OptimumVision

Well I've officially teamed up with a weed smoker.

I saved him from some zombies over at a place south of Novo, eventually I heard him talking with his room mate like "Hey man, want a joint?"

It's actually funny, he's like high and making little mistakes (Dropping guns and forgetting where they are.) We've added each other on steam so we will play more together.

• Like 2

I fail to follow.

Edited by OptimumVision

Pothead teammates are funny until you have to depend on them for anything. Then they tend to be the wrench in the spokes.

• Like 4

I saved him from some zombies over at a place south of Novo, eventually I heard him talking with his room mate like "Hey man, want a joint?"

It's actually funny, he's like high and making little mistakes (Dropping guns and forgetting where they are.) We've added each other on steam so we will play more together.

If your in a tense PvP fire fight may not be the best team mate lol but for your general search the map looting hunting fishing etc a stoner will atleast make your convo interesting no doubt...

• Like 1

If your in a tense PvP fire fight may not be the best team mate lol but for your general search the map looting hunting fishing etc a stoner will atleast make your convo interesting no doubt...

I may not be your average pot head but I am a very good pvper. I prefer to play the survival aspect of the game but I will return fire when shot at. Because of my survival play style I prefer to loot/hunt/ect over the map alone.

Pothead teammates are funny until you have to depend on them for anything. Then they tend to be the wrench in the spokes.

I am quite dependable. In several groups I have teamed up with I would have to say I am a more dependable than about 75% of the rest of the group. But like I stated above I may not be like your average pot head either.

don't play with him, bad influence!

Actually, I would prefer people I hang out with not smoke pot. Mainly because they usually do not have their own smoke and they want to smoke mine. I do not push what I do on anyone, it means I would have to share. I do not like to share my weed.

• Like 5

I am quite dependable. In several groups I have teamed up with I would have to say I am a more dependable than about 75% of the rest of the group. But like I stated above I may not be like your average pot head either.

Yep, I just said "tend to be." Not all are. But holy crap is it easy to get some of em sidetracked.

You can always rely on us to be funny, though .. You take care of the rest! :P

Some people can handle their substances better than others in general. THC is like everything else, very dependent on the user.

Amazingly (to me), I have made friends who I share some of my hobbies with who for YEARS had no idea I enjoy the herb until I told them.

Anyway, DayZ is the perfect game for the chronically paranoid IMO. :P

• Like 2

ugh...i found it only adds to my Paranoia Level...wich is a good Thing :D

But than, i find myself somewhere wich i can only describe to my mates as "a field and trees" and then kicking myself in the nuts for not having picked up the compass in the last town since "yeah i Play this since 600h i know the map" :D

Also i cracked up laughing when a dude cam up with a deer pelt in Hand stating he wanted to build the biggest Joint ever... :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 3

This is BS. I happened to be a pothead myself until my son was born and the same way I managed my relations and my job I managed my games:

Without any problems - just a lot more relaxed.

It really is the person that defines how you act when you are stoned.

• Like 2

We were in Novo and he somehow got lost and got all the way from Novo to severograd.

I had to go on ahead whilst he hiked back.

We were in Novo and he somehow got lost and got all the way from Novo to severograd.

I had to go on ahead whilst he hiked back.

Hey sometimes you just forget where you're trying to go, and what direction you're going again? and which way is north, Oh there's a deer, wait where am I going again? 

Edited by Capo

As others have said, the effects of marijuana are very subjective to the user.

If it weren't for my name, no one would know I'm a cannabis enthusiast.  ;)

& I'm sure you've encountered far more stoners in-game than you're aware of. Sounds like this one particular guy just couldn't handle his substance.

Everyone hates that guy when the blunt is in rotation  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I tried weed once. Then I vomitted so hard I thought my stomach was gone for good.

... but I actually have a pothead teammate as well, and he's surprisingly reliable. :D

As others have said, the effects of marijuana are very subjective to the user.

If it weren't for my name, no one would know I'm a cannabis enthusiast.  ;)

& I'm sure you've encountered far more stoners in-game than you're aware of. Sounds like this one particular guy just couldn't handle his substance.

Everyone hates that guy when the blunt is in rotation  :rolleyes:

Heh, for the longest time I got too paranoid in the game to even play.  It was usually caused by all the ambient noises that were going on and I'd just sit in one spot for about an hour or two before realizing I haven't done a damn thing. :P  I've been thinking about doing some zoomers and trying to play but that kind of has me scared lol.

Edited by Caboose187

Heh, for the longest time I got too paranoid in the game to even play.  It was usually caused by all the ambient noises that were going on and I'd just sit in one spot for about an hour or two before realizing I haven't done a damn thing. :P  I've been thinking about doing some zoomers and trying to play but that kind of has me scared lol.

I hear you man, I was the same way when I first started playing. Although I've been a marijuana user far longer than I've been playing DayZ. This game really does just do that to people -- make them paranoid. & of course the ambient noises don't help at all lol.

Not sure what zoomers are. Be safe & don't do anything stupid.  :)

• Like 1

Mushrooms :P

Ohh, okay lol. I've never experienced them personally. But to my understanding it can go one way or the other. You have a bad trip & you'll be battling your brain for hours on end. Eating shrooms is literally intentionally giving yourself food poisoning for the desired effects. Hallucinogens just aren't for me. But to each their own. & what you choose to put in your body is your right as a human being.  :)

Just be smart about it. If you haven't experienced them yet, definitely educate yourself first.

This is a great website filled with concrete knowledge & research pertaining to all drugs: http://www.erowid.com

Users also share their personal experiences with all sorts of substances ranging anywhere from euphoria to train-wreck disasters.

(Sorry for the pep-talk -- Just some friendly advice. & sorry for hijacking the thread  ;) )

At OP: You've encountered many more weed smokers than your aware of, I'm sure.

This. Not everyone who smokes is a stereotype.

I roleplay and get more friendly when I'm high lol. Usually die but have tons of fun