Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

Just off the top of my head...

Zombies that are completely silent and sneak up on you like a ninja.

Zombies that can track you like a heat seaking rocket.

Zombies that can travel through walls.

Hearing sounds like a Zombie scream when there is nothing around.

Putting something on the ground only to have it dissappear.

Constantly having to cancel actions because it glitches and does nothing.

Controls that are complete garbage.

Texture pop-ins when surveying areas.

Falling through buildings.

Glitching in lakes.

The list goes on and on...

One year of being a mod, 9 months in Alpha, and what you get from this group of devs is one of the most unplayable games ever made. You devs are pathetic and should be sued for purposely taking money when you knew you couldn't complete the task you were getting paid for.

And brining this POS to PS4... lol I'd bet money it's another "Alpha" that never gets finished.

Hey Rouge Hunter and others that are having game issues,

You know I experienced some pretty nasty bugs my self. More so after the .47 release then .48. It can be frustrating and no one really explains how to fix it for the dev team. Prob because they are trying to figure it out them selves. But in the last week just through messing around and exp I can figured out how to have functional fun game play..DayZ SA does work, those issues have more to do with servers and server ping then anything I swear.

What I found is that large % of it is caused by high ping, I'm 100% certian. I noticed on 50 ping and below the game works much more smooth. So recently I have been watching ping like a hawk and it is helpful. I think that the buggy zombies and everything else gets effected. When I go onto lower ping servers the zombies preform more like they should, controls are nice smooth, I can put items on the ground NP. Zombie path find, don't go through walls ect ect and are easy to deal with. When I go on a server that has say maybe 80 or 90 ping thats when I start running into issues. High ping makes the game almost seem completly broken, and zombies do not act like they should. Slow responding controls, items disapearing ect ect ect ect. It's becuase the connection from you to the server is not send information back and forth fast enough, which distorts your game play really badly. Thats the best I can explain it.

As far as hearing zombies screaming when known are around that is "global" sounds, cans opening, ammo loading ect ect. I'm not sure why those are there. There is also the broken pitter patter sound when your running crouched aimed not aimed in. Aimed in or weapon up and it goes aways. Honestly on 50 and below server those are the only bugs I notice that much.

Also "persist on" servers I have been staying off of..Only normal ones I log onto.

But honestly bro, just reading through your listed problems it sounds much like it is high ping. I know this because I seen it before. Try always going on 50 and below servers for now on...max of 60...70 at the most. I felt the same way you felt a couple weeks ago, but It's vary playable.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 3

a game that sold 2.5 millions of copyes should not be anymore named alpha. It's a petty tactic

As much money are earned as much faster the development must go on, not the same speed. Otherwise the DEMANDS can't stands to the OFFERS. And the staff is the same that Dean recently recruited.

As much there are demanding costumers and a keep growing sellings, as much the production must go faster to stand with customers orders and market.

that's how market works...Because after watching that video about a zombie pathing, i really dunno how Dean will stands the market on PS4 on a limited engine like this.

He didn't even got an applaud on that conference...

wtf are you talking about. it doesnt matter how many copies a game sells, the game is alpha until they reach a certain point in development. more people buying copies does not require faster development or even make it possible for faster development(just because you want a completed game now). there are plenty of disclaimers on the game in your face before you even buy it that warn you that the game is alpha, and even tells you not to buy it if you cant handle that. i hope you understand that dean hall does not run or own B.I., he has a boss and can only do what he is allowed to do. im sure the staff he has is the staff is was allowed to hire. if you cant handle how the game currently is its your own fault for ignoring the early access warnings.

• Like 4

wtf are you talking about. it doesnt matter how many copies a game sells, the game is alpha until they reach a certain point in development. more people buying copies does not require faster development or even make it possible for faster development(just because you want a completed game now). there are plenty of disclaimers on the game in your face before you even buy it that warn you that the game is alpha, and even tells you not to buy it if you cant handle that. i hope you understand that dean hall does not run or own B.I., he has a boss and can only do what he is allowed to do. im sure the staff he has is the staff is was allowed to hire. if you cant handle how the game currently is its your own fault for ignoring the early access warnings.

The huge success of a relatively unheard of game raises expectations though.

• Like 1

The huge success of a relatively unheard of game raises expectations though.

yes but there is nothing you can do about unrealistic expectations or people who expect retarded things like selling lots of copies will magically make a game complete itself faster and be a fully released game because they want it to be right now.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 1

DON'T LOG ONTO SERVERS WITH HIGH PING!!!! IT WILL SOLVE 90% OF YOUR  GAME PLAY ISSUES!!! :beans:  :thumbsup: NOW SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLES AND GET BACK IN THERE..... :lol:  :lol: IT CORRECTS 90% OF THE BUGS THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD LISTED......em k THE REST IS JUST MINOR ISSUES. 

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 3

yes but there is nothing you can do about unrealistic expectations or people who expect retarded things like selling lots of copies will magically make a game complete itself faster and be a fully released game because they want it to be right now.

People expect more because of the additional funds that have become available you know, Not entirely unreasonable 

ya despite all the crap that does need to be fixed, i can't get enough of this addicting game.

People expect more because of the additional funds that have become available you know, Not entirely unreasonable 

that doesnt change the fact that the money from dayz does not all go to developing dayz, there are lots of other things that use that money up, like keeping the company running in order to continue to develop the game, not to mention that you cant always just throw money at a problem and expect that to fix it.

that doesnt change the fact that the money from dayz does not all go to developing dayz, there are lots of other things that use that money up, like keeping the company running in order to continue to develop the game, not to mention that you cant always just throw money at a problem and expect that to fix it.

Man stop dreaming, facts talk by themselves.

• Like 1

Money does actually change quite a few things. For one, more staff can be hired. Also, don't forget how much of a psychological effect this relatively large success should have on the developers - should be motivating as hell! 

• Like 1

Money does actually change quite a few things. For one, more staff can be hired. Also, don't forget how much of a psychological effect this relatively large success should have on the developers - should be motivating as hell! 

you ever hear the saying about too many cooks in the kitchen? there is not much point to hiring more staff if they cant contribute. i know it sounds real good in your head, but in the real world things dont usually work out so well.

I enjoy playing DayZ, and I think the finished product will be fantastic. 

Man stop dreaming, facts talk by themselves.

i have yet to see any relevent facts in this thread to talk by themselves. i havent seen anyone show the companies revenue, operating expenses, or anything to show that hiring more people will make the game be developed faster, or to show that they can even afford to hire more people in the first place. ive seen a lot of speculation, but not much in the way of facts.

Edited by hellcat420

Do you want me to quantify it in miles per hour? I've followed the development of several games and mods over the years, and I have yet to witness something as slow and progress deprived as DayZ. Even ARMA managed to achieve more.

Asinine statement is asinine. What is the pace that YOU are saying it should be? Also, what games did you follow that went from rebuilding an engine to full release in under 2 years? AAA games with AAA budgets and AAA dev teams take years. Of course ARMA achieved more, it was in development longer with a stronger dev team.

a game that sold 2.5 millions of copyes should not be anymore named alpha. It's a petty tactic

You're kidding, right? This can't be a serious statement. Either you're trolling or if you really mean what you say, you have absolutely zero grasp on game development.

This is ridiculous. You are all just rehashing the same old tired debunked canards and doing nothing but reveling your own ignorance and entitlement.

Edited by Grindstone
  • Like 4

Just rename this thread:

This Game Isn't What I Want It To Be Fast Enough For Me

• Like 4

Asinine statement is asinine. What is the pace that YOU are saying it should be? Also, what games did you follow that went from rebuilding an engine to full release in under 2 years? AAA games with AAA budgets and AAA dev teams take years. Of course ARMA achieved more, it was in development longer with a stronger dev team.

You're kidding, right? This can't be a serious statement. Either you're trolling or if you really mean what you say, you have absolutely zero grasp on game development.

This is ridiculous. You are all just rehashing the same old tired debunked canards and doing nothing but reveling your own ignorance and entitlement.

ah ...ah...more other bullshits?

first, of all, Have you ever asked yourself the salary of the mods on this forum? Which i kepts screens about some of their trolls and offensive contents around against users (costumers on my language)? Guess not, and i keep them for when it will be the moment to.... They are employers to the company anyway and the front office to the costumers.

If my secretary on the front office would go to troll over a guest or a costumer i would fire her immidiently.

...Starting from that  Dev never understood about the RED BROKEN CHAIN problem....that ME, i reported it through a post and has been canceled because was dangerous.

Who was in charce and never noticed this bug since 4-5 patch? Half of the community here didn't know what the Red Broken Chains means, nobody made a post about that. Only I !! But who's programming doesn't see at these things?

Great....

Other theme: "The cheaters"

Where do you think the virus come from? From antivirus company offcourse...everybody knows!

Where do you think cheats come from? Off course from the Software house company, otherwise how do you think they have to program a game if they have to blink from X to Y? Why so hard to develop an anticheat system or just display the steam name of the killer? So that reports can be made directly through steams!

Now if you excuse i have to make a fart....ah, that's better.

Edited by GunnyITA

Ok cheers then.

Comments like these are non-constructive and rather inutile. If you consider what he said to be bullshit, then elaborate upon why you think so. 

That goes for everyone.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Just rename this thread:

This Game Isn't What I Want It To Be Fast Enough For Me

the funniest part is that there is already a zombie apocolypse game out there that already did what these people are demanding dayz to do, its called the warz. look how well that game turned out.

Edited by hellcat420
  • Like 3

Ok cheers then.

Need it spelled out for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Please point out where it says that game development moves from one stage to another based on sales.

The thinking that just pouring money into something immediately makes it better is why a lot of Western nations are in serious debt right now.

• Like 2

first, of all, Have you ever asked yourself the salary of the mods on this forum? Which i kepts screens about some of their trolls and offensive contents around against users (costumers on my language)?

I bet my grandma on this, it is zero. Forum moderators are always volunteers. Believe me, i know what I'am talking about. I am moderator on a way bigger forum, with a way bigger company behind it ( motorsport broadcaster that can even afford tv-spots for that particular website ) and i am happy if i get a 20 Bucks amazon coupon and a hand-written card for christmas in return for my work.

And no, you are no "customer" of this forum because you didnt pay for anything concerning the forum, and also the mods don't stop to be users of this forum and human beings that - this might shock you - have an opinion.

Whats next? Will you refer to your "freedom of speech?"
Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Comments like these are non-constructive and rather inutile. If you consider what he said to be bullshit, then elaborate upon why you think so. 

That goes for everyone.

So that goes if someone says to another that is ignorant is legit, and if the other reply that the explained idea is a bullshit it is not?

From my point of view an ignorant is someone that is saying bullshit and a bullshit is  something sayd by an ignorant....i don't see that difference on the meaning of the words.

Edited by GunnyITA

first, of all, Have you ever asked yourself the salary of the mods on this forum? 

ChainReactor is correct; we are indeed volunteers and receive no monetary benefits from moderating the forums here.

So that goes if someone says to another that is ignorant is legit, and if the other reply that the explained idea is a bullshit it is not?

I am afraid I do not understand entirely what you mean here (apologies).
As the rules state, non-constructive posts, namely ones just calling something bullshit (or, calling another user ignorant), are not tolerated. However, Grindstone's post contained more than just a few words, and he elaborated. What you edited on to your previous post - the one calling bullshit - makes the post fine (and acceptable), as there is more content; something to it

I mean not to single out only yourself, but rather it was just a recent post that caught my eye as an example for other users of what not to post.

I've stopped playing DayZ for several months, mainly because after I had my fun, the bugs and de-sync were really causing more frustration that fun. I still get on, see what's new, and fill out bug report tickets.

The thing is, this game warned me EXPLICITLY that it was an Alpha, was going to have tons of issues, and there was a LOT of posting that the game would not even enter beta stage until early 2015.

Anyone who knows anything about game development knows that they do not fix bugs in games during the alpha unless it's completely stopping everyone from playing, such as start up crashing, or things along those lines. The point of the Alpha is to pump in as much content as possible, and then the beta is to add in some more, and THEN start fixing and optimizing.

The fact no one understands this baffles me. So much more has been added since the alpha first dropped, and people either ignore it, or continue to whine it's not enough. I do not like to insult, but anyone crying about it is simply a whiny brat, or has no idea how these things work.

Does this mean the game will launch on time and be perfect? Probably not. RElease dates get pushed back ALL THE TIME. Is it possible that this game could come out a piece of crap? Sure, that happens too, and it's a risk we all took when we signed onto this little project.

But the amount of moaning and crying on these forums is not only non-constructive, it's just tiresome.

• Like 5

It's an ALPHA... People have been saying it since the mod days. Please stop using that fact as an end-all be-all excuse for every conceivable bug in the game. 

When will the brainwashed fan-boys realize that the slow development of dayz is not normal. I wonder how long Rocket can keep fooling you guys with exciting buzzwords such as "network bubble"... I mean come on. Think! In what way does the game differ from it's original state (original Alpha release)? Only item and map wise has the game actually changed. The performance and bugs are still very much there.

9 months since the official early release and this is the things you people get excited about

Also, the development of PC version isn't even 1/16 complete and the ps4 version is already announced.... Ok, if alarm bells aren't going off in your head, then you're probably crazy.

Stupid unfinished gameplay components. Why don't they just FIX them already?

/s

Go read my post:  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209847-september-rant-topic/?p=2102487

Yes, as long as we're in alpha, and the engine is still be worked on, we're going to have long-standing issues. Get over it already. If you can't handle that, you should leave and come back after Beta. You also don't seem to understand how the PS4 version is a branch off of PC, worked on by a separate team, and PC still as the lead platform?

Also, the network bubble "buzzword" you're trashing was a pretty big netcode and engine change and a big departure from how the ARMA series works. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1kxwuj/

In ArmA (including A3), damage simulation is done on ALL clients for ALL objects and players - and then compared together. This has now been moved entirely to the server, and this is the reason why the framerates are now very smooth in MP, but DayZ SA is now almost unplayable framerate wise in SP - because we've offloaded complex simulation.

The lead programmer did this, in preparation to move towards the network bubble after that. He believes, as he has been preparing for it for some time, that the network bubble implementation will now be rather trivial. I'm just conscious that, as someone said below, it can go wrong and there can be things that weren't obvious that need reworking.

I've come to the conclusion that everyone whining about the state of the game is willfully ignorant of the circumstances.

Edited by WhiteZero
  • Like 5