LimeMobber

.49 Is not an improvement

4. Melee weapons still hit nowhere near where you are aiming.

Lets pick this one. Yes, its totally correct. And yes, its a feature. Melee weapons don't hit where you aim - they hit where you direct your weapon. That pretty obvious with the Combat Knife (Yep - found one! guess what I was looking for - pistol mags. Guess what I didn't find.) as it clearly hits far to the right of that little white dot.
  • Like 1

As always, 49 fixed some big bugs (like duping), but introduced many new ones, like reload bug (a magazine is impossible to reload) or inventory bug (items stay in backpack sometimes when you want to drop them or switch etc. Also what's up with naked Vybor spawn glitch? Now 3 times out of 5 after I die I spawn in Vybor naked. Is it related to the fact that servers restart every 2 minutes? Also "waiting" screen bugs (or feature) even after server restart you have to wait 3 minutes to join a new server. Rubberbanding is back too (in some cases), but haven't experienced it personally.

And I suppose it will take them another 6 months to LISTEN to community once again and fix broken scopes because it is impossible to hold breath now.

the-elephant-in-the-room-original-19JpX1

If zombies are killing you, maybe you just suck at the game. ;c

Edited by Grimey Rick

MaxRain, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:32 PM, said:

As always, 49 fixed some big bugs (like duping), but introduced many new ones, like reload bug (a magazine is impossible to reload) or inventory bug (items stay in backpack sometimes when you want to drop them or switch etc. Also what's up with naked Vybor spawn glitch? Now 3 times out of 5 after I die I spawn in Vybor naked. Is it related to the fact that servers restart every 2 minutes? Also "waiting" screen bugs (or feature) even after server restart you have to wait 3 minutes to join a new server. Rubberbanding is back too (in some cases), but haven't experienced it personally.

And I suppose it will take them another 6 months to LISTEN to community once again and fix broken scopes because it is impossible to hold breath now.

Rubberbanding is still there, though not as bad as it has been in the past, at least as far as I have seen so far. I don't know if that is an improvement or just me not being in the right place to be rubbberbanded worse.

spawn in Vybor naked.

Best spawn ever IMO. 3 minutes from NWAF

• Like 1

Best spawn ever IMO. 3 minutes from NWAF

They should make it a proper spawn imho. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not really finding this playable personally.

I spawn in vybor on our server every time, I am naked, no rags, nothing. Die within 15 minutes - maybe 20 if I get some clothes near the end of the hypothermic stage, but by then it's too late anyhow.

On the odd occasion I do live because I got lucky and found decent clothing, I usually get some other glaring bug on server restarts - doors cannot be opened etc..

I don't see how melee was fixed. Still getting hit after zombies are dead too.

Going early access you really need to think about marketing and what you're going to provide people to play during the alpha - personally I see DayZ as a perfect example of why not to do it. I can understand the development cycle and everything, but in terms of playability.

What good is a zombie apocalypse shooter where the zombies are so bugged ? 40 ppl per server and the single thing that alleviates the boredom and monotony of just running from place to place are the zombies.

Sure perhaps the other one is loot (at least until you are kitted up) but the loot has had huge issues too.

Get the zombies fixed and you'd fix 50% of the complaints. Loot would be next - if we still have melee issues, people could forgive that kind of thing.

Zombies and loot are why we're here in alpha right now. We understand there's no vehicles, no base building, etc..

The glaring bugs in this build just seem to overwhelm any sense of gameplay imo.

Take a look at the NPC's in "the forest" alpha, they are 10x better and they have a 4 person team, so please...

"we" as in you and the op? Seriously, if you read my previous post I pretty much say that .49 is "worse" than .48 and explain why. You only read the last sentence though. zombies hit through walls just as much in 48 btw so I'm not sure of your point apart from crying on the internet.

No.

I don't have inner voices...

WE as in the people pointing out that zombies just pass through walls and doors and up through floors.

LimeMobber, on 18 Sept 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Been playing since the update and the game is not an improvement.

2. Hopping zombies still attack through walls and often hide within them while attacking.

And being blamed for it. Like its our version of the game.

QUAZIMOFO, on 18 Sept 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

I disagree with OP. 0.49 is a vast improvement. If you're having issues with zombies then you need to just blame yourself, not the game. Sure there aare a few glitches but they are easy to deal with and all the content added makes the game more awesome.

Ofc I expect them to be hard.

But I DONT expect them to pass through walls and doors like ghosts.

THAT was the point.

NOT the doors opening and closing sounding way cool.

Tho it makes getting killed so much nicer.

Now im done debating with idiots. I will only end up being beaten by experience.

No.

I don't have inner voices...

WE as in the people pointing out that zombies just pass through walls and doors and up through floors.

LimeMobber, on 18 Sept 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Been playing since the update and the game is not an improvement.

2. Hopping zombies still attack through walls and often hide within them while attacking.

And being blamed for it. Like its our version of the game.

QUAZIMOFO, on 18 Sept 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

I disagree with OP. 0.49 is a vast improvement. If you're having issues with zombies then you need to just blame yourself, not the game. Sure there aare a few glitches but they are easy to deal with and all the content added makes the game more awesome.

Ofc I expect them to be hard.

But I DONT expect them to pass through walls and doors like ghosts.

THAT was the point.

NOT the doors opening and closing sounding way cool.

Tho it makes getting killed so much nicer.

Now im done debating with idiots. I will only end up being beaten by experience.

you're not debating and i'm not an idiot. stick to flappy bird or whatever.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

Zombie vision and AI is still very inconsistent. I'm not sure if it was tweaked at all. Sometimes they seem blind as a bat, and other times they literally spot you from 500 meters away through bushes and trees, and start running at you. Tonight, i was scouting the area from on top of the big factory in Chernogorsk and for some reason i kept attracting zombies on the ground, from way up there. I was not shooting.

Overall i think it's a great patch. I like the new temperature system a lot, it just seems inconsistent as well. It has added a much needed depth to the game tho.

Uh, I'm the biggest DayZ cynic you'll ever meet, and even I will admit this patch has been a huge improvement. 

/thread.

I mean, Grimey Rick isnt the biggest cynic in a thread. Im stunned.

Guys, please don't take my post personal now, i dont mean to offend anyone of you, but i have to ask you a simple question: "Do you follow the development process of the alpha you are participating in at all?"

Like, do you read devblogs, do you read status reports. Are you following the Devs on Twitter, Reddit or Twitch, do you actually know what they are working on and how things function inside of the game? If not, you might be simply wrong here.

I mean, its like many people just dont get that they are not playing a game yet. Everytime a patch comes out, they ask basic questions already answered numerous times, ask whats new whilst quoting a post linking to the patchnotes, wondering every wendesday why there are no servers and demand after every update to "fix the zombies", and the elite of those people open a thread on the forums yelling "THIS SHIT DOESNT WORK" while "This shit" reffers to something mentioned under "known issues" in the patchnotes.

To let you know, the Zombies made good improvements over the last patches since the navmesh was initially released. Yeah, they can still enter certain buldings, but often its related to a bug with door state and client server communication, which is new. Melee got improved, but some people still report massive issues. I personally tried to melee like the devs mentioned how they plan to implement melee ( rather look at weapon swing instead of crosshair ) and it works just fine for me. And thats just two aspects of zombies. I didnt mention the collision mechanics, the respawning, the sensors behaviour and all that stuff. "Fix the Zombies" is something no dev on this world can work with.

You know, when you play an alpha, it is much less dissapointing when you know where they are working on, what will come next and how big the next steps are gonna be. That being said, you should be really following the channels the devs offer to you. You know, DayZ doesnt work like "I payed, i wanna play, and if its shit i'm angry".

So, can you explain the basics of central loot economy to me? Can you tell me how the navmesh works? Do you remember what the single one big new feature of 0.47 was and ( hint here!!! ) can you distinguish between item persistance and persistant storage? If not, why? Its all public on several channels.

If you're not interested in following the development process, why do you buy a game in development?

Sorry for the rant, but it's exhausting.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

For me .49 is a HUGE improvement.

Yes, I agree, there are many flaws. ALPHA. But let me collect just a couple improvements:

1. Melee combat improved about 400% with this patch. Yeah, it's still not perfect, but compared to how it was prior to .49 it's just GLORIOUS. Hell, weapons other than a firefighter axe kill zombies! Before, every melee weapon that was not an axe was USELESS. Now they all work.

2. Zombies. They are still dumb as fck and they still ignore you at some times. There are still far to few of them around. BUT: They are not invisible any longer, they don't glitch through walls half as much as they used to AND they start to become at least some kind of danger. Want an example? I took this screenshot today. Tryed to revive the poor guy but it was too late. It's the first time since I play the standalone (1oo hours+) that I've seen another player (that is not a bambi) killed by a zombie.

3. Loot. Not everyone is running around with an M4. (Good) weapons are now somewhat rare. And gosh, we have working (!) non-lethal weapons! Sadly, still by far too much food and too many melee weapons. But respawning is finally working at a decent level.

4. Doors. Even though they are not synching correctly (open for player A, closed for player B ) it adds SO MUCH atmosphere to the game NOT TO KNOW if a building has been looted already... The world is finally getting some "action"!

5. Temperature. Honestly, I love the system. It finally starts to feel something like a "struggle for survival". Not everyone survives but you have to watch guides and figure out how things work. Of cause, it's still easy to survive, but gosh, you can see where this game is going!

6. Random events. I'm a fan. Helicopters, police cars. Can't wait for trucks, planes, trains, ships... we need a living world not some static mesh everyone knows by hard.

As I say, the game is FAR FAR AWAY from perfect. But it's getting there. Calm down and wait, don't whine so much...

Edited by DerDuderich
  • Like 2

Most times if you think the rest of the world is wrong then...well.. you get the idea

They should stop saying the have "fixed" something, becaus they havnt fix anything.

Make it like Me... go off for 6 Month and then have a look, the worsd thing is, i am back after  6 Month and the game is the same way bugged and sometimes not playable like 6 month ago^^.

And i bet after 6 Month for now it will be bugged even after Releas. I could be wrong... maybe

Ran into about 25 zeds I've killed and almost every one only took one swing of an axe. Have also looked zeds in or out of houses however it's still glitchy and in some cases get through a closed door, still a vast improvement from a month ago.

• Like 2

You confused "improvement" with "solved all issues". I hope you will never become a teacher or team leader because that would just be horrible for everyone.

Spot on, you saved me from typing something really long. I hate people like the OP he must be trolling.

This topic is of no use and is non-constructive. Use the designated topic.

Locked.

idiots. I will only end up being beaten by experience.

(That saying is so old, my mother would share it on facebook.)
Please do not call other users idiots.

• Like 1