Sign in to follow this  
hothtimeblues

New patch equals crazy drinking glitch

Just a warning if you are near a ledge...... When I took a drink from canteen my character threw himself forward pretty far onto the ground like he got hit by a truck. What the fuck.

dayz updates are crazy... Has no one seen this on stable?

Killed a Zed only to watch his corpse just....Float away, then respawn :huh: lol I Love Patch Day :D

• Like 1

It's a know glitch if you drink all with canteen you go prone. Read the chanel log.

You dont just go prone. I think you fly forward a little like it has to do with the rag doll physics. So if you are standing in front of ledge you will jump off and die. That would be the best alpha death.

• Like 1

On stable First Person I tried to replicate the Drink All and hit the Dirt effect on two occasions but nothing strange or untoward happened. I was already kneeling and i was in a flat forest area. Be that as it may I do plan on staying away from ledges and railings when I drink from my canteen. No sense in testing the fates.  

Has happened to me many times with my current toon.

Doesn't matter if it's a water bottle or canteen but only happens in third person and using the drink all option.

Thrown forward onto floor and float forward about 10 foot. Even glitched through a wall when this happened.

PITA when it happens but will need to remember not to be near any edge when taking a guzzle.

It's a know glitch if you drink all with canteen you go prone. Read the chanel log.

Ya. The thing I don't get though, is what piece of code could they have touched that caused this? I mean, there was nothing wrong with drinking that I was aware of so why on earth touch the code. And how is code for drinking from water bottles linked to player stances in code? If we could walk around while drinking and eating, I could see how this could occur. Maybe that's something they are working on and this was the result?

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 1

The "Drink All" action seems pretty bugged anyways. Most of the time I use it I won't even go prone - because the action never ends until I cancel it.

• Like 1

Ya. The thing I don't get though, is what piece of code could they have touched that caused this? I mean, there was nothing wrong with drinking that I was aware of so why on earth touch the code. And how is code for drinking from water bottles linked to player stances in code? If we could walk around while drinking and eating, I could see how this could occur. Maybe that's something they are working on and this was the result?

There, there. Do not question how dayz game is coded. Thats a crazy ass rabbit hole you will never return from.

• Like 1

Go prone and drink, the bug only affects you if you're standing or crouching. Go prone and drink and you'll be safe.

Just a warning if you are near a ledge...... When I took a drink from canteen my character threw himself forward pretty far onto the ground like he got hit by a truck. What the fuck.

dayz updates are crazy... Has no one seen this on stable?

everyone has seen it

Personally, I think it was a joke from one of the devs that wasn't supposed to get released. I cannot see why/how something like that could be introduced due to code logic unless it was deliberate.

although this is a water bottle, the general problem doesn't appear specific to this patch.

Back in .45-.47 i had a few run-ins with gravity, after i started eating canned beans on Berez / other apartment balconies (the multi-storey ghetto buildings).

After reaching into my pockets, i teleported 2m in front of my old position, out over the balcony to fall to my death...

mmmm beans.

Also, anyone remember falling through the world and then breaking your legs in the mod when you went to put on a ghilli suit?

Best time, found one for the first time, with all my A grade shit, fell through the world and broke my legs dead.

It was a good day.

Personally, I think it was a joke from one of the devs that wasn't supposed to get released. I cannot see why/how something like that could be introduced due to code logic unless it was deliberate.

I could see why one would think its a joke because after drinking you fall down drunk. However, I would personally not release it on purpose even in aplha because I would worry about being judged on the quality of my programming.

So I think it was just a mistake.

I could see why one would think its a joke because after drinking you fall down drunk. However, I would personally not release it on purpose even in aplha because I would worry about being judged on the quality of my programming.

So I think it was just a mistake.

You might not be a programmer right ? use the damm bugtracker instead of making pointless Topics...we have ALL seen it...you can prevent it while going to the Exit menue while you drink or so, i heared...

This is Alpha...there will be more of this Happening...

but on a sidenote...this could be implemented as suicide Option...go to a ledge and drink your last sip...than...good bye cruel world... :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Ya. The thing I don't get though, is what piece of code could they have touched that caused this? I mean, there was nothing wrong with drinking that I was aware of so why on earth touch the code. And how is code for drinking from water bottles linked to player stances in code?

Did you ever notice how when you bandage or do other actions you often crouch (AKA Change Your Stance) if you are not currently crouched? So basically it looks like when the Drink All action is triggered it should trigger the Crouch stance but is instead triggering the Prone stance. 

You might not be a programmer right ? use the damm bugtracker instead of making pointless Topics...we have ALL seen it...you can prevent it while going to the Exit menue while you drink or so, i heared...

This is Alpha...there will be more of this Happening...

but on a sidenote...this could be implemented as suicide Option...go to a ledge and drink your last sip...than...good bye cruel world... :D

Its just a video game, all topics are pretty much pointless. My OP was to help warn people to not die by drinking near a ledge and save a few characters. Why do we have to be so defensive or offensive on this forum?