haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Is this abusing/exploiting by users?

For me this rather looks like bugged respawn mechanic. Everything from US East 0-1 Server (1st. person).

It is a bug.   all the spawn locations are filled ... it would seem.  And not sure how the loot cycling works.  I tried taking one item out of a trappers hut and nothing re-spawned in its place.  So I'm sure they changed the system so it can't be abused all that much.

Went through all of balota and NWAF and the military base and a heli crash. Only 1 AK, 7 SKSs, 10 Makarovs, 1 makarov magazine, countless 5.56 ammo, 1 ak mag, only about 60 7.62 ammo. Have yet to see a mosin anywhere or AK101.

Got killed in beenzino by some camper as i was scrambling for food. Whoever was camping the candy cane, fuck you. You ruined my groups fun(he killed 4 of us with an SKS, never missing a shot, hacker?).

Yeah ppl seem to be so excited about 0.49 that literally everyone is running over to experimental. I had a hard time finding a player slot at all everytime i played since the update. Also, in 4 out of 5 times, i only found a couple of UK servers instead of DE ones.

Oh, and i starved on every new spawn. :)

And then of course half of those people go squalking around forums about how bad the balance is on the weather effects on players or whatever, complaining that the system is poorly done, not really thinking that this is Experimental for a reason.

aaarrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh invisible zombies everywhere!

Went through all of balota and NWAF and the military base and a heli crash. Only 1 AK, 7 SKSs, 10 Makarovs, 1 makarov magazine, countless 5.56 ammo, 1 ak mag, only about 60 7.62 ammo.

ONLY HAHA..

Edited by MadTommy

And then of course half of those people go squalking around forums about how bad the balance is on the weather effects on players or whatever, complaining that the system is poorly done, not really thinking that this is Experimental for a reason.

Yeah, it's a shame. I personally play on EXP because I want to check out the new stuff, maybe just like all the other players, but unlike some other players rushing over to experimental now, I don't expect said new stuff to work as intendet. :)

Also experienced the bow twang sound many times as another random noise, when in close proximity to zombies. Anybody else?

Was starving, no food in markets in cherno, found apple trees, two rotten :( but so far not sick....so I guess tasty apples :) digging this patch

Any word on how sprinting effects hyperthermia? I jogged most places and never had an issue, not hyperthermic once over a 5 hour+ session. I also used stock shirts and vests that don't seem to have thermal properties.

After sprinting and sitting around with the same clothes plenty of times, I say movement does not impact body temperature at this moment. I don't know if I even want that. It's like "ok, taking off my wool coat, running for 500 meters, putting the wool coat back on."

Dayz climate & weather... 0.49

Try going out on a warm rainy day..

http://youtu.be/FCqQkINtQl8

Lol. Clothing has obviously different values, my current guesses are (only talking upper body wear here) is that wearing nothing or all kinds or shirts that I found is the same. Inclcuding long sleeve checked shirts.

I THINK other gear has different values, too. It's kind of hard to say, because sometimes it's chilli with the sun shining, sometimes not. Currently I think:

<cold>  nothing = shirts < rain coat <= (unsure) riders jacket <(pretty sure) wool coat <warm>

I think the hoodies are with the shirts, too.

On a sunny warm afternoon with hiking boots and hunter pants wearing anything but shirts resulted in getting hotter. Hyperthermia did not get me immediatelly. It took quite a long time of running around with the wool coat. Getting wet (jumping into water) gets you freezing again - I think, might have been a coincident. I was not able to use a water bottle to make my clothes wet for cooling.

It is no problem to run around with hyperthermia for hours, as long as you are not hot any more. I think the system is like stomach - energized. Having an empty stomach does not actually mean that you are hungry. I think you start out fine. Whenever you are cold (depending on the temperture and you clothing), your body temperature is slowly dropping. Whenever you are hot/sweating, your temperture rises. If the clothing fits the weather, your temperature stays the same. I did not try to take of my pants this sunny afternoon, I get messages that I'm about to pass out any moment for hours, but nothing happens. Currently I'm looking for a pond or creek to test cooling down.

Being wet seemed to cool my temperature down, but of course I had to immediatelly test wringing my clothes out after jumping into the pool, so my body temperature did not sink for long.

Maybe I find rain on the next server, I have a shirt, a wool coat and a raincoat. Gotta test that stuff :)

EDIT: Found no rain, but soaking in water helps to get your temperature down. Also it seems like different clothes that are similar have different warmth values - or some are bugged: I wear ttsko pants and combining this with a ttsko jacket just made me sweat, a gorka summer camo jacket was fine.

And I forgot, my friends forced me to eat antibiotics, of course that did not get rid of hyperthermia. Now I'm trying to get hypothermia, but that's hard on a warm day. Only being completely naked is chilli unless I am wet. Think that is going to take some time. Yeah for raindance.

Why is the performance always so bad the first few days a patch is out? Logical answer would be that the servers are very full but even in a full server after a few days the performance is always better than in the beginning.

Even without client updates, they can work on servers. Also ppl spamming to get into servers might be a reason. Who knows for sure...

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 3

Found a new type of bandage as well. Anyone else find it?

If you're talking about these bandages, they used to spawn when the stand alone came out in December last year, and they are a direct "port' from ArmA2/DayZ mod. 1 use only. They feel like a DayZ mod easter egg for me. B)

2e2qxoz.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

On experimental 0-1 East last night, same loot piling was seen in one of those office buildings on a construction site.

I think the amount of loot I saw on the top floors in the government building in Novo might have been bugged too.

3yj8cBu.jpg

I found a tent finally!!  actually I might have found all of them.

nV77kBub.jpg

I want to be where you are.

Is this abusing/exploiting by users?

For me this rather looks like bugged respawn mechanic. Everything from US East 0-1 Server (1st. person).

nah, no exploit.... this is what happens when dean and his minions forget to test their stuff before they release it. Even if its "alpha" and "experimental" it still shows how clueless these guys are. It is as if they actually WANT the community to become "poisoned"

imho there is no need for these kind of bugs.

One might wonder how loot spawns can make so much trouble - Or how it can be that they apparently did not notice that it is bugged like sh**t.

Why is it so freaking hard to release stuff AFTER testing it?

btw: 3hours of playing on different servers resulted in multiple starvation and being beaten to death by invisible zombies - again!

I literally could not find anything usefull except some bonnie-hats and lots of crowbars and screwdrivers in the fire station...wtf really...it's just so.... so bad. really really bad...

bohemia should fire the whole lot of them before they can do any more damage - get some real coders to finish this crap already!

Edited by robophant

robophant

you seem to understand that this is a game in a testing phase but somehow expect the dev team to perform in miraculous fashion.

Do you program or create games in any way?

Do you have a longstanding background of Alpha testing for game studios large and small?

Can you offer me examples of how in your direct experience the development of a game of this scale was handled in such a way that every patch was flawless?

I'm confused as to where you get your standard for game production from....

• Like 10

Jesus Christ they are working on sledgehammers. Yisss. Finally a Melee for real MAN!

Also Wiki changelog for all of you who want to know stuff: Link

• Like 2

aAfter spawning in berenzino i nearly starve to death and decide to head to the ship. What a good idea :D every single spawn had loot in it or multiple loot. Countless SKSs, Mosins, Pistols,, food clothes. The mother load

iFdcxTd.jpg

yUzQNY8.jpg

edit: Found three RAKs at the static heli crash :D :D :D no mags tho

rH9LkrA.jpg

Edited by MrMutant
  • Like 2

After having been away for 5 months, i'm really enjoying .49

Things are really coming together.

But wait.... where are the zombies?

Edited by Dennus

im gonna die :(

http://scr.hu/2hbt/plspl

Hahaha no heavy military clothes available for kossers and bandits anymore. Take off your assult vest and fight like man!

By the way will our clothes looks wet ? We should not be able to dry clothes without take off them ? In future with directx11 maybe we can see wetness on clothes ? Also nice squuezing animation should be implemented in to game ?  Are those things possible ?

Edited by BugZ

I cant...

..there are like 4 people posting in here that have a clue. 4.

I am fully geared, healthy, no issues on exp. No death, no starving, nothing. Its a great patch. (http://www.twitch.tv/lrishjake/b/562996197)

I literally do not understand why some people even play this game, let alone on experimental.

WHY?

Edited by lrish
  • Like 7

I cant...

..there are like 4 people posting in here that have a clue. 4.

I am fully geared, healthy, no issues on exp. No death, no starving, nothing. Its a great patch. 

I literally do not understand why some people even play this game, let alone on experimental.

WHY?

cool story bro

• Like 1

anyone found a balaclava or a russian maska?

btw.. a scope for the CZ would be nice..

Edited by raynor009

robophant

you seem to understand that this is a game in a testing phase but somehow expect the dev team to perform in miraculous fashion.

Do you have a longstanding background of Alpha testing for game studios large and small?

Can you offer me examples of how in your direct experience the development of a game of this scale was handled in such a way that every patch was flawless?

I'm just saying that IF they release something (even to experimental) it should at least be playable - otherwise it wont make any sense because if we can't play it we can not test it.

If we are not here for testing at all, then they should keep their crap on their own dev servers until its finished - If we are meant to test it they should at least give us something less bugged.

Their whole procedure does not make any sense at all and it would be an instant death to any other game that's not funded in advance by a very expecting community!

If something like loot spawns, melee or the temperature thingy is so incredible unplayable then they should NOT release it until at least the most game-breaking issues are solved - this goes for both, experimental AND stable!

effing amateurs!

Edited by robophant

Can someone say what the hell f.cks going on with experimental servers ? There is afew server and I unable to join.?

Was fine until I tried to ax three tent trap setters by Bz cop shop :D

btw, i dont need to be a professional coder to notice that this dev team sucks big time! do you? So much money and yet such slow and crappy progress... they did not even create a new engine to start with - maybe now they have to get a new engine anyway... And really, i did (and many many others as well) see it coming. Arma engine is utterly crap - so funny that it took them so long to realize that...

I bet in the end we will get some crappy bugged and unfinished game and it will already be outdated at the time of release.

such a joke - a good one at least

Edited by robophant

I'm just saying that IF they release something (even to experimental) it should at least be playable - otherwise it wont make any sense because if we can't play it we can not test it.

If we are not here for testing at all, then they should keep their crap on their own dev servers until its finished - If we are meant to test it they should at least give us something less bugged.

Their whole procedure does not make any sense at all and it would be an instant death to any other game that's not funded in advance by a very expecting community!

If something like loot spawns, melee or the temperature thingy is so incredible unplayable then they should NOT release it until at least the most game-breaking issues are solved - this goes for both, experimental AND stable!

effing amateurs!

And you've developed How many games?

If you bothered to read the Summary for the week of August 25th they said ' The update is going to be pushed back a week for Further QA testing however it will still be released on experimental with place holders for some things.'

Clearly they KNOW there are issues. The whole point of the EXPERIMENTAL Servers is to EXPERIMENT and TEST the new builds before they get pushed to the Public servers. You obviously don't know how this whole ALPHA TESTING thing goes.

It goes like this QA Team to Experimental Alpha To Public Alpha. If shit is broken in Experimental Alpha it goes back to the QA team for further analysis, then a patch for experimental and then Rinse and repeat until a STABLE Version is ready to push to the Public Servers. Pretty standard practice.

• Like 1

And you've developed How many games?

you are right, i have to be a developer to criticize a game... how dare i... Like, i have to be an actor or director to criticize a movie, right? hahaha, you guys, really

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1