OptimumVision

Well I've officially teamed up with a weed smoker.

Mushrooms :P

Hallucinogens + DayZ = Bad Mix. 

Trust me.. you dont want Zeds coming out of your walls in what seems to be real life. You just dont. 

• Like 3

I have never known either somebody who smokes or even alcoholics commit serious crimes like armed robbery, burglary, house invasions, assaults, car jackings to obtain said substances. And what is cigarettes nowadays, $10 a pack?

So your argument stems solely from personal experience & not fact? & where are the facts that state that any of those crimes committed were nothing more than the byproduct of someone being under the influence of a substance? Every crime that you just listed has been committed by plenty people who were perfectly sober & in their right state of mind. Drugs are not the cause of 100% of crimes. In fact, crime rates have dropped significantly in states such as Colorado & Washington since the legalization of marijuana, because for one, it's literally no longer a crime to possess it, & secondly, it takes cash out of the drug cartels hands. & good, hard-working citizens now have a safe place to go to find their product. Colorado raised 2million in dollars in taxes in it's first month of selling marijuana legally. All of which went to school funding.

• Like 3

Wow, you wen't there. So you MUST know exactly how he uses it, right? Ah yes, you must, based on the "kind" of people you already categorized him to be.

Are you being sarcastic? Nearly 40% of serious crimes are committed when under the influence of alcohol.

https://ncadd.org/learn-about-alcohol/alcohol-and-crime

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ac.pdf

Do you have a reading comprehension problem too? I said for the substance, not under it's influence. Take it or leave it but society finds alcohol use acceptable. All others no. When you are in handcuffs, mommy is not gonna save you from the convict in the next cell. To risk that is OK with you? Over a drug? Nice value to teach your kids or future kids. Sorry son, I rather go to jail for doing mushrooms rather than be with you. What a super supr role model.

Also I never said the country is perfect or society is perfect.

Never said you did.

But we are goverened by a set of laws that were enacted by representatives who voted them in. We don't get to pick the laws we like and ignore the others. At least without immunity.

So we're suppose to not voice ourselves & conform because that's just how it is? What about our 1st Amendment rights? It's unAmerican.

Why is it the minority always wants it their way? And yes, those who want to legalise marihuana are in the minority. There you go.

We're a minority in your eyes. FYI, it takes the majority of voters to change such laws (i.e. Colorado, Washington)

Don't like our society and it's rules go live in Amsterdam or Colorado.

At no point did I say that I dislike our society as a whole. Quite the opposite -- I very much appreciate our society because I'm given the right to voice my opinion & be heard, where as in other societies I could be beheaded.

What if MLK never voiced his opinion?

You probably won't be force fed disinfectant though. Shame.

There is absolutely no sense in making this argument personal. I'm stating my argument, & you're arguing incoherently.

Yeah, we should all give away our cars to jackers while we're at it. Logical argument.

At what point did I say anything even pertaining to this whatsoever..?

In a representative democratic society I don't get to have it my way. Lot's of me(s) gets to have it my way.

I have the same right as you do to act for change. Regardless of the amount of supporters & those who share the same views as I do.

Break the rules here in this forum. See what happens.

Please, show me what rules I've broken & I assure you I won't let it happen again. Although I'm sure I'm keeping my argument well within the rules & guidelines of this forum. If anyone is close to breaking rules, it's you, my friend.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

My argument is drugs of any kind are illegal except in certain places already stated. I don't partake and will never condone illegal behavior. I will never be in handcuffs for the activities I choose to be a part of. So seeya round the forums. I feel a good buzz coming on.

Bad boys! Bad boys! What you gonna do? What you gonna do when they come for you.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem too?

Only one person here appears to have an issue regarding reading comprehension..

weird-al-yankovic-rambo.jpg

You have a reading comprehension problem? I'm not talking about The Great Society. I'm talking about a great society in general.

Clearly taken out of context, America is my example, Because it would fall under the guise of "A so called Great Society"  Would it not?

Where is this proof that pot has been proven to be the most beneficial plant on the planet?

Where the eff do I start?   It must be very VERY dark where you are, Because your head must be FAR, FAR, FAR up your hiney.  (see how nicely I said that?)

I could make this a mile long,   But considering the ignorance of your reply, You don't take well to subversive thinking patterns.  So I'll leave you with all this. The tip of the ice burg.

Let's start with the US patent shall we? That they quietly acquired sum years ago.

http://www.google.ca/patents/US6630507

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/23/5-must-know-facts-cannabidiol-cbd/

CBD effects:

Antiemetic Reduces nausea and vomiting Anticonvulsant Suppresses seizure activity Antipsychotic Combats psychosis disorders Anti-inflammatory Combats inflammatory disorders Anti-oxidant Combats neurodegenerative disorders Anti-tumoral/Anti-cancer Combats tumor and cancer cells Anxiolytic/Anti-depressant Combats anxiety and depression disorders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/29/nida-marijuana-research_n_5737592.html

http://mychronicrelief.com/cannabis-science/cannabinoids/

http://norml.org/library/item/introduction-to-the-endocannabinoid-system

What Is The Endocannabinoid System?

The endogenous cannabinoid system, named after the plant that led to its discovery, is perhaps the most important physiologic system involved in establishing and maintaining human health. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. In each tissue, the cannabinoid system performs different tasks, but the goal is always the same: homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment.

Cannabinoids promote homeostasis at every level of biological life, from the sub-cellular, to the organism, and perhaps to the community and beyond. Here's one example: autophagy, a process in which a cell sequesters part of its contents to be self-digested and recycled, is mediated by the cannabinoid system. While this process keeps normal cells alive, allowing them to maintain a balance between the synthesis, degradation, and subsequent recycling of cellular products, it has a deadly effect on malignant tumor cells, causing them to consume themselves in a programmed cellular suicide. The death of cancer cells, of course, promotes homeostasis and survival at the level of the entire organism.

Endocannabinoids and cannabinoids are also found at the intersection of the body's various systems, allowing communication and coordination between different cell types. At the site of an injury, for example, cannabinoids can be found decreasing the release of activators and sensitizers from the injured tissue, stabilizing the nerve cell to prevent excessive firing, and calming nearby immune cells to prevent release of pro-inflammatory substances. Three different mechanisms of action on three different cell types for a single purpose: minimize the pain and damage caused by the injury.

The endocannabinoid system, with its complex actions in our immune system, nervous system, and all of the body's organs, is literally a bridge between body and mind. By understanding this system we begin to see a mechanism that explains how states of consciousness can promote health or disease.

In addition to regulating our internal and cellular homeostasis, cannabinoids influence a person's relationship with the external environment. Socially, the administration of cannabinoids clearly alters human behavior, often promoting sharing, humor, and creativity. By mediating neurogenesis, neuronal plasticity, and learning, cannabinoids may directly influence a person's open-mindedness and ability to move beyond limiting patterns of thought and behavior from past situations. Reformatting these old patterns is an essential part of health in our quickly changing environment.

What Are Cannabinoid Receptors?

Sea squirts, tiny nematodes, and all vertebrate species share the endocannabinoid system as an essential part of life and adaptation to environmental changes. By comparing the genetics of cannabinoid receptors in different species, scientists estimate that the endocannabinoid system evolved in primitive animals over 600 million years ago.

While it may seem we know a lot about cannabinoids, the estimated twenty thousand scientific articles have just begun to shed light on the subject. Large gaps likely exist in our current understanding, and the complexity of interactions between various cannabinoids, cell types, systems and individual organisms challenges scientists to think about physiology and health in new ways. The following brief overview summarizes what we do know.

Cannabinoid receptors are present throughout the body, embedded in cell membranes, and are believed to be more numerous than any other receptor system. When cannabinoid receptors are stimulated, a variety of physiologic processes ensue. Researchers have identified two cannabinoid receptors: CB1, predominantly present in the nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, glands, and organs; and CB2, predominantly found in the immune system and its associated structures. Many tissues contain both CB1 and CB2 receptors, each linked to a different action. Researchers speculate there may be a third cannabinoid receptor waiting to be discovered.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4

http://www.cmcr.ucsd.edu/images/pdfs/05_Zhuang.pdf

Edited by G.Freeman
  • Like 3

See, thats just was I was talking about Freeman! :D

Most Law Enforcement officers look at this data as if its a moon landing conspiracy.. they just cant believe it. Trust me, my father is one of the higher ups in the LAPD.

He hates the truth about THC and cannabinoids.

Hates it. 

• Like 2

Omg I came into this thread expecting a mellow laid back hippy discussion and it turns into a heated argument.

Typical Dayz forum madness.

I smoke everytime I play dayz...

I see blue.... He looks GLORIOUS!

• Like 5

My argument is drugs of any kind are illegal except in certain places already stated. I don't partake and will never condone illegal behavior. I will never be in handcuffs for the activities I choose to be a part of. So seeya round the forums. I feel a good buzz coming on.

Bad boys! Bad boys! What you gonna do? What you gonna do when they come for you.

I'm a white guy with a college degree and a job. Drugs are pretty much legal for me, especially in New York. Here is an informative article on the subject: http://www.theonion.com/articles/drugs-now-legal-if-user-is-employed,110/

Edited by flimsypremise
  • Like 1

My argument is drugs of any kind are illegal except in certain places already stated. I don't partake and will never condone illegal behavior.

& that's your right, & I support you.

I will never be in handcuffs for the activities I choose to be a part of.

Come to Svetlojarsk, that may change sooner than you think.  ;)

Greet them with a "Good evening officer, what seems to be the problem?", answer their bullshit questions, then part ways & light a fatty.

• Like 2

I'm a white guy with a college degree and a job. Drugs are pretty much legal for me, especially in New York. Here is an informative article on the subject: http://www.theonion.com/articles/drugs-now-legal-if-user-is-employed,110/

I was a New York State Trooper for 22 years and I assure you my buddies will arrest you. Go ahead show them that article. 

I was a New York State Trooper for 22 years and I assure you my buddies will arrest you. Go ahead show them that article. 

I don't smoke but I am all for legalization.  It is silly that the number of smokers hasn't caused this to happen yet.  Downsides?  Sure, but unless one outlaws alcohol I tend to lean towards the concept that booze is worse given the number of aggressives I see who are drunk vs. typical stoners.  The Puritans of society did try to outlaw booze but society at large eventually won the right to keep it.  I suspect eventually this will happen with pot.

It does cause psychotic issues with a select portion of the populace though and that does need to be pursued, and the higher concentration weed is a real issue, along with the synthetic crap (legalization should get rid of that though).

I live in California which would become Mecca if it was legalized on a federal level, and want to know the most surprising group that RESISTS legalization here?  It is not the police or other such groups, but the illegal growers themselves.  Keeping it illegal helps them keep their profits up.  Make it legal, and watch them go out of business.

And just to throw this into the mix, everyone thinks of the typical (illegal) grower as a misplaced college student who weighs 89 lbs and wears glasses.  Not true here in Cali, they are fairly scary militant types who kill or maim the more innocent members of society trying to hide their crops. Hiking in the green triangle for any reason (pleasure or work) is extremely dangerous.  Legalize it and that aspect fades.

Edited by Zombie Milkman
  • Like 3

I don't smoke but I am all for legalization.  It is silly that the number of smokers hasn't caused this to happen yet.  Downsides?  Sure, but unless one outlaws alcohol I tend to lean towards the concept that booze is worse given the number of aggressives I see who are drunk vs. typical stoners.  The Puritans of society did try to outlaw booze but society at large eventually won the right to keep it.  I suspect eventually this will happen with pot.

It does cause psychotic issues with a select portion of the populace though and that does need to be pursued, and the higher concentration weed is a real issue, along with the synthetic crap (legalization should get rid of that though).

I live in California which would become Mecca if it was legalized on a federal level, and want to know the most surprising group that RESISTS legalization here?  It is not the police or other such groups, but the illegal growers themselves.  Keeping it illegal helps them keep their profits up.  Make it legal, and watch them go out of business.

The true results won't be in for a couple of years on the situation in Colorado and Washington. I suspect there will be an increase in DUI type offenses. Marihuana use is a little harder to detect vs alcohol but sometimes the smokers make it easy. Like smoking in the car and expecting the smell to dissipate quickly. Smell catches them or in combination (the smell again) with alcohol use. Whatever the reason for wanting marihuana use legal I have to disagree.

One drug legal is enough. The slippery slope scares the hell out of me. Once marihuana use is made legal where does it end? At what drug. I believe drugs do have a negative affect on society in general. It's what I believe and will believe so until the end of my life. Can't convince me otherwise, sorry.

Realize though, I was young once.  

I hope you two can get along because you both seem to be great people and I hope you'll be playing together on the same server soon. :)  

There are some valid points on both sides of this debate, often where you land depends on your own experiences with the issue and how you've been affected personally.  I'm sure being a police officer exposes a person to the scary underbelly of drug culture and drug use and it's affects - a side very few other people have to see in such frequent detail, and I can also agree that here in California the illegal growing is indeed both out of control and also pretty scary and incredibly profitable for the worst types of big growers - cartels and militants.    

I would think most police officers would agree that alcohol might be the more dangerous substance when it comes to violence, DWI, etc. (at least if we're talking about weed), certainly in terms of domestic violence and DUI deaths I would think.  

In the end, it's an unfortunate fact of the world we live in that highly addictive substances have a lot of other negatives attached to them.

I hope you two can get along because you both seem to be great people and I hope you'll be playing together on the same server soon. :)

There are some valid points on both sides of this debate, often where you land depends on your own experiences with the issue and how you've been affected personally.  I'm sure being a police officer exposes a person to the scary underbelly of drug culture and drug use and it's affects - a side very few other people have to see in such frequent detail, and I can also agree that here in California the illegal growing is indeed both out of control and also pretty scary and incredibly profitable for the worst types of big growers - cartels and militants.    

I would think most police officers would agree that alcohol might be the more dangerous substance when it comes to violence, DWI, etc. (at least if we're talking about weed), certainly in terms of domestic violence and DUI deaths I would think.  

In the end, it's an unfortunate fact of the world we live in that highly addictive substances have a lot of other negatives attached to them.

We absolutely can. I have family members that do it. I just can't condone it. So if you do it in front of me I will do something about it. My best friend in my whole life loved drugs. Unfortunately, he died of alcoholism.

And for certain alcohol is a dangerous substance and causes our biggest grief. Information is and has tempered that somewhat however. I just don't want another drug added into the queue. Especially drugs that can't be detected as easily as alcohol. I'm sure the scientists are at work designing new detection devices.

Huh. I would have thought someone in law enforcement would be aware that possession of under a half-ounce of a controlled substance without intent to sell is a misdemeanor offense, not a felony. Regardless, there's no greater waste of time than arguing drug policy with a police officer. Maybe you'll listen to one of your own though: 

• Like 2

Huh. I would have thought someone in law enforcement would be aware that possession of under a half-ounce of a controlled substance without intent to sell is a misdemeanor offense, not a felony. Regardless, there's no greater waste of time than arguing drug policy with a police officer. Maybe you'll listen to one of your own though: 

When I make responses, unless I'm speaking to professionals or I'm trying to teach, I speak in general terms. I have never made an arrest without looking it up in the penal law first. I don't have the whole book memorized. I don't think any police officer does unless he's got a photographic memory. Do you know how big the New York State Penal Law is? Even while in the academy, we were supposed to use the book during examinations.

Now for the video. This may come as a surprise to you, but you could put up a thousand of those videos. I have my own mind and my own belief system. I am not a politician. I don't conduct my life by polls. I don't follow the crowd. I think for myself. However, when it came to the job, I did what was required of me. I did my job regardless of gender, creed, race, age etc. My personal beliefs never once took precedence. Like it or not police officers will do their jobs until the law is changed. Obviously, the majority doesn't want it legalized, yet. Only two states out of fifty chose to legalize. Not many countries have legalized it either. I will believe what I believe until I die, I promise you.

edit: I just had to clarify something. Drug laws are not universal across the nation. Otherwise, all states, would have marihuana use legal.

For instance in New York, possession of 28 grams of marihuana, for personal use is a violation (not a crime - therefore decriminalized).

I believe in the neighboring state of Vermont any amount is still a crime (misdemeanor). I'm talking about a small personal use amount, not a shitload. Those in both states are still felonies (obviously crimes).

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Try getting caught in Texas with a couple seeds lol... Bad news bears

There are some valid points on both sides of this debate, often where you land depends on your own experiences with the issue and how you've been affected personally. I'm sure being a police officer exposes a person to the scary underbelly of drug culture and drug use and it's affects - a side very few other people have to see in such frequent detail, and I can also agree that here in California the illegal growing is indeed both out of control and also pretty scary and incredibly profitable for the worst types of big growers - cartels and militants.

I don't actually see an argument. Differences of opinion are always a healthy thing. I am against legalizing anything else, so you could say we mostly agree. ;)

• Like 2

shrooms and dayZ ?

You wont walk anywhere really, since ALL THE TREES are your friends now... It is just like that...*word of advice...dont try to fiddle with your GF while you booth are "shrooming"...its...weired and you will get sidetracked...also...indoors is bad vibes...

heh bring back some.. interesting memories from my late teen years xD sadly i think id get banned from teh forums if i went into detail lol.

on topic, i know a ton of ppl who play games drunk, high, or both on various substances. some you would never know if you didn't know them out of game. this guys probably just the most obvious encounter you've had.