haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Let us know if that worked.

Been cleaning my house all day so that I could play tonight.

Must play...

No soap, step one of trouble shooting done.  Now I am gonna completely remove the game from my pc and try downloading the whole kit and kiboodle again...

No soap, step one of trouble shooting done.  Now I am gonna completely remove the game from my pc and try downloading the whole kit and kiboodle again...

I did that yesterday, when the servers had the same issue. Didn't work.

Later that evening they were online again.

Hello Ella ( or is it Alan??)

Interesting to see that they exposed you on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

I knew it! Anyone having an avatar like that and claiming to be the said person is always an impostor.

Too bad he deleted that account, I'd really like to know what was said and done.

• Like 1

I knew it! Anyone having an avatar like that and claiming to be the said person is always an impostor.

Too bad he deleted that account, I'd really like to know what was said and done.

From what I have seen, she (or: he) posted a fake report on the PAX convention, with pictures taken from different websites, like she (or: he) was actually there. The people on Reddit noticed it.

So I Googled the profile image and an image from PAX, which turned out to be very different persons.

• Like 1

I did that yesterday, when the servers had the same issue. Didn't work.

Later that evening they were online again.

Yep, same here, no go at all, oh well, back to stable for now, see you guys tomorrow!  Have a good one..

yeah, deleted so fast, didn't even try to defend.  Very cool and so much beans to whoever did it for exposing this faker you can fuel a Saturn III rocket to Mars with the gas from your ass..

Edited by Barnabus

Exp servers are up again!!!

Nevermind, same issue as before. Some of the working servers showed up full, but I got the "DayZ stopped working" message again and after restarting the are all empty again.

Looks like we'll have to wait till Monday.

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 1

Here is the link to the cached page of the bullshit Reddit thread:"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

Exp servers are up again!!!

Nevermind, same issue as before. Some of the working servers showed up full, but I got the "DayZ stopped working" message again and after restarting the are all empty again.

Looks like we'll have to wait till Monday.

Is monday going to be the time when they update stable? 

no, exp is currently not a stable enough to be pushed to the stable branch, lots of work needed, and they usually update stable on wedensday, maybe sometime in september we will see .49 pushed to stable

Don't think so mate, still a few things to get fixed in the current exp build.

I hope so, cause I really like the item persistence.

Only problem is the item spawning, some places are empty, others are literally filled to the brim.

So my guess is that it will probably take a few days at least.

Hello Ella ( or is it Alan??)

Interesting to see that they exposed you on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

The supposed 'PAX' picture of you with the Asian guy (see reddit thread) comes from this website: https://www.facebook.com/littlewindmillcosplay/info?ref=page_internal

Your profile picture comes from this website: http://www.stunnish.com/sexy-women-are-always-a-win/

So the loveliest Girl in Town seems to be a fraud.

----

Yes, I know this is offtopic.

It's Sunday and I don't have anything else to do.

Lolololol, guy wants to be a gal. Dickhead! See a doctor if you want a sex change

Welp i have tried probably every experimental server and i just keep getting connecting failed even if the server has 37 or 38 out of 40 people i get that error on both 1st and 3rd person is there any way to fix this? or do the devs have to fix this?  :(

• Like 1

All day i try to join any experimental server, all are empty, 0 players. From time to time, one server works and you can join but after 1-2 min, all players are disconnected. WTF.. fix that..

I went to stable after about 24 hours. Might be an idea to try go for a thursday release and it tends to be 24 hours before things go wrong and when they do at worst they don't get fixed and at best someone has to work a weekend.

What I missed immediately going back to stable was the weather having an affect. It adds something to wait out the rain etc.

• Like 2

is anyone else having trouble getting onto the servers? i was on the "wait for host" screen for quite a while before i gave up, so is anyone else having issues?

Edited by Helix2000

I know people are focused on the server issues but did anyone check to see if they fixed walki talkies? They have been broken for a while but it dosn't seem like they are on the dev's radar. Should be simple to fix and really help with player interactions.

I know people are focused on the server issues but did anyone check to see if they fixed walki talkies? They have been broken for a while but it dosn't seem like they are on the dev's radar. Should be simple to fix and really help with player interactions.

As far as I know they are holding off on fixing them ... But I would love to see those things work finally ..

I got a dozen servers coming up on the screen but I can't connect to any of them, all but one is empty, Southeast 0-4, which is full. What's going on?

Edited by IIvIIozzie

Many servers seem to be stuck in a reboot loop ( the 0/40 ones ) and the other ones ( 40/40 ) being obviously full. Known problem by now. Sadly, we will have to wait for the devs to solve this.

• Like 1

Best thing is, he does not only participate in an early access alpha on his own free will, he obviously even joined the experimental ( AKA test that shit ) branch and yet complains about stuff being broken, unfinished, or buggy.

Bet he doesn't even have a bugtracker account. Someone needs to know his role better.

I dont even think its a case of knowing your role or place, but exercising a bit of common sense - and not being a dbag.  There are so many early access alphas that are deserving of dev criticisms - this aint one of them.

• Like 3