hothtimeblues

I've been a big jerk. My chance to change.

I wanted to let the dayz fans, the dayz project staff, and the admins to know I feel bad about being so negative lately. I don't think it's helpful for what I've been saying. I have been thinking about how I want the game to be successful since it's so potentially fun when we are not getting hacked, etc.

So anyways, my bad guys. I will make a huge effort to change my negativity and perhaps frequent the suggestion thread more so I will be more inclined to add positive things.

I don't want to spread more negativity and hinder other players from enjoying the alpha.

Mad love for all, and sorry about being a dick.

• Like 15

I applaud you. Now if only the rest of this community could be as aware of their attitude as you.

A positive outlook from this community is what DayZ needs to excel to it's full potential.

What is going to motivate the devs to give it their all if all they get in return is spit in their face?

Beans.

Congrats and you know... it's sad but...

nobody cares. :D :D :D

Speak for yourself my friend.

It's a shame that a thread that's trying to squash negativity has to result in negative pessimistic responses.

Anger and let-down expectations can get the better of anyone. I think having the proper expectations is key to sticking with an Early Access game like this. We all pretty much deal with the same problems. But it's those of us that have the insight to see the probable future that can easily shrug off those negative experiences.

If you ever get mad at a game in development like this, take a breather, maybe stop playing for a few weeks or a couple months, whatever you need.

As long as I honor my new decision to be positive....

thanks supporters.

I love the game. I just hate hackers and glitches. So I just need to learn how to keep it all seperate.

Edited by hothtimeblues

I wanted to let the dayz fans, the dayz project staff, and the admins to know I feel bad about being so negative lately. I don't think it's helpful for what I've been saying. I have been thinking about how I want the game to be successful since it's so potentially fun when we are not getting hacked, etc.

So anyways, my bad guys. I will make a huge effort to change my negativity and perhaps frequent the suggestion thread more so I will be more inclined to add positive things.

I don't want to spread more negativity and hinder other players from enjoying the alpha.

Being negative DOES have its place though sometimes as long as its more constructive than anything else. Thats why i remain neutral with the game attitude wise. Some decisions with things like guns and weapons can be improved or more survival elements and the like. For me I just want the game to be semi authentic and fun. Thats why i keep making suggestions and constructive feed back when needed on topics.

I do think the best thing they have done though is listening to everyone wanting more sticks and stuff from chopping down trees and brushes that was NEEDED. That and this new weather elemental wear and tear system on the body coming out is great. I cant wait till i can watch a bear maul a few infected to death lol.

• Like 1

Cool, well articulated.. It takes a real man to be humble, yet confident.

I also apologize, because I'm a dick sometimes too. :)

• Like 2

There is no problem with leveling criticism when it is due but when all your commentary is negative that appears to be the act of a Troll. I'm glad you stepped back and re-evaluated. But that doesn't mean to ignore and remain silent about the bad things in the game as it is now.

I was playing this morning and the controls seemed sluggish and the zombies were re-spawning more rapidly than I've ever seen before and they were coming from all points of the compass (nine at one time)...I almost got killed. I was letting out a barrage of Mother Fuckers that would have burned the Virgin Mary's ears off. I had to scuttle out of the area like a whipped dog and I got chased by a crew of Zeds for almost a Kilometer and a half. However upon reflection it was a good session: twenty two Zeds eliminated, a bad leg and a fractured arm repaired, three instances of bleeding repaired and one dose of epinephrine administered.

hothtimeblues said, "I love the game. I just hate hackers and glitches. So I just need to learn how to keep it all separate." yes I hate those subhuman fucks as well hoth.

Welcome to the game again :thumbsup: 

Note: Most of my this AM's  problems were entirely my fault. I just got a new keyboard a Corsair  and I screwed up the mapping of the G1 thru G6 keys which on this keyboard are to the immediate left of the  [Esc], [~], [Tab], [Caps Lock], [shift] and [Ctrl] column. Now, I've eliminated the function of the G2 to G5 keys (inclusive) to prevent accidental activation.     

Edited by Xbow

Hard thing to see these days, nice attitude man.

My only fear over this game's development is about melee. Right now its one of the worse I have ever seen in a videogame, the animations on most of the weapons are a joke. Its the kingdom of inconsistencies in the game atm.

I so hope they take that tracer system seriously and that every animation for non-axe/farming hoe weapons are a placeholder...

Negativity.I mean, it happens every day all the time. The only way to combat it is to take charge of your own actions and act differently, in effect, changing the world one action at a time.

Now in DayZ.. I look at it differently. See DayZ is my vent. I take out things in game, that I cannot deal with properly in real life. Like being mad at the wife, or stressed about work.. sometimes killing other players, and acting like a dick in game, makes me feel better in real life due to the stress relief it brings me. Ive read articles about the subject, regarding players in GTA and how they do things they would never do in real life and it actually benefits them by helping them to deal with pent up aggressions and issues.

Like take me, Im a great example of cause and effect in dayz. Yesterday, I spent a great deal of effort and time baiting a gentleman out of the statue in Svetlo so that we could quite simply kill him. He was a tough nut to crack, but in the end I completely gained his trust and yes, we killed him.. twice in fact. He came back because he believed me so much. I felt bad, I admit it.. at one point I genuinely said to my team, "no, dont shoot him" and I meant it. But he died, twice, and we really had no need to kill him. Now fast forward about 30 minutes. Im fully geared, I mean grenades, cases, everything. All legit gear, no hacks, dupes, nothing. All looted properly or taken off of dead players. I die a senseless death backing up my teammate. I made a huge mistake. Lost everything. Instant Karma. But that is the beauty of DayZ. I kill, I die. Its that tension created in those moments that make this game fun to play. And without the devious acts, and treachery it just would not be as interesting. I mean what other game, can you spend an hour tricking someone into being killed by you? Not any that I can think of right now.

But with all of that said, it just feels wrong to do things like that too often. I hate the feeling I have afterwords at times. Some times its cathartic, like I said above.. but others it just feels like you beat someone up and you werent even mad at them or interested in what they had. In real life I could never do that, and in dayz I cant bring myself to do it very often at all. Now as far as it goes, regarding attitudes towards the staff of the game, and the community in general. I think if most of the people who did those things, practiced what I just preached in game.. they may find themselves less inclined to become an internet warrior spouting hatred and non-sense across the forums of Reddit and DayZ. :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Props my friend... Very well said. We can all take something from this I am sure.

Beans for you.

Speak for yourself my friend.

As long as I honor my new decision to be positive....

thanks supporters.

I love the game. I just hate hackers and glitches. So I just need to learn how to keep it all seperate.

Yeah. And that's it? Let us join hands and sing a couple of hymns in honor of the church of Rocket!

Really. At this stage of the project the criticism is absolutely necessary. Absolutely positive = no brains.

• Like 1

Beans, hoth.

There have been some discussions going on over the last couple of days. Your thread made me think of that both supporters and critics might take a breath or two and accept another ones opinion at one point rather than calling the other one a fanboy / sheep / idiot / faggot /troll.

Your biggest concern have been hackers at least, which are really a major pain in the ass. You're not one of those ranting unaimed at everything the devs do. You just did it a bit to repeatative even when it wasnt the topic. I have np with that. You have been annoying lately, but not wrong.

Edited by ChainReactor

Yeah. And that's it? Let us join hands and sing a couple of hymns in honor of the church of Rocket!

Really. At this stage of the project the criticism is absolutely necessary. Absolutely positive = no brains.

Im not praising rocket, im just giving a long over due apology to fellow fans here

A  campfire Kumbaya?  Enjoy!!!

• Like 2

A  campfire Kumbaya?  Enjoy!!!

Angel of Death

Monarch to the kingdom of the dead

Infamous butcher,

Angel of Death

• Like 1

I dont think even the strongest defenders of the game have ever EVER tried to say that the game is flawless, Its always good to express concerns ,constructive criticism is always valued but there is a difference between constructive and pure non rational trollish comments ( which happen far to often here).

For example I am a strong defender of the games alpha state but i have expressed my concerns on the planned global loot system but they have been tentative concerns why because we havent seen it in action so cant really say its good or bad before we try it. The same cant be said for some who throw criticism at the game basicly saying it should be finished by now cause they made 50million already etc etc..

• Like 1

Im not praising rocket, im just giving a long over due apology to fellow fans here

With all respect to fans and the community. No need to apologize. Devs don't need your apologizes, fans... we have nothing to do with it.

You won't change, You are what you are and some bitterness is understandable here after going deep into the game.

At first I was very negative, then I played the mod again and understood what they achieved so far and was very positive, but at this point it's semi bitter and semi hopeful, since they basicly can't keep any prediction they do.

Also I still remember: "What if everything would have turned out as they expected? What kind of game would we have if they only sold 250k copies in 2014? as they predicted?"

It wouldve been a mess, maybe to such an extent that it would be utterly hopeless to ever expect the game to be properly finished. 

Edited by Khanarac