shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Shit, I take that back! It's really hard when you die and respawn. I looted every house from Berezino to Turov and found nothing to eat or drink. So far I've died of starvation two times and killed by zombie two today. First thing I'll do when I manage to survive longer I'm going to stock up my tent with food! Those to cans of tactical bacon didn't last long, lol. Yes, the tent was still there :)

Does anyone else have problems with apples? I get the "I found something!" message but the apple doesn't show up in my inventory everytime. Super annoying when you are two minutes from dying of starvation. Also, apples seem to fill up my thirst but does it actually do anything about the hunger status?

I had an issue with apples not appearing in my inventory yesterday. However when I moved something to the empty slots, the apples appeared. Didn't happen every time but enough for me to figure it out. BTW if your inventory is full the apple usually goes to the ground and can be seen in the vicinity portion of your tab.

My public character had a rough time yesterday, found an mp5 and a lot of ammo for it. Yay! But I got a bit stupid and sniped a zombie with my SKS. Two zombies ran toward me so I pulled out the mp5 to give it a try. Two bursts two dead zeds. Uh oh... there's two more zombies coming. Then I get hit from behind... I take off running and holy crap there is three zeds behind me and two in front. So five zeds beat the crap out of me. I finally ditched them but I'd bled so bad the screen was totally desaturated by time I could bandage. Dying with him would have really sucked but I pulled through and healed up a bit before logging in a safe place. 

My musty character is doing good. Scavenging new places and surviving.

Edited by SkydogHex

Does anyone else have problems with apples? I get the "I found something!" message but the apple doesn't show up in my inventory everytime. Super annoying when you are two minutes from dying of starvation. Also, apples seem to fill up my thirst but does it actually do anything about the hunger status?

As above, try to move stuff around your inventory. As to the kcal yield of apples - it's not that much, but still way more than berries. When I spawn, I'm not above eating 15+ apples before I move on. Sure it is some time of F clicking, but is usually enough to get some farming/hunting/fishing gear, and respawning due to starvation wastes your time even more.

Logged in to Musty Gaming tonight. Wanted to play there and get some action in in hopes to one day be a part of tatanko's event at some point!

Spawn near kamyshovo, see a dude running towards town. i follow him. he aggros a zed. i run up and help him (dude only has brass knuckles) im barefisting it. we lay a smackdown on the zombie.

dude thanks me for the help. i tell him no problem (in type, i can't use my mic most times due to baby trying to fall asleep in the next room lol) 

i'm bleeding so i start to bandage.

another guy walks up while we're in the road. he is armed. has a sidearm out and a rifle or something on his back it looks like. he asks what happened to that guy (the zombie). we tell him we killed it. he sees that it's a zombie.

he asks "which one of you is cash" (i guess because i typed it shows my name). i wave to him.

gunshots ring out

im hit, the others scatter from what i can see. i crawl behind a building to bandage up. i look up and around the building comes someone in military gear with a handgun (not the guy that was talking in the street) and he finishes me off.

somehow i feel like i was set up.... lol

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

I haven't had a day(Z). anyone friendly want to play and loot? message me on my profile if so

Edited by Dudejrod

Logged in to Musty Gaming tonight. Wanted to play there and get some action in in hopes to one day be a part of tatanko's event at some point!

Spawn near kamyshovo, see a dude running towards town. i follow him. he aggros a zed. i run up and help him (dude only has brass knuckles) im barefisting it. we lay a smackdown on the zombie.

dude thanks me for the help. i tell him no problem (in type, i can't use my mic most times due to baby trying to fall asleep in the next room lol) 

i'm bleeding so i start to bandage.

another guy walks up while we're in the road. he is armed. has a sidearm out and a rifle or something on his back it looks like. he asks what happened to that guy (the zombie). we tell him we killed it. he sees that it's a zombie.

he asks "which one of you is cash" (i guess because i typed it shows my name). i wave to him.

gunshots ring out

im hit, the others scatter from what i can see. i crawl behind a building to bandage up. i look up and around the building comes someone in military gear with a handgun (not the guy that was talking in the street) and he finishes me off.

somehow i feel like i was set up.... lol

ya i told you lol..musty are full of crazies but out of the crazy half of the pops are cool..so far I have been lone wolfing 

Edited by thewire

So... the last couple days eh? 

Well- pub side has been interesting. Met up with Schwab over by CE at the boundary of Berezino and within 5 minutes we encountered a relatively fresh spawn. He had a few things but nothing noteworthy. We're both pretty nicely kitted out- but we hail him from a distance and put him at ease. 

"Just looking for my friends and a new spawn- can you kill me?" 

Yup. 

Schwab has a few issues on his end with his screen capture software and it causes him to crash- I stand by his wandering ghost as he gets things fired back up again. By the time he gets back in another fresh approaches... turns out it's the same guy. 

Now- looking back in hindsight the whole transaction was pretty clear. "You sound familiar for some reason..." 

"Yeah- we just killed you." 

"Oh yeah... that's why. What's your name anyway- you sound like someone I know." I was doing most of the talking so I answered. Schwab was still in and out of logging with his tech difficulties. 

"Eno... "

"Nope- not who I thought." 

"Okay- well you're fresh now... you want your stuff back?" Schwab had taken his mountain backpack from the guy's first life...

"No that's fine... not planning on living this life too long." 

"Want me to kill you again?" 

"No that's fine... just looking for my friends." 

Weird- last time he was looking for his friends he wanted a respawn. Now he doesn't. 

Alarum bells. 

I'm POSITIVE I saw some movement in a field to the west... I see it- and watch it. The movement caught my eye but then stopped. I watched... writing it off as a roaming zed. 

A bit more small talk... about 5 minutes goes by and this guy is just casually chatting. 

"Hey-" he says, "I wanted to say thanks by the way... for being a "good" guy." 

"It's hard, you know... in this game. It doesn't often pay dividends." 

"I know-" He replies... sounded honest. "The last few times I've been nice I got killed." 

Alarum bells. 

Unheeded. 

Schwab gets back in but right at the time he's logging in- 

SNAP... SNAP-

Fuck me- "Run- get some cover!" 

"Where'd the shot come from?" Schwab says- still paralyzed in his log-in. 

"No idea... moving into the mill... East! Dude-" I say in direct chat- "Get some cover." 

"Where are you? I don't know where you are-" 

Alarum bells- unheeded.

"I'm in the wood pile... I think I saw the guy to the north. Outside the mill fence. 

Silence.

"Okay I'm back in!" Schwab has started maneuvering in the mill... he's looking for me. 

"I'm about central- east of where you logged in." Gun shots... 

"He's in the mill... he just got me. Full face of shot gun it sounded like. I'm out." 

"Okay-"  I keep moving north- I Saw some movement there and maneuvered around the fence. I got lucky. The shooter was standing on the opposite side of the fence. Fortunately we were BOTH able to take advantage of the "peek" feature in 3pp. 

I poked my head out and pushed some 5.45 into the side of his face. He drops. 

"I got one-" SNAP SNAP- Shots close aboard... A second shooter in the bushes just behind the guy I fed a green wiener. I put a couple rounds out but didn't have time to aim. Suppressing fire... flailing fire... only difference is in effect. 

"Hey man- where are you?" the familiar voice of our fresh rings out.

"You ought to get some cover man..." He finds me.

"I'm trying." He follows me.

Alarum bells. Hello??? When am I going to just figure it out? 

Short version- I go running through a couple of wood piles and the shooter sees me. He clips me with an auto of some sort- I go unconscious. 

Dead. 

We were in fight club territory- I get it... we got bamboozled again- 

I'm still not feeling the badness... All that time with that character- but I have to be honest I've found SO MUCH gear in so many different places... I don't even care. All these guys talking about how there is NOTHING- it's very clear they're just checking the old HOT spots. Gear is LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. 

I don't care... 

Schwab and I log back into our common private server- but I don't have time to write about that...

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

I had an issue with apples not appearing in my inventory yesterday. However when I moved something to the empty slots, the apples appeared. Didn't happen every time but enough for me to figure it out. BTW if your inventory is full the apple usually goes to the ground and can be seen in the vicinity portion of your tab.

My public character had a rough time yesterday, found an mp5 and a lot of ammo for it. Yay! But I got a bit stupid and sniped a zombie with my SKS. Two zombies ran toward me so I pulled out the mp5 to give it a try. Two bursts two dead zeds. Uh oh... there's two more zombies coming. Then I get hit from behind... I take off running and holy crap there is three zeds behind me and two in front. So five zeds beat the crap out of me. I finally ditched them but I'd bled so bad the screen was totally desaturated by time I could bandage. Dying with him would have really sucked but I pulled through and healed up a bit before logging in a safe place. 

My musty character is doing good. Scavenging new places and surviving.

That worked fine, thank you!

I ended up living up of apples and today I actually found some canned food and drinks as well, but I didn't get the healing screen until just now. That's going to change my playing style for a bit since I haven't cared too much about getting hit by zombies before.

Made it back to my tent, yay! I don't think anything is missing, all the ammo is still there and that should probably be the first thing to go. I spotted someone driving a truck further down the hill though so I hope they haven't spotted my camp and going to come back later... I don't know. I think I'm going to plant some food and see if it's still there when I come back.

I think I'm going to hang around my campsite more and fish and such, or make a garden not too close from the spot. And then go on excursions for more nice loot.

I'm still not feeling the badness... All that time with that character- but I have to be honest I've found SO MUCH gear in so many different places... I don't even care. All these guys talking about how there is NOTHING- it's very clear they're just checking the old HOT spots. Gear is LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. 

Yeah, gear is everywhere, it seems only the cooking equipment is broken (and I couldn't find a medkit, maps are also super rare). Right now I could trade an ammo box (haven't seen this one since 0.45) for cooking appliances. Various kinds of mags, weapons... just look where you didn't use to. Another thing I like - plenty of tents at last. Pity they still seem to disappear on Wednesdays.

Yeah, gear is everywhere, it seems only the cooking equipment is broken (and I couldn't find a medkit, maps are also super rare). Right now I could trade an ammo box (haven't seen this one since 0.45) for cooking appliances. Various kinds of mags, weapons... just look where you didn't use to. Another thing I like - plenty of tents at last. Pity they still seem to disappear on Wednesdays.

Not just on Wednesdays- though seems inconsistent and I'm not sure what the condition is.

I've never seen an ammo box... But epi and morphine injectors aplenty. Not seeing matches... Now that you mention it not seeing med kits... But med supplies are everywhere. Saw my first .55 field shovel last night... I agree with your cooking items remark as well- haven't seen a tripod nor any cookware to speak of... 

"Look where you didn't used to" should be the new banner slogan for .55.

Edited by ENO75

Couple other things I've noticed in my travels... 

- random noises now include an extremely repetitive punching air sound.

- fires make a weird static impression on your back when your character is between your view point and the fire

- zombies often make no noise whatsoever when chasing you

- hitting a truck with a zombie frequently results in the zombie getting "stuck" in the truck somewhere and this causes repetitive breaking glass / headlight sounds. 

- the hit boxes around certain trees along the roads are enormous... I hit one at full speed (no tree in the middle of the road but yet I somehow smashed into something- beside a tree next to the road) and it knocked both front tires off and ruined my boots.

Overall though- this has been my favourite patch to date. A few nagging issues with persistence etc but been really enjoying the increased difficulty with zombies and their more realistic detection calibration. Also very happy to see the loot more evenly distributed even if there are still the occasional gasm in police stations and other strange locations. 

Logged in with a low-geared character outside Berezino, picked apples, killed a few zeds, found nothing, saw nobody, starving, logged out.

Logged in with a decently geared character in Chapaevsk, found some useless items and a kitchen knife which I keep, for......a thing. Avoided some zeds and shot three. Thought about going to cherno then decided against it. Got starving, logged out.

Logged in with a well-geared character at NW airfield. It was empty but I found a truck that I rode a bit of the way, then it broke after I ran over some zeds. Looted two towns in the middle of nowhere and found zilch. Tried to make a fire but the fireplaces kept dissapearing, Got starving, logged out.

Logged in with a well-geared character in Cherno. Noticed he was cold and also had ruined pants. I was going to move along when i hear shooting nearby. I sit and wait for a bit but nobody shows. I become starving, logged out.

Notice a pattern?

This patch sucks. If the little food you eat would do some good and there were some to find I wouldn't complain but its just ridiculous the way it is. I don't want my geared characters to die just because the devs decide to remove all food from the game.

I wouldn't say the loot is more evenly distributed either. Before it was distributed in a way that actually made some sense: Military gear in military sites, police stations and crashsites, medical supplies in medical buildings and household gear in households. Now its just random, If you actually find an item, it can be anything. I've found prisoner pants in red brick buildings, what are they doing there? Tents on rooftops? why? Do people tent on roofs in Chernarus? And lots of useless clothes in outhouses.

I do like the new icons for opening doors, climbing and such. And the zombies are better, now that they can be avoided. These things don't mean much though when the loot situation is ruining the whole experience.

I'm hoping for a 0.56 on wednesday with a functional loot system. Gonna play my lower-geared characters til then.

Just don't get how it is that I have to walk past food from a lack of space... and you can't find any? 

Not trying to poke at you but seriously- there can't be that big a difference between where we're looking...

EDIT: Okay... went on a private server last night- couldn't find anything... anywhere. Public- no shortage of items anywhere. Connection? Perhaps?

Edited by ENO75

Gunfight of the year.

Me and a friend were looting out a town just north of electro (think it was called kamyshovo?)

She finished looting the town and went to a hill behind the town to wait for me. Im looting a house when all of a sudden I hear voices.

I tell her, and we start to keep a look out. She sees two players run through the town on the hill, then another 3 come by (we didnt know they were all together at first.)

We didnt think they were friendly, because I could hear them talking about shooting people, so we decided to ambush them.

She has a mosin without a scope, but, manages to snipe one of them in the head outside of the police station.

Meanwhile, im waiting in the house still. I see the body, confirm the kill. Then another guy comes up to the body, and I hose him with a AKM. I go outside to check the area out, check a corner, turn around. Then a guy starts unloading on me, nicks me a few times. I duck back around the corner, and come out guns blazing, and manage a quick headshot. I got VERY lucky, since he only had a Sporter 22.

We looted, and moved on. Turns out there was 5 guys in that group. Just goes to show, working together and you can take the world on :)

She was streaming at the time, so we even managed to get it on video on youtube!

Just don't get how it is that I have to walk past food from a lack of space... and you can't find any? 

Not trying to poke at you but seriously- there can't be that big a difference between where we're looking...

EDIT: Okay... went on a private server last night- couldn't find anything... anywhere. Public- no shortage of items anywhere. Connection? Perhaps?

It might be the reason. I don't really get how there can be 40-50 people on a server and theres no loot. I will try public servers tonight and report my findings. I still have one character who isn't starving. Would be a shame to lose him to starvation though as I've had him since 0.53

Today was better. It seems like private servers had something not working before that is working now. I first played with my best geared character on a low-pop public fragnet server and although it helped that I was energized and hydrated from the start, I could find food, drink and even some decent stuff.

I then played on two private servers, one character in the north and one at the coast. Up north there were lots of loot. One lootgasm police station with orel and police uniforms, a rak and mags for it and mp5. Raks too noisy though so I left it. found food and clothes in other houses too. On the coast it was slimmer but I managed to find some backpacks and a mace. The mace sucked though so I almost got killed by two zeds. I hid in a building and had to rip my pristine tactical shirt to rags :(

I killed a chicken too but had to skin it and didnt have a knife. I ran to the shore and made a stone knife but when I got back it was gone :(

I could make a fire today, twice actually. Had a strange thing where someoens chainsaw noise would come on all the time, even though nobody was near. Very annoying.

Its still very rough for newspawns. The well-geared characters do fine as once you get energized and hydrated you don't need so much to keep you going. But the new characters really have to struggle. I think I ate 15 apples just to get to factory, where I found my first can of food. I then found another just after so I might make it to Kamyshovo. It depends on how much is spilled when I open it :/

I did notice that jogging helped. Running do eat a lot of energy.

Note for something that JUST happened. MY friend was aiming at a zombie, So was I. 

Turns out she was directly in front of the zombie, I was directly behind it. I shot, then she shot literally .5 seconds after. I get hit, go unconcious, but live.

Dayz, why you do.

Note for something that JUST happened. MY friend was aiming at a zombie, So was I.

Turns out she was directly in front of the zombie, I was directly behind it. I shot, then she shot literally .5 seconds after. I get hit, go unconcious, but live.

Dayz, why you do.

I'll just leave this here.

The four rules of firearm safety.

1.Treat every firearm as if it's loaded. ...

2.Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy. ...

3.Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it. ...

4.Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.

It's of general understanding that these rules are more on a common sense lvl.

Have her reread number three at least 12 times before playing with you again.

RvR

Edited by ASTINvlogs

2. if the game gets stale for you, try being a traveling trader. Like me

How do you trade exactly? Do you barter or do you use some kind of currency, such as bullets?

How do you trade exactly? Do you barter or do you use some kind of currency, such as bullets?

You apporach other players and say" Hello, I am friendly, wanna trade?" Then you will automatically lay down on the ground and your screen will go black. A screen will appear that says "you are dead" and trading can begin.

• Like 4

Anything and everything is trade fodder, most people in my travels trade in a currency of bandages, or food.

You can get whatever you want for bandages or food.

I once traded a guy a can of peaches for a misc amount of mosin ammo, he had a blaze. after trading him he attempted to shoot me which ended in him not having any ammo and getting wasted. 

Pretty fun playing as a trader.

Edited by leviski
  • Like 2

Sunday, I started a game in a first person server and I must say it way better than third person. With the new zombies possibly lurking behind corners, moving through towns really becomes a thrilling experience. Now finding a spot from which you have a good view of what you're getting into makes sense - also driving with a truck (that saved my life) without a 3pp drone above you makes you use the brake once in a while, not knowing what kind of a curve is there behind the hill. I would love rear view mirrors though.

I'm not going to say first person master race, but I'd encourage others to try, it really is a blast.

• Like 1

I once traded a guy a can of peaches for a misc amount of mosin ammo, he had a blaze. after trading him he attempted to shoot me which ended in him not having any ammo and getting wasted. 

Pretty fun playing as a trader.

I can imagine you got to give the benefit of the doubt, but stay highly vigilant at the same time... I bet many people try to take the bullet discount lol

So here i was, wandering about for two days looking for gear that i wanted, not needed , wanted. I gave up in the end after traversing half the map and went back to my home area. I was going through and picking what i needed and i heard a truck pull up :huh:

Didnt hear the doors so i made a retreat away into the bush and watched them try to loot what i had already gone through. There was a fuel can there though. I scoped them for a bit and if id wanted i could have picked them off so easily but meh. I went around and doubled back and found that they had parked the truck in the trees, along with the fuel can they found,  i scoped the area for a while and id say they had server hopped, sooooo i took the can and hid it at my spot, then went for a joy ride.

That will teach people to come to "my" place i know backwards and inside out , Run Forest Run, no trucky trucky. :thumbsup: :lol: :D

• Like 1

I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I have a semi-geared character, Mosin with scope, lots of ammo, M65 jacket, pack, assault vest but no food or drink, he's currently dying of dehydration. I know there's a fountain about 400 metres from where i currently am but my screen is VERY gray so he might drop any second. Do I drop the gear and hope I get there with my newspawn or should I run for the fountain? I got the gear for free off a dead guy but its still sad to lose it.

Been struggling for a week now as I had the cold shakes and didn't found any matches. Decided to go to a Myshkino tents and voilla, found the matches. As soon as I looted them I started hearing some weird noises. Looked around myself and to my surprise saw 2 dudes having a blast, running with lit flares and punching tanks with their bare fists, made me giggle. Decided to avoid them as they were fully armed, 1 minute later I hear a big bang. Went to check on them only to see his buddy blown himself up with a grenade and him mourning by his dead body. Shot his friend, perhaps a dick move but this patch was harsh for me with a week out of combat due to the cold shakes, the anger just built inside of me and I had to do it.