robbyj

Zombies Opening Doors

I thought I read somewhere in a change log that zombies can now walk up stairs, however they can not open doors. Well, I shut a door behind me, tabbed out of game to check a map, and well. Zombies went through the door. Can someone clarify? Also, general thread should zombies be able to open doors?

They cant OPEN doors, the walk THROUGH doors.

That is just wonderful.

• Like 3

I thought I read somewhere in a change log that zombies can now walk up stairs, however they can not open doors. Well, I shut a door behind me, tabbed out of game to check a map, and well. Zombies went through the door. Can someone clarify? Also, general thread should zombies be able to open doors?

Simply a glitch, as others said they walk through the doors, its better then it was but it still needs work. will be fixed soon. I do however, think that eventually the zombies will be able to break down doors/barricades.

That is just wonderful.

how did you not know this?

have you been asleep for the last month?

sometimes u can lock them out more often than not. but the blonde and the grey/green check shirt zombies will hit you inside the house while being bugged through floor or still out side. yes they walk through the door

Probably also already known, but in some houses, you can axe them through the windows while they are outside.

• Like 1

sometimes u can lock them out more often than not. but the blonde and the grey/green check shirt zombies will hit you inside the house while being bugged through floor or still out side. yes they walk through the door

this guy

Last night I was attacked by a zombie that was hitting me from outside a closed door

Got me real good a couple times as I was in my inventory for a few moments..so I moved away from the door. Got hit again...moved further to the whole other side of the room and got hit again!

So I think there are occasions when you can be hit if you are in a building that a zombie is hitting from outside...not cool

yeah, later that night i walked inside a pub and started taking massive damage. walked outside and a zombie appeared. i walked back inside and it disappeared. the zombie was still able to deal damage though. frustrating, but not a big deal. eventually it will be fixed.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... still working out kinks in the Nav mesh I assume...

the blonde zombie is my bane. i thought it was just coincidence

I do however, think that eventually the zombies will be able to break down doors/barricades.

But it should take some time.

I mean, they are relatively dumb, if you think of 08/15-Zombies or infected:

Only basic-movement (walking on arms and legs, normal walking) + "must-eat-braiiiiinsss!"

So when you close/lock a door, it should take them 30-1-2 minutes, maybe?

I was being hit by a zombie that was in a totally different room to me. He hit me maybe 5 or 6 times over the space of about 15- 20 seconds, then I opened the door and saw him outside in the corridor attacking what seemed like thin air, but when he attacked I got hit, despite him being 10 feet from me. It appears as though it's an invisible zombie, which has happened to me before, it chased me around the map like a ghost.

That is just wonderful.

Yeah, I remember my first game.

Make sure you climb the ladder at Green Mountain too.  If you do it 20 times in a row a grenade launcher appears.  If it doesn't appear, then you miscounted and just need to do it a few more times.

:lol:

Edited by Zombie Milkman

Yeah, I remember my first game.

Make sure you climb the ladder at Green Mountain too.  If you do it 20 times in a row a grenade launcher appears.  If it doesn't appear, then you miscounted and just need to do it a few more times.

:lol:

Read my signature...

I don't get why people don;t just use the steam browser to open the map..

Alt-tabbing is so 2013..

Edited by Chompster