Sign in to follow this  
kircheschm

No one want to play because of the reset...

Its so bad, the reset never comes, no one want to loot now, Its not fun anymore... When is the reset?

I'll play tonight. I'm already a new character from the new hack that forces you to respawn. But I will try to get some new gear and have a little fun before the reset.

but we don't know when the reset is. So just play.

I'll play tonight. I'm already a new character from the new hack that forces you to respawn. But I will try to get some new gear and have a little fun before the reset.

but we don't know when the reset is. So just play.

dont boother...with your luck you get hackzored again back to the coast.

Its so bad, the reset never comes, no one want to loot now, Its not fun anymore... When is the reset?

I play, i just don't go off to to high populated servers and if i do i stick away from major cities unless i need ammo, clothing repair kit or food. Being a none pvper that i am most of the time.

• Like 4

I might be wrong, I'm beginning to think it’s just some sort of rumor. I looked through the .49 notes and there was nothing said about it what so ever. I also could find anything official stating a reset will happen or heard anything. I hope this whole reset thing is not just like the 14 page rant thread; it’s just some out of control speculation due to the dev. team not really talking about what they are doing. Growing pains of a prerelease.

If I’m wrong about this can someone please post an link to were the developers are officaily talking about doing this?

Edited by CJFlint

I'm playing nearly everyday with my buddy. We don't care much that it's all for nought because we're used to dying ^^

• Like 3

I might be wrong, I'm beginning to think it’s just some sort of rumor. I looked through the .49 notes and there was nothing said about it what so ever. I also could find anything official stating a reset will happen or heard anything. I hope this whole reset thing is not just like the 14 page rant thread; it’s just some out of control speculation due to the dev. team not really talking about what they are doing. Growing pains of a prerelease.

If I’m wrong about this can someone please post an link to were the developers are officaily talking about doing this?

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean."

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-18-august-14

• Like 1

OH NOESSS I got ressset?!?! gonna take me 2 whole hours to regear 0.0 what will I do?!?!?! I worked sooo hard server hoping at that military base I had to kill like 10 zombies. ugh  <--sarcasm

• Like 7

OH NOESSS I got ressset?!?! gonna take me 2 whole hours to regear 0.0 what will I do?!?!?! I worked sooo hard server hoping at that military base I had to kill like 10 zombies. ugh  <--sarcasm

This. Suck it up, ladies.

• Like 4

Here you go. Official warning on experimental servers.

28svhjt.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to say that :P

I played about 12 to 15 hours on the last week. I don't care what so ever for the wipe. Heck, I got 16 to 18 characters (8 to 9 on both regular, and hardcore servers) that got wiped since I always hop in experimental as soon as there's a new patch, and they wipe characters all the time.

Do you stop playing because you die and lose your gear? It's the same, only this time you have a vague idea of when it's gonna come.

Never treat an alpha/beta like a complete game. Of course you can have fun, but never consider them like a complete game.

The wipe is a huge positive for me! I have no attachment to my gear, perhaps other than dodgy clothing choices. I'd love to be able to play as soon as the servers are back up! It'll be all hunger gamesesque, just like the good old days where the majority have no gear and being a city with gear equals having 4/5 new spawns trying to punch you out. Unlike now when going into a city is like being dropped into "COD17 the loot em up edition."

Two hours? You must like getting FULLY geared man! Still completely agree with you tho.

Edited by TheRunningManZ

Here you go. Official warning on experimental servers.

28svhjt.jpg

So this means possibly the 10th of sept, well ok then we have to reset, we will se what happens. Does it state this on stable to or just exp? I would prefer not, but I kind of don't care either way that much...Gearing up is I have done more times then I can count, Im kind of become a DayZ hoarder.

Looks like someone collecting parts for a mosin :)

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

And your subject said, "No one want to play because of the reset..." 

This is so very false. I'm enjoying my time before the reset, and I'm going to enjoy it even more after the reset. Who have you heard isn't playing until after the reset?

Who cares really. Part of the fun  for me in day z is starting fresh, running around the map gearing up gathering then keeping my avatar alive keeping my avatar alive as long as posible....its what makes DayZ....DayZ. I really enjoy it for just as much as pvp.Then you live as long as you can, pvp or what ever, die and do it all over again. Everytime I do it its different. Its a perma death game, my avatar has a terminal illness (reset).

If it wasn't for all that well it would be just arma 2

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

comment_sBfZJylN0fZTUG6TFUjbd2va2sZA5rFF

dat color tho

I think the reset will be next wednesday when patch 0.49 comes to stable. Eugenharton said smth. about it somewhere, I think

EDIT: Here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209981-reddit-eugenharton-when-is-049-set-to-hit-stable/

"During the maintenance that I described above. We will wipe the stable database as already mentioned in our status report"

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

My whole squad stopped playing 3 weeks ago in anticipation of tents working and the wipe. Kind of silly to announce something like that then delay it for this long. I can understand why they are doing it, I just think the announcement was way to premature and causes alot of people to temporarily stop playing.

I hate lone wolf someone play with me tonight.

comment_sBfZJylN0fZTUG6TFUjbd2va2sZA5rFF

dat color tho

I think the reset will be next wednesday when patch 0.49 comes to stable. Eugenharton said smth. about it somewhere, I think

EDIT: Here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209981-reddit-eugenharton-when-is-049-set-to-hit-stable/

"During the maintenance that I described above. We will wipe the stable database as already mentioned in our status report"

Yeah I started to think it was a rumor, becuase I havn't played experimental this patch and did not remember seeing the warning. I think this means the 10th....hopefully.

Edited by CJFlint

My whole squad stopped playing 3 weeks ago in anticipation of tents working and the wipe. Kind of silly to announce something like that then delay it for this long. I can understand why they are doing it, I just think the announcement was way to premature and causes alot of people to temporarily stop playing.

I hate lone wolf someone play with me tonight.

2 3rds of my steam freinds list are dayz players....lately I have only seen one or 2 on. Everyone seems bugged out or in a holding to play dayz again.

Edited by CJFlint

Reset shmeset , play and have fun. Heck we died 3 times in Novo last night on a fully packed 40 pop server and im lookin forward to dying 3 more times tonight. :D got to meet some folks , help a few out that were worse off than we were and had a grand old time.

ps , to the dude in the yellow raincoat that sniped me from the top of the "empire state building" in novo last night , dude , nice shot ! 

• Like 1