Sign in to follow this  
karlkurtz32

How does everyone here break up the DayZ monotony?

I'm looking for a first edition of Le Rouge et Noir (1830).

have you come across a blue book called "the book of jobs" and it is written much like the bible ...i have seen it once and had a quick read of it and have not found it since 

I am never bored, I go after kills of Zombies and other players most of which have their heads up their asses and always try to KoS you. Before I turned to waxing other players on sight I Tried to interact peacefully now they can interact with my bullets. 

Do you by any chance live in Terminus?

You should educate yourselves and read books in game rather than trolling the Forums.

Tom Sawyer is really worth the while, love it.

Your goal should be a full library as in Eli !

Loved that movie. Road warrior-ish. Never get tired of that genre of film. I wish the movies were like 5 hours long or longer. Series like The Walking Dead - Game of Thrones - are like this to me. If you can wait all season long and buy the DVD later. Unfortunately, I can't. Wait that is.  :(

Edited by RAM-bo4250

You should educate yourselves and read books in game rather than trolling the Forums.

Tom Sawyer is really worth the while, love it.

Your goal should be a full library as in Eli !

Does a full library include "Fifty Shades of KOS"

Not sure if list is up to date or valid...

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Books

I almost had "stupid" planted across my forhead. I always heard about reading books and always said to myself, "what the hell they talking about? I can only tear pages out." I saw the how to read video and ohhhhhhh.

MWO / CS:GO / Steam Sales Singleplayer (I just finished DMC Devil may cry and it was awesome) now Killer is Dead is my refuge from DayZ

I play other games. I played a tonne of DayZ when the alpha released then pretty much stopped playing to wait for content.

I would have thought that I'll get back into it around beta time when things start getting interesting.

• Like 1

i never loot military locations, you should try that sometime. actually keeps things interesting instead of having the literal best of every single piece of loot/equipment.

also, me and a bud are currently running around as paramedics. i somehow doubt that will get boring anytime soon. 

If I'm not fully kitted I'll often serverjump into popular locations like the NWAF fire station, police station in Berezino and so on, and start playing the national anthem of the USSR

Let's be honest, you can go from fresh spawn to Rambo in an hour or less.  After becoming fully geared it can be boring to just run around the map for hours looking for different loot.

Personally, I often log into servers and just recon certain areas with binoculars from a long distance to change things up.  There's something about watching people from far away, knowing that if you wanted to you could get the jump on them. But, instead you sit back and let them do their thing, graciously allowing them to live another day without them even knowing it.

What types of things do you guys do after acquiring all of your gear?

The beauty of DayZ is that it can be as exciting or as serene as you desire. When you don't feel the need to PvP or PvZ you can spend your time hunting and cooking to lay in a supply of Deer & Hog steaks. On another session you can see if you can ZAP a few members of a group that are out Power Looting or seeking PvP. And on another occasion you can venture to the Black Forest and drill Zombies until their re-spawns are coming out of the woodwork in the forest.  Or you can go for a combination PvP and PvZ session in a city or large town and kill everything that moves.  And you can spend a session practicing your long range marksmanship skills on Zombies that are wandering around a town from +500meters and watch them re-spawn and kill those as well while remembering that re-spawns can see you if you are <600 meters away. Harvesting Zombies at any range is fun but it would be even more fun if you could take zombie ears as trophies.    There are no quests so an open world  survival horror game is what you make out of it.  

I have high hopes that the aggressive man shredding Bears that will be introduced will provide some good sport.  Tell me it wouldn't be fun to observe a brown bear slaughtering Zombies through your binoculars. 

dayz-leaked-bear-model-dayz-standalone1.       

Edited by Xbow

I have high hopes that the aggressive man shredding Bears that will be introduced will provide some good sport.  Tell me it wouldn't be fun to observe a brown bear slaughtering Zombies through your binoculars. 

dayz-leaked-bear-model-dayz-standalone1.       

It'd be more fun to observe a brown bear slaughtering bambis through binoculars.

• Like 1

It'd be more fun to observe a brown bear slaughtering bambis through binoculars.

I can't dispute the veracity of your statement  :thumbsup:

have some beans  :beans:

Let's be honest, you can go from fresh spawn to Rambo in an hour or less.  After becoming fully geared it can be boring to just run around the map for hours looking for different loot.

Personally, I often log into servers and just recon certain areas with binoculars from a long distance to change things up.  There's something about watching people from far away, knowing that if you wanted to you could get the jump on them. But, instead you sit back and let them do their thing, graciously allowing them to live another day without them even knowing it.

What types of things do you guys do after acquiring all of your gear?

Well for me every time I start a new life I come up with a character I'm playing as, and I try it out. I tried out a middle class sap with a shotgun who was looking for his wife. He got KoS'd.

My last guy was a tough as nails russian survivalist who did his best to find good camoflague gear, never took off his commie hat, and only used an SKS, Mosin or .357 magnum. If the person didn't have to be killed (saw a guy far away in the woods but going the other way.) he didn't KoS. Otherwise shot everyone.

My current guy is a madman with an AKM. Smart, with good instincts. He relies on his AKM to fight, his binoculars to scout. He wears the Red and Black of NOD. (red wool coat, black everything else. I'll find a red backpack eventually). Once i find a weapon flashlight he will ONLY operate at night with a bunch of red glow sticks.

I try to change up my play style every time. I keep track of their stats too. How many kills. How many hours of play invested in that life. injuries. bullet wounds. That stuff.

After him i'm doing another survivalist. He's going to live in the woods and read books.

Do you by any chance live in Terminus?

Live in Terminus? No certainly not. I don't care for tin pot dictators that think they are in charge and want to hunker down and hide from the world behind the fantasy of a safe haven that will eventually be surrounded and invaded. 

I live near Evans City PA just about a mile from the cemetery where Barbra's brother got his head cracked open by a Zed and just a stones throw from a famous white two story farm house with a very secure basement. On weekends we get together and scout the suburban areas of Pittsburgh looting stores and malls and gunning down those deluded survivors that would possess that which is ours! We are planning a trip to Florida to raid an old military base that's situated on a remote island in the Florida keys. Rumor has it that extensive research was done at that base and that a great many things about zombification and the nature of Zombies are archived there.  

And RAM-bo4250 if you watch this 1962 film you will see that a great many gags you have seen in zombie films over the years originated here in a story about ambulatory carnivorous plants that spray poison gas and eat people. Pretty tacky but its still a historical document of the slow moving terror :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLP0-lowEPA       

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Live in Terminus? No certainly not. I don't care for tin pot dictators that think they are in charge and want to hunker down and hide from the world behind the fantasy of a safe haven that will eventually be surrounded and invaded. 

I live near Evans City PA just about a mile from the cemetery where Barbra's brother got his head cracked open by a Zed and just a stones throw from a famous white two story farm house with a very secure basement. On weekends we get together and scout the suburban areas of Pittsburgh looting stores and malls and gunning down those deluded survivors that would possess that which is ours! We are planning a trip to Florida to raid an old military base that's situated on a remote island in the Florida keys. Rumor has it that extensive research was done at that base and that a great many things about zombification and the nature of Zombies are archived there.  

And RAM-bo4250 if you watch this 1962 film you will see that a great many gags you have seen in zombie films over the years originated here in a story about ambulatory carnivorous plants that spray poison gas and eat people. Pretty tacky but its still a historical document of the slow moving terror :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLP0-lowEPA       

Love the imagination. I'm not going anywhere near Evans City, PA nor any major military installation. Well, that's not totally true. I do go to military outposts on rare occasions. As far as the movie. Saw it way back. Don't remember what it was about. You used to be like a Daryl. Daryl kept his humanity despite the baddie gang. You didn't. Now you are the baddie gang. I will try and stay out of your way. If I can't, well we'll just have to see what happens, won't we. >:(

• Like 1

Well for me every time I start a new life I come up with a character I'm playing as, and I try it out. I tried out a middle class sap with a shotgun who was looking for his wife. He got KoS'd.

My last guy was a tough as nails russian survivalist who did his best to find good camoflague gear, never took off his commie hat, and only used an SKS, Mosin or .357 magnum. If the person didn't have to be killed (saw a guy far away in the woods but going the other way.) he didn't KoS. Otherwise shot everyone.

My current guy is a madman with an AKM. Smart, with good instincts. He relies on his AKM to fight, his binoculars to scout. He wears the Red and Black of NOD. (red wool coat, black everything else. I'll find a red backpack eventually). Once i find a weapon flashlight he will ONLY operate at night with a bunch of red glow sticks.

I try to change up my play style every time. I keep track of their stats too. How many kills. How many hours of play invested in that life. injuries. bullet wounds. That stuff.

After him i'm doing another survivalist. He's going to live in the woods and read books.

Old habits die hard. I can't find it in myself, in any game, to play a baddie. Just can't. I like the hero type.

I will go to Cherno runing around like an idiot, looking like a bandit and shooting zombies like a noob. It helps target practise without having to shoot freshspawns or getting shot by random campers.

I'll go on loot runs for my group, pick up ballistic helmets, pants, water bottles, food, etc. that's needed. When that gets old I'll go to the coast and fuck with bambis, either by shooting them as they run down the road or finding them and making them eat rotten fruit, or force feeding them disinfectant spray, then maybe giving them charcoal tabs if they please me.

I'll go on loot runs for my group, pick up ballistic helmets, pants, water bottles, food, etc. that's needed. When that gets old I'll go to the coast and fuck with bambis, either by shooting them as they run down the road or finding them and making them eat rotten fruit, or force feeding them disinfectant spray, then maybe giving them charcoal tabs if they please me.

There's still rotten food?  I haven't seen anything rotten in over a month now.

There's still rotten food?  I haven't seen anything rotten in over a month now.

I should have noted that I haven't played at all since the week .48 hit.

My guys and I, we run around in the city streets, as I get on comms and tell everyone to come out with their hands up.  Leads to insults and bullets flying every time.  then we kill them all.

i play other games, and i dont play video games much during spring/summer/fall, so that helps me from getting played out on a game.