haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

FUN FACT: After a server restarts, the exact same items spawn in the exact same place in some houses. Mostly food and Ammo, but sometimes also Backpacks.

I noticed that too. It kind of takes the excitement out of hopping on a freshly restarted server. 

• Like 1

That would be perma loot, no point in squatting and  waiting for that dream gold plated AKM, move on.

WIP btw !

• Like 2

FUN FACT: After a server restarts, the exact same items spawn in the exact same place in some houses. Mostly food and Ammo, but sometimes also Backpacks.

So your saying it's the same loot, in the same spot and in the same condition after a server restart? That almost sounds like the items in the server have some element of PERSISTENCE to them.

How curious, this is certainly the first time I have ever heard of anything like this before....

So your saying it's the same loot, in the same spot and in the same condition after a server restart? That almost sounds like the items in the server have some element of PERSISTENCE to them.

How curious, this is certainly the first time I have ever heard of anything like this before....

Nooooo... Persistence?? Really?

Let me explain this to you: I thought persistence only meant that players drop items and those stay. When you go into a house, and pick stuff up and it appears again after the server restarts, that is not persistence, that for me is reappearance of the exact items that have been looted before. Therefore it was noteworthy to me.

Next time, a little less sarcasm would be cute ^_^

Edited by Demonica

This essentially describes the swing arc of an ax

I know what you mean, but that's not the point of my criticism. Melee isn't proper fixed all in all because some "weapons" are still horribly broken and even worse than in 0.48. Please try for example the shovel in 0.49...

Btw in RL you can make with an axe a swing arc from right, left or above. So I don't see any reason why I should aim aside/off target with the dot/crosshair in 1st person to actually hit the zombie instead of aiming directly at the center of the head (what still leads to miss the zombie...)

Edited by Sharplooter

The first server that is highlighted has been around a while.  Note the 64 slots.  If you go back a few weeks, on Aug. 25th, the other was listed as one of the first test servers prior to 0.49 being released.  I think I posted a screen shot somewhere.

Saw this today in the server browser...

Private hives I have never seen before. I was able to join one but there was no z's or loot.

Capture1_zps39ac2b6d.jpg

and what looks to be the new experimental version...

Capture2_zps88eb7e6e.jpg

That would be perma loot, no point in squatting and  waiting for that dream gold plated AKM, move on.

WIP btw !

Yeah, nice try but I was NOT server hopping OR camping for an AKM. I noticed it with a few clothing items near somewhere when I logged off for dinner. I haven't had an AKM in EXP once, I've just been playing the game and trying to get a leg up on what's coming to stable.

I can see how you would be jaded with this community sometimes but don't assume all people are server hopping gear hoarders. I liked this game more when they weren't changing the game while trying to stop questionable practices from happening before fixing things. Priorities people. FOCUS!

Sorry if that sounds snarky but I don't your assumptive accusation.

You still do not understand the loot perma spawning it seems.

I thought nor even mentioned server hopping,

Who's jaded, not I.

What happens is that you loot a town, collect some stuff into your inventory, and maybe stash some other stuff nearby. Then, you log on the next day to the same server, by which time it has reset, and the EXACT same loot items have respawned in the same places that they were in the day before prior to you picking them up. They're the same colour, same condition and in the same place. The stuff you looted is still where you left it (or not, depending on whether or not someone has found it or it's been deleted by the respawn mechanics.

Edit: sorry, this happens in Stable 0.48.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's carried over to the new EXP build.

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 1

While efforts to combat loot hoarding, camping area and server hopping are noble and very much needed, they shouldn't negatively effect those of us who have been playing the game all along in the manner in which it was designed.

I would rather go back to the old non spawning loot system if it means not walking into an area that is stocked more than a local Walmart before Black Friday. I lost all desire to play after hitting one empty town, one packed town. It made no sense and wasn't immersive at all. I was playing EXP because it seemed senseless to play stable when a wipe could be coming any day. Maybe I'll just play stable again.

You still do not understand the loot perma spawning it seems.

I thought nor even mentioned server hopping,

Who's jaded, not I.

No I don't, I would love an explanation or a link to such, thank you.

Maybe I am becoming jaded but squatting somewhere waiting for something to spawn is the same as server hopping in my eyes. It's an unnatural method to acquire gear so it's all the same. It may not be cheating but it's akin to boosting so I don't like it.

I used to love the excitement of taking a chance at a military area for some good loot but now it sucks. If I was lucky enough to be near one of these areas around a reboot, it was fun to try and be the first there and see what you got. You could always at least bank on a vest or magazine you wouldn't find in a civilian area. The risk/reward was fun.

Why are all the US 3rd person servers unavailable? Did I miss an announcement?

Why are all the US 3rd person servers unavailable? Did I miss an announcement?

Same thing with me I think. Also "Connecting failed" all around :(

Edited by Demonica

Update maybe ? Maybe that's why all the servers are slowly coming down ...

Edit : someone check steamdb!! Or gimme the link as I forgot It:)

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Servers liked to crash since 0.49 came out. There are many servers in the server browser which are stuck leaving you unable to join them. Hope there will be a fix soon as I find it hard to get a playerslot because most of the playable servers for me are constantly at 40/40.

EDIT: Just checked the situation. After refreshing the serverbrowser four times, finally some experimental servers showed up.

Two german ones, both stuck at 0/40, unable to join.

Ten UK ones, 2 full, 8 stuck at 0/40, unable to join.

Three US ones, not full, able to join, but ping between 200 and 300.

My location is germany. Only filter applied was ping < 350.

So yeah, servers desperately need some love before they push .49 to stable. And I would love to be able to play a bit more :(

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

I can't connect to any of the exp servers either. The populated and the empty ones. Just get the "Connecting failed" message. I tried opting out of the beta, and stable 0.48 worked, but when I opted in the beta and it updated to 0.49 yet again, still no server works.

Sounds like you tried the "turning it off and then on again" tactics with stable / experimental. That's like trying to start up a broken computer and then starting up one that works. The broken Computer doesn't start working again just because you start up a working one since it's two different machines.

Edited by Demonica

and what looks to be the new experimental version...

Small change in build. Hopefully it's all fixes!

• Like 1

How 'bout food? I also do find stuff like scopes, gas stoves, shoes and chemlights ( and hats ! ) but everywhere i go seems to be void of any food and drinks.

Since 0.49 came out, i either starve or i run into a lootstash of vegetables. Oh and infinite items ( found several pipsis and vegetables that simply wont dissapear when you selected "eat all" ( "drink" ) from the vincinity menu rather than picking it up first. My last character got energized by a single tomatoe on a shelf that simply would not dissapear, as long as i eat it from the vincinity window.

Loads of fresh fruit, lots of canned beans, spagetti etc. but not a lot of tuna, pmilk, rice, sardines etc.

With my english I sold lamps and scolphtures made of glass at tousands of euros to tourists from worldwide.

With your english you are probaby still begging.[/quote

With my english I sold lamps and scolphtures made of glass at tousands of euros to tourists from worldwide.

With your english you are probaby still begging.

Looks like someone is having her monthly period.

Who cares that you sold some crap on a streetcorner to tourists.

How is my Italian? Well, my latin is a bit rusty. On the other hand, my Dutch, English and German are quite decent, besides of course my native tongue.

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 1

Does the smersh vest even exist? It gotta be the holy grail of this build, can't find it anywere!

What is a loot perma spawn?

Now the melee still bad with every weapon. Pretty inconsistent and still have an artificial skill level due the fact that what you see is not what you get and have to guess where to aim. Seems like we still doesn't have that tracer based melee and I wonder how the hell does the actual mechanic works. At least I can fist things to death again, but the melee mechanics still needs A LOT of love.

Edited by Avant-Garde

Silly question, but has anyone had any luck finding binos on exp at all? i get the feeling them things have become quite shy and tedious to find.

Does the smersh vest even exist? It gotta be the holy grail of this build, can't find it anywere!

As I understand it, they are set up to spawn in the three fixed helicopter crash sites -- which don't currently spawn anything. See the problem? :p

Silly question, but has anyone had any luck finding binos on exp at all? i get the feeling them things have become quite shy and tedious to find.

I've seen one pair in ~4 hours of playing 0.49. It was in one of the newer red brick garage buildings, specifically the one way up on the hill behind Novodmitrovsk (to the north). It was part of a giant mess of loot.

• Like 1

As I understand it, they are set up to spawn in the three fixed helicopter crash sites -- which don't currently spawn anything. See the problem? :P

I've seen one pair in ~4 hours of playing 0.49. It was in one of the newer red brick garage buildings, specifically the one way up on the hill behind Novodmitrovsk (to the north). It was part of a giant mess of loot.

So it spawns then, because I found loot at the helicopter crash near that old ship broken. Found a RAK and ammo there, + like 2 or 3 sks, maps, military clothes... It had A LOT of loot (must be that loot respawn bug), but no smersh vest!

Then I moved to the other helicrash near that town that is on ruins, found nothing. I'm still in this sacred quest for the holy grail and the next stop is at balota swamps :ph34r:

WHY U NO SMERSH VEST ME DAYZ, WANT MA MONEIS BACK