private-pile

Another game breaking glitch

I am experiencing a glitch at the moment where after 20-30 mins of gameplay, it comes up with "No message received in * seconds". But this is not because of server drop or me lagging at all, as I just lose connection and when I try to exit, DayZ crashes and I have to restart it. Its happening in every server and its really frustrating, I've tried relogging in steam, re-downloading dayz, verifying game cache, nothings working for me.  :(

I am experiencing this as well.

People (including myself) have posted about it numerous times in the official discussion about the current patch.

I am experiencing this as well.

People (including myself) have posted about it numerous times in the official discussion about the current patch.

Its so frustrating isn't it, It got me killed before by zombies full of gear at the north west. We need help!

I am experiencing a glitch at the moment where after 20-30 mins of gameplay, it comes up with "No message received in * seconds". But this is not because of server drop or me lagging at all, as I just lose connection and when I try to exit, DayZ crashes and I have to restart it. Its happening in every server and its really frustrating, I've tried relogging in steam, re-downloading dayz, verifying game cache, nothings working for me.  :(

This has been happening to me since the moment I downloaded this game. I'll either get the LMB bug, or this one. Every time. Don't expect them to fix it any time soon though, they seem to be more conscerned with adding a new food or clothing item that nobody needs rather than fixing game break bugs.

This has been happening to me since the moment I downloaded this game. I'll either get the LMB bug, or this one. Every time. Don't expect them to fix it any time soon though, they seem to be more conscerned with adding a new food or clothing item that nobody needs rather than fixing game break bugs.

Or announcing a PS4 version that wouldn't be possible until a few years, makes the PC users think they can't be fucked with us anymore.

It;s important to internalize that this is a product in development that won't be anywhere near "finalized" for years to come on ANY platform.

Ripping on the devs because you get attached to your gear which can be wiped for any reason at any time is stupid.

• Like 3

Saying things like this makes a lot of people turn against you and call you dumb.  Just a friendly warning.   They will claim that it's normal for the game to get worse because it's alpha.   Which I totally don't understand.

• Like 1

For those with the game crashing after some time, can you write what cpu, what graphics card, how much ram and what operating system (32bit/64bit) you have? I personally suspect (have for some time) that there is some memory leaking going on, but that's just stupid me.

For those with the game crashing after some time, can you write what cpu, what graphics card, how much ram and what operating system (32bit/64bit) you have? I personally suspect (have for some time) that there is some memory leaking going on, but that's just stupid me.

You can check peoples attached dxdiag's on the bug tracker.

• Like 1

Saying things like this makes a lot of people turn against you and call you dumb.  Just a friendly warning.   They will claim that it's normal for the game to get worse because it's alpha.   Which I totally don't understand.

People get ripped on when they bitch and moan and don't post any pc specs or even attempt to use the bug tracker. Hell just posting specs will help with replies.
  • Like 1

Problems with netcode will be on/off happen/not happing during Alpha..that is to be expected...anoying ? yes..."gamebreaking" no...since there is no game yet...

• Like 1

merge threads ?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208074-random-loosing-connection/#entry2085008

you ought to check the forums before posting maybe, would be more effective ..

I have an idea this problem is caused by a memory leak in 64 bit systems

meaning it only hurts players with 64-bit OSs

Is that right ?

Edited by pilgrim

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208074-random-loosing-connection/#entry2085008

you ought to check the forums before posting maybe, would be more effective ..

I have an idea this problem is caused by a memory leak in 64 bit systems

meaning it only hurts players with 64-bit OSs

Is that right ?

Maybe if you're running a 64 bit system with 4gigs of ram.  Anyway, cannot help the OP without know what kind of hardware he is running.  I personally haven't had any crashes or "apparent" game breaking bugs.

Edited by Caboose187

Maybe if you're running a 64 bit system with 4gigs of ram.  Anyway, cannot help the OP without know what kind of hardware he is running.  I personally haven't had any crashes or "apparent" game breaking bugs.

Well maybe it's something to do with rendering in 64-bit OS but no one will know unless the people who have the problem TELL it.

I have win7 32 bit and NO problem, so I can't look for it myself.

Beck is doing good.

off the cuff = I have no way of knowing =

If it was the DayZ software, you'd expect everyone with 64-bit to have the same prob, but if it was GPU direct x driver incompatibility then it would be limited to one make of video card?

- or maybe pc is multicore with low ram as Caboose says .. poff, do people really run multi-core with 64-bit OS and only 4 gig memory ??

If it was my machine I'd try running it on low-low graphics settings see if that made a difference, but it's only something you can do to help faultfinding - not a solution.

Edited by pilgrim

You can check peoples attached dxdiag's on the bug tracker.

Thanks, memory limit does not seem to be a problem here...also from the tracker....

"You can see someone say that they tried ArmA III and it also has the same problem"...

.. poff, do people really run multi-core with 64-bit OS and only 4 gig memory ??

Sadly I read very often about configs with current cpus, good gpus and 4gb ram - you can get those of the rack and sellers can get the price down that extra $30 compared to the competition. Either way, from what others wrote, the 4gb don't seem to be the problem here - not saying that more ram would not be advantageous...

• Like 1

Saying things like: "Don't expect them to fix it any time soon though, they seem to be more concerned with adding a new food or clothing item that nobody needs rather than fixing game breaking bugs." -In any context anywhere besides kindergarten makes a lot of people turn against you and call you an idiot.

The people responsible for adding cosmetic items into the game work in the art department, the art department is not responsible for tweaking the game mechanics and code.

It's normal for a lot of things to break when new things get added during alpha. Alpha is for adding content, beta is for fixing majority of the bugs and polishing the game. Just because you can't seem to grasp the concept of the alpha phase in the game development process, doesn't mean it's abnormal.

Edited by Exorade

So what year will we be in Beta? Saying that the reason no core has been fixed for over 9 months now, (longer if you count the time between the mod and startup of the Stand Alone when the team was just climbing mountains and going to every game conference around the world possible)..... because it's standard to add more things before fixing the core...... this is not adding any confidence that the core is getting fixed. This is not a typical game. My opinion is that this game has more severe core problems than a typical alpha. So while it may be normal to start throwing resources into content only at first......... it may serve this game better to start throwing resources into the core first. We understand artwork and content is a different set of talent. I get all that. But it's a little strange that before any of the PC core of standalone has been improved or optimized they are now talking about the PS4 port? That's a lack of professionalism in my opinion. If they were serious about fixing the PC game they would not even respond to questions about PS4. It's not any one single thing that worries me about this game.... it's the whole picture when you look at all the events and timing of everything.

Edited by hothtimeblues

Thanks, memory limit does not seem to be a problem here...also from the tracker....

"You can see someone say that they tried ArmA III and it also has the same problem"...

Sadly I read very often about configs with current cpus, good gpus and 4gb ram - you can get those of the rack and sellers can get the price down that extra $30 compared to the competition. Either way, from what others wrote, the 4gb don't seem to be the problem here - not saying that more ram would not be advantageous...

Yes - I'm inventing ideas as I go along. I have heard of problems with graphics softwares on multicore machines that have on the fly rendering problems with 4gb and shut down. Adobe AE does/did this. And the problem sounds like a memory leak, dont it?  In game since the patch I have seen players in the player list get kicked by battleye for 'loss of connection' (quite often) although they had pings of 30 or 60 max. So this sounds like a leak that uses up the ram quite rapidly. It looks to be 64-bit OS that are affected, not 32-bit. If there is a memory policing routine in operation, then the software would tend to drop out if there was limited ram in the first place. So ... I donno.. but I'd look for a segmentation fault, and I'd suppose it came from filling up memory (however much you got) rendering the frames.. but that's all the ideas I got.. turn down the graphics specs to very low and see if the game runs longer ? And I guess also all these people have direct x 11 on their machines not direct x 9 ?

Also I can be completely wrong.

I'm interested because last night I got bored with 32-bit windows7 and decided to put in a little SSD with win7 64-bit and just DayZ (triple boot in fact) to see what I could do with that. Was on my way out to buy SSD when I started reading this thread. So maybe I can experiment, heh.

Of course BI will be on this now, I guess hotfix very soon. The coffee machine is running dry every 3 am ain't it ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

But it's a little strange that before any of the PC core of standalone has been improved or optimized they are now talking about the PS4 port? That's a lack of professionalism in my opinion.

chaning scope and replacing the renderer is a lack of professionalism ? Dunno what you are up against...

• Like 1

Saying things like: "Don't expect them to fix it any time soon though, they seem to be more concerned with adding a new food or clothing item that nobody needs rather than fixing game breaking bugs." -In any context anywhere besides kindergarten makes a lot of people turn against you and call you an idiot.

The people responsible for adding cosmetic items into the game work in the art department, the art department is not responsible for tweaking the game mechanics and code.

Saying things like: "The people responsible for adding cosmetic items into the game work in the art department, the art department is not responsible for tweaking the game mechanics and code" -In any context anywhere besides kindergarten makes a lot of people turn against you and call you a homer and a fanboy. 

First off, I doubt it's "art", it's more likely graphic design. They're not finger painting, buddy. This is not kindergarten, I thought you knew that. 

Second, everything that is developed within the graphic design department must go through a rigorous process to ensure that it does indeed run smoothly in game. A new, but useless, item involves nearly everyone on their team, not just those in the "art" department, as you say. This process involves work hours from those who ought to be dealing with these game-breaking bugs that have been widely reported for well over a month now, but are rather checking to make sure the bandanna can tear into rags, or a new, but useless, animation works. So I apologize if this is new to you, but developing items affects more areas than just the "art" department.

BTW, if anyone is interested, my specs are as follows:

i7-4700mq

GT 755m SLI

16gb ram

Windows 8.1 64bit. 

Edited by Chepaco

chaning scope and replacing the renderer is a lack of professionalism ? Dunno what you are up against...

That's a good point you make that they are trying to fix the PC game. But what I'm saying is strange is that since their first product has not shown any major improvements, why would you start selling the idea of a second product? I would put 100% effort into fixing the first product.

The PC game, while still Alpha, still has almost all the same core problems that it did 9 months ago. So yes, that is strange to me that they would not flat out say something like.... "while it is possible we may agree to a future console port, we are at this time only dedicated to completing the PC standalone".

What I got was that they are selling the idea of console port, without convincing anyone that they are 100% using all resources to the PC version first.

In other words, the mere fact that they now show an interest in a console port, isn't that going to impact how they program the stand alone? I'm afraid they will make the stand alone PC game in a way that makes it easier to port the game to console which means we will not get a superior product.

This process involves work hours from those who ought to be dealing with these game-breaking bugs that have been widely reported for well over a month now, but are rather checking to make sure the bandanna can tear into rags, or a new, but useless, animation works. So I apologize if this is new to you, but developing items affects more areas than just the "art" department.

You are wrong.

Anyway to address the topic of this thread, this indeed seems to be an issue with BattlEye. I'm told the problem was fixed earlier today. Please try verifying your game cache in Steam or downloading and installing BattlEye manually from here http://battleye.com/download.html

• Like 1

First off, I doubt it's "art", it's more likely graphic design. They're not finger painting, buddy. This is not kindergarten, I thought you knew that.

Graphic design is art. Art department is a  term more often used in the film industry for the department that designs the visual look of a film, but it applies to games as well. There's more to art than fingerpainting.

Second, everything that is developed within the graphic design department must go through a rigorous process to ensure that it does indeed run smoothly in game. A new, but useless, item involves nearly everyone on their team, not just those in the "art" department, as you say. This process involves work hours from those who ought to be dealing with these game-breaking bugs that have been widely reported for well over a month now, but are rather checking to make sure the bandanna can tear into rags, or a new, but useless, animation works. So I apologize if this is new to you, but developing items affects more areas than just the "art" department.

Sure, I partially agree with that. It affects the other members of the team. But not to the extend which you described in your earlier post. Unless you've actually talked to the developers and they have confirmed most of what you claimed above, it's pure speculation...

You are wrong.

Well, there you go.

I have issues with this game and this game only, and guess what?  ITS MY ROUTER!!!  Not saying your router is shit, but i am suggesting there can be numerous things causing issues, including your own equipment.  Hell, half the time i spawn in, I cant move.  Funny thing is its my fault.  My router is garbage and fights the traffic...