haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

imho there is no need for these kind of bugs.

One might wonder how loot spawns can make so much trouble - Or how it can be that they apparently did not notice that it is bugged like sh**t.

Why is it so freaking hard to release stuff AFTER testing it?

btw: 3hours of playing on different servers resulted in multiple starvation and being beaten to death by invisible zombies - again!

I literally could not find anything usefull except some bonnie-hats and lots of crowbars and screwdrivers in the fire station...wtf really...it's just so.... so bad. really really bad...

bohemia should fire the whole lot of them before they can do any more damage - get some real coders to finish this crap already!

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're a troll and don't actually think any of this. For anyone who might actually have such poorly thought out positions though:

1) Early release means that we are testers. Experimental means that there is even more emphasis on you being a tester. The only way you could be more of a tester is if you were part of the closed tester group.

2) If you don't think a screwdriver is useful, you have no business playing a survival game, this just isn't your genre.

3) About the most inefficient decision a developmental group can take is firing everyone. It's such a horrible idea that if it happened there would be a pathetically small chance of the project ever being finished.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 6

2) If you don't think a screwdriver is useful, you have no business playing a survival game, this just isn't your genre.

everything you said is true, well done there. But this you have to read again: "could not find anything useful except some bonnie-hats and lots of crowbars and screwdrivers"

bonnie-hats are useful too

Edited by robophant

Can someone say what the hell f.cks going on with experimental servers ? There is afew server and I unable to join.?

I keep asking that question.  Most are gone - I did get to play for a bit earlier - but there are too many people wanting to play for the number of servers that are up - and stay up.  I still haven't been able to get into that one server...  :D

Z

Experimental 0,49. Respawning loot/Persistence. I don’t know what is going on here. But I was living on appels until I made it to Stary Sobor I opened an garage and I found a goldmine the hole city was empty but the garage was full of food and everything. And I moved on to the military base close to Dichina. And I found this. I don’t know but I think it’s not really what the DayZ team got in mind for persistence/ Respawning loot.

I know it’s new end you guys just got it working. But I just want to address the problem.!

https://imageshack.com/i/exeR26k5j

you are right, i have to be a developer to criticize a game... how dare i... Like, i have to be an actor or director to criticize a movie, right? hahaha, you guys, really

You only have to not be a bell end. You should try it some time

• Like 3

You only have to not be a bell end. You should try it some time

Sometimes it's hard to tell where some one comes from on the interwebz... but there are exceptions. Bravo old bean!

Does it make me old that I had to look up "Bell End" in the urban dictionary?

Does it make me old that I had to look up "Bell End" in the urban dictionary?

its british. and even we euros had to look it up

Does actually any of the UK experimental servers work? "no messages recived..." after short period of time. Or if you manage to get into game. You don't see zombies. Only hear them, constantly. You get killed by invisible zombies. You get killed by invisible players. No food, no loot... How many working experimental servers there actually is atm in Europe? not many i think.

everything you said is true, well done there. But this you have to read again: "could not find anything useful except some bonnie-hats and lots of crowbars and screwdrivers"

bonnie-hats are useful too

Fair enough.  But if someone did say that, my point stands. :D

Edited by Ebrim

Is it possible that the emptiness around spawn towns is an indicator of how few people cross the map? I mean, if barely anyone makes it to the other side of the map and starts looting, not a whole lot of the initial spawn towns is going to get repopulated.

Could also explain why when you get a place like the NWAF, it's loaded with loot, doubled up in some spots even.

Hmmm.

I hope that they are going to add mist from that Pax screenshot. it really would give you that silent hill vibe

• Like 1

nah, no exploit.... this is what happens when dean and his minions forget to test their stuff before they release it. Even if its "alpha" and "experimental" it still shows how clueless these guys are. It is as if they actually WANT the community to become "poisoned"

Best comment ever! Made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair.

Either you don't know what an "alpha phase" is or you are really good at trolling me. <- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Sry, but the "forget to test their stuff before they release it. Even if its "alpha" and "experimental" it still shows how clueless these guys are" is so good.

Guess what they are doing when the "alpha" and "experimental" server go live? Having a clue what it does? Seriously?

G*d d*mn, I am still laughing!

• Like 3

So has anyone got back to their body after 10+ minutes and regained their gear? I see on the unofficial changelog that hide body is gone.

you are right, i have to be a developer to criticize a game... how dare i... Like, i have to be an actor or director to criticize a movie, right? hahaha, you guys, really

not to critizie a movie, but if you criticize the movie making process, it would help to have some idea about said process. If you want to critizise the endproduct, critizise the end product - like some time way in the future.

I played this experimental for a few hours. I did not die. The three guys I played and talked with today, also playing several hours each did also not die. Just 30 minutes ago I logged out in stary quite frustrated, the zombies felt like having longer reach and worse lag than ever before. But it was certainly playable and (for me) fun to figure out how the hypo and hyper work. Is it great to carry around 4 types of upper body wear? Debatable. But mybe 2 is enough, I never experienced heavy rain at night, never could test fighting the cold. What I really missed to reduce this to some (for me) more sane temperature situation is rolling up sleeves and opening jackets at the front. Military jackets seem to always produce more warmth than hoodies, that should be switched, as far as I'm concerned. Also wearing clothes that are right for the weather (no chilli or hot messages) do not get you out of hyperthermia, not tested but probably the same for hypothermia. Wearing correct clothing should allow the body to adjust the body temperature to a good level again, I think. BUT this is a first implementation of body temperature workings here, it will get more sophisticated with time.

Just like with the last experimental, loot spawning seems to be - let's call it strange.  Several ppl posted their findings here already, I just want to add that I was able to find food everywhere. Also on the coast. In the west there was way too much food. But if some food spawns everywhere now not leaving the east towns totally empty, then that's good. A problem was getting enough rags in Berezino and Khelm, further to the west we found clothes to rip up AND there were no zeds after Cernaya Polana (always staying north, we visited the new towns), so we had rags but they were unnecessary ;). Concerning loot respawn: We played on two servers, one had a vibor mil base that was overflowing, at the other such symptoms were not visible at all. Does anyone know if the same respawn mechanics are on all servers or if they test them differently configured? Somehow it looks like the SWE 0-4 (think that was the server) phenomenon from the last patch.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 2

So I wanted to play around a bit, never having been hyper/hypo thermic. So I ran around for a while in the middle of a sunny day with a wool coat on. After numerous "I'm sweating" "It's bloody hot messages" I finally got the hyperthermic. I sat down in the woods, took my coat off and chilled for a bit (literally), hyperthermia went away after a few "it's a little chilly" messages. I think it's best right now for people to imagine your body heat as well, like it is irl, a sort of guage. Heavier clothing will push you toward one extreme, lighter clothing to another and you can use one extreme to counteract a status to the other side. I suspect that being hot does nasty things for your hydration. I less strongly suspect but it's plausible that being cold is bad for your hunger, this may help explain all the poor bastards who have been starving to death.

Edited by Ebrim

So has anyone got back to their body after 10+ minutes and regained their gear? I see on the unofficial changelog that hide body is gone.

Hide body is still in. My friend hid a dude and I almost hid a boar accidentially.

• Like 1

Hide body is still in. My friend hid a dude and I almost hid a boar accidentially.

Cheers. Just rechecked

I see it's been removed from: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2eufwj/exp_049_828_discussion_unofficial_changelogthread/

comment confirming your view: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2eufwj/exp_049_828_discussion_unofficial_changelogthread/ck3kunq

So absolutely no change. tbh I kind of like hiding bodies and I never feel right looting my own. 

• Like 3

Another potentially useful discovery: instead of removing clothing to check their status after damage or repair, you can simply move an item from that piece of clothing to somewhere else.

• Like 1

Another potentially useful discovery: instead of removing clothing to check their status after damage or repair, you can simply move an item from that piece of clothing to somewhere else.

Good catch, also watch out for your sewing kits, they may already be ruined and you don't see it. I hope that inventory sync will soon work better.

I see a lot of lag and desynch going on.

• Like 1

Is it possible that the emptiness around spawn towns is an indicator of how few people cross the map? I mean, if barely anyone makes it to the other side of the map and starts looting, not a whole lot of the initial spawn towns is going to get repopulated.

Could also explain why when you get a place like the NWAF, it's loaded with loot, doubled up in some spots even.

Hmmm.

This is exactly what is happening.  Spent hours running along the towns near the coast/spawn towns finding nothing and starving several times.  I then made it to Vyshnoe and the Zub castle and hit the jackpot.  This means loot respawn does work, but the cleanup of untouched loot I think is the problem.  In some places you will find a million books, taking up the spawns of any other loot because they are not being removed.  In other cases, like mine, all loot piles up in 1 (or several) untouched towns.

Here my album of jackpot trip.  Maybe it will help people see where loot can spawn, as well as what types.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

Yeah i thought about that too. Let's call it the "spawn circle".

The spawn circle is a circle that covers the area around a spawnpoint, defined by the loot in it. With every player spawning at the spawnpoint, the circle grows because every player takes loot away from it, while the permanent presence of players in this radius prevents new loot from respawning. ( E.g.: First player finds food in the first village, takes it all away. Second player needs to go to the second village to find food and takes it away etc etc etc ... fifth player might not make it to the fifth village before he dies of starvation - the spawn circle reached its final size )

This leads to exactly what i was observing. The only Items left in the spawn circle are items noone with very limited inventory size would pick up - shoes, hats, wrenches and of course dropped jeans and flashlights in every promising location.

And since loot has to respawn somewhere, it spawns in locations outside of the spawn circle, which creates the huge item stashes some already reported.

But thats just my observation. I could be totally wrong.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 4

Yeah i thought about that too. Let's call it the "spawn circle".

The spawn circle is a circle that covers the area around a spawnpoint, defined by the loot in it. With every player spawning at the spawnpoint, the circle grows because every player takes loot away from it, while the permanent presence of players in this radius prevents new loot from respawning. ( E.g.: First player finds food in the first village, takes it all away. Second player needs to go to the second village to find food and takes it away etc etc etc ... fifth player might not make it to the fifth village before he dies of starvation - the spawn circle reached its final size )

This leads to exactly what i was observing. The only Items left in the spawn circle are items noone with very limited inventory size would pick up - shoes, hats, wrenches and of course dropped jeans and flashlights in every promising location.

And since loot has to respawn somewhere, it spawns in locations outside of the spawn circle, which creates the huge item stashes some already reported.

But thats just my observation. I could be totally wrong.

Whether or not your wrong its still an interesting theory none the less heck one of those item stashes had a bunch of food that saved my life now if i could find a gun stash it would be nice B)