

I combat logged once when I was new, before the 30s timer was added. It made me feel like shit - because it's a shitty thing to do. Never again.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

arma 3's breaking point mod has an awesome feature for pussies who DC in combat...when you log out, your character stands up for 45 seconds. if they die in that time, well, they're dead. makes it so they can only log out in a safe area.

it's no wonder that without the proper penalty in place, all of the cowards have flocked to this game. the fact that there is a stickied thread about KoS is a testament to these babies.

• Like 2

Once I got shot in a barracks building and my friend was in the hall outside the room. he logged soon as I was down. I proceeded to harass him and call him names on voip and steam until he logged in and got shot by the guy. After that, I didn't bother asking him to play with me much.

either i am dead or they are or i can run would cover 99% of all KoS contacts for me.

sure there could be situations in the game (or any other)  where you will log out for whatever reasons are enough for you (i do it to get away from trolls for instance).

it always depends on the situation.

while i would leave a server when i know a hacker is on i had a few hilarious experiences in dayz with hackers which i would not like to miss.

did not play enough SA to meet one and am not eager to do so.

lets not forget the topic started with a certain event/story. so the extreme examples are not the real topic i think.

the general in game coward who combat logs to cover his in game faults or in game laziness is a lazy in game coward.

• Like 1

So basically, what you're saying is that you "will not fault anyone for shutting off the game to avoid someone else playing the game"

What I'm saying is that it is everyone's right to not grant DayZ trolls, whether they be in the form of a hacker or a KoS'er, the amusement of ruining the fun of this game. There's no reason for a fully geared player/clan to randomly kill a fresh spawn who only has the shirt on his back and a shovel. And no one is obligated to make themselves become fuel for trolls. If you enjoy being their food, be my guest buddy. 

You sir, are a coward

You've made only 15 posts, and the only posts I've seen have had insults in them. Insulting people doesn't make your opinion any stronger, and it certainly doesn't make you sound very intelligent either. Keep up the insults and your time here won't be very long. 

It is simply leaving the game because you're too afraid of losing your character.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. It's not in fear of losing one's character, it's in retaliation against trolls, including hackers, who do not deserve the satisfaction of being a troll.  If all I have is a ladybug backpack filled with a few generic items, I'm not afraid of losing my character one bit. So that's not the reason for logging off. 

Edited by Chepaco

Killing on sight does not make you a troll. Holy cow, what a bunch of babies.

Even if a cheater kills you, so what? It's annoying, but it's gonna happen eventually anyway. What's the problem, you have to go find more equipment? That's the entire point of the game. Collecting stuff.

If anything, blame BattlEye for being ten steps behind the cheaters and yourself for wanting to play a video game with assault rifles and shotguns where everyone lives in harmony.

• Like 4

What I'm saying is that it is everyone's right to not grant DayZ trolls, whether they be in the form of a hacker or a KoS'er, the amusement of ruining the fun of this game. There's no reason for a fully geared player/clan to randomly kill a fresh spawn who only has the shirt on his back and a shovel. And no one is obligated to make themselves become fuel for trolls. If you enjoy being their food, be my guest buddy. 

You've made only 15 posts, and the only posts I've seen have had insults in them. Insulting people doesn't make your opinion any stronger, and it certainly doesn't make you sound very intelligent either. Keep up the insults and your time here won't be very long. 

No, that's not what I'm talking about. It's not in fear of losing one's character, it's in retaliation against trolls, including hackers, who do not deserve the satisfaction of being a troll.  If all I have is a ladybug backpack filled with a few generic items, I'm not afraid of losing my character one bit. So that's not the reason for logging off. 

I didn't mean to insult you. I was just stating a fact. If someone takes candy from a baby, he's an assh*le. If someone combat logs, he's a coward. It's really that simple.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Maybe you should log out before you get hurt even more. ;)

• Like 1

lol @ Kos = troll

i seriously don't know why people that think this crap even play this game. this is like playing GTA and calling someone a troll when they steal your car.

• Like 1

Killing on sight does not make you a troll. 

No one said it does. Holy cow.

Not all KoS'ers are trolls, but all trolls are KoS'ers. I don't think people realize that I don't have a problem with KoS'ing in general. It's the trolling-because-I'm-bored kind of KoS'ing that I have no patience with, and I'm under no obligation to entertain those individuals with my existence in game. 

• Like 1