shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Either you had blood but didn't recover your HP (light-green energized) or there was this 'bone structure damage' Wobo mentions in one of his clips from a long time ago (basically, you can be one-punch wasted even on full blood and health if you took a lot of beating over the course of your avatar's life because something something; I'm not even sure if it's in the game anymore).

For me, achieving the 'healing' status can be a huge quest right now. On the plus side, yesterday and tonight I started to learn how to deal with zeds without a scratch. Basically, as I move through urban areas, I find buildings with two exits and something like a table (or other obstacle) inside. Then I close one of the doors. When a zed jumps me, first I wear down his/her speed, then I run into my building, wait on the other side of the table, then sprint to the door and close it behind me. Works like a charm as long as the zed in question doesn't clip through the door. The best building for this is the supermarket, as zeds can't go out the windows and you can sprint between the racks. Also, you can employ the bug related to the fire station tower - grab a handful of zeds, get them inside the station, run in circles, close all doors, run up the stairs and find the ladder to teleport outside. An abuse, of course, but if you're desperate, you can deal with 4 zeds at once this way. :)

There is an easy and funny way of making the zeds tired and that is to find a longishpart of a fence and just step over it to and fro. Watch as poor zeds have to run 2 miles' worth of distance while you hop like a bunny. You can do that until they can barely move and use that time to come up with a plan to deal with them.

As concerns clipping through doors - I noticed once that a zed can go through closed doors sometimes because the game thinks the door is open for them. In such a situation, if you open the same door, zeds should be unable to go through, thinking it's closed. I saw this once, but this needs further research.

Hate to say it but now you have to take "Wobo" videos with a grain of salt now, because with every patch something else gets broken or changed.

In that very case, sometimes its shear luck the zombie one hits a solid character, other times it takes 15 hits to do any sort of damage. Nobody at this time can explain what is the current system, or what is not. I love wobo's videos, they are great.

..//..

sometimes its shear luck the zombie one hits a solid character, other times it takes 15 hits to do any sort of damage. Nobody at this time can explain what is the current system

..//..

I can explain:

the zombies deal variable damage - sometimes they can one-hit you

xx

• Like 1

Either you had blood but didn't recover your HP (light-green energized) or there was this 'bone structure damage' Wobo mentions in one of his clips from a long time ago (basically, you can be one-punch wasted even on full blood and health if you took a lot of beating over the course of your avatar's life because something something; I'm not even sure if it's in the game anymore).

For me, achieving the 'healing' status can be a huge quest right now. On the plus side, yesterday and tonight I started to learn how to deal with zeds without a scratch. Basically, as I move through urban areas, I find buildings with two exits and something like a table (or other obstacle) inside. Then I close one of the doors. When a zed jumps me, first I wear down his/her speed, then I run into my building, wait on the other side of the table, then sprint to the door and close it behind me. Works like a charm as long as the zed in question doesn't clip through the door. The best building for this is the supermarket, as zeds can't go out the windows and you can sprint between the racks. Also, you can employ the bug related to the fire station tower - grab a handful of zeds, get them inside the station, run in circles, close all doors, run up the stairs and find the ladder to teleport outside. An abuse, of course, but if you're desperate, you can deal with 4 zeds at once this way. :)

There is an easy and funny way of making the zeds tired and that is to find a longishpart of a fence and just step over it to and fro. Watch as poor zeds have to run 2 miles' worth of distance while you hop like a bunny. You can do that until they can barely move and use that time to come up with a plan to deal with them.

As concerns clipping through doors - I noticed once that a zed can go through closed doors sometimes because the game thinks the door is open for them. In such a situation, if you open the same door, zeds should be unable to go through, thinking it's closed. I saw this once, but this needs further research.

My character had been alive for quite a while and had both mosin with lrs, compensator and wrap and I also had an Mp5 with silencer and two 30 round mags. I was Energized and hydrated but also sick, probably from cholera and I had a painful leg. I had probably been hit by zeds at least fifty times but healed myself before. I didn't wear a helmet.  Its been a very long time since I got killed by a zed though.

Today two rather new characters got shot dead by unknown assailants for no reason. Business as usual.

Then One of my geared characters got wasted on prison island. It was weird though as I knew the guy was coming, hid in a room and leaned around a corner and shot 19 bullets with an ak-74 into his body point blank, blood splashing. Still he got me.

Luckily my newspawn found a v3s and I could drive to prison island again. unfortunately the server restarted so the guy and my body was gone. I did get some nice stuff though.

Scotty, i need more loot.

Im gettin as much as ah can captain, aye canny get any moooorrrr.

I went to my place of reside and low and behold "someone" kindly left three military tents there.

Now me got somewhere to grow my punkins, and if i get enough lights who knows what i can grow in them.

• Like 1

How do you guys deal with finding military tents? Do you drop your backpack just to get it, run to a safe place, then go back for your backpack or what? I just can't get myself do do that.

How do you guys deal with finding military tents? Do you drop your backpack just to get it, run to a safe place, then go back for your backpack or what? I just can't get myself do do that.

Yeah , ive done that.

Done that before then took me 5 min trying to find my backpack lol

• Like 1

Ahh yeah, that actually happened to me last night. I got back to an area and couldn't find my pack and thought, arrrrgh, someone found it. I wasn't happy but good luck to them. I went back in the daylight and i found it :D

So today i was traveling picking up  "needed" stuff and throwing out incidentals. Was getting chased by a zombie and i heard a truck. Took me a while to find it while i was running but in the end i saw it and well, isn't that just wonderful, he was chasing me. >:( HE well could have been trying to chase down the ZEd but once id lost the Z he kept comin after me.

Oh just great i thought, so i zig zagged a bit as we all know they handle like soft custard. He got to within a truck length behind me when i zigged over a rock wall and he crashed. :thumbsup:

Then , only then he said " Hiya" yeah right. So i kept going into the tree line and then popped around the side of the hill and scoped him with my Longhorn pistol.

Well now i thought >:( look who is in my sights now " literally". Once id relaxed i could have shot him between the eyes, but then i would be just like him as in what he was going to do to me, at least his truck was screwed, lmao.

Anyway my search continues for the one thing i want, then its back to my mountain home. I am fully self sufficient, i dont need canned food or drink. The previous edition release taught me how to overcome all that food finding stuff.

But if i ever see that guy again i will shoot no questions asked.

Also i am enjoying the night stuff.

I saw two people sitting by a camp light in the woods, they were well geared up but as i saw them through my scope and they didn't even know i was there. Only thing that stopped me from going in closer was the threat of bear traps.

It would be good to have proper sit animations rather than the crouch.

Was a good DAYZ

found mil tent 

feel good ! 

i found a few already but not picking it up..afraid of losing my other bag lol

• Like 2

i found a few already but not picking it up..afraid of losing my other bag lol

Ill see your tent raise you this.

K6ICPN.jpg

Still hasnt got what i want there

Edited by PlasticAssasin8
  • Like 2

Pretty ineresting.

Spawn, somone handcuff me and take everything.

10/10  :)

• Like 1

I had an eventful day. I spawn with a middle-geared char outside Turovo. I go to the police station in Novo and hear shooting from the tower area. I decide to leave a little surprise for whoever comes and put a landmine just inside the door. I activate it and......I'm a newspawn again :/ 

I gear up for a bit and end up in Dolina. While looting there I hear a truck approach so I hide in a room in the police station with my chainsaw ready. A guy runs in and goes upstairs. I run outside and hide in the woods, spying the town. I see the guy in the police station but he never comes out. So I steal his truck, hehe. I drive towards Elektro and outside Kamyshowo I am shot at. I get hit and start bleeding. I see the guy at the side of the road but decide to press on. The road is littered with corpses. I heal up and drive back. I try to run the guy over but it doesnt work so i get the hell out of dodge instead.

I go to the summer camp topolka dam and its a Lootgasm. 14 chainsaws! and lots of other crap. I can at least patch up and change my ruined gear. I then go to Vybor base. The base seems empty and theres soem gear in the barracks but as i got to the prison building I spot a bear trap on the floor. I deactivate it and sneak inside. As I'm in a room I hear the shuffling of feet upstairs. I try to talk to the guy but he doesn't respond but I hear him moving some more. Then I hear a truck approach and I decide its time to go.

• Like 2

Had a very workman like dayz today, carted all my gear over and over to my interim base. No exploring , just shoring up my equipment and supplies and formulation future plans.

It would be good to be able to fill the back of the truck with gear, all that room and cant use it.

Ended up just running back and forwards

seeds.

tomatoes

pumpkins

peppers

zuchini

all check

Only one thing i really want is a long range scope for my green and black mosin.

My fave gun has become the longhorn, the scope on that has to do for now.

• Like 1

Had a very workman like dayz today, carted all my gear over and over to my interim base. No exploring , just shoring up my equipment and supplies and formulation future plans.

It would be good to be able to fill the back of the truck with gear, all that room and cant use it.

Ended up just running back and forwards

seeds.

tomatoes

pumpkins

peppers

zuchini

all check

Only one thing i really want is a long range scope for my green and black mosin.

My fave gun has become the longhorn, the scope on that has to do for now.

you are a full time farmer now :) 

Decided to check out the military base near Vybor. Checked it out from the nearby hill...looks clear. Did 2 circuits around the outside of the wall...looks clear. Went to the jail building and opened the door to peak in....looks clear. Started into the jail and saw half of a player come up through the floor in the corner as I entered the building in the prone position....

Tried to sprint past quick but got hit to unconcious and then....[ You are dead ]

So long to my 6 protective cases. I always find death to be a mixed blessing because I find gearing up to be the most rewarding aspect of the game for me right now. But death to a glitcher is always sad.

• Like 1

People often glitch in that particular buidling. How can they live with themselves?

you are a full time farmer now :)

Well, ive seen the future not too long ago in a vision of where farming was one of the only things to keep you alive and healthy.

Speaking of glitches,

When i pick up a bear trap my left arm elongates like the slenderman

Edited by PlasticAssasin8

Well, ive seen the future not too long ago in a vision of where farming was one of the only things to keep you alive and healthy.

Speaking of glitches,

When i pick up a bear trap my left arm elongates like the slenderman

Ya the bear trap is weird. I will be begging for you for food one day lol

I swam to prison island yesterday and noticed something strange. I was wearing police uniform pants and they didn't get wet.

In the prison there were tons of loot. Ak's, clothes, massive amounts of food but at first no magazines. After some searching i did find them. it seems like soemone had been shot and the magazines ruined. I must've found 10 different mags all ruined. The only one not ruined was a rak mag.

Biohaze and I jumped on a server, both as fresh spawns, and quickly got on track to meet up. We met on the railroad tracks in Elektro in the pitch black dark. I had a yellow chemlight going so he could clearly see me. As I got within sight of him, I thought I saw a zombie chasing after him. I was wrong. It was another player. I yelled, "RUN! It's not a zombie, it's another player!" We ran separate directions as I unequipped the chemlight and the unknown player equipped a hatchet. My assumption is that he assumed 'chemlight = easy noob kill' because he followed me, rather than Biohaze who was much closer to him.

I ran into the police station, shutting the door behind me, and got into a corner, hoping he wasn't following. All I had for a weapon was a garden hoe that I snagged in Kamyshovo, where I spawned, so we could grow some pumpkins. My worst fears realized, I heard the door open. I equipped my farming tool and prepared to get my skull cleaved in two. The guy ran into the room, hatchet raised, and I went completely and totally apeshit. The next thing I know, I'm standing over his dead body, blood spraying everywhere as I continue to smash his still form into pulpy bits, screaming' "FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" Aside from the infected, I have never attacked anyone with a melee weapon. I guess I just wasn't sure he was dead. Shaking, feeling guilty for being forced to kill, and angry at the asshole who forced my hand and made me break my hoe, I slowly came around and realized everything was okay, for the moment. 

It may sound like business as usual to most of you, but I'm not used to this. If we were on a public hive server with my character that has been around since .54, I'm far more likely to snipe the zombie chasing you than I am to hurt you. I don't find myself in these kinds of situations as a general rule. This was one of the most intense experiences I've had as a new spawn thus far.

• Like 3

I played with 7 different characters yesterday and didnt get killed or even attacked once :D And that includes a run through Cherno and checking every house on the NW airfield on a full 40 man server.