banjo (DayZ)

Should Rocket go sooner rather than later?

You would likely be surprised that people play this game for many hundreds of hours avoiding all contact with players.

no im not suprised , its just i wouldnt want the game to be catered for the minority who are blood killing monsters.

ive been on no pvp servers and the like before its not my bag but...i do understand others want different things.

no im not suprised , its just i wouldnt want the game to be catered for the minority who are blood killing monsters.

ive been on no pvp servers and the like before its not my bag but...i do understand others want different things.

And at the same time a game can't be everything for everyone, only so many man hours you can put in it.

i think its funny that people yell and whinge for attention round their "vision" or "fixs/solutions for dayz. 
and then when a person involved throws the dogs a bone. voices their concerns "as a person" 

people are shocked in the manor of 'thats not professional" as if they get to decide if its a beef bone or a pork bone.

shit.

your lucky you even get to participate in the game at all at this stage.

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R
  • Like 3

i think its funny that people yell and whinge for attention round their "vision" or "fixs/solutions for dayz.

and then when a person involved throws the dogs a bone. voices their concerns "as a person"

people are shocked in the manor of 'thats not professional" as if they get to decide if its a beef bone or a pork bone.

shit.

We are the lucky ones but it's Bohemia, Rocket, and Steam that got to split 40 million dollars in cold hard cash for a game that has not seen much core improvement?

Are you taking 100,000 dollar mountain trips or Rocket? Now who is the lucky one.

We are the lucky ones but it's Bohemia, Rocket, and Steam that got to split 40 million dollars in cold hard cash for a game that has not seen much core improvement?

Are you taking 100,000 dollar mountain trips or Rocket? Now who is the lucky one.

god you are such a....do you get payed for posting at least 20 negative Responses a day ? Or is your live so miserable that you somehow have to ? jealousy seems to be eating at you "bro"...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

You keep mentioning this. You do realize that Rocket climbed Mount Everest in May of 2013. We couldn't purchase DayZ SA until January of 2013. Now trips like that are typically paid for months if not a year in advance meaning that while the game was in development and no one knew how many people would buy into Alpha he was arranging his climb. 

He didn't see money roll in and go, "I'm going to go blow some money!" like you are implying. Also, how he decides to spend money he earned in his personal life is really of no concern of yours. The number of people who see a game in production and go, "Oh they are gouging us on the price. The devs are not eating elbow macroni with canned tomatos and some hotdogs chopped up in it so they are wasting our money that could go into the game! I think one of them ordered a $15 sandwich for lunch the other day. I don't eat $15 sandwiches for lunch so they must be wasting our money." is ridiculous. I've seen this with multiple games. 

Edited by Mercules

Death BY Crowbar, Once again since your Marklars are both wise and true  you have earned another can of Beans, I wish I could enhance it with a bonus can of Peaches (but that option doesn't exist yet) :beans:

I accept the beans (and Peaches if they were supported on the forum and in return offer you Marklars!

tumblr_m2695vbBtZ1r5jkaw.png

To lighten you up a bit, Mercules is completely right. Climbing Mt.Everest is no package holiday, you have to plan this trip over a year in advance because the climbing season on Mt.Everest is a tiny narrow time window roughly going from the mid of April to the mid of May and the mountain is pretty much overcrowded during this weeks. So no, Rocket probably didn't spend any DayZ money to climb Everest.

Also, such a hike is a "once in your life" - thing. You don't skip such an opportunity because "I HAZ A GAME TO CODE".

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

what do you think?

I think your comparison is flawed.

BiS are runnin that bizz for at least 15 years, they know what they do and they pretty aware of what rocket is able to do.

Who you are judging about a person you probably never talked too and not aware of his skills? Judging about bad decisions" of a company runnin shit since 15 years?

Do you even have knowledge about running a (game)business, probably not if you have to work as an assistent in a kitchen.

It's just another stupid rocket/BiS/everyhting is flawed from the beginning-bullshitthread - if you think you have greate ideas and loads of skills - go apply on BiS but ffs spare with kinda threads.

Edited by Guest

shit.

But don't forget how easy it is to rant on some forums. Most of the time, its really just a coping mechanism. A way to vent.

Maybe someone can throw up a  place for people simply rant, then whoever wanted to read them could and those who don't aren't forced to.

well my two cents, suuure i wished the game was finished in my dreams already, but to come here and whine about stuff that makes no sense i find it ridiculous. To come on to the forums and make posts about bugs to let that little rage/ frustration off is one thing. But this post is just stupid, first none here is working for BI or dayz dev team, none here have to sit hours coding stuff in the game, second they are also humans beings and not robots, the more pressure given the more stress creates and more mistakes happens. So they are entitled to their rests or travels. I dont care how much they have to spend on their personal trips, hell i bet that if anyone´s bosses here would force you to work non stop you would find a lawyer right away.

So reality check the game will take some time, until we are out of alpha stage we will deal bugs and problems. No i am not using the its alpha but honestly isnt what it is? alpha! there are plenty of other gamer to play, i might check h1z1 just for kicks, whats wrong with that?

if we were on year 4 of game development then i would be concerned, ppl bring the mod when they fail to understand that the mod wasnt the game it was what caught everyone´s attention. So me personally i dont count the mod as part of the project because it was using or rather "leeching" from arma 2 i mean leeching because it used what he could from the game and changed what he could, thus all the crazy bugs. All the COD kids and 12 year old should just chill on demanding stuff or rather read the  red labels before they buy the game, we cant blame steam, BI or anyone else if they cant read those big bright colored letters. 

LoL... but I don't give up. is there like a halfway topic for semi-annoyed rants? :)

It's a rant thread period, whether you give up or not.

• Like 1

It's a rant thread period, whether you give up or not.

Ok, fair enough.

I want to point out how pointless and silly the OP is. I think its incredibly rude and a great overstepping of the bounds of acceptable criticism to infer that we should have influence on their business operations and employment circumstances.

• Like 1

Ok, fair enough.

I want to point out how pointless and silly the OP is. I think its incredibly rude and a great overstepping of the bounds of acceptable criticism to infer that we should have influence on their business operations and employment circumstances.

Oh I agree.  This thread is a PoS and doesn't deserve a spot on this forum.

• Like 1

Wowwwwww that was a long read.

God bless this community for making my life at work bearable reading topics such as this one.

@ Mercules, Xbow, and especially Etherimp... +1 boys great posts... Etherimps breakdown of why this isn't primarily a PVP game only to have buddy respond with the same garble was just priceless.

Man what a good read this was who needs soap operas when we have the dayz forums!

My opinion... Rocket should go when he and the company he works with see fit.

• Like 1

When he's gone we'll have threads "Everything has gone to shit since Rocket left, bring back rocket" etc. The feeling I have (and it's total speculation) is that he's not at the coalface so much. Let him go home for christmas. There's skype etc. It's not a big deal and he can still lead.

What I'd hate is he leaves and then he has no say and/or is sidelined.

• Like 1

Rocket probably doesn't come here because it is impossible to hide content he doesn't want to see. He recently "threatened" to stay away from /r/dayz because people there make too many assumptions and he doesn't like that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2ekiyb/rdayz_we_need_to_talk/ck11cde

It was always going to happen. Dean has lasted longer than many many devs i have seen abandon talking to us gamers on forums. In the end we always break them.

How often am i going to read this....

Bohemia Interactive has it's own in house engine, they are NOT going to pay licensing for a 3rd party engine, there is no discussion to be had there. Whether their engine is good or bad is out of the equation, it's something they already have, that they made, that they know like the back of their hand, why would they spend a sizable chunk of their budget on a 3rd party solution?

Every single mature game engine out there has been in continuous development at least for the past 10 years.

They should have at least used the most recent version of their engine (Arma 3) then...

They should have at least used the most recent version of their engine (Arma 3) then...

Oh you mean from a game that was still in development while this was in development ?? makes it hard to use the engine when it wasnt complete. But hey they did use assets out of arma 3 and they chose to use ToH version of RV3 and now they have chosen to develop the engine much further to there needs..

Not sure how you know what would be better than them (hey maybe you do and your sone sort of software developer but i doubt you would be here making posts like this if you were..