SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Pitchfork isn't useless. It's a one-shot-kill when hitting the head.

Most ppl make the mistake to sway it at the enemy but instead you have to wait until the animation goes from sway to stab. It's a little tricky but very effective

The animation breaks completely if you strafe left and attack at the same time, this also happens with other melee weapons but on the pitchfork its glaring. Really annoying to use it imo, such artificial dificulty

Anyone else notice that the sewing kit does not seem to be repairing anything now?  It says "you have successfully mended......"  but the item still says badly damaged. I tried it on Hunter pants and a fire fighter jacket.  Nnow i realize the fire fighter jacket could be an item that is not able to be meneded but it says it was sucessfully mended rather than saying that it can not be mended. 

Yeah, noticed it to.. Doesn't work anymore.

Mend it and then take the item on and off.

I've noticed that you can also remove an item or place an item in the clothing that you just mended and it will update the status

This build has kind of changed my looting priorities.

Same. I'm focusing less and less on military items.

• Like 1

I was wearing a tactical shirt, wellies, hunter pants, gloves and a bandana. Wringing your clothes seems broken at the moment. But indeed, I now carry extra clothing if I fnd it. Good thing is they act like a container so in fact don't take up any extra room in your gear. You seem to need something like a shirt or hoodie and a raincoat / Gorka coat. Not sure if the SSK jacket is also waterproof.

I've noticed that the tactical shirt isn't the *most* insulating, but it's also my main shirt. I also carry a rain jacket in my backpack just in case and I'm pretty sure that beanies help a bit (at least I've been choosing them over hats for the warmth). Wringing out your clothes does work but indeed needs some fixing. You need to repeatedly wring out whatever items that you can until the option is no longer there. You'll notice that the inventory screen message will go from "Soaked" to "Wet" and then onto "Damp". I recommend doing it with a weapon in hand because then it skips the animation. Yeah - it's sort of a glitch, but I highly doubt you're supposed to have to wring out a piece of clothing 10 times.

Yeah, noticed it to.. Doesn't work anymore.

It does work, but you either have to take the piece of clothing in question on and off or move an item to or from it. 

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Lots of people are kicking on public servers for no reason now. With the new options for private hives can more be done about the public hive kickers please

I just trieda da new melee hit Detection..

I smeared my Axe ova da whole zombie, and it didnt worked out well, you guys need to go deeeeeeper!! and detect whot da problem, is with da hit detekshon..

greeting from Uganda.

My friend and I had the same annoying bug yesterday. Can't snipe sh*t past 300 meters without holding breath.

Sad day. It's better be a bug...

Yea, this is annoying as fuck, can't do shit without being able to hold the breath because of the weapon sway.

I've made a bug report of it, vote it up!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=17060

I had a problem today due to which me and my friend had to stop playing for now. So I died, and then he died... nothing too bad. But then we tried to respawn. We couldn't. Well I could, I somehow got past the problem, but my friend didn't.

So what happened? We were dead, clicking restart. After the 30 second timer, we would get the screen message "Please wait..." for about a second, before the screen would just go back to "You're dead" again. That would happen several times in a row.

After I actually managed to respawn, I think I know why it might have happened - Somehow all respawns suddenly were in Vybor (you know, where you spawn stark naked). I believe that you would die if you'd spawn exactly where another bambi was already standing. Which was pretty much always. So die, wait, die again, rinse and repeat. It's pretty annoying.

Needs a fix, that one.

How come there is no testserver with pvp disabled?

What? There's no such thing in DayZ as no PVP, it isn't even an option. Even on experimental there are KoSers all over the fricking place.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

What? There's no such thing in DayZ as no PVP, it isn't even an option. Even on experimental there are KoSers all over the fricking place.

Yes there is. It´s called not shooting. Very simple and very useful when one tries out new things to ensure it´s not flawed or bugged. If people don´t want to play on such a server, they are most welcome to not enter.

• Like 1

How come there is no testserver with pvp disabled?

because enforcing those kind of rules goes against the whole ethos of the game. 

• Like 2

Yes there is. It´s called not shooting. Very simple and very useful when one tries out new things to ensure it´s not flawed or bugged. If people don´t want to play on such a server, they are most welcome to not enter.

Since when? Such a server is against the rules and the very idea of the game.

It is not our job, especially on stable, to test items and mechanics in the game on an individual basis. Hell, even experimental is for load/volume/stress testing. There are thousands of players attempting to try new things in the game and they all want to test it just as much as you so watch your back.  ;)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Since when? Such a server is against the rules and the very idea of the game.

It is not our job, especially on stable, to test items and mechanics in the game on an individual basis. Hell, even experimental is for load/volume/stress testing. There are thousands of players attempting to try new things in the game and they all want to test it just as much as you so watch your back.  ;)

Watch my back?

Well i guess it´s as it always ends up with the defence of pvp with claws and nails. Anything against it must be burned and killed by fire. Well sorry to say friend, but check serverlists and you will find servers where people are fed up with kos playstyles and they even reset servers in case of a player kill. I don´t understand the need for people to rage about people not wanting kos on everything, especially since they don´t even need play there. There are lots of servers that suits the oposite "playstyle"

Must be nice knowing that you will be less bothered now soon with private hives incoming, but during the wait i feel that a non pvp testserver would be benefitial. That´s only my opinion of course.

I knew things were going too well. I can't get on any server now. I just get kicked after 30 secs then get a battleye client not responding msg. Any ideas? I vaguely remember something similar and I maybe deleted the be folder? Can't remember exactly though.

Edited by freethink

I knew things were going too well. I can't get on any server now. I just get kicked after 30 secs then get a battleye client not responding msg. Any ideas?

I think the Battle eye is overstressed right now. If nothing else works, try rebooting the router.

You can also validate the files on steam as an extra atempt.

Edited by Grihm
  • Like 1

I still don't get the melee mechanics, are they really tracer based? Because the models still phase through objects/zeds/players if you aim with the animation.

It seems like, you gotta aim with your crosshair but guess where that actually is, because its not on the crosshair. So please, are we tracer based or just some sort of fucked up hitscan?

Edited by Avant-Garde

I still don't get the melee mechanics, are they really tracer based? Because the models still phase through objects/zeds/players if you aim with the animation.

It seems like, you gotta aim with your crosshair but guess where that actually is, because its not on the crosshair. So please, are we tracer based or just some sort of fucked up hitscan?

The only way i can hit more or less is to circle the zombie and keep swinging. If i get a jumper that hops past me i can get them with a backswing, but you miss basically 7 of 10 swings. Something is a bit off.

The only way i can hit more or less is to circle the zombie and keep swinging. If i get a jumper that hops past me i can get them with a backswing, but you miss basically 7 of 10 swings. Something is a bit off.

Yes, circle strafing and spaming is indeed an effective tactic lol, I do it everytime when things go out of control.

You can do a test to see how the tracer system (doesn't) work, for that you must stand in front of a pole or a tree, and then try to hit it with the very end or the begining of the animation. You will see your weapon phasing through said object. You gotta find a sweet spot in the animation where it actually deals damage, the baseball bat is great for this test since its an slash move that the survivor does.

In older builds, you could even hit things behind you when the attack animation was a "overhead", the weapon clearly would hit where it touched.

This pic here is a fine example of how the tracer system based melee should behave:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209229-status-report-week-of-25-august-14/

Only thing I know, its not like that in the game at the moment. I wonder how it works, and how they plan to work with this. Its my main interest in this game lol, and its a really important part of the gameplay imo, even more if they plan to make firearms rarer in the future. Now its totally guesswork!

because enforcing those kind of rules goes against the whole ethos of the game. 

Well said gentlemen. I'm not a PvP'er per se, but I would never ever want that aspect removed from the game. Not having it would be completely unrealistic.

but during the wait i feel that a non pvp testserver would be benefitial.

I have to ask: what are you "testing" exactly? I think "trying out" would be a better way of putting it.

• Like 2

Watch my back?

Well i guess it´s as it always ends up with the defence of pvp with claws and nails. Anything against it must be burned and killed by fire. Well sorry to say friend, but check serverlists and you will find servers where people are fed up with kos playstyles and they even reset servers in case of a player kill. I don´t understand the need for people to rage about people not wanting kos on everything, especially since they don´t even need play there. There are lots of servers that suits the oposite "playstyle"

Must be nice knowing that you will be less bothered now soon with private hives incoming, but during the wait i feel that a non pvp testserver would be benefitial. That´s only my opinion of course.

Never said I was bothered.  :) In order to get killed on sight, you need to be in sight. Going by this rule I haven't been KOS'd in months.

I haven't personally experienced any phasing through any of those, though I've pretty much been sticking to the axes and the pickaxe and have to say it definitely feels tracer based. I never pay attention to the crosshair unless I'm going for a sneak headshot; usually I just use the animation to guide my aim and follow through with the swing.

If you're missing 7 of 10 swings then either you're experiencing lag or you're doing something wrong. Or maybe you're not using the right weapons. The axes, pickaxe, cattle prod and stun baton all work great. Some of the other weapons work medium well and some are pretty bad. Hitting 7 of 10 swings seems like a more realistic number, if not more. However I have seen some videos in the gallery where people's swings are missing when I swear the same ones would have hit when I was playing, but then again that could just be lag.

Edited by solodude23

Game is totally fucked. Z's are indestructible and they hit through walls and around corners.

• Like 1

I haven't personally experienced any phasing through any of those, though I've pretty much been sticking to the axes and the pickaxe and have to say it definitely feels tracer based. I never pay attention to the crosshair unless I'm going for a sneak headshot; usually I just use the animation to guide my aim and follow through with the swing.

If you're missing 7 of 10 swings then either you're experiencing lag or you're doing something wrong. Or maybe you're not using the right weapons. The axes, pickaxe, cattle prod and stun baton all work great. Some of the other weapons work medium well and some are pretty bad. Hitting 7 of 10 swings seems like a more realistic number, if not more. However I have seen some videos in the gallery where people's swings are missing when I swear the same ones would have hit when I was playing, but then again that could just be lag.

After I posted that I got in the game and tried to test again. I was using a fireaxe and the target was the pole on those Stop signs, at first I tried to hit it using the animation, like draging the mouse/animation through the pole, some times it hit, some times it doesn't. Then I placed the crosshair at the middle of said pole and the same result, some times it hit and some times not. While aiming with the crosshair my char didn't move, I was totally static aiming at the same point and only some of the hits registered, it was like for every 5 hits, 3 register. The thing is, its tracer based indeed because it didn't hit exacly where my crosshair was, it hit more at the end of the animation due the maximum close range you can get of something.

In Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (a melee game that uses tracer system) they have something called the " bubble", which is a bubble that get arround chars and create colision, so 2 chars can't get way to close to eachother. In one of the balaces patches they increased the size of said bubble, and shorter weapons like daggers and such became total shit because you cound't get in a good range to attack people. This is, imo, one of the problems with DayZ melee right now, the bubble is way to big or the weapons have to little reach. In the Stop sign test, I belive that one of the reasons to the misses was that the axe coudn't reach it very well, this I belive is because when aiming with the crosshair I hitted the pole lower to where I was aiming, and thats the end of the animation.

I belive that lag also has a lot to do with all this too, but the tracers also doesn't match the animations 1-1. I belive that in beta phase we will see a very much improved melee due animations being reworked, I think that their objective with melee and its animations should be matching flawlessly the tracers with the animatios, or we will aways have this artificial skill level where the veteran knows how to correct the aim, and newer players will think (with reason imo) that melee is shit.

Also maybe if the increase the "release time" (the whole moment where the animation deals damage and the amount of time it takes to draw the full arc) the melee would be far more enjoyable. The bigger the release time, the more control you have over the attack animation.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 2

I have been searching for 2 days now every hut I can't find where tents are suppose to spawn i just wondered if anyone has found one since the new update???

Edited by Pipsi-Tony