harteman

Goodbye Balota barracks

w00t?

They took out the barracks for military gear i guess. *Shrugs* Idk personally im having server issues of finding no loot. Im verifying the integrity of my cache to try and fix things lol.

They took out the barracks for military gear i guess. *Shrugs* Idk personally im having server issues of finding no loot. Im verifying the integrity of my cache to try and fix things lol.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Edit: I mean, I understand the DEV's intention behind this (making Balota more a "civilian" airport and there is still the mil. base in the Woods, so there is a military-balance with the Balota-Tent-city, the civilian airfield and the mil.-Base in the Woods (WEST) and the NE AF & Novo in the East).

but still: http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

the mil. Base in the woods will be more crowded and a place for server-hoppers.

Well, at least I know where I'll go Hopper-hunting with the lever-action-rifle in the future

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 4

WHY!!??

First they get rid of North East Airfield loot so we have to head down south to get loot, now we can finally spawn down south and we finally can get military loot THEY REMOVE THE BUILDINGS, so now we either have to spend 30 minutes running to northwest which still only has like 4 barracks or find Chopper crash sites for Military loot I mean honestly WHY 

Edited by SkinnyFark
  • Like 3

The game needs to be harder, its not fun if you spawn and get insta geared,

• Like 16

I was a bit pissy about all this at first. Now I'm ok with it.

Pretty much every looting method is tougher in 0.49. It's hard to tell whether a barracks has been looted or not because so little stuff spawns there in the first place. Heli crashes are an absolute b*tch to find in the first place, never mind actually finding an M4.

It just raises the stakes about staying alive that much more. And taken together with the wipe, it should mean that there's less incentive to blindly PvP, and more to team up in order to survive.

• Like 1

Before you could spawn, get basic gear and military gear in about 15minutes.

Now you spawn, basic gear up enough to survive travel and weather, which takes time in which you need to survive the other bambis in the area... then you can travel 15min to NW airfield to where the other semi geared and geared players are, which is of course dangerous, once you survive that for awhile you are geared.

2nd model makes more sense for a survival game.... no?

• Like 3

Let me see, why would Mil gear be gone from the coast, maybe to stop all the bandits from trolling the coast, killing newbies that have no chance to fight back, just maybe?

Try looking for something that isn't "military" ? I mean, you guys just want to look like Rambo in a couple of hours.. try something like...a "civilian survivor stranded in the end of the world with Infected people trying to kill you" type of look.

• Like 8

They're moving the mil stuff away from the coast. Perfect!

Let the deathmatching bambies and various noobs fight it out on the coast with axes and bats.

With the "new" camp west of Myshkino, the Veresnik base, the NWA and the soon to follow huge-ass military base in the far northwest, the high grade military stuff is concentrated up there, which is a good thing.  

• Like 1

Dam these dev's giving you over 270 sq km of reworked map and expecting you to use it, what were they thinking?

• Like 5

Because this game isn't about getting epic lootz FTW.

• Like 5

There are more than enough SKSs and Mosins lying around for this to not bother me.  I don't mind running for an AK101.  I'm pretty excited to see how the civilian airports turn out.

• Like 1

This game not only about looting for military things. This is just begining they will make alot of changing to minimize pvp as possible as they can. I expecting more major changes in future I have not problem with it. Server hoppers and who thinks this game is COD they will get sad.

• Like 1

It just raises the stakes about staying alive that much more. And taken together with the wipe, it should mean that there's less incentive to blindly PvP, and more to team up in order to survive.

The overall feel of the game has changed massively for the better with the wipe and deployment of 0.49 to Stable. At least, in my opinion it has. The game is beginning to acquire more and more of a purpose for extended gameplay.

Try looking for something that isn't "military" ? I mean, you guys just want to look like Rambo in a couple of hours.. try something like...a "civilian survivor stranded in the end of the world with Infected people trying to kill you" type of look.

Given how differently people can treat you based on clothing, there are advantages to not being fully military in appearance as well. It's certainly not necessary to be in full military gear in order to carry everything you need or to effectively defend yourself, and you can choose clothing in colors that still "hide" you in the wilderness if need be.

I have confirmation from Rocket that it was done specifically to annoy you

I wish I could quote this a million times. Good stuff.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

It's still pretty easy to find military loot. Took me one trip to Veresnik to have full Gorka uniform, ballistic helmet, AK101 + mag, about 50 rounds of 5.56, assault vest and my all-time favorite thing, Redpunk boots. And I left an SKS, Blaze and crossbow, plus more ammo for them.

So... where's that world's smallest violin?

I thought it was just the military tents that got moved.. Is this on experimental?

WHY!!??

First they get rid of North East Airfield loot so we have to head down south to get loot, now we can finally spawn down south and we finally can get military loot THEY REMOVE THE BUILDINGS, so now we either have to spend 30 minutes running to northwest which still only has like 4 barracks or find Chopper crash sites for Military loot I mean honestly WHY 

Your only post. Now your going to have to work for your gear. Or your trolling.