haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

And what exactly does 51km squared mean to you?

Should have said 510* [typo, 10 to include dayz expanded areas] km squared, chernarus is 225km squared give or take. 

I have to play without boots, gloves, hat and jacket, because i have all time hyperthermia, please fix it.. It's not Egipt, even in real life if it is hot you can stand it, In Chernarus is Autumn no 40C or winter and snow, for now you can't gear up your character the way you want, and many clothes are useless. And you have to run barefoot wtf

Central Europe gets pretty hot in summer and pretty cold in winter, it is on experimental branch for a reason, file a bug report about it and it WILL be tuned to how it should be.

I have to play without boots, gloves, hat and jacket, because i have all time hyperthermia, please fix it.. It's not Egipt, even in real life if it is hot you can stand it, In Chernarus is Autumn no 40C or winter and snow, for now you can't gear up your character the way you want, and many clothes are useless. And you have to run barefoot wtf  :facepalm:

So, no. My current exp guy by default wears hiking boots, brown hunters pants, a tactical shirt, tactical vest and bandanna and I have no problems with hyperthermia. I also carry around a wool coat stuffed with a viper hat and gloves in case it ever gets cold. Obviously I don't wear that stuff when it's sunny out, or currently, not ever actually. Also, even though it's really not an issue, hyperthermia looks like it'll be toned down a bit for the next build.

Which brings me to the next point...

Have any of you actually had hypothermia? I was trying to get it by sitting on the ground naked, in the rain, at 400m and nothing. Yeah my guy complains about being seriously cold a lot but I never got a hypothermia message or status even after waiting that way for quite a while. Is it just not possible on a normal day (not cold, your breath showing) without it being late evening/night/morning - times that never show up on exp servers? I'm thinking maybe being energized/hydrated/healthy makes it a little harder maybe?

Edited by Ebrim

I found a PM 73 today.  Are the mags for thing in game yet or am I lugging around a useless hunk of metal?  Won't let me chamber a .380 round either.

I found a PM 73 today.  Are the mags for thing in game yet or am I lugging around a useless hunk of metal?  Won't let me chamber a .380 round either.

Dude same here been trying to find mags for it but my guess is they don't spawn since i haven't found jack shit  <_<

Which brings me to the next point...

Have any of you actually had hypothermia? I was trying to get it by sitting on the ground naked, in the rain, at 400m and nothing. Yeah my guy complains about being seriously cold a lot but I never got a hypothermia message or status even after waiting that way for quite a while. Is it just not possible on a normal day (not cold, your breath showing) without it being late evening/night/morning - times that never show up on exp servers? I'm thinking maybe being energized/hydrated/healthy makes it a little harder maybe?

To even get hyperthermia I had my wool coat on for quite a while. To cool down after having such a high body temp (it does not seem to go back to normal, but stay where it is when wearing "correct" clothes) might take really long.

To even get hyperthermia I had my wool coat on for quite a while. To cool down after having such a high body temp (it does not seem to go back to normal, but stay where it is when wearing "correct" clothes) might take really long.

Seems to be. I might just leave him up there a while longer.

Magazines spawn in the same place as the guns spawn: in the static helicopter crashes.

You're holding the rarest weapon in DayZ, though. You found the unicorn.

• Like 1

Stairs :  :thumbsup:

Animal spawns:  :thumbsup:

Zombies being attracted to animals: :thumbsup:

_____________________________________DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THESE THREE THINGS.__________________________________________________________

So I left my dude naked on the mountain for another 20 minutes or so, I started getting "I'm freezing" messages as the server got closer to reset (probably just later in the day) but never got hypothermic. I'm going to go ahead and conclude that unless it's very late, very early in the day or you can see your breath, there's just no reasonable way you can get hypothermic through normal play. I may eventually get there by sitting naked on the mountain but I feel that's not how most people play the game. :D  Without putting anything warm on I think I might relocate to the top of a radio tower on a mountain and see if that helps.

I found the makarov IJ70 and it didn't have a magazine. Couldn't find one anywhere. Also, it wouldn't let me chamber .380's (makarov takes .380) either so I think the ammo is bugged.

• Like 1

So I left my dude naked on the mountain for another 20 minutes or so, I started getting "I'm freezing" messages as the server got closer to reset (probably just later in the day) but never got hypothermic. I'm going to go ahead and conclude that unless it's very late, very early in the day or you can see your breath, there's just no reasonable way you can get hypothermic through normal play. I may eventually get there by sitting naked on the mountain but I feel that's not how most people play the game. :D  Without putting anything warm on I think I might relocate to the top of a radio tower on a mountain and see if that helps.

Running increases your temp so it's very unlikely.

I'm surprised so many people are having trouble regulating their temperature.  I may get a few "its chilly" or "i'm sweating" updates, but I've never been dangerously hot or cold, sprinting across Chernarus in the sun/rain/etc.

Had no problems wearing Gorka Jacket/Gorka Pants with Helmet, gloves and combat boots and no problems with Tactical Shirt/Cargo Pants with cowboy hat, gloves and jungle boots.

Both the Gorka Jacket and the Tactical Shirt prevent you from getting wet, which is nice.

Melee is seriously pretty shitty.  Perhaps it was random chance but I seem to have better luck using the pickaxe rather than splitting/fire axes.  I think the pickaxe may have a longer reach.  I've also noticed that the zombies take 2 hits to fall... They may fall in 1 to the head, but its an achievement to even strike their torso at all.

1. As of 0.49 i noticed something. We all know bug with the running inside of building, suddenly breaking your legs or dying. I noticed that it happens very often in the upper levels of fire station for example, so i tested the thing out. When i was sprinting up and down in the FS tower, with 2 of 3 playthroughs i died.' WELCOME to exp, and some people on here tend to tell that's 'normal'

Yes, running through buildings and specially sprinting up and down stairs is lethal and very dangerous in real life, so how can this be a bug?

It is actually forbidden to run in most public buildings. Running down stairs even more so not matter how athletic you consider yourself to be, but one slip and you are likely to break your neck falling, or splitting your skull. I can't remember how many times my teachers would shout at kids to stop running through the school halls, so keep that in mind when you break a leg or die when running through a building.  ;)

Is that confirmed?

I found the makarov IJ70 and it didn't have a magazine. Couldn't find one anywhere. Also, it wouldn't let me chamber .380's (makarov takes .380) either so I think the ammo is bugged.

I think .380 can't be chambered, I've never tried with the PK but it's definitely true of the Makarov.

Yes, running through buildings and specially sprinting up and down stairs is lethal and very dangerous in real life, so how can this be a bug?

You might have had a point, if we could actually RUN up and down stairs in Dayz but seeing you can only walk it is a bit much.  Honestly, can anyone truthfully say they know someone who broken a leg while using stairs?  Hell I spent 8 years as a paratrooper (Airborne baby!) in the Army, over 150 jumps and I never even sprained an ankle let alone broke my leg.  

Sorry but in Dayz treats us like we are porcelain dolls.

I don't think this is confirmed. 

this is really funny :D

Logged out during last night...came back this morning...walked down to staroye again...LOOT EVERYWHERE....stack of food, ammo, clothes, shoes....

every building was like that. A loot limbo !!!

You might have had a point, if we could actually RUN up and down stairs in Dayz but seeing you can only walk it is a bit much.  Honestly, can anyone truthfully say they know someone who broken a leg while using stairs?  Hell I spent 8 years as a paratrooper (Airborne baby!) in the Army, over 150 jumps and I never even sprained an ankle let alone broke my leg.  

Sorry but in Dayz treats us like we are porcelain dolls.

Porcelain dolls with very fragile legs but indestructible arms ;)

"I think my arm is broken".... yeah whatever....

Edited by Dennus

Magazines spawn in the same place as the guns spawn: in the static helicopter crashes.

You're holding the rarest weapon in DayZ, though. You found the unicorn.

Well, I did not find it there, some one must have dropped it OR it really did spawn at a Zil Truck in the junkyard at Cernaya Polana.  It was by the right rear tire set.

Did you go check what I was saying? I was not BSing you about almost all vehicles spawning stuff now.  There is one other vehicle type besides the BMP not spawning anything and those are the busted up HMMWV's.  Even the Tanks at Balota Tent City spawn stuff now.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I have to play without boots, gloves, hat and jacket, because i have all time hyperthermia, please fix it.. It's not Egipt, even in real life if it is hot you can stand it, In Chernarus is Autumn no 40C or winter and snow, for now you can't gear up your character the way you want, and many clothes are useless. And you have to run barefoot wtf  :facepalm:

Have you got "healthy" yet?  I seem to be ok as long as I am "healthy".  After that I just get chilly or sweaty so I'll add or subtract as appropriate.  Wish we could layer a little, you know wear a t-shirt under any other shirt instead of that stupidly useless painted on thingy.

Topic cleaned ( again) .

Some may not be aware but this discussion concerns the latest Exp build, not HZHL4 or character reset and I don't know what else.

Stay on Topic.

It seems some clothes are more likely to overheat you.  I had on low hiking boots, a flat cap, brown hunter pants, black gloves and a biker's jacket and had no problems with overheating.  The minute I swapped into my rain coat, however, I started sweating... in the rain... remove it and you get too cold, put it on for protection and you get too hot.

So, perhaps it needs a little tweaking. But, if you're wearing a wool coat or a down jacket... you can't really complain too much, imo.

I hope they incorporate movement speed into the mechanic, so that if you're walking, you aren't overheating as quickly as you would if you were running.

• Like 1

I hope they incorporate movement speed into the mechanic, so that if you're walking, you aren't overheating as quickly as you would if you were running.

Would be nice to be able to add water to a bandana and wear it. Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1