haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

.you can always play Stable for a good gaming season.

Nope. Not when it's such a big step backwards.

• Like 1

Kinda starts looking like it can't be prepped in time for a good smoke/regression testing so how about release the patch you were supposed to release yesterday so people can at least play?

The sense of entitlement with this one is strong.

Because if they can fix more bugs in time for an update, they will.

Instead of wasting time uploading 2 patches within hours of each other.

Also, you need to internalize the fact that you are "owed" nothing, 0, zilch, squat, and that you signed up for bugs and wipes and hacks up the wazoo.

Now freaking CHILL.

• Like 3

Kinda starts looking like it can't be prepped in time for a good smoke/regression testing so how about release the patch you were supposed to release yesterday so people can at least play?

Thats exactly what he said they'd do. Relax there guy.

So for the couple of minutes I played between CTD.  I saw some craziness.  Like when I started bleeding, it cooled me down.  Alas, I have not been able to replicate this.  I was running and became soaked, no rain.  I had spawned in the port area between Berezino  and Khelm and was running by the water (on the road over the water).

Zed will also chase you like you have candy stuck on your ass too.  They chased me up the stairs in police stations, and the huge apartments.  The one that chased me in the police station stood there and let me punch him in the face, but once he fell down he slid through the wall and out into the roof and commenced to attacking.

Temperature system seems to work well enough, though like many other things, its hard to test when you get to play for about 5 minutes or so.

The sense of entitlement with this one is strong.

Because if they can fix more bugs in time for an update, they will.

Instead of wasting time uploading 2 patches within hours of each other.

Also, you need to internalize the fact that you are "owed" nothing, 0, zilch, squat, and that you signed up for bugs and wipes and hacks up the wazoo.

Now freaking CHILL.

Ah, I see, four lashes for replying to the developer in the form of lecture about entitlement.

Maybe I should have phrased that better.

I was merely pointing out how it seems like it can't be prepped in time for a good smoke/regression. So therefore why not release the patch without the additional fixes.

I don't see anything in my messages that implies heightened agitation.

From just the tiny bit of gameplay i was able to experience from the 0.49v2 Exp build, the next build is going to be extremely pleasant as doors and melee mechanics are realy responsive.

And zombie pathfinding got improved too, these few minutes were realy promising.

I think 0.5 is going to be massive.

Everyone: Before you assume a new update got pushed, check here first. You will see a Depot update to "manifests/experimental" (as opposed to experimentalprep)

Otherwise, sometimes Steam is just updating other files.

Thanks. I esp. like the line:

This app appears to be popular. Are you waiting for an update?

No shit, Sherlock.

• Like 1

I think 0.5 is going to be massive.

While 0.50 is "just another number," I hope they do make it special. :beans:

*snip* so people can at least play?

sounds very entitled to myself and obviously the people below me that said the same.

Reiterating your first argument doesn't help you either.

I don't care if you respond to the devs on here in a civil fashion but if you merely complain and make sideways "demands" to satisfy your impatience, you come off sounding entitled.

• Like 1

Experimental branch should be updated and online shortly, folks.

Praise the lord!

• Like 1

Thank you.

Arrrrr! Steam just started a download while I was on desktop. As it turned out, it was another game from my library of course... > :(

The excitement! :o  The 4 seconds of Joy! :D ...... The Disappointment  :(  :(  ;)

But since there is nothing going on at twitter or reddit a.t.m. from the devs, I´m pretty sure they are just hacking away at their keyboards to bring us the much yearned-for update!! :thumbsup:  :)  :beans:

Edit: Yehaaw! Thanks for the Update, Mr. Hicks!!   :)

Edited by Haviland

With what build? the extra bugfixes one or the one from yesterday?

Eugene on twitter:

"Experimental servers going offline in next few minutes, update incoming, ETA 2 hours. The build still has few issues. Take care."

Edited by BioHaze

I've been refreshing my browser all day long :D good to hear it's finaly ready.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that BioHaze already posted this info here.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Should i move my screen away from my desktop ?....right now is a bit close to my... you know.. "private parts".

it seems that this is not the build they were intended to push last night if this build "still has issues", becuase it means they try to fix some issues in last hours.

we will see. :)

Edited by d0pesen

I watching The Walking Dead all over again, the new season is coming out soon, and that always puts me in the mood for some DayZ. :D

Sadly.. isn't exactly a long series, doesn't takes that long to watch the full thing. :(

You're making me wanna watch the series again lol Octobers so close though ... So no one has news on the update ? Or am I blind lol

Edit : ok I'm freakjng blind , just looked above me and saw it's Ready :) need to finish smaugs death scene first .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

cant wait for playable exp...

also off topic... today is a sad day.. may we take a minute to remember all those who's lives were cut short on this day in 2001.