Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Anyone using the Blaze 95?

I don't get the point of "it's good for hunting". A makarov is as good as the blaze for hunting...

It's all about range, IRL approaching an animal below 50m is really difficult. In Dayz you can approach an animal up to 10m before it starts running away. A handgun has an effective range of 50m meters, a blaze can hit up to 400m.

Remember that not all items in DayZ are useful, some are useful for those who role play. I usually look for the most efficient item based on my play style but some don't give a shit at efficiency, they want to RP and carrying a blaze, a cowboy hat and a chest holster with a .357 looks good.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 1

It's all about range, IRL approaching an animal below 50m is really difficult. In Dayz you can approach an animal up to 10m before it starts running away. A handgun has an effective range of 50m meters, a blaze can hit up to 400m.

Remember that not all items in DayZ are useful, some are useful for those who role play. I usually look for the most efficient item based on my play style but some don't give a shit at efficiency, they want to RP and carrying a blaze, a cowboy hat and a chest holster with a .357 looks good.

Yeah I get that some people like to RP, I myself like to mix efficiency with RP. I thought this post was made concerning efficiency so that's why I don't see the point.

The Blaze right now is the most accurate weapon in the game, with pinpoint accuracy out to 300m (most firefights are within 50m to 200m), very little recoil, very user-friendly iron sights (what other firearm allows you to reliably fight at night?), as well as being capable of hitting like a goddamn truck. It is economical in ammunition, and with snaploaders and a steady hand, you can put twice as many shots downrange than with the Mosin.

I've gotten far, FAR more kills with the Blaze than with literally any other weapon in the game. So long as you know what you are doing, it can be a very effective CQB weapon (fire two rounds at once, it is almost like a shotgun but with farther range), as well as being able to "reach out" to 500 meters reliably with a little practice.

Using a Blaze 95 and a set of brass-cast balls, I've outsniped "snipers", as well as outshot "spray and pray" M4/AKM/AK101-wielding bad asses.

It is far from being a "useless, inefficient gun"

Does anyone use the Blaze 95? I mean, when you are "in reach" of SKS or something?

What's actually the meaning of this gun? There are better rifles that are as easy or even easier to get. Mkay, it looks cool in combination with a cowboy hat... but that's all (?)

What do you mean "Better"? An AK or an SKS might have larger ammunition capacity, but I've got to search military bases for ammunition. I've picked up enough 7.62x54mm for weeks of play running through Novo once

• Like 1

I love using the Blaze 95 because I think double rifles are lovely!

More than that, as I've seen others say, I think it's nice that we aren't limited to simply having a steady progression of firearms. I like guns with character even if on a utilitarian basis I should drop it when I come across an objectively superior weapon.

I love using the Blaze 95 because I think double rifles are lovely!

More than that, as I've seen others say, I think it's nice that we aren't limited to simply having a steady progression of firearms. I like guns with character even if on a utilitarian basis I should drop it when I come across an objectively superior weapon.

Style doesn't necessarily mean "not effective", a blaze can be as deadly as a M4 in the right hands. Last week after the Great Wipe I headed to NWAF to find the gear I needed, I approached the site from the NE where there's a nest at the entrance. There was a guy in the nest fully geared, I had no ammo for my CR527 and a stun baton with no battery, I run round the nest, he pulls out his M4 and stands about 20 meters away from the nest waiting for me to run away in order for him to easily shoot me. Instead I just ran right on him then in circles around him, he emptied 2 mags hitting nothing but thin air, then he pulled out his pickaxe and I thought it was time for me to flee. Good gear doesn't make you a better player, definitely not.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor

The Blaze is perfectly fine, you get two shots without the need of a mag with plenty of stopping power without the need to bolt. Also it uses a very common ammunition. For those of us who don't like getting into firefights in Milzones, weapons like the Blaze, Mosin, etc. are great because they are plenty capable of killing assault rifle wielding players but don't require us to confront them to obtain. Ammunition and rifles from this class can be sourced without ever stepping foot in a barracks or jail. While it may blow some people's mind to pass on "best gun in the game!" this is a rational trade-off that some players can make between maximum efficiency in PVP situations to something that is perfectly functional and less risky to obtain/maintain. The biggest problem with the SKS/CZ rifles is that their ammunition is less common in non-military settings while it's very easy to keep a blaze/mosin/shotgun fueled from civilian/industrial areas.

I think i'v killed another player with pretty much every weapons besides for the Cr75 and Blaze. I usually find one after i'v found a mosin, or if i do find one and take it i wouldn't hesitate to drop it for a mosin or SKS(unless i had more ammo for the blaze) I just see it as an inferior weapon to all those other ones in every single way (besides the CR275 maybe due to how rare the mags are at the moment)

The CR375 rifle is still VERY bad even against zeds sometimes compared to the higher powered SKS. Even if you shoot a zed on the body your not guaranteed an instant one shot kill like you would have with the SKS. That and being restricted to iron sights without the help of a scope and not being able to take a full 10 rounds like the SKS can make it not as desirable by any means necessary.

The only way anyone is going to appreciate some of the lesser weapons is if they pretty much nailed it down to maybe like 20 guns per server or something stupid like that.

The Blaze right now is the most accurate weapon in the game, with pinpoint accuracy out to 300m (most firefights are within 50m to 200m), very little recoil, very user-friendly iron sights (what other firearm allows you to reliably fight at night?), as well as being capable of hitting like a goddamn truck. It is economical in ammunition, and with snaploaders and a steady hand, you can put twice as many shots downrange than with the Mosin.

Actually, the Blaze is the 3rd accurate gun in the game ;)

dispersions:

Ruger  0.0019
Mosin: 0.0025
Blaze:  0.004

but I think the major "turn-off" of the B95 is the lack of any attachment and/or optic for it.

The CR375 rifle is still VERY bad even against zeds sometimes compared to the higher powered SKS. Even if you shoot a zed on the body your not guaranteed an instant one shot kill like you would have with the SKS. That and being restricted to iron sights without the help of a scope and not being able to take a full 10 rounds like the SKS can make it not as desirable by any means necessary.

The only way anyone is going to appreciate some of the lesser weapons is if they pretty much nailed it down to maybe like 20 guns per server or something stupid like that.

Isn't it generally the case in DayZ that damage is based on the ammunition used? In such a case there's no reason the CZ527 would have less power than the SKS. I can still see someone (myself) using the CZ527 if that's the weapon I found and had a mag for. I'd be tempted to switch to a Blaze or Mosin though for ammunition security.

Edited by Ebrim

I used the blaze for the first time the other day. I usually drop it for a mosin, but this time I just kept it. Then I spotted a fully geared guy half way across cherno climbing a tower to snipe.

To my surprise one shot knocked him unconcious. The fall off the ladder finished him. It was only a 200m shot, but it was smooth and easy and dead on accurate.

I need to try the blaze more before committing to any statement fully, but if it continues to knock people out in 1 shot even at range, then I'll take it over an ak.

I can't tell you how many times a mosin shot just made the guy bleed. My target would be behind cover or at least zig zagging before the mosin could fire again.

Actually, the Blaze is the 3rd accurate gun in the game ;)

dispersions:

Ruger  0.0019
Mosin: 0.0025
Blaze:  0.004

but I think the major "turn-off" of the B95 is the lack of any attachment and/or optic for it.

Really? I've always found the Blaze to be more accurate than the Mosin. It probably has to do with the more accessible iron sights on the Blaze....

Isn't it generally the case in DayZ that damage is based on the ammunition used? In such a case there's no reason the CZ527 would have less power than the SKS. I can still see someone (myself) using the CZ527 if that's the weapon I found and had a mag for. I'd be tempted to switch to a Blaze or Mosin though for ammunition security.

Not sure but the CZ527 has nothing but given me negative feelings over the SKS so far. And i do like the bolt action guns sometimes but when it caries the same ammo but it less effective than an SKS its time to drop it and find something better before you get killed.

Iv shot zeds in the chest and dropped them with the SKS. With the CZ527 its a BIG gamble especially when you have to reload the bolt gun every time you fire allowing them a good amount of time to get the jump on you.

Think of it this way. If we start getting zeds in groups of 3 or more being more common which are you going to want? The SKS with rapid fire 10 round capabilities, scope, and bayonet option or the limited CZ527 with limited reload capabilities, iron sight only option and no way to melee without switching weapons when needed?

Edited by Deathlove

I'm a fan of the Blaze as I've never been interested in fully-automatic weapons.
However, I'll often replace it with a Mosin given the chance.

I think the Blaze is great though, I like painting it black and if I feel confident keep it with me.
I love the iron sights, the range, the accuracy, the double barrels and the abundance of ammo.
Whilst the Mosin has greater capacity, range and likely accuracy, I wouldn't brand the Blaze as useless.

I like to have a Rifle (Mosin or Blaze), a Sawn-Off, a Handgun and an Axe or Machete.
I've recently hit a snag as the MP5 has been tugging on my heart strings.

I'm a fan of the Blaze as I've never been interested in fully-automatic weapons.

However, I'll often replace it with a Mosin given the chance.

I think the Blaze is great though, I like painting it black and if I feel confident keep it with me.

I love the iron sights, the range, the accuracy, the double barrels and the abundance of ammo.

Whilst the Mosin has greater capacity, range and likely accuracy, I wouldn't brand the Blaze as useless.

I like to have a Rifle (Mosin or Blaze), a Sawn-Off, a Handgun and an Axe or Machete.

I've recently hit a snag as the MP5 has been tugging on my heart strings.

The MP5K can save your ass in a tight spot though i wouldn't underestimate its short range efficiency. Plus you can store it in your pack concealed. If you had to get a Automatic at least pick up a portable SMG when you can lol. They are better than pistols in some respect.

Really? I've always found the Blaze to be more accurate than the Mosin. It probably has to do with the more accessible iron sights on the Blaze....

that's what I'm thinking, too :D

but the Sporter/Ruger 10/22 has the best iron-sights, IMO. They're very clear and also totally accurate (there is a tiny tiny little piece at the top of the diamond-shaped area of the ironsights, which shows where the bullet will 99% of the time go on 200m+. While most other iron-sights are bigger (and therefore more "inaccurate" at ranges), the Ruger translates its game-file-accuracy perfectly to the game, while the Mosin has a good game-file-accuracy, but the iron-sights are sometimes to big to take advantage of the accuracy)

at 1:37

Edited by irishroy

500h of play didnt find even one mp5k and didnt encounter guy with mp5k.  I starting to think why this gun in damn game.

found my 3rd today.

still not found a mag for one so left it behind.

Blaze 95 is exactly my type of gun, high power, accurate, versatile and unforgiving. 

• Like 1

i will often take the blaze, because i went through a period when i could find nothing else (.47) and it has saved my arse many times, but it is often a toss up between the blaze and the mosin for me, purely because i am the best shot in my group, but i will often play solo and RP with the blaze, just cos it is such a nice gun.

I find the blaze very accurate up to 300 meters.  To me it is a very nice start off weapon espically with the snap loader and it is paintable too.

The blaze is a versatile gun, a mix between a rifle and a shotgun. It s effective at long range (400m vs 50m) and precise which is not the case for a shotgun and yet you have the same stopping power. It s a great rifle if you didnt find a SKS and if you need to be effective at both close and long range. If you re playing in a group the blaze will allow you to help your mates in pretty much any situation, if you re on your own and fighting more than one opponent in close quarters you will probably die.

If proper implementation of a pump shotgun including rapid ammo changes (and re-introduction of slug rounds), I would carry only that.

As for the Blaze, that is my go-to long rifle when I don't want a sniper set up. It's handy for somewhat close range shots including a fast follow-up. The round is usually a one-hit take-down if not kill. It's accurate out to usable ranges. And it's viewed as somewhat less threatening than an LRS-equipped Mosin.

Edited by Grindstone