MrKartel

Why nobody want to play in the night time?

Why nobody want's to play in the night time? I find it brings a different element to the game, different game play.

I like it, but with the zombies as glitchy as they are right now, it really is a pain in the ass.

• Like 2

Why nobody want's to play in the night time? I find it brings a different element to the game, different game play.

Because; Why would you?

If this were a Rl scenario ( as it is supposed to be, being a "realistic/authentic" game), you would not wander around in the dark. There is too much risk of injury for too little gain, not to mention the fact that in a RL survival scenario, you would have to sleep A LOT to recuperate.

• Like 3

I avoided night like the plague when I first started, because it was pitch black and apparently I was the only person not cranking his gamma to max.  but now nights aren't pitch black and I prefer it.  zombies seem to come after you less and the sun isn't blinding you the entire time you're crossing the map.

• Like 2

Because its harder. 

Perhaps it's because its harder to see in the dark, especially over distance and people cant KoS as easy?

Other than that, night time is just not convenient for anything. It's a shame people don't like it, as you say it adds a whole different feel to the game sadly though most people just nullify the affects of night by raising gamma and brightness, in the early days of the mod you would be surprised how many flares you saw on night time travels around cherno, it was truly epic back then. I really miss them days :(

I play at night, but after the other day I am doubting if I want to keep doing it.  I was on a server with 3 others when a group from a notorious clan dropped in as a large group.  One of them quickly appears next to me even though I was running, and lights me up.  While it is possible he spawned right next to me and opportunity fired (legit), the odds are slightly more in favor of him using esp and the long move exploits, along with high gamma settings to get the drop on me.  Add in the poor reputation of their clan as a suspected population of hacks and cheats and my suspicion rises further.  I couldn't confirm because with the conditions it was hard to know what was going on, which is a very strong argument for playing daytime only.  That way if someone does cheat and you can capture it, you have some form of recourse.

However, once BI allows server admins the right to control their shards and ban people, and entire clans of  poor sportsmen, along with chopping down on exploits, you can expect night time play to pick up.  If you agree with this sentiment, drop me some beans.

Edited by Zombie Milkman
  • Like 7

I love playing at night time. I don't have any problems with zombies, night or day, but the main reason I don't play much in night time servers is due to the gamma and brightness exploit and light passing through solid objects like walls and such.

When the engine gets its big update and that's fixed, it'll be a step in the right direction. Although I doubt the gamma and brightness exploit will ever get fixed, as it's mainly a graphics option, and not an actual bug. DayZ being an online game based on an old "single player" game engine (back in flashpoint and ArmA 1, not everyone played online and the player base was mostly split in half) with no internet connection required, this feature was overseen and no attention was put into it since then. (Remember that Operation Flashpoint was released in 2001, and ArmA 1 in 2006.)

The only way to "fix" this, will probably be when private shards with whitelist and passwords are available. And this is still not 100% proof since we'll have to rely and trusting players will follow rules.

Fingers crossed the option would be reduced to a minimal at least so that it's more balanced anyway.

I love playing both day and night in the mod but until the game is more reliable i'll stick to day also night was great fun in a group we used to love hunting down folk throwing flares etc great fun can be had at night !

Yeah if zombies wasn't a pain in the ass, I would only play on the night. In a RL situation I would sleep at day, and go out at night. Other survivors would be sleeping so it would be easier to avoid/kill/steal them.

• Like 1

Gamma exploit is my number one reason for not playing at night, that and the fact that there isn't any servers using night anymore.

• Like 1

Number of reasons personally. It's hard enough to get rid of a zombie smashing you through a wall during Daytime, letalone dark where you can never find it. Second reason, I don't think night is done very well and looks quite unappealing. It literally goes pitch black. I mean you would at least expect your characters eyes to adjust like they do irl.

For some odd reason we can change our gamma settings in this game... Which make night times NO FUN. It's like watching an old black&white TV. Everyone is exploiting this, so playing at night time is not immersive or fun.  If you have a hard time with those zombies you must be a noob. Didn't take me a long time to figure how to kill em without getting touched.

People saying it's pitch black at night obviously haven't played during night for the past couple months. Night is far brighter than it used to be and no, it's not due to servers having full moon nights although this makes it even brighter.

They have brightened the default night time to the point where you can see and is nowhere near pitch black. In my opinion they brightened night a bit too much.

It's funny how people make excuses to not play at night, it was "Oh it's pitch black", now it's "Zeds are harder at night". Really? Zeds are actually easier at night and tend not to see you and chase you, so I don't know where this excuse is coming from. Htfu people, you're missing a good part of the game by not playing during night time.

The whole gamma thing was because it was pitch black at night, now that you can actually see at night people using the gamma exploit have no excuse but to just be douchebags. Not ALL people use the gamma exploit and this is just another excuse.

I don't know what people want as far as night is concerned but having night time as bright as day or being to the point you can see very well without a light source is kind of ridiculous.

Not ALL servers have 24/7 daytime either, some of us do accommodate night time play and a day/night cycle.

At night with no cloud cover(not pitch black)
vwVwoW7.jpg

At night with cloud cover and raining(not pitch black)
itl54fk.jpg

No gamma/brightness or postprocessing on either of these images.

Gamma exploit is my number one reason for not playing at night, that and the fact that there isn't any servers using night anymore.

Mine have nighttime

For some odd reason we can change our gamma settings in this game... Which make night times NO FUN. It's like watching an old black&white TV. Everyone is exploiting this, so playing at night time is not immersive or fun.  If you have a hard time with those zombies you must be a noob. Didn't take me a long time to figure how to kill em without getting touched.

Its kind of unavoidable, people have different monitors and game in all manor of lighting.

I play at night, but after the other day I am doubting if I want to keep doing it.  I was on a server with 3 others when a group from a notorious clan dropped in as a large group.  One of them quickly appears next to me even though I was running, and lights me up.  While it is possible he spawned right next to me and opportunity fired (legit), the odds are slightly more in favor of him using esp and the long move exploits, along with high gamma settings to get the drop on me.  Add in the poor reputation of their clan as a suspected population of hacks and cheats and my suspicion rises further.  I couldn't confirm because with the conditions it was hard to know what was going on, which is a very strong argument for playing daytime only.  That way if someone does cheat and you can capture it, you have some form of recourse.

However, once BI allows server admins the right to control their shards and ban people, and entire clans of  poor sportsmen, along with chopping down on exploits, you can expect night time play to pick up.  If you agree with this sentiment, drop me some beans.

Sorry, am I missing some obvious correlation between nigh time and people "hacking" (serious question :) )? Because as far as I can see this is a complaint about some questionable behavior and hacking in general, which just happened to happen during the night?

Its kind of unavoidable, people have different monitors and game in all manor of lighting.

Well I never met a person or experienced myself that we need to change gamma or brightness. Even back in the days when we had the big screens that wasn't an issue. I've been throwing a bunch of LAN parties when I was younger, and no one had issues with the gamma...

Edited by Heradon2k

Well I never met a person or experienced myself that we need to change gamma or brightness. Even back in the days when we had the big screens that wasn't an issue. I've been throwing a bunch of LAN parties when I was younger, and no one had issues with the gamma...

I've never seen a kangaroo but that doesn't mean they don't exist

• Like 1

Because gamma/brightness exploit and light passing through everything.

• Like 1

Sorry, am I missing some obvious correlation between nigh time and people "hacking" (serious question :) )? Because as far as I can see this is a complaint about some questionable behavior and hacking in general, which just happened to happen during the night?

While nightime is brighter than before, there is still an unfair advantage for people who use gamma exploits.  It also makes it harder to detect someone who uses the fast movement cheat which considering the proliferation of these in general makes night time play less appealing to legit players.  I believe when private servers have the ability to white list players and enforce codes of play as they deem fit and actively ban obvious cheaters it will bring players back to the night time servers. 

IMO, if you remove the human cheat element, night time becomes a more desirable time to play even if they go back to a more realistic level of darkness.  Zombies have a greatly reduced aggro radius due to loss of sight, and bandits do as well.  Moving through tree lines renders you invisible for the most part.  I expect night time to take a while to catch on, but the smart players will migrate to it for the obvious reasons.  Throw in bad weather and the loss of hearing as a stimulus for bandits and zeds and I will be ultra active on crappy nights.

But that is all in the crapper at the moment due to exploits and hacks.  Night time is basically an additional handicap to the honest gamer.  Allow a server admin the chance to review the log for someone to see if they exploited/cheated, get them banned, and suddenly what was a major annoyance becomes taking a bullet for the greater good, because having a cheat banned tastes better than Cherno bacon.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

LOL and good point, but think about it for a second.... who doesn't have a monitor that can play this game on normal?  Who can't turn the lights off or dim them in the room they are in?  Do they have a modern rig, mouse, keyboard, Filla sneakers and nipple rings by Sergio Armani yet only have a green CRT monitor from a 1981 soviet block farm stand sitting on their desk top?  No.  I bet only 0.000001% of the population playing this game need to move their gamma or brightness settings more than a little to the left or right because:

1) Technology

2) Not 1981

3) Technology

Edited by Zombie Milkman

LOL and good point, but think about it for a second.... who doesn't have a monitor that can play this game on normal?  Who can't turn the lights off or dim them in the room they are in?  Do they have a modern rig, mouse, keyboard, Filla sneakers and nipple rings by Sergio Armani yet only have a green CRT monitor from a 1981 soviet block farm stand sitting on their desk top?  No.  I bet only 0.000001% of the population playing this game need to move their gamma or brightness settings more than a little to the left or right because:

1) Technology

2) Not 1981

3) Technology

I agree the gamma goes to high, but the slider should be there non the less. 

Unrelated: Your child is Autistic?

holy shit i hope they are real if there not i dont know what the hell i have been shooting for years and feeding to my dogs LOL.

As for nights lots of reasons people dont like to play it , light going through walls, gamma exploiters, some dont like the extra challenge etc etc...

Personally i love the idea of night play but current state of night isnt as great , i always found in the mod lone wolfing was easier at night in relation to zeds as you could sneak past them easier.

• Like 1