Sign in to follow this  
ryanh

Amphibia S

Where does the damn thing spawn now? in 0.48 it's not seeming to spawn in gen military or Heli crashes (hit over 25 heli crashes unlooted) found a few m4's fully kitted out 2 of them, found some fnx's but no Amphibia S

Used to find many of them in jail houses or firestation lower level in the racking.

haven't seen one in some time now either ;S

I'm sure I saw one at Heli crash (no mag tho)

Edited by Disko ninja

Found 2 with 2 different characters in Rify but with no mag, pretty much useless. These .22 guns should have their mags spawning next to them because with only one bullet in the chamber you can barely do any damage. I don't even know if the noise you generate shooting with one of these is lower than shooting with any other bigger caliber. The .22 is completly useless right now. Even with a 30 rounds mag if you fight more than one opponent you're dead for sure.

Found some at helicopter crash sites - magazines spawn in military prisons and UAZ wrecks as well. In Fact Amphibia S magazines seem to be the second most common after Makarov mags.

Don't underestimate the .22LR! A Sporter kills with a single headshot - and as damage is currently only determined by cartridge the Amphibia S should as well. Then its pretty silent has almost no recoil and ammo is plenty even in looted areas. The Sporter 22 is also quite accurate and both weapons are easy to shoot. I regularily switch my SKS/Shotgun/... for a Sporter 22 with magazine during "midgame" (the phase between being freshspawn and sufficiently geared).

Edited by Evil Minion

I have been finding them at heli crash sites, & finding the mags in jeeps.

I have been playing strictly experimental since .47 and have not seen a single amphibia or magnum, yet their ammo is everywhere.

I've heard (and seemingly confirmed by others in this thread) that they only spawn at black hawk crashes, which have utterly eluded me as well.

I've seen a mag and the pistol not together but on different servers, however I had a magnum so I didn't pick it up.

Happened a week ago.

Well im finding the mags in Police stations in 0.48  (well the 10 rounder ones that go in the sporter 22 actually i dont know if they work in the pistol since its not a pistol mag likey not