SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Extremely lags and problems with memory after this update (30-40% fps loosing). Anyone have same problem?

Edited by kasseta
  • Like 1

Extremely lags and problems with memory after this update (30-40% fps loosing). Anyone have same problem?

I am experiencing that sometimes all of sudden already loaded textures seem to "vanish" and fps drops to 5, game doesn't seem to recover itself. If I log off and back in everything is normal again. Had this on 4 different servers.

I am experiencing that sometimes all of sudden already loaded textures seem to "vanish" and fps drops to 5, game doesn't seem to recover itself. If I log off and back in everything is normal again. Had this on 4 different servers.

after relogin i got penalty timer ~5min. Its not good

Just thought i'd have a go of the update big drop in fps & texture pop is very bad ran around for 10 mins broke leg at the end of stairs ? then got no message from server.

Servers are crashing every hour or so just like it was in experimental.  I don't understand why .49 was already pushed through stable when it still isn't even stable at all?

I think you might find a lot of that, but not all, is admins restarting constantly to farm loot, due to the Purge. Seen it on a couple of servers last night <_<

Yeah, myself and everyone I was online with last night was experiencing the same issue. It's not caused by running out of VRAM or too much load on CPU/GPU as my rig is barely ticking over. Not sure what it is, but it is very annoying and makes dealing with multiple Z's and/or gun fights very tough when you're dropping to 5fps for a second or two every so often.

What the heck? Why more and more (official?) servers are changing from persistence enabled/on to persistence disabled/off?

The last server where I lost my stashed loot was DayZ PL 2-6, this server had "persistence enabled" in the description when I played on it, BUT after the restart suddenly no longer any words about persistence in the description and OFC my hidden backpack and rifle was gone. Is persistence just a big hoax in 0.49? I mean we didn't even test persistence in the experimental 0.49 build. Seems my doubts were legitimate... just idle talk, I knew it.

Edited by Sharplooter

omg devs! please fix terrible FPS drop and memory problems IMMEDIATELY! Im really hate this update!

Edited by kasseta

Found:

- Wet Clothes, Cold Body Temperature; Hypothermia (twice and died both times)  <---  how do I remedy this?

- Medical thermometer (x2)

- Cattle Prod

- Telescopic Baton

- New weird Russian military helmet

- Friendly players (funny how that happens when nobody has weapons yet)

Haven't Found:

- Helo Crash Sites > :(  (removed?)

- Grenades (still)

- AK Drums (though I'm sure they are around somewhere just not the Western Hemisphere maybe?)

- Vehicles (tanks, stealth bombers, etc...)

- Hypo/Hyper-Thermia = Wear the appropriate clothing for the conditions. Raincoat/Gorka when raining. Wool/Down coat if at altitude or player breath is visible. Light shirt if player feels warm.

- Heli Crash = Nope definitely Not removed, found 3 last night, all 3 were new Russian style Heli's. (BUG) They were all half sunk in the ground and was Not smoking, so they're hard to spot.

- Grenades = Found a lot of them on Exp 0.49, new Russian variant, found on beds in Barracks. Hopefully they're not as easy to come across on stable.

- Drum Mags  = Much less prominent in 0.49 (Thank the Babby Jessuses), but they are still around. I found 1, but my clan mates have found more.

- Vehicles = ????? Stealth Bombers :huh:

Edited by euphoria4949

I use a translator
All the game became more smoothly go? just do not understand or were grown FPS friezes?

was playing for about an hour, everything works very well and then without any reason i wasn't able to reach any ladder or open any door :huh:, additionally in all those places there were not any loot at all

was playing for about an hour, everything works very well and then without any reason i wasn't able to reach any ladder or open any door :huh:, additionally in all those places there were not any loot at all

It was out of synch, I have seen exactly the same. Previously, this was not, now lost connection to the server

It's not so much a gameplay mechanic as It is a game engine mechanic ... Basically its purpose is too make sure there aren't a ton of rare items and weapons spawning too often on each server .. So the way I perceive it is all stable servers soon will have to also connect to a new part of the hive that deals with controlling amounts of rare/"elite" items .

For instance when svds come out the central economy part of the main hive will be monitoring how many svds are in each server and will start deleting (or just not letting them spawn) some of these said "elite" items such as the Svd when the total amount of allowable svds is reached ..

This is A great way to regulate how rare items spawn more dynamically and essentially creates a reason to trade (as some people will hardly ever see some of these rare items let a lone a pristine one ) , at first I'm sure people won't like it but after a while everyone will get used to the fact that some items are super rare (although they won't be "the best items" they will just be very powerful in a certain sense , like the Svd sniper rifle or explosives ...this system basically helps prevent people hoping servers , but mostly helps servers not deal out too many crazy items like being able to find a grenade in the same spot on a different server will be 100% harder)

Excellent.

Many times I've been at places after a server restart and found like 4 AKM's spawned in when it should be like 1, maybe another very hidden. Not that the AKM is very elite but automatics should be rare.

Did really NO ONE botice the new civilian airport buildings at NE airfield that clip into the old military ones ? lol you can walk through every wall there ... wondering why no one checked that before releasing stable XDXD its not a gamebreaker u can still loot the old buildings though you dont see that much in ground floor  :rolleyes:

Edited by SpawnZ

More questions

Was Balota military spawns moved in this stable update? Is there the new military base in the NW of NWAF? I have heard chatter about this and I am wondering has it taken effect in .49.

I rather not run all the way up there just to find out nothing is there yet.

I'll give you a hint: use the in-game map. All new structures are visible and military camps sick out like a sore thumb.

"-New door implementation"

I noticed the addition of sound to doors opening and closing, but does this mean that they implemented the random open/closed state of doors on restart?

But I haven't had any problems with fps drops , melee , freezing to death or server restarts ... I'm from USA and getting on USA servers Is a breeze and the ones I go on never seem to be loot farmed or restart farmed .. But yes there Is a tent city north west of northwest Airfield now , it'd a great place to get looted up :)

Edited by kichilron
Removed Quote.

Well, this latest update is a mess so far. No doubt they will fix it but at the moment it is hardly playable. Desync, server crashes, connection drops, massive framerate drops, rubberbanding, textures disappearing...

• Like 1

Well, this latest update is a mess so far. No doubt they will fix it but at the moment it is hardly playable. Desync, server crashes, connection drops, massive framerate drops, rubberbanding, textures disappearing...

I'm not sure we're playing the same game. I played a few hours yesterday, had a couple server resets but nothing crazy and other than that I noticed nothing worse (I might argue better) than DayZ in former iterations.

Now, while we were up till the wee hours catching service side issues such as misconfigured servers, folks connecting with the experimental client, etc - the issues you report (save the server crashes, which are tied to a system that is opt-in) haven't repro'd.

If you had the time I would love to have specifics in a feedback tracker ticket so we can address the behavior you have seen. Data such as the exact time you experienced the issues, the specific server IP and Port, your client version, etc

• Like 1

I'm off to play Infestation at least it works.

Have fun over there then.

You're not going to come back to this place for a while anyway.

• Like 1

Game works fine for me. Except the annoying "doors won't open" bug (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=16939), everything's smooth.

A very little problem is the rate you get wet in the rain. It's too fast. Running about 400m through rain shouldn't soak me through.

EDIT: Added bug link.

Edited by f1v3