MrKartel

Why nobody want to play in the night time?

so why don't people play in the dark?

A. because its harder to see and they think it makes the game harder to play. :huh:

Not true.  I would mostly play in the dark, as would many others if you spent some time actually reading fellow poster's responses.  The cheaters ruin the beauty that is night time in this game, and the harder time you have spotting the cheaters really underscores the problem.  You would think that the cheaters being able to easy-button the game would make them get bored quickly and go away, but apparently many of them never get tired of it.  They just keep coming back because winning something you never earned is like bacon flavored chocolate to someone like that.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

For those of you who play in the nights and do it honestly i.e. gamma tinker free, what's your go-to solution with a light source? I tried to use chemlights and campfires, also on buildings' second floors, and I don't find either too useful. Looking at a campfire or chem blinds you waay too much to be realistic (there is a moment while starting a fire when your screen goes absolutely pitch black apart from the kit) and you end up seeing less of your nearby area than more. The headtorch just doesn't cut it and I can't use any weapon/pistol flashlights (running around with a crossbow and magnum), so the only option left for me is a portable gas lamp, which I use very scarcely and only not to miss loot. It's still a bummer when you have to switch from the lamp to the weapon, but you get used to it after some time.

Do you owls have any more tips for playing nights?

For those of you who play in the nights and do it honestly i.e. gamma tinker free, what's your go-to solution with a light source? I tried to use chemlights and campfires, also on buildings' second floors, and I don't find either too useful. Looking at a campfire or chem blinds you waay too much to be realistic (there is a moment while starting a fire when your screen goes absolutely pitch black apart from the kit) and you end up seeing less of your nearby area than more. The headtorch just doesn't cut it and I can't use any weapon/pistol flashlights (running around with a crossbow and magnum), so the only option left for me is a portable gas lamp, which I use very scarcely and only not to miss loot. It's still a bummer when you have to switch from the lamp to the weapon, but you get used to it after some time.

You do realize that when you use a light after going dark for a while, you LOSE your night vision?

The whole screen going black when you light a fire is very realistic. 

When I am in the woods at night (which is rare, but it happens), I don't use a light, as your night vision will develop after a few minutes. Using a light after that point will kill your night vision, and it will take a lot longer to come back.

Number of reasons personally. It's hard enough to get rid of a zombie smashing you through a wall during Daytime, letalone dark where you can never find it. Second reason, I don't think night is done very well and looks quite unappealing. It literally goes pitch black. I mean you would at least expect your characters eyes to adjust like they do irl.

I don't think you have been on at night recently, it does not go pitch black anymore, there is plenty enough ambient light to see pretty well. Night looks more like an old black and white episode of the Twilight Zone these days.

Nothing, I don't feel like I need any source of light at all and for the naysayers I leave my gamma and brightness at the default setting. Like I said above, there is plenty of ambient light, but, if I absolutely, positively can't do with out because I've fallen into a well kind of need a light I'll use the pistol mounted light.

If I am not mistaken though doesn't the the weapon flashlight for rifles should fit on the cross bow?

At night don't run as much, you run into zeds that way and I mean right on top of them before you see them so move at a walk/light jog. Only run if you are bailing because you have to.

Light fires in all the light houses you see. Break all chemlights and light all flares. Also, you can light as many gas lamps as you can find canisters for, it makes the cities look alive when you do that and tends to make other players suspicious.

Edited by Barnabus

You do realize that when you use a light after going dark for a while, you LOSE your night vision?

The whole screen going black when you light a fire is very realistic. 

Yeah, I know how night vision works, it's just the one in Dayz doesn't match my RL experience at all. In reality, you use light sources to shed light on stuff, in Dayz from most angles and in most cases, the only thing you can see better is the light source itself. Yesterday I lit many campfires and broke many chemlights in Zelenogorsk, and the entire city was going more and more dark in the process...

@ Barnabus. I'm afraid the weapon flashlight won't fit on a crossbow. I don't even know if how much light it gives - if the same as the headtorch, then sorry it's way not enough.

Yep, I'm breaking any chemlights I can find, I was just wondering if there's any 'strategy' to do so. I noticed chemlights are very poor if lit in the open.