kakysas666

One weird trick to avoid upcoming character wipe

Does anyone know it? Please share the info in this thread.

nope. they going to be wiped clean. no more hacked mags for players :)

• Like 18

1) Never get attached to your gear

2) It is a game-wide wipe. There is no escape. It should've happened a long time ago.....

• Like 11

That would be an exploit which is against game policy.

I expect this thread to be locked and yarded.

Seriously man.

Wiping the database is for the good of the hive.

Go feed your character to a neverending stream of zombies like a man.

• Like 7

You have to run back and forth from one end of the NWAF to the other singing "I'm a Little Teapot" over the mic.

• Like 6

You have to run back and forth from one end of the NWAF to the other singing "I'm a Little Teapot" over the mic.

I thought you had to be in a 40/40 server for that to work.

Where does it say there will be a wipe?
I never saw anything about a wipe before 1 player mentioned it. Now is this confirmed somewhere or are you all making stuff up?

It's mentioned in status report.

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean.
This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition"

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208484-devblog-status-report-week-of-18-august-14/

Devtracker and status reports are 2 of the top sections SA players who want to be informed, should follow.

• Like 3

We still don't know for sure when the wipe will come.

Just keep playing and testing and stop worrying about your gear. You're going to get killed eventually anyway.

It's mentioned in status report.

"It is our intent once we have addressed the core issues with abuse of item duping, as well as resolved issues with the protection of player storage and opened game server providers rental of private shards, to wipe the stable branch clean.

This will allow us to ensure a clean start on player storage and camps, as well as remove issues such as:

• Bugged ammo quantity magazines
  • Corrupt characters
  • Duplicated items and ammunition"

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208484-devblog-status-report-week-of-18-august-14/

Devtracker and status reports are 2 of the top sections SA players who want to be informed, should follow.

Nice thanks.. been looking for it.

You're welcome.

I will enjoy the crying about BEING wiped more than the crying before the wipe. 

:murder:

• Like 2

Alt+F4. That should save it all to your hard disk.....

• Like 1

We still don't know for sure when the wipe will come.

Just keep playing and testing and stop worrying about your gear. You're going to get killed eventually anyway.

Yes we do. Read today's status report, as well. It's happening in time with the next patch. So probably next week, if they find no serious bugs.

Edited by Pixel1191
  • Like 2

Yes we do. Read today's status report, as well. It's happening in time with the next patch. So probably next week, if they find no serious bugs.

Is that what "Additionally, BattlEye will begin broadcasting a message every hour warning users of the upcoming stable hive reset that comes with the 0.49 update." referred to? I suppose I wasn't sure that reset meant character wipe in this case. Thanks for pointing that out.

Never get attached to your gear. 

It's not yours. 

You're only renting it. 

I just saw a Battleeye message today saying there will be a Stable branch wipe with the release of 0.49.

You're welcome.

I will enjoy the crying about BEING wiped more than the crying before the wipe. 

:murder:

Yes but just imagine how much more the ones that cant get gear legit will cry.

so... you're asking if there's a hack, to keep your hacked weapons, and you're asking HERE?  good job - tell your mom upstairs to give you a cookie.

• Like 1

You've got to find the unicorn in the debug forrest to the North, capture and prepaire it for sacrifice.  build a hut, kill the unicorn and then paint the top of your door with it's blood.

Rumor has it that Dean Hall personally inserts himself into each and every server, and takes the firstborn.

This is your only remedy.  REPENT

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

just take the wipe then struggle for 10 or 15 minutes to get fully geared.

• Like 1

nope. they going to be wiped clean. no more hacked mags for players :)

We hope, otherwise they are just going to piss off a bunch of people once the duping starts up again...

Character wipe?

Grab my shotgun, get my axe, and get my camera, because I have some ass to kick. I will fucking rip the restart's lungs open, amputate its left arm, sow the two together and use them as god damned PARTY DECORATIONS!

• Like 1

I really don't think there is any way to avoid the eminent. And in all honestly, you can only get SO geared.

I am the only one I feel that should fret over the wipe, as I have a decked Mosin with a bipod that I got off a bandit, a tactical vest, full TTSKO, 400 rounds, and a p73 RAK