haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Please note...

Wool insulates even when wet in the real world.

Will there be a DayZ representation of this? No clue. But it's something to be aware of. 

Dude. You're crossing bridges that are miles ahead of us ... Of course we all want snow and everybody including the devs have talked about it but do we really want snow right now in the un- optimized state dayz is in right now ? I'd say wait until the very end of alpha or even the beginning of beta to put in snow...

As for now the temperature system is exciting and some people just take it for granted and try to play like they use to : run non stop in the clothes they like as opposed to warm/ cool clothes while taking breaks every now and again . And of course well see more emphasis on boots keeping out water but this is just the first stage like we've all stated so I'm really excited to see where this all goes .

just saying (why do people always read HALF a post on forums.. instead of the whole thing..) WHY.. please explain without BS 'just because' in it.. did they put 'winter' camo clothing in.. when there's no snow..

as for 'un-optimized' even if beta comes out.. devs have the tendonsy to fuck something up multiple times before it's actually 'working' then when the next update comes.. POOF doesn't work anymore because its 'broken'

they make 1 new thing.. break 4.. fix 2 things, make a new thing break 4, fix 3 make a new thing fix 2

get my drift? dayz being 'optimized' is when they made 200 million and are resting their heads comfortably in the Cayman islands somewhere..

END of this year.. dean semi jumps ship as head developer.. I dread the day he does.. because then it falls to bohemia, all they want to do is 'make money'

so when you tell me 'it's going to be end of alpha/beginning of beta.. they've got another thing coming.. H1Z1 is almost complete.. dayz still needs to 'make' cars work.. 'make' snow work or any weather for that matter!

apart from the annoying rain every 20 minutes.. since that took MONTHS and semi-works.

just saying.. you think I'm going ahead.. but answer me this then.. THIS is thinking ahead of the rest.. CAVE systems in Dayz.. they've got dozens of mountains/hills in a country half the size of europe.. not a SINGLE cave in it.. not one.. isn't that a bit 'dayzd?'

Edited by Tigermonk

just saying (why do people always read HALF a post on forums.. instead of the whole thing..) WHY.. please explain without BS 'just because' in it.. did they put 'winter' camo clothing in.. when there's no snow..

as for 'un-optimized' even if beta comes out.. devs have the tendonsy to fuck something up multiple times before it's actually 'working' then when the next update comes.. POOF doesn't work anymore because its 'broken'

they make 1 new thing.. break 4.. fix 2 things, make a new thing break 4, fix 3 make a new thing fix 2

get my drift? dayz being 'optimized' is when they made 200 million and are resting their heads comfortably in the Cayman islands somewhere..

END of this year.. dean semi jumps ship as head developer.. I dread the day he does.. because then it falls to bohemia, all they want to do is 'make money'

so when you tell me 'it's going to be end of alpha/beginning of beta.. they've got another thing coming.. H1Z1 is almost complete.. dayz still needs to 'make' cars work.. 'make' snow work or any weather for that matter!

apart from the annoying rain every 20 minutes.. since that took MONTHS and semi-works.

just saying.. you think I'm going ahead.. but answer me this then.. THIS is thinking ahead of the rest.. CAVE systems in Dayz.. they've got dozens of mountains/hills in a country half the size of europe.. not a SINGLE cave in it.. not one.. isn't that a bit 'dayzd?'

Twat. That is all.

After playing experimental for awhile I am not sure what to think. The current spawning system is broken. I think one simply answer to fix this is to make players spawn naked. Any towns that have a lot of spawns near them where everyone drops their flashlights and batteries seems not to spawn anything. Then the towns that people make it to and start loot cycling there is so much loot its no longer a survival game but a thrift store where everything is free but nothing you want to take. Just start over ?

Not only cars he said on roadmap boats,helicopters,planes,bikes,ATV,trucks will be in game also mot important thing is base building system , barricading and many things  will be in game. This game really need very very long time to  be completed. They got 2.5 million dollars who cares players.

• Like 1

come on when u gonna add some real content?

there is enough helmets and clothing already

come on when u gonna add some real content?

there is enough helmets and clothing already

did you see this update?

I dont understand mindset and ways of thinking of certain people. Whining about adding helmets and weapons to the game instead of fixing things, adding cars and shit. Obviously non of this people ever had a single thing to do with a game production industry. While there are programmers in dev team ,there are also animators, concept artists, 3d artists etc, and they also have their job to do. Would be stupid for them to wait with their job till the zombies are fixed or whatsoever. So they design stuff, animate it and put in the game(with help of programmers obviously) along with the regular updates, thats their job to do. So obviously everyone of us want to get polished product, an immersive game yet you have to understand that it takes time, and fixing one thing in the game and fk*ng up two others is quite normal in this industry.

I know that i say obvious stuff. But some people just dont get it, no matter how many  times you repeat that (making this post kinda pointless i know). This is early access game, you paid upfront on your own will and behalf, and you have no right to complain about getting unfinished product since you paid for unfinished product. Early access is not for having fun, its for testing the game, reporting bugs and helping the devs as the game develops.

As of 0.49 i noticed something. We all know bug with the running inside of building, suddenly breaking your legs or dying. I noticed that it happens very often in the upper levels of fire station for example, so i tested the thing out. When i was sprinting up and down in the FS tower, with 2 of 3 playthroughs i died. Last one i was just jogging around for about 10 minutes and nothing happened. I didnt had enough time to do more repetitions, so if you guys noticed something on this matter im curious about it. Second thing i noticed is zombies chasing wildlife, then stoping in their tracks and punching air not doing any harm to fleeing animals. Also havent found any of the new items in game during 6 hours of playing :/

• Like 1

What a bunch of sissies that play this game. Now that the servers have been reset, everyone runs for the 3rd person crutch and all the 1st person servers are back to being home to the tumble weeds. They proved something this weekend though, you would all still play if they removed 3rd person.

• Like 1

Well let's not get too upset about other people wanting a little spatial awareness.

Sure, it allows people to see over and around walls...      ....but, so can you.

is the Rossi in the current build? anyone find it?

No the Rossi is only in the game files i don't think it has been added to the game yet.

Europe is 51km squared? Stay in school.

• Like 1

I don't suppose the ridiculous loot spawn system has been fixed yet, with all the PAX and whatnot going on?

Edited by Powerhouse

Just came to say I love the weather/body temp effects. After about 3 hours on an exp server today, I'd say it adds a big layer of realism to the game. More two-way radios spawn points? I found two in civ houses, one in Dubrovka and one in Polana.

• Like 2

do the Static Heli crashes spawn stuff?

The dead russian transport choppers that are a part of the map spawn the RAK smg but apparently its super rare for some reason

Weird... on DE Servers where my ping is 40ms I had rubberbanding and the performance is bad, on US Servers where my ping is 150+ms I had no rubberbanding and the performance is ok.

Btw the loot around the NWAF tents is imo again abundance especially in the little hangars with beds. Tons of clothing, boots and other stuff.

Edited by Sharplooter

do the Static Heli crashes spawn stuff?

If you see smoke, get stoked.

The static Mi-8s like this do not smoke.  The smoke comes from the dynamic (randomly spawning) Black Hawks like this.

The dead russian transport choppers that are a part of the map spawn the RAK smg but apparently its super rare for some reason

The Mi-8s do spawn loot, but extremely rarely. The only way to get the SMERSH vest and RAK are from these static Mi-8 crash sites.  See the quote below for one theory/strategy for Mi-8 looting.  It references the current stable patch, so I would assume spawns are enabled in experimental too.  I guess we won't know 100% until someone reports it.

How to find the rare Smersh Vest on Stable Warning: It is very unlikely to find the extremely rare Smersh Vest as it only do respawn when triggered by player on the Mi-8 wreck. As of 0.48.124737 (Stable) the server do not spawn the vest by its initialization. So you have to speed things up, but it will be still a hell of a job.

I would recommend to try to find it on a stable server with persistence on!

Loot respawn is based on the count of items in a network "bubble". All items which are picked up in the inventory of a player do not count. Every item on the ground do count. The "bubble" is a square which is more or less 1000X1000 meters big

You have to pick up all the loot inside the "bubble" and bring it outside to manage a constant item respawn.

Important: If you increase the amount of items in the "bubble" before a restart, the itemcount rise, but beware: Most of the items on the ground which are manipulated by a player will be deleted after 4~6 hours and the itemcount decrease again. The age of an item is based on the amount of items in the network bubble.

To do: Loot around 200 items outside of the "bubble" and drop them in right before a restart. After the restart pick all of your dropped items up and bring them outside of the "bubble". Every time you pick one up, it will trigger a new item to respawn in the "bubble". Now begin loot cycling, pick loot from the spawnpoints and drop it outside of the "bubble". Check every now and then the loot at the buildings in the south of the "bubble", too.

Its just a matter of time till you will respawn the vest. Could be after 30 minutes, or after 20 hours. Good luck!! :)

Edited by doctajones