boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

I haven't played in about a week. How does everyone feel about the current implementation of persistence in stable servers? I don't think I've put enough time in on 0.48 stable yet to form an opinion.

It doesn't work. I left a tent full of gear and an improvised backpack under the tree with some loot as well, but after restart everything gone. I don't know why developers said about implementation of persistance parameters if it doesn't work.  <_<

Edited by MITRANDIR

It doesn't work. I left a tent full of gear and an improvised backpack under the tree with some loot as well, but after restart everything gone. I don't know why developers said about implementation of persistance parameters if it doesn't work.  <_<

was it on a server with persistence activated?

was it on a server with persistence activated?

How to find servers with activated persistance in server browser?

I don't understand the developer's logic. They said about added persistance but they didn't mention about its "workability" on each server and on top of that we don't know how to find servers with activated persistance (at least I don't). Is it so hard for people posting patch notes to bring proper information in changelog, even small description like (doesn't work on all servers), instead of it developers are making people confused and frustrated. I understand it is an alpha but I think people should know about the fact that persistance doesn't work on all servers and they should know about it from changelog. Bring to the people partly true information is a very bad idea for developer's reputation at first. 

Edited by MITRANDIR

filter by "persistance"

• Like 1

Only official (read: Bohemia-hosted) servers have persistence enabled. It also says so right in their server name to remove all doubt as to whether or not it's enabled. If it isn't official and/or doesn't mention persistence, then it's not enabled. This was also mentioned in the changelog and the devblog from when 0.48 was released to stable.

Edited by Tatanko

I understand it is an alpha but I think people should know about the fact that persistance doesn't work on all servers and they should know about it from changelog. Bring to the people partly true information is a very bad idea for developer's reputation at first. 

tumblr_mi1mkbm5OG1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Everyone knows this already for a few weeks. It has been mentioned in official sources and multiple times in this topic.

• Like 2

Everyone knows this already for a few weeks. It has been mentioned in official sources and multiple times in this topic.

Not in the changelog, it says only "Gear: Added lifetime and persistence parameters". And I have no so much time to read the whole topic, so please try to be patient and don't post gifs when other people ask some questions and already have been answered to their questions (thanks to Woody for clearing the situation for me).

Edited by MITRANDIR

Not in the changelog, it says only "Gear: Added lifetime and persistence parameters". And I have no so much time to read the whole topic, so please try to be patient and don't post gifs when other people ask some questions and already have been answered to their questions.

tumblr_mcs2tfcHu51r381kt.png

I never said in the changelog and it is already on the second post of the second page

They should give a fix for the smersh vest =/ Only item I want

Check the static Helicopter crash sites. Its currently extremly rare and there is a chance that you find a RAK instead (due to the low chance of loot spawning there) but you might be lucky.

I'm not the only one having issues with BI servers 'resetting' every 4 hours on schedule, but not being allowed in some of them, am I?

Persistence is enabled and it works, but I can't get in the server to my tent, so it's not helping me much.  Also, loot degradation isn't implemented, is it?  

use a goddman axe to kill the zombies and stop shooting everything this is not the wild wild west...

zombis are great atm u want to shoot them? then you are ringing the dinner bell... expect more to come... do you think every town has only 2-3 zeds on release? lol

this is a ZOMBI survival game!

Sounds like a good idea until Zombies glitch and hit you even well after you have killed them, not to mention they lunge and miss you by 20 feet yet it still counts as a hit and ruins your stuff.

• Like 1

Not in the changelog, it says only "Gear: Added lifetime and persistence parameters". And I have no so much time to read the whole topic, so please try to be patient and don't post gifs when other people ask some questions and already have been answered to their questions (thanks to Woody for clearing the situation for me).

>Gear: Added lifetime and persistence parameters. 

>Persistence parameters

>parameters

parameter

noun

the parameters of the debate: framework, variable, limit, boundary, limitation, restriction, criterion, guideline.

thChedT.gif?1

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

So I've been on vacation for the past week and half and I check the boards and notice 48 has gone to stable. I also read that they wiped characters to combat the glitches mags and dupped inventory. For some strange reason, I was almost looking forward to a fresh start. Then I log in and notice my character is alive and well with all my old gear.

Am I to assume they only wiped players with glitched gear? If that's the case then, HA HA HA HA glitchers! But something tells me my wipe is forthcoming (even with legit gear).

Anyone else miss the purge?

So I've been on vacation for the past week and half and I check the boards and notice 48 has gone to stable. I also read that they wiped characters to combat the glitches mags and dupped inventory. For some strange reason, I was almost looking forward to a fresh start. Then I log in and notice my character is alive and well with all my old gear.

Am I to assume they only wiped players with glitched gear? If that's the case then, HA HA HA HA glitchers! But something tells me my wipe is forthcoming (even with legit gear).

Anyone else miss the purge?

the apoca-apocalypse will be upon us in the age of the the full persistance

• Like 1

Well I'm not playing DayZ till they fix whatever they botched with the last update as concerns the melee system. Fighting zombies with anything other than an axe or machete is near impossible now, you have less range with melee weapons than the zombies do unarmed, if you strike through the head hitting next to their ear it counts as a miss. I literally just stood there striking at a group of three zombies at a range of less than a meter and only around one in twelve strikes hit home somewhere.

This is not "hard" this is just stupid.

Absolute fail on that part, dev team!

This crap is unplayable!

Seriously, a big fat middle finger to dean hall and his incompetent minions!

It's as if they think "mhh, what can we do at our next patch to fuck things up even more?"

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

I literally just stood there

There's your problem. Seems idiotic to do a thing like "just stand there" doesn't it?

This crap is unplayable!

Seriously, a big fat middle finger to dean hall and his incompetent minions!

It's as if they think "mhh, what can we do at our next patch to fuck things up even more?"

Don't let the door hit you  :emptycan:

• Like 1

The people who think this game is anywhere near finished have extremely poor reading comprehension.

The constant crying of the idiotic, immature, short sighted players, can make reading threads here tedious at best.

If you came here to curse the developers and rage adding 0 constructive ideas regarding the game  you should log out of here, uninstall DayZ, and maybe consider returning after beta, when you find out that the full game is being released.

• Like 2

Is ammo box loot broken? I've been looking for it for days on various servers NW and Balota airfield and nothing

Can someone confirm this?

The zombies aren't impossible.. but they are kind of ridiculous in that they hit you after they are dead. I can deal with missing over and over if when I do finally land a kill shot, I don't get whacked after the zed goes down. I was actually hit TWICE after a killed one like his hits were lagging. That's stupid.

Edited by way455

They need to drop everything they're doing and give us friggin bikes... just bikes, not anything fancy. Somebody long ago referred to the game as a Marathon Simulator. Pretty sure I've spent 60-70% of my game play running places.