Sign in to follow this  
lazytek (DayZ)

Whats your survival record ?

Well, I've decided to change my play style several weeks ago and go for maximum immersion and survival kind of gameplay. Since then i've been trying my best to avoid any "troubles", that could lead to my ass get kicked. I've spent over 500 hours in dayz so far, and during that period all i did was run to my dead body location to gather what has not been stolen.

After recent changes i found dayz very entertaining actually. When ur not playing deathmatch kind of game, but trying your best to feel the atmosphere of this post apocalypse utopia we are playing in. 

My record so far is 3 plain weeks of each day gaming without gettin holes in my back. Carebear? Maybe, but i did encounter some bandits along the way, had lots of fun in gunfights, hunting, gathering etc.

The romancy of making a bonefire in the woods, cooking something with ur mates, telling stories of your past. Roleplaying. Some1 is sleeping, and some1 is on the watch, then u swap roles. While ur char "sleeps" u can go eat something irl, have a smoke, do something about ur house or whatever u think is right.

Dayz is not about the gunfights, its the only game ive played so far that really brings u this immersion. The feeling of being alone among the wolfes. 

Who are you? And what is YOUR record of immersive survival?

dea3ccf96bc4a24f5c9c1b88df6cde05.jpg

• Like 3

Mid-January to July 27th.

I should add that the staircase in the Novo tower killed me.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

My 1pp character I've had for about 3 months.

My 3pp character is my screw around and I don't care how long he survives for.

650 hours in game or so, i've died 3 times in total to other players, last time was July 12th (experimental hardcore)

Edited by Calibre

I lost track on my regular character after around 300 hours alive. Definitely more now

hard to keep track when playing a lot of exp and hc lately as well 

Had my last character for 3 months until I respawned on the coast... Was dayz telling me it was time for a freshie, since then I have role-played my Chinese woman for at least a month.... I don't remember the last time I died legitimately to be honest...

A lot of this depends on the server's population. I typically filter to find servers with at least 25 people to join, if I find the holy grail of a server with 39 I will spam try to enter it. It's easy to survive especially on a server with 10 people or less. Since I gravitate mostly to the more populated servers I get a lot of interaction, and when I decide to take the risk of looting a large northern town I know I'm in for some interesting action. I went for nearly a month on high pop servers such as this putting in at least 20 hours per week without getting killed by a player, although I must admit I take unnecessary risks and die on stairs a lot. A lot. Like I even decided to climb a crane for grins and put some chem lights in there and broke my legs and died in that as well due to a bug.

• Like 1

160 days on the mod but boredom kills me on this, sorry ;-)

Edit: I really need to give it more time especially since the updates.

Edited by Mutagen_7B4

3 months on both modes. The hardcore toon just vanished and on regular I took a one ticket fun trip to Berezino.

My hardcore character has been alive since October 1475, but I don;t care about the regular one - I kill him every few weeks just because I want to.

This is because I'm really fucking cool.

January until yesterday when I got wiped due to bug. Though I took march off.

Spent most of it on the coast looking for people attacking fresh spawns. Still wish it kept track of z and player kills.

Was oddly liberating while being super annoying at the same time.

Edited by hellcane

Just over four months with my current reg char..my fucking reg guy outlived my hardcore chap who died due to massive head shot trauma last week. Tears.

Once I gear up, I usually go to populated areas of the map. Shit might go down so survival can be hard. I never go to Berezino to look for fight, but it is sometimes too boring to survive in the woods. Player interaction is what makes this game. Sometimes interaction happens with bullets, sometimes with mic.

• Like 1

About 3 months from the beginning of the SA, until I valiantly died to a rogue ladder in the TEC building at Komarovo. Bastard!

I spawned on the coast, and eventually died of hunger, because there was no food.

Sooooo, 40 minutes?

Edited by So Sexy

I spawned on the coast, and eventually died of hunger, because there was no food.

Sooooo, 40 minutes?

What? Do you play on experiemental if you cant find food? And is 40 minutes your lonest time alive? How long have you played this game?

What? Do you play on experiemental if you cant find food? And is 40 minutes your lonest time alive? How long have you played this game?

For 40 minutes I guess  :P

My 2 characters on stable have been around since march (3rd person) and april (1st person) up to today. My more risky behaviour is always on experimental since you will have a character wipe about every 2 weeks anyway. TBH most my gameplay is on exp so the majority of my 450+ hours is played on exp servers.

I'm not sure the persistence-enabled stable servers are respawning loot. Or maybe there is a different respawn system, or something?

The towns I've been to in persistent servers have been picked clean of useful items, leaving just the odd bit of food and a few pipe wrenches, builders helmets, etc.

Obviously I was joking,

I like to spawn, get to a 40/40 server, loot, interact a bit with players maybe, punch some campers and get their gear (doesn't happen frequently), then go to high end loot areas and get fully decked out. Once I do this, there isn't much left to do so I go to Berezino and suicide in battle fighting as a spartan. last time I won a 5v1 with my SKS-pu only to get betrayed by the bambi I saved :( it was a glorious death nonetheless.