Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

cant wait for beta then atleast they cant use its alpha for an excuse.

will be intresting what the sheep use then.

maybe thats why rocketis going when beta arrives as there is no excuses.

Edited by dgeesio

The game is awesome, has massive potential, but has normal, alpha-related bugs. Deal with it.

*snippped*

i hate the rick in the series...you on the other hand...you are cute.

• Like 1

And how do they think to optimize the game on dx10/11 as it is running badly on DX9? That is lighter!

This quote right here proves that you should never again question the development of a video game.

cant wait for beta then atleast they cant use its alpha for an excuse.

will be intresting what the sheep use then.

maybe thats why rocketis going when beta arrives as there is no excuses.

Oh.. trust me..in Beta i will do a lot of complaining and ranting..which is when you do it. Until then i give the Devs the benefit of the doubt.. as you should also do.

• Like 1

Oh.. trust me..in Beta i will do a lot of complaining and ranting..which is when you do it. Until then i give the Devs the benefit of the doubt.. as you should also do.

You are only allowed 50% complaining/ranting in Beta, as opposed to 15% in Alpha. RC your allotment is 75%, and Full Release is 95%.  ;)

• Like 2

This quote right here proves that you should never again question the development of a video game.

Then pick up any game that allow you to swap from DX9 to DX10 or 11 and tell me the performance differences, with better performance on the last 2.

Then post it out a screenshot and shut me up. But of course you will not because there aren't.

I'm not posting to look a bloody fool, as many doing here. I Post facts not fantasies.

6 months a know issue and we are still on high sea...that's a GG in my languange and even on your

Edited by GunnyITA

Isn't he correct? Simply switch from DX9 to DX10/11 won't magically increase performance.

Then pick up any game that allow you to swap from DX9 to DX10 or 11 and tell me the performance differences, with better performance on the last 2.

As I understand it, the DayZ devs are replacing the current rendering engine. Right now the rendering engine is tightly coupled with the simulation engine which is, perhaps, why game performance is so CPU bound. They seem to be decoupling the rendering engine so rendering performance won't be as affected by what the other parts of the game engine are doing.

• Like 1

Oh,,,, stop ranting all of you and stay on Topic...

Hello Boneboys,

If you read the post that started this 13 page "ranting" thread, it’s because a player is upset about bugs. I personally have seen the exact same bugs and for quite a while was quite frustrated by them, which turned into a little bit of a resentment toward the games. But I really wanted to get back to playing, so I experimented and did some forum research to figure out what might fix some of these issues. 90% of the bugs were related to "HIGH PING" and server bandwidth. I know this because ever since I started going on 65 ping and below servers all those game glitches went away...stuff like zombies that invisible, zombies going through walls, disappearing items ect ect ect. In fact on lower ping servers the only bug I saw was the weird pitter patter noise while running crouched not aimed in.

So much of these bugs are not really bugs, they are ping issues. The problem no one from the DayZ staff has explained this to the players, or at least not enough. They are left to figure this out on their own. Which as we can see here allot of them haven’t which I don't think is there fault. I think you guys should make an effort to let everyone know, otherwise we get these stupid 13 page threads that was originated from seriously easy to fix game play issues. After .47 stable DayZ became much more effected by ping.  

Just letting you know.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

As I understand it, the DayZ devs are replacing the current rendering engine. Right now the rendering engine is tightly coupled with the simulation engine which is, perhaps, why game performance is so CPU bound. They seem to be decoupling the rendering engine so rendering performance won't be as affected by what the other parts of the game engine are doing.

Yea but how they will proceed? they will finish to render at this on DX9? or there will be no fix on the actual one to swap to another?

And even if they are going to take another direction, on either cases an optimization is needed, otherwise working on dx10 or 11 will be heaver than the actual one on 9!

First of all this engine is not properly designed for Quad core and OCTACORE CPU.

that's logical! Any game that works on DX 9 - 10-11 working lighter on 9! Even those that are born on 10-11 but still able to downgrade to 9.

I hate when people make you look like a dumb, while they are the first to being completely wrong over any logical aspect

Edited by GunnyITA

Hello Boneboys,

If you read the post that started this 13 page "ranting" thread, it’s because a player is upset about bugs. I personally have seen the exact same bugs and for quite a while was quite frustrated by them, which turned into a little bit of a resentment toward the games. But I really wanted to get back to playing, so I experimented and did some forum research to figure out what might fix some of these issues. 90% of the bugs were related to "HIGH PING" and server bandwidth. I know this because ever since I started going on 65 ping and below servers all those game glitches went away...stuff like zombies that invisible, zombies going through walls, disappearing items ect ect ect. In fact on lower ping servers the only bug I saw was the weird pitter patter noise while running crouched not aimed in.

So much of these bugs are not really bugs, they are ping issues. The problem no one from the DayZ staff has explained this to the players, or at least not enough. They are left to figure this out on their own. Which as we can see here allot of them haven’t which I don't think is there fault. I think you guys should make an effort to let everyone know, otherwise we get these stupid 13 page threads that was originated from seriously easy to fix game play issues. After .47 stable DayZ became much more effected by ping.  

Just letting you know.

yea, lagg is part of the things that ruins the game.

I'm playing on experimental on EU servers and the latency is horribly high: Stuttering, lagging, animation, hours to log in, hours to eat etc....

The displayed ping on server list and on player list on game is false

I don't really know how they are going to fix at that. It is not the first existing game that have such of this problem, and i mean final.

Edited by GunnyITA

Then post it out a screenshot and shut me up. But of course you will not because there aren't.

I'm not posting to look a bloody fool, as many doing here. I Post facts not fantasies.

6 months a know issue and we are still on high sea...that's a GG in my languange and even on your

That is a silly thing to ask for, because just about every game when you switch from DX9 to DX10/11, it is enabling lots of extra effects bells and whistles that skew the result. If you could switch from DX9 to DX10/11 with the same visual fidelity, you'd see a performance increase.

Regardless, all the developers tout this upgrade as being a performance improvement. I'm more inclined to believe the guys actually working with the code.

Rocket: "DX11 certainly provides dramatic performance increases in scene rendering. In addition during the process of rewriting the renderer it can be written specifically to deal with DayZ's use case". Maybe the current DX9 renderer is just so bad that DX10/11 can only be an improvement?  ;)

Until we see the new renderer in action, it's all conjecture coming from our perspective.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 1

That is a silly thing to ask for, because just about every game when you switch from DX9 to DX10/11, it is enabling lots of extra effects bells and whistles that skew the result. If you could switch from DX9 to DX10/11 with the same visual fidelity, you'd see a performance increase.

Regardless, all the developers tout this upgrade as being a performance improvement. I'm more inclined to believe the guys actually working with the code.

Rocket: "DX11 certainly provides dramatic performance increases in scene rendering. In addition during the process of rewriting the renderer it can be written specifically to deal with DayZ's use case"

Until we see the new renderer in action, it's all conjecture coming from our perspective.

If so i hope yo are right.

But for now as many things they are adding, as much lagg exist on the game and some towns aren't even crossed because of that.

More object and items to load in.

Personally my roadmap at this point would be: after the 0.49 update, focus on the engine! Even if it will take 2 month of works without any other update, but it must be this.

You can't add vehicles on this status!

Edited by GunnyITA

yea, lagg is part of the things that ruins the game.

I'm playing on experimental on EU servers and the latency is horribly high: Stuttering, lagging, animation, hours to log in, hours to eat etc....

The displayed ping on server list and on player list on game is false

I don't really know how they are going to fix at that. It is not the first existing game that have such of this problem, and i mean final

Well private servers I have know idea, its really up to who evers hosting I guess.  

But you know exactly what I'm talking about. Before .47 we high ping servers were somewhat functional. After .47 high ping wrecks game play to the point it just not playble. Its easly corrected, just don't go on high ping servers, no if you can't find one theres a another issue that needs to be looked into.

If so i hope yo are right.

But for now as many things they are adding, as much lagg exist on the game and some towns aren't even crossed because of that.

More object and items to load in.

Personally my roadmap at this point would be: after the 0.49 update, focus on the engine! Even if it will take 2 month of works without any other update, but it must be this.

You can't add vehicles on this status!

I hope I'm right too!  :D

In-town FPS drops will probably be helped quite a bit by DX10's improved occlusion culling:

• Predicated Rendering allows drawing calls to be ignored based on some other conditions. This enables rapid occlusion culling, which prevents objects from being rendered if it is not visible or too far to be visible.

... among other likely renderer improvements.

As for "focus on the engine," there is basically a dedicated team doing that. Work on other content does not need to stop in the mean time, because that is the job of other teams: modeling, scripting, sound, etc, are not part of engine development.

Uh, all I said was your comment was stupid. I haven't yet provided my opinion on the matter.

Just because they're switching to DX10 or 11, the game isn't going to magically run better. Take Metro 2033 for example. It was originally programmed to run on DX9, but later DX10 and 11 support was enabled, adding ADOF (advanced depth of field) and some other things. The new version of Direct X only adds support for new technologies with the potentiality of improving performance. The latter falling more squarely on the shoulders of the programmers of the game in question.

I have games that run like shit in DX9 and games that run like shit in DX10. The version of DX isn't the be all end all for determining performance. Look at ARMA 3. It's on DX11 and suffers from many of the same issues that plague DayZ. Structures cause frame rate drops in it, too.

Anyway, all we can do is wait until the game is released. They won't address performance until beta, so why bother crying now?

I feel for you man. But it's no use. These people are either ignorant or trollish.

Ignorance because given the facts they still refuse to understand. Let me explain. Suppose a company decides to make a frying pan. That frying pan is made out of metal. The metal for the pan is made into a blank for each pan. Ignorance is when you look at that blank and expect it to act like a frying pan.

If they do understand the fact but only state things to incite or inflame that is trollish.

I don't know which is at work here. Probably more trollish because I can't believe people would be this ignorant. Feeding the trolls has become irksome for me.

What's worse is people think that any defense to the development is 100% blind famboyism.

I am fully aware that all of our efforts to help with bug reports and feedback may be ignored. But I took a risk with this.

I have pointed out flaws, written tickets, and made complaints. But trying to rabble rouse on the forums is an annoyance for most.

I've never had reason to really lose faith in BI or Rocket. But if I did, I would just take note and no longer support their products.

It's like how I will not touch most things made by EA. Their business practices disgust me, and the quality of their products, especially AAA games, is embarrassing.

The only reason I even play BF4 is because I recently found it used for 10 bucks, and I have a keyboard and mouse setup for my PS4... and honestly, 10 bucks feels right for that game.

• Like 2

when trolls troll the mods:

please hold your applause (humming and chest beating accepted)

LEL where did those extra 2 pages come from :O

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Dayz (though in Alpha) is a good game.

People who respond to complaints with only (It's an alpha) are not better then the people who whine in ignorance of the process of creating a video game.

The graphics are pretty sweet in my opinion, better then the graphics coming from the competition. The foundation of the game is solid and the devs are working hard. I believe, when completed, DayZ will be an awesome game (that's my hope anyway).

Currently it is playable and you can have a good time. There are problems but that is to be expected while in Alpha. As others have mentioned, the reason we see new shirts, hunting, fishing, new weapons instead of core gaming problems being added is because it isn't a cut and dry "fix it" linear path. I'm not a fanboy and I have a little bit over 300 hours in DayZ.

Right now, as it stands, once you're geared up there isn't much left to do but kill other players or maybe explore the map and do some hunting and fishing (and lighting a fire to cook on).

That would be my main gripe at the moment but it wouldn't be a legitimate complaint because the game is still in Alpha.

People need to have some freaking patience. When people say "In order to play the game you have click on "I understand" they would be 100% correct. We all bought an unfinished product. If you don't like it then log out and play another game. It really is that simple. There are pretty much no legitimate complaints when the game isn't even out of alpha yet.

WTF?

• Like 1

Idiots make me laugh, what can I say

So I guess you laugh of your own jokes.

Idiots make me laugh, what can I say

Why do the forum moderators continue to allow you to use abusive language repeatedly against other members of the forum? You are not contributing to this discussion in the least. Get out of here with your ad hominem and strawman arguments, please.

Edited by scriptfactory