Sign in to follow this  
TheMaxedout

whats the scariest moment you've had?

Lets face it we've all gotten scared in dayz atleast once. My personal experience was when I was playing by myself a few months back on a night server. I was the only person in the server and I wasn't worried about people. I was in NE airfield when I went into a hanger I couldnt see well so I turned my flashlight that was attached to my m4 on and to my surprise there were about 8 zombies standing in a circle. one of them slowly turned to me and then that gained all of their attention I only had about 30 shots left and wanted to save ammo I ran for my life. It was the last time I went there at night. Post your experience I'd love to see what you guys have to share!

Edited by TheMaxedout
  • Like 2

Joined a mid-pop server (20ish) as I was on the outskirts of Bere, a few months ago. Scoped the cop-shop out, and looked as clear as it was gonna look, so headed in. Unlooted (wtf right?). Got what I needed, and as I closed a door behind me...

"Get out of my police station....

...NOW!"

So I scanned outside the windows, couldn't see him. Bolted out the side door, and through houses onto that low hill to the west of the northern road. Then there's shots at me. Lots of shots. Take cover, slowly start to flank through the trees. Hear footsteps. Hide in a bush for 10 minutes. Footsteps again. STILL no visual. Then someone blew the gas station. Shit myself. Combat logged. Too much adrenalin. Fuck that.

• Like 4

In some random town outside Novo. It's a low-pop server. I'm looting a few houses and buildings, looking for ammo. I enter the diner/restaurant building, and hear shots. I go prone. I hear them again. I get up, and start sprinting. I sprint out of the dining room, and to the top of the staircase. I sit there for a few minutes, my AK101 raised. I hear a door open, and footsteps. They last for about five minutes, before stopping. I sat there for ten more minutes before leaving the game.

I'm not going to look at diners the same ever again.

• Like 2

I was looting an the ATC at NEAF a few patches ago, and hear zombies outside, followed by the distinctive thunk of an axe meeting one in the head. This guy pops his head up the stairs, I take a shot, he backs down and starts talking to me, telling me how he's got friends with him and shit and how if I come down slowly they won't kill me. I'm naturally calling horse shit on this and we banter back and forth quite combatively for a while. The next thing I know I get hit with a fucking baseball bat by some nearly freshie from behind me. I guess his aim was a little off because it didn't knock me out or kill me (must have hit my arm or something). I spin around, dump probably 5-6 SKS rounds into him and run up to the top of the ATC to reload when the first guy who I was talking to comes running up the stairs screaming some shit over VOIP at me. I fired the last 2-3 rounds from my sks into him, breaking his legs, he shoots me with his pistol, and we both fall unconscious.

I'm waiting, mashing my keyboard hoping it'll wake me up a little faster, and thankfully wake up before he does. I reload my SKS and put a bullet into his brain. Right as I do that, a mosin shot flies into where I am and hits right next to me. I freaked and peaced the fuck outta there as fast as I possibly could. I stopped running near the water to the East of Krasno and wait to see if I'm followed. After about 5 minutes of scanning the area I finally decide that's enough for the night and log.

• Like 2

I was in a barn south-east around 1km from green mountain, idling there eating my dinner and just watching my monitor then someone passed 1m away from the door, scared the shit out of me, i went out of barn 3 seconds later and there was no one there! I was searching around the barn for like 5 minutes and nothing, there was no chance that someone could run that far from barn because there are only meadows there! 044 096

I was looting an the ATC at NEAF a few patches ago, and hear zombies outside, followed by the distinctive thunk of an axe meeting one in the head. This guy pops his head up the stairs, I take a shot, he backs down and starts talking to me, telling me how he's got friends with him and shit and how if I come down slowly they won't kill me. I'm naturally calling horse shit on this and we banter back and forth quite combatively for a while. The next thing I know I get hit with a fucking baseball bat by some nearly freshie from behind me. I guess his aim was a little off because it didn't knock me out or kill me (must have hit my arm or something). I spin around, dump probably 5-6 SKS rounds into him and run up to the top of the ATC to reload when the first guy who I was talking to comes running up the stairs screaming some shit over VOIP at me. I fired the last 2-3 rounds from my sks into him, breaking his legs, he shoots me with his pistol, and we both fall unconscious.

I'm waiting, mashing my keyboard hoping it'll wake me up a little faster, and thankfully wake up before he does. I reload my SKS and put a bullet into his brain. Right as I do that, a mosin shot flies into where I am and hits right next to me. I freaked and peaced the fuck outta there as fast as I possibly could. I stopped running near the water to the East of Krasno and wait to see if I'm followed. After about 5 minutes of scanning the area I finally decide that's enough for the night and log.

That is a scary moment for you? When someone shooting at you? Scary moment for me is when no one is shooting at me :)  

when my fukin friend handcuffed me and killed me after i saved his life. steam friend.

....I have never been scared or afraid playing DayZ or felt any kind of real fear. I have been in life threatening situations and DayZ does not come close. .I my mind it is vary clear it is a game, but I could see how someone in a real life similar situation to DayZ would be vary afraid. But your vary safe playing, its not real that's really clear to me LOL Its not that immersive yet anyways. I think for me I have gotten a good surprise or a jolt here and there or excited, annoyed even and will say its pretty intense for a video game. A little bit of a rush from pvp yes. So I will say it has triggered an emotional responses, fear was not one of them. 

Edited by CJFlint

spawned into the green house on the top of Altar, realised that there was a fire burning, and then could hear voices talking, sat very quietly as they cooked meat, heart thumping waiting for them to come into the house which they didn't thank goodness.

My scariest/coolest experience in DayZ Standalone goes as follows.

*At this time, Cernaya Polana is the newest addition to Chernarus.

"I run into the village not knowing what to expect. Foreign land to me, who knows what dangers might lay ahead. Scavenging every open building, trying to find food to last me the night. I find myself in a two story, green house. Not long after, noises from other players are apparent outside the building. They must have been watching me this entire time. I am surrounded, being commanded to exit the building and drop all of my belongings. I decide to wait it out, both parties are playing the waiting game. Now I hear them speaking in a language I do not understand. And I instantly feel uneasy. Heart is racing, palms are sweating, then I stand. Everything is black.

I wake up elsewhere, must have been knocked out (killed lol). I find my way back to where the crime was committed. My corpse, just laying there on the ground. Beside it, a lit flare and a note. Written in a language I can not read. To this day, I still do not know what my death bringers wrote down on that piece of paper."

During this event, my heart had never raced so fast whilst playing DayZ. Having to think on my toes for survival. I got outplayed, GG Spanish gang who killed me. I respect the efforts and role playing they put into this murder.

Role-Play > KoS

Edited by Act III
  • Like 1

....I have never been scared or afraid playing DayZ or felt any kind of real fear. I have been in life threatening situations and DayZ does not come close. .I my mind it is vary clear it is a game, but I could see how someone in a real life similar situation to DayZ would be vary afraid. But your vary safe playing, its not real that's really clear to me LOL Its not that immersive yet anyways. I think for me I have gotten a good surprise or a jolt here and there or excited, annoyed even and will say its pretty intense for a video game. A little bit of a rush from pvp yes. So I will say it has triggered an emotional responses, fear was not one of them. 

You must be the life and soul of the party

• Like 1

Today I was looting the garage area north of Novo, I had done every building and truck and was sure there was no one there. I spotted a Mosin, I had since been unarmed except for an axe so I grabbed it and loaded the only four bullets I had. Next thing I know a creepy voice comes over comms "iiiiiiiiiiiii caaaaaaaaaaan seeeeeeeeeee yoooooooooouuuu mooooooooooooother fucker!". My heart starts racing, I've never been held up before so I'm beginning to think wtf do I do here? I laughed over comms and said "hey buddy, I don't have anything and I have my hands up". I was trying to stay calm when he barked "get on the fucking ground and drop your stuff!". I quickly scanned around and still couldn't figure out where he was, or if he had a clean shot at me. Fuck it. I had been kneeling with my hands behind my head but I got to my feet and broke for the trees, zig zagging my way through the yard and round trucks. There were shots, a lot of shots. My heart nearly exploded in my chest but I made it to the trees and swept wide, always checking my back. I didn't see anyone and I sat watching that yard for a good ten minutes. Shit myself big time.

• Like 2

My scariest moment was running out of 

Pepsi_Sugar_Cherry_12.png

While running around killing zombies at home.

• Like 1

I heard people get really overly excited or scared playing dayz and honestly never got it....serously..Or maybe they like to be afraid much like a horror movie...I'm always calm, having fun or really annoyed at broken zombies.. You pick

I think a scary thought is if they don't fix those broken zombies, or some of these other game really bad bugs...Might have to move onto greener pastures. 

Edited by CJFlint

What's scary is if the Devs don't fix the broken zombies, in .49. How about them apples!

APPLES ARE THE BESTEST DAMN THING ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. 83

Lol but in all seriousness it probably will take longer than just that.

On a full server, I ran all the way to the Vybor Barracks and noticed all the doors were closed. Knowing this might be either an ambush or a pure blind luck, I decided to run with the latter. Did a quick run through all 3 barracks and boy... felt the neverending terror of paranoia. No player or server hopper showed up in the end, but after I was done with the third building, I turned around and got smacked in the face by a zombie who glitched through a wall.

Shat many bricks that day.

Every time a gas station explodes and I'm near it

Every.Fucking.Time

• Like 2

my post above is more adrenaline fueled than fear fueled - also adjusting the volume in game gets me every fricking time too..

I've had a million scary moments in this game. One that comes to mind was when I was camping and sniping the NW Airfield. I hopped from server to server, sitting for 15 minutes waiting for someone to go near the firehouse. I went to some high-pop servers, some low-pop servers (10-15 players), and continued doing so for a few hours. Hours went by without me seeing anyone. I relocated to a 3 player server so I could run around and restock up on food, drinks, etc. 

While I'm looting a drink by the bottom steps of the air tower, some dude walks down the stairs and pops me in a mere couple seconds. I was so caught off guard, I nearly shit my pants. All the scariest moments in this game pertain to me looking for players, not finding any, and then being surprised when I least expect it.

• Like 2

Biggest fear here was rubberbanding in experimental. Going from

'oh shit, I just jumped off the ledge'

'oh shit'

'oh shit'

'oh shit, I'm falling really far'

'oh shit, I'm gonna die when I hit the ground'

'WOAH!, I'm back up on top of the building'

'whew!"

So, for a period of 1.5 to 2.5 seconds shit gets really real. Then I'm okay. That gets me jumping sometimes.

Player related fear doesn't happen to me anymore, really. Once I accepted that the gear I have will probably be gone soon, fearing death doesn't really happen.

Scariest moment is when Dean announced interest in PS4 port. I think it means they are giving up on fixing the pc version. Guess they will outsource to asia for ps4.

• Like 2

I was running for a long time through Elektro today, pursued by some zombies that I was trying to leave behind.  The more I ran through the city, the more I seemed to gather.  I was looking for a fire station or hospital where I could climb the external ladder to get rid of these freaks.  At last I reach the city hospital and I see a ladder.  I stop running to climb - and at that moment the first zombie of the group hits me.  Oh well, then I guess I'll have to deal with them.  I pull out my Magnum and empty the chamber on the group of zombies.  Once they're all on the ground I start climbing the ladder.  I am bleeding and I hear other zombies around being drawn to my location by the shots.  I reach the roof at last where I can finally bandage myself and rest.    

• Like 1